"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

MrBlackFox
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 419
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by MrBlackFox » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:31 pm

Damn, crossovers are my curse, now I'm dreaming a survival universe tournament with characters from Super, One Piece, Seiya, Hokuto no Ken, Arale ( Super made her canon, right?), Naruto and many more, like Jump Ultimate and J-Stars games

Pretty sad we'll probably never get one

User avatar
Shounen
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 135
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:28 pm
Location: Poland
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Shounen » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:34 pm

MrBlackFox wrote:Arale ( Super made her canon, right?)
No, she always been in "canon".

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10266
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:35 pm

The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:40 min condensed retellings of the BoG and Resurrection "F" films please......:shifty:
Are you being sarcastic,because imagined the outrage if that happens
Yeah just being playful, we got a movie, we got a TV arc, why not a special retelling...? Complete the trilogy :lol:

Jaetinh
Regular
Posts: 512
Joined: Sat Jan 23, 2010 11:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Jaetinh » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:38 pm

I hope it'll be an anime adaption of the Yamcha side story manga. Toru Furuya's Twitter statement about his voice acting for Yamcha is still on my mind. I hope to get some clarification soon.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7566
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:42 pm

Michsi wrote:I think they left the 4 strongest universes "unexplored" specifically for future use.
My thoughts exactly, that's the main reason I think this will not be Super final arc.
ArchedThunder wrote:
Noah wrote:It's another damn crossover special shoved down to our throats. "Neat" is not the first word that comes to mind.
It's a collab, but they are two separate specials, a One Piece one and a Super one, so they might not be crossovers.
Really? I'll pray for that then, Dragon Ball world is huge, it would be waste to have another special being a crossover rather than a story that may contribute in-universe.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
The gr
I Live Here
Posts: 2843
Joined: Sat Dec 10, 2016 9:58 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by The gr » Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:49 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
The gr wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:40 min condensed retellings of the BoG and Resurrection "F" films please......:shifty:
Are you being sarcastic,because imagined the outrage if that happens
Yeah just being playful, we got a movie, we got a TV arc, why not a special retelling...? Complete the trilogy :lol:
Is the original dangerous trio
    This special better be worth my time,why not one with the super saiyan god lore or the god of destruction lore or black killing the kaioshin or hit or the exempted universe, etc so many stories and if they choose a generic crossover then it would be a waste

    JulianStyles
    Banned
    Posts: 346
    Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:11 pm

    HeroR wrote:[

    He was average in Resurrection 'F', both retellings and movie.

    No matter how hard you try, the writer you keep quoting didn't write Episode 89. Roshi kicked Tien's ass with his own power with no enchantment according to Goku. Doesn't matter what the manga does with Tien, we're talking about the anime.

    Krillin also got three knockouts and saved 18 before going down.

    Also, the summery said nothing about Tien having a new technique. You're making assumptions.
    Image

    Hmm special attack? Do you know of any attacks Tien has used before that reveal hidden people? Maybe its not new maybe its the solar flare. But the safe bet is that its new.

    Dont know why you feel the need diminish him in ROF. What you want him to do fight Freeza? Him and Piccolo were the best outside of Gohan.

    You can ignore a DBS writer as if he doesnt know what hes talking about. You can say whoever wrote 89 didnt know what they were doing if thats how you want to look at it. You could also ignore the fact that Roshi hasnt displayed any of those powers since. Flight,flamed on ki,durability, increased stamina( as he was able to hold his buff form through out. Roshi was tired after using the flash attack on Preecho, he showed no such fatigue when he used it at 100% against Tien. And if he was at base Gokus level he wouldnt be hiding and using such attacks like the mafuba. He would actually throw some blows.) You could also ignore Toyotaro works closer with Akira than anyone else. Ignore all that. It doesnt make you right or having a good point.

    And to bring up the achievements of someone eliminated by the time 106 comes around would be 7 episodes ago and compare them to people still competing is ridiculous. I see a lot of people repeating the same thing Krillin did this. As it some how is a negative to people still in the tournament. Roshi will surpass Krillin in episode 105, Piccolo will get there and so will Tien.

    User avatar
    The_Destroyer
    Regular
    Posts: 519
    Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:33 pm

    Jaetinh wrote:I hope it'll be an anime adaption of the Yamcha side story manga. Toru Furuya's Twitter statement about his voice acting for Yamcha is still on my mind. I hope to get some clarification soon.
    If they do I hope they expand on what Yamcha did during Namek. I personally dont want it becausr I thought the Yamcha manga was disappointing.

    User avatar
    CJStriker_CBR
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:24 pm

    Hey All New Poster Here that Just Joined and Logged On Tonight, Nice to be Here! 8)

    Before I even start dicussion on this thread I just like to Say Thanks for Fans for keeping Up to Date News on all things Dragon Ball Super, Espcially the New Episode Spoilers and News we hear!

    Been surfing this page for a good while, finally decided to Join!

    I am a Veteran Member of the Comic Book Resource Forums, hence the part of my Avatar Name CBR and my link to their is below!

    Glad to be here, looking forward to discussions in the future! :D

    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker
    --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
    Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
    My #1 in DB!
    :thumbup:

    I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

    User avatar
    YonedgeHP
    Regular
    Posts: 661
    Joined: Sun May 29, 2016 12:36 pm
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia (Kingdom of Spain)
    Contact:

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by YonedgeHP » Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:43 pm

    CJStriker_CBR wrote:Hey All New Poster Here that Just Joined and Logged On Tonight, Nice to be Here! 8)

    Before I even start dicussion on this thread I just like to Say Thanks for Fans for keeping Up to Date News on all things Dragon Ball Super, Espcially the New Episode Spoilers and News we hear!

    Been surfing this page for a good while, finally decided to Join!

    I am a Veteran Member of the Comic Book Resource Forums, hence the part of my Avatar Name CBR and my link to their is below!

    Glad to be here, looking forward to discussions in the future! :D

    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker
    Welcome to Kanzenshuu!
    Between you and the Namekian I think I've lost my touch at genocide. -PSN Xenoverse 2 account: Yonedge-HP. Freeza's race Ki blast avatar: Yonedge.
    Filler and canon discussions are "meh" :oops:

    English is not my first language!

    User avatar
    CJStriker_CBR
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:08 pm

    YonedgeHP wrote:Welcome to Kanzenshuu!
    Thanks for the Welcome, Glad to be on a Forum that focuses on Dragon Ball specifically!

    CBR has good forums for this too, but it is nice to be on one that has all to them just to the show! :lol:
    --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
    Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
    My #1 in DB!
    :thumbup:

    I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

    User avatar
    CJStriker_CBR
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1584
    Joined: Tue Aug 22, 2017 7:22 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by CJStriker_CBR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:25 pm

    Zeno's button wrote:My guess:

    Jiren
    Toppo
    Goku
    Gohan
    Vegeta
    Frieza
    Hit
    Kale
    Frost
    Ribrianne
    Honestly I don't know what Toei's ideal of the final round will look like in the end, but like many others here I can only guess what it might end up being. So by that, I think the Final Round will be about a Bakers Dozen/13 Fighters left in a last dash melee and here are My pics for that.

    It will come down to 4 Universe by the last moments.

    U11:
    Jiren
    Toppo
    Dyspo

    U7:
    Goku
    Gohan
    Frieza
    Vegeta

    U6:
    Frost
    Hit
    Caulifla
    Kale

    U2:
    Ribrianne
    2nd Either ~~~Jimeze, Rozie or Harmira
    --- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
    Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
    Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
    My #1 in DB!
    :thumbup:

    I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
    http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

    HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School
    Posts: 7766
    Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by HeroR » Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:53 pm

    JulianStyles wrote: Image

    Hmm special attack? Do you know of any attacks Tien has used before that reveal hidden people? Maybe its not new maybe its the solar flare. But the safe bet is that its new.

    Dont know why you feel the need diminish him in ROF. What you want him to do fight Freeza? Him and Piccolo were the best outside of Gohan.

    You can ignore a DBS writer as if he doesnt know what hes talking about. You can say whoever wrote 89 didnt know what they were doing if thats how you want to look at it. You could also ignore the fact that Roshi hasnt displayed any of those powers since. Flight,flamed on ki,durability, increased stamina( as he was able to hold his buff form through out. Roshi was tired after using the flash attack on Preecho, he showed no such fatigue when he used it at 100% against Tien. And if he was at base Gokus level he wouldnt be hiding and using such attacks like the mafuba. He would actually throw some blows.) You could also ignore Toyotaro works closer with Akira than anyone else. Ignore all that. It doesnt make you right or having a good point.

    And to bring up the achievements of someone eliminated by the time 106 comes around would be 7 episodes ago and compare them to people still competing is ridiculous. I see a lot of people repeating the same thing Krillin did this. As it some how is a negative to people still in the tournament. Roshi will surpass Krillin in episode 105, Piccolo will get there and so will Tien.
    You mean the same previews that talked about 'light bullets' last episode? These previews have been wrong so many times that I'm shocked people still take them at face value.

    He didn't do anything that standout in Resurrection 'F' compared to everyone else. He had some cool moments, but so did everyone else, and I thought Jaco looked cooler since he couldn't fly and had only a gun, yet kicked as much butt as the ki user. If he wanted to impressed, he can fight an elite mook like Piccolo did instead of fodder.

    He didn't write the episode and this is the same writer that said that Goku probably couldn't destroy the universe despite him nearly doing it in Battle of Gods. So unless you directly asked the person who wrote Episode 89 if Roshi was enchanted, that writer's word doesn't mean anything. The episode said that Roshi wasn't enhanced, it was his own strength and he got stronger. Nothing about him being enhanced. You can deny it until you're blue in the face, but those are the facts given to us in that episode. Roshi beat Tien with his own power. Preecho was probably stronger than Tien to boot since he withstand the attack while Tien got knocked on his butt.

    And do you seriously believe Goku was going all out on Roshi in his base form. If you believe that, especially when the episode never made such a claim, there's nothing to say.

    Yeah, Tien is still around and got less knockouts than a person who has been eliminated. Those are the facts as they stand. The rest is your assumption, which is fine, but don't pretend they're facts.
    Kanassa wrote:
    precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
    Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

    User avatar
    The_Destroyer
    Regular
    Posts: 519
    Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:19 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by The_Destroyer » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:20 pm

    HeroR wrote:
    JulianStyles wrote: Image

    Hmm special attack? Do you know of any attacks Tien has used before that reveal hidden people? Maybe its not new maybe its the solar flare. But the safe bet is that its new.

    Dont know why you feel the need diminish him in ROF. What you want him to do fight Freeza? Him and Piccolo were the best outside of Gohan.

    You can ignore a DBS writer as if he doesnt know what hes talking about. You can say whoever wrote 89 didnt know what they were doing if thats how you want to look at it. You could also ignore the fact that Roshi hasnt displayed any of those powers since. Flight,flamed on ki,durability, increased stamina( as he was able to hold his buff form through out. Roshi was tired after using the flash attack on Preecho, he showed no such fatigue when he used it at 100% against Tien. And if he was at base Gokus level he wouldnt be hiding and using such attacks like the mafuba. He would actually throw some blows.) You could also ignore Toyotaro works closer with Akira than anyone else. Ignore all that. It doesnt make you right or having a good point.

    And to bring up the achievements of someone eliminated by the time 106 comes around would be 7 episodes ago and compare them to people still competing is ridiculous. I see a lot of people repeating the same thing Krillin did this. As it some how is a negative to people still in the tournament. Roshi will surpass Krillin in episode 105, Piccolo will get there and so will Tien.
    You mean the same previews that talked about 'light bullets' last episode? These previews have been wrong so many times that I'm shocked people still take them at face value.

    He didn't do anything that standout in Resurrection 'F' compared to everyone else. He had some cool moments, but so did everyone else, and I thought Jaco looked cooler since he couldn't fly and had only a gun, yet kicked as much butt as the ki user. If he wanted to impressed, he can fight an elite mook like Piccolo did instead of fodder.

    He didn't write the episode and this is the same writer that said that Goku probably couldn't destroy the universe despite him nearly doing it in Battle of Gods. So unless you directly asked the person who wrote Episode 89 if Roshi was enchanted, that writer's word doesn't mean anything. The episode said that Roshi wasn't enhanced, it was his own strength and he got stronger. Nothing about him being enhanced. You can deny it until you're blue in the face, but those are the facts given to us in that episode. Roshi beat Tien with his own power. Preecho was probably stronger than Tien to boot since he withstand the attack while Tien got knocked on his butt.

    And do you seriously believe Goku was going all out on Roshi in his base form. If you believe that, especially when the episode never made such a claim, there's nothing to say.

    Yeah, Tien is still around and got less knockouts than a person who has been eliminated. Those are the facts as they stand. The rest is your assumption, which is fine, but don't pretend they're facts.
    Was this the same magazine that said Tien would use special techniques in the 2v2 between Tien Goku Piccolo and Gohan?

    User avatar
    Li'l Lemmy
    I Live Here
    Posts: 2456
    Joined: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:21 am
    Location: Massachusetts
    Contact:

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by Li'l Lemmy » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:26 pm

    I'm actually hoping for something relating to Trunks and Goten. The last episode of DBS in which we saw them seemed to allude to some kind of subplot, so a TV special could be a good way to bring some focus to the characters being neglected by the larger arc.

    Not holding my breath, though.
    Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
    The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

    User avatar
    MainJPW
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
    Posts: 410
    Joined: Sun Mar 12, 2017 9:40 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by MainJPW » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:27 pm

    The_Destroyer wrote: Was this the same magazine that said Tien would use special techniques in the 2v2 between Tien Goku Piccolo and Gohan?
    Yep.

    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

    These Jump previews should be taken with a grain of salt.

    User avatar
    perucho1990
    I Live Here
    Posts: 2347
    Joined: Tue Jul 05, 2011 5:04 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by perucho1990 » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:42 pm

    Well the Jump preview also mentioned that Trunks became stronger due to training with Vegeta(thing that the anime didnt bother to mention).

    [spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

    JulianStyles
    Banned
    Posts: 346
    Joined: Fri Dec 30, 2016 2:40 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by JulianStyles » Thu Aug 24, 2017 11:57 pm

    HeroR wrote:
    JulianStyles wrote: Image

    Hmm special attack? Do you know of any attacks Tien has used before that reveal hidden people? Maybe its not new maybe its the solar flare. But the safe bet is that its new.

    Dont know why you feel the need diminish him in ROF. What you want him to do fight Freeza? Him and Piccolo were the best outside of Gohan.

    You can ignore a DBS writer as if he doesnt know what hes talking about. You can say whoever wrote 89 didnt know what they were doing if thats how you want to look at it. You could also ignore the fact that Roshi hasnt displayed any of those powers since. Flight,flamed on ki,durability, increased stamina( as he was able to hold his buff form through out. Roshi was tired after using the flash attack on Preecho, he showed no such fatigue when he used it at 100% against Tien. And if he was at base Gokus level he wouldnt be hiding and using such attacks like the mafuba. He would actually throw some blows.) You could also ignore Toyotaro works closer with Akira than anyone else. Ignore all that. It doesnt make you right or having a good point.

    And to bring up the achievements of someone eliminated by the time 106 comes around would be 7 episodes ago and compare them to people still competing is ridiculous. I see a lot of people repeating the same thing Krillin did this. As it some how is a negative to people still in the tournament. Roshi will surpass Krillin in episode 105, Piccolo will get there and so will Tien.
    You mean the same previews that talked about 'light bullets' last episode? These previews have been wrong so many times that I'm shocked people still take them at face value.

    He didn't do anything that standout in Resurrection 'F' compared to everyone else. He had some cool moments, but so did everyone else, and I thought Jaco looked cooler since he couldn't fly and had only a gun, yet kicked as much butt as the ki user. If he wanted to impressed, he can fight an elite mook like Piccolo did instead of fodder.

    He didn't write the episode and this is the same writer that said that Goku probably couldn't destroy the universe despite him nearly doing it in Battle of Gods. So unless you directly asked the person who wrote Episode 89 if Roshi was enchanted, that writer's word doesn't mean anything. The episode said that Roshi wasn't enhanced, it was his own strength and he got stronger. Nothing about him being enhanced. You can deny it until you're blue in the face, but those are the facts given to us in that episode. Roshi beat Tien with his own power. Preecho was probably stronger than Tien to boot since he withstand the attack while Tien got knocked on his butt.

    And do you seriously believe Goku was going all out on Roshi in his base form. If you believe that, especially when the episode never made such a claim, there's nothing to say.

    Yeah, Tien is still around and got less knockouts than a person who has been eliminated. Those are the facts as they stand. The rest is your assumption, which is fine, but don't pretend they're facts.
    So Never getting hit and not struggling is the same as those like Jacco and Roshi who were hit multiple times and Krillin who was over whelemed ran into a tree and needed to be saved by Gohan from being blasted to death? Wow

    Like I said. If you go with one writer doesnt know what hes talking about, then you cant say the writers that wrote 89 are right. Because every episode since has shown 89 to be wrong. I listed all the abilities Roshi showed in 89 and how he literally says he cant fly and has shown nothing similiar to 89 in the TOP. So use your own logic here. And Goku was flamed on and needed for Choutzu to stop Yurin in order to stop Roshi. So yea you can assume Goku was at full power in his base against witch craft Roshi. But again its badly written episode by one writer and his take on things doesnt reflect anything before or after. But you hold on to that for dear life. Ill be watching Roshi almost kill himself next week and get eliminated.

    And your banking on these translations to be wrong? Tiens going help out. Cant mess that up. Even if he uses the solar flare and its not a new attack. That would mean he used it twice successfully in TOP while the solar flare ×100 was a dud. So keep hoping Tien does nothing. Keep hoping translations are wrong and keep hoping the rest of the series and the rest of the writers share the same views as the writer who wrote 89.

    User avatar
    TekTheNinja
    I'm pretty cozy, here...
    Posts: 1639
    Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:36 pm
    Location: The realm of annoyance.

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by TekTheNinja » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:02 am

    The_Destroyer wrote:
    Jaetinh wrote:I hope it'll be an anime adaption of the Yamcha side story manga. Toru Furuya's Twitter statement about his voice acting for Yamcha is still on my mind. I hope to get some clarification soon.
    If they do I hope they expand on what Yamcha did during Namek. I personally dont want it becausr I thought the Yamcha manga was disappointing.
    It was very disappointing. So many things were rushed due to not having enough chapters to cover everything in detail and Yamcha was yet again just treated as a joke sadly.

    I would like a special about Yamcha, Goten, and Trunks defending Earth from some villain, (With at least a Namek arc Frieza power level) but they probably wouldn't do a special without Goku. I mean there were some in the past with very little Goku, but modern DB I can't see doing that.
    -A bitter fan of the human characters of Dragon Ball.
    Chris Sabat wrote:#YamchaForever
    saiyanvegetable wrote:Trunks slowly realizes this is not the past he came to when he fought Cell, instead he finds himself trapped in a world with hollow caricatures, a talking cat, and a Goku who beat the heart virus but is suffering from retardation.

    HeroR
    Kicks it Old-School
    Posts: 7766
    Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

    Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

    Post by HeroR » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:06 am

    JulianStyles wrote:
    So Never getting hit and not struggling is the same as those like Jacco and Roshi who were hit multiple times and Krillin who was over whelemed ran into a tree and needed to be saved by Gohan from being blasted to death? Wow

    Like I said. If you go with one writer doesnt know what hes talking about, then you cant say the writers that wrote 89 are right. Because every episode since has shown 89 to be wrong. I listed all the abilities Roshi showed in 89 and how he literally says he cant fly and has shown nothing similiar to 89 in the TOP. So use your own logic here. And Goku was flamed on and needed for Choutzu to stop Yurin in order to stop Roshi. So yea you can assume Goku was at full power in his base against witch craft Roshi. But again its badly written episode by one writer and his take on things doesnt reflect anything before or after. But you hold on to that for dear life. Ill be watching Roshi almost kill himself next week and get eliminated.

    And your banking on these translations to be wrong? Tiens going help out. Cant mess that up. Even if he uses the solar flare and its not a new attack. That would mean he used it twice successfully in TOP while the solar flare ×100 was a dud. So keep hoping Tien does nothing. Keep hoping translations are wrong and keep hoping the rest of the series and the rest of the writers share the same views as the writer who wrote 89.
    Not getting hit by fodder isn't really noteworthy. Especially fodder that Roshi can take care of who was left behind back in Dragon Ball. Jaco was also never hit either and again, not a ki user.

    One writer doesn't disregard an episode, especially one he didn't write the episode in question. You matter how hard you try, Roshi beat Tien with is own power. Don't like it, tough cookies. Take your salt to the person who actually wrote the episode and have Goku explicitly say, "this is Roshi when he isn't holding back". And if you want to believe Roshi equal base Goku, fine. Oh and "Roshi almost kill himself next week and get eliminated". Yeah, he will probably still take down more people than Tien who spams a life sucking technique, including against fodder.

    No, I am questioning if Tien is going to do a 'new technique' like you're pushing since the same scans also claimed Dyspo had 'light bullets'. And he used the Solar Flare once before, which amounted to crap.

    I don't care about Tien. He can drop dead as far as I care. You're the one bending over trying to tell me how great Tien is because he looked good against fodder and trying to excuse him getting floored by Roshi by using the words of a writer from Twitter who again didn't even write the episode. The same writer who said Goku couldn't destroy the universe unless he became a God of Destruction, despite Goku being capable of destroying the universe in Battle of Gods by the narrator and several characters.

    Also, the writer who wrote Episode 89 wrote it on the behalf of the director of Super. So he had to approved of the script so yes, he shares the 'same opinion' as the person who wrote Episode 89 since they approved the script. What, you think the guy went rogue and just stuff lines that no one knew existed until the episode aired? Please learned about production.
    Kanassa wrote:
    precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
    Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

    Post Reply