"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Re: Official Announcement Thread & Discussion

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:17 pm

rereboy wrote:Is this... real life?
Yes!! This is really happening!! :P

Dreams do come true!!! :D

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Marco Polo wrote:I really hope they don't hesitate to shake up the art style. This is a new series, not DBZ. DBZ had a different art syle than DB. This new series should also have a new art style. Make it like Toriyama's drawings. DO IT :thumbup:
As i said, as long as It's not all-CGI, I'll be happy :D
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Steam: The Muncher of Da Biscuits.
PSN: Joeythekiller123
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:19 pm

This was me! replace N64 with Dragonball Super hahaha https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFlcqWQVVuU
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:20 pm

samuraix123 wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Doctor. wrote:How long is expected until we get a PV trailer?
They're probably saving everything about this for Piccolo day.
Piccolo day?
Apparently May 9th is Piccolo day, anyway there was supposed to be a big announcement on that day, so I think TOEI just couldn't hold in and announced it now and they'll probably show all the promo stuff on May 9th then.
Lord Beerus wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Maybe this is why RF did not explore the 11 universes and why a few people said it felt like a training session for Goku and Vegeta.
Yeah, it's all starting to come together, now. The mutliverse may be explored with more depth in DBS.
Yup, I remember saying in the RF thread it will be hard to explore these 11 universe in movie format and it would be better suited to a tv series looks like I may have been right.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:20 pm

Has a Chief Animation Supervisor been confirmed?
Here lies a modified Doctor Who qoute. It was killed too early by the moderators. R.I.P.
Playing XenoVerse on Pc. BP = 10370. Primary CaC: Tapaha. Always ready for an invite :D
Jackass, #1 Hellsing fan, Translator for the Danish version of DBM(always two pages ahead of you), Chilling on da forums 8)

flashback0180
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by flashback0180 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:21 pm

sbk wrote:http://conectica.com.mx/2015/04/28/nuev ... agon-ball/

Mexican article on the new series, I love the image they used in this article

Probably fake :( But it looks pretty snazzy
Is that bra or Bulma

Tennessaiyan
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tennessaiyan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:21 pm

sbk wrote:http://conectica.com.mx/2015/04/28/nuev ... agon-ball/

Mexican article on the new series, I love the image they used in this article

Probably fake :( But it looks pretty snazzy
It's fake. I know the guy on DA who drew it. He's awesome.
mogi67 wrote:I kind of view Dragon Ball the same way I view mythology. It can be convoluted, contradictory, but always a treasure.

RandomGuy96
Kicks it Old-School

Post by RandomGuy96 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:22 pm

rereboy wrote:Is this... real life?
No, this is just fantasy.
The Monkey King wrote:
RandomGuy96 wrote:
dbgtFO wrote: Please elaborate as I do not know what you mean by "pushing Vegeta's destruction"
He's probably referring to the Bardock special. Zarbon was the one who first recommended destroying Planet Vegeta because the saiyans were rapidly growing in strength.
It was actually Beerus disguised as Zarbon #StayWoke
Herms wrote:The fact that the ridiculous power inflation is presented so earnestly makes me just roll my eyes and snicker. Like with Freeza, where he starts off over 10 times stronger than all his henchmen except Ginyu (because...well, just because), then we find out he can transform and get even more powerful, and then he reveals he can transform two more times, before finally coming out with the fact that he hasn't even been using anywhere near 50% of his power. Oh, and he can survive in the vacuum of space. All this stuff is just presented as the way Freeza is, without even an attempt at rationalizing it, yet the tone dictates we're supposed to take all this silly grasping at straws as thrilling danger. So I guess I don't really take the power inflation in the Boo arc seriously, but I don't take the power inflation in earlier arcs seriously either, so there's no net loss of seriousness. I think a silly story presented as serious is harder to accept than a silly story presented as silly.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:23 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HA1mbZ_MMh8
This is my state right now....

kei17
I Live Here

Post by kei17 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:24 pm

Vegitofaxx wrote:Has a Chief Animation Supervisor been confirmed?
We don't even know whether it's hand-drawn animation.

El Diabeetus
I Live Here

Post by El Diabeetus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:24 pm

Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone's twitter accounts posted the news about this. Found that interesting.

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 pm

kei17 wrote:
Vegitofaxx wrote:Has a Chief Animation Supervisor been confirmed?
We don't even know whether it's hand-drawn animation.
I hope to god it is...

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 pm

I can’t say the prospect of watching DBZ week-to-week isn’t interesting. One of the main things I wonder is how the original readers of DB way back reacted to Toriyama’s shenanigans.

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:25 pm

THE BOYHOOD DREAM HAS COME TRUE

Seriously. I, like most of you, got into DBZ just as GT concluded in Japan. Given its popularity, I just assumed Dragon Ball AF was a real thing, and new episodes of Dragon Ball would be coming out of Japan, steady. I mean, why not?

18 years later, the dream has come true. I should probably temper expectations, but right now I choose to get hype.

NEW DRAGON BALL ANIME NEW DRAGON BALL ANIME

Tenshinhan-san
Beyond Newbie

Post by Tenshinhan-san » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:26 pm

Awesome news!

But for the love of Kami, level the playing field for the Humans wariors!

Vegitofaxx
Regular

Post by Vegitofaxx » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:26 pm

All those "Dragon Ball is dead" comments we endured...Who's laughing now :twisted:

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:26 pm

First time posting here!

As everyone else I'm fuckin' excited for this.
I have been waiting all my life for a new DB series. I've been an HUGE fan of DBZ since I was a child.

What I hope for this new series is that it stays true to itself.
I have faith in Akira Toriyama, and I can't wait to see it. Being from Italy I hope it makes it here.

I would like if they explore the 12 universes. Well it would make no sense if they don't.
My guess is AT had it in mind since BoG, or it would be stupid for Beerus to mention the 12 universes if we are never seeing anything of them.
So they gave us the two movies for a "Sneak Peek" and to see how much money to put in this new serie and if Dragon Ball was still loved worldwide.
So now that both movies have been a success, I really think they will try making the best out of Dragon Ball Super.
DB is a COLOSSAL franchise, it can make them SO MUCH fricking money, they won't waste this chance.
Expect many high budget videogames, toys and so more to be released next years. Finally we will see really good DB games as I'm totally sure those are going to sell REALLY good. Maybe I'm too optimist but if Super turns out to be really good, its videogames could become top sellers like COD, expecially if they are really well done.
Last edited by emperior on Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Kishido
Banned

Post by Kishido » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:27 pm

To be honest... I expect nothing. Besides Beerus as character being awesome... I do not like this directions of "gods"

Will still watch it

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:28 pm

SSJ4 Furanki wrote:Entertainment Weekly and Rolling Stone's twitter accounts posted the news about this. Found that interesting.
Already covered that. :wink:

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:28 pm

HA Ha The series that never dies lives on!!! WOOT!