"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:48 pm

The big question here, is how will this affect licensing? Will we get a simulcast?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:53 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The big question here, is how will this affect licensing? Will we get a simulcast?
Yeah, it will.
They'll either just upload the whole thing as one episode, or cut it into two.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:58 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:The big question here, is how will this affect licensing? Will we get a simulcast?
Yeah, it will.
I think they'll upload them separately because they're produced separately
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:00 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Yeah, it will.
I'm not talking about uploading the One Piece one and the Dragon Ball Super one at the same time, what I mean is that because they are being treated as both TV specials and double episodes that each special will either be uploaded as a whole like a regular episode, or cut into two episodes and uploaded at the same time.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:00 pm

:sick: IDK how I feel about this...
Freeza,cabba,frost,u6 nameks haven't done anything yet or had a real fight so far how will they handled them if goku Vs jiren happens in October

incarnati0n
Beyond Newbie

Post by incarnati0n » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm

Will be interesting to see how they are going to clean house before the special if Goku is getting his new form right before it. It wouldn't make much sense if he got it while U7 has essentially their entire team in play so I wonder if most will just get jobbed to Jiren out of nowhere.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:02 pm

So a thought just occurred to me. Will we see a Goku's new form in the manga or is this another Toei creation?

We already have a precedent for it with multiple examples and I'm not sure if we've seen any designs from either Toriyama or Toyotaro with it yet.

What if Toei just made the whole thing up like SSJ Rage and SSBxKK?

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 pm

pacz360 wrote::sick: IDK how I feel about this...
Freeza,cabba,frost,u6 nameks haven't done anything yet or had a real fight so far how will they handled them if goku Vs jiren happens in October
I don't think the arc is ending just yet.
TheMikado wrote:So a thought just occurred to me. Will we see a Goku's new form in the manga or is this another Toei creation?

We already have a precedent for it with multiple examples and I'm not sure if we've seen any designs from either Toriyama or Toyotaro with it yet.

With the way they've been hyping it up I doubt the new form is an anime original thing.

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Riczi » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:08 pm

Goku and Jiren will eliminate themselves and we will see the rest of warriors fighting for survival of their universes.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:08 pm

I do not think we'll see a rematch between Vegeta and Hitto ...

I am extremely disappointed. It would be amazing to see Freeza VS Toppo as well

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:09 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
Yeah, it will.
Cool! So I assume when other countries air this arc it could be treated as two episodes then? Would make the most sense.
ArchedThunder wrote:
I don't think the arc is ending just yet.
TheMikado wrote:So a thought just occurred to me. Will we see a Goku's new form in the manga or is this another Toei creation?

With the way they've been hyping it up I doubt the new form is an anime original thing.
I also saw Toshio praise Toriyama on my TL regarding the vjump tease.

Also we don't know if Rage and KK was solely a Toei idea, the Manga is not written by Toriyama...

Boo Machine

Post by Boo Machine » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:11 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:But that's the problem.

The fight between Goku and Jiren will probably mean the end of the tournament. Or the intervention of someone.

That would be extremely disappointing for me. Hype was too big and they would simply be wasting a lot of potential with this tournament (DB's biggest).

I can not understand
Well at the moment there is nothing TO understand. We just have a lot of "probablys, Maybes, and what if's." If you want to understand then wait for it to happen and then we can see if we need to be upset. No point in premature outrage or disappointment.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:12 pm

Who says they're going to job anyone out? Goku's been trying to fight Jiren since the tournament started. This battle could easily be happening while other fighting is going on.

I've been thinking that Rage and Trunks' Improved Super Saiyan 2 form are supposed to be the same thing or were derived from the same point in the outline but moved around to different locations. Since God came back in the anime I honestly won't be surprised if Kaioken Blue shows up in the manga's exhibition matches (assuming they happen) or during the fight with Jiren.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:13 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote: Yeah, it will.
I'm not talking about uploading the One Piece one and the Dragon Ball Super one at the same time, what I mean is that because they are being treated as both TV specials and double episodes that each special will either be uploaded as a whole like a regular episode, or cut into two episodes and uploaded at the same time.
No I know, I was talking about the Super episodes
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Yeah, it will.
Cool! So I assume when other countries air this arc it could be treated as two episodes then? Would make the most sense.
Yeah and in other countries they probably won't air them back to back

Vegeta-Sama
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Vegeta-Sama » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:17 pm

Riczi wrote:Goku and Jiren will eliminate themselves and we will see the rest of warriors fighting for survival of their universes.
I totally get behind that idea and narrative wise it would make a lot of sense. Especially why Goku had so many fights and screentime in the ToP thus far.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:22 pm

Boo Machine wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:But that's the problem.

The fight between Goku and Jiren will probably mean the end of the tournament. Or the intervention of someone.

That would be extremely disappointing for me. Hype was too big and they would simply be wasting a lot of potential with this tournament (DB's biggest).

I can not understand
Well at the moment there is nothing TO understand. We just have a lot of "probablys, Maybes, and what if's." If you want to understand then wait for it to happen and then we can see if we need to be upset. No point in premature outrage or disappointment.
No, I am making assumptions, and this is inevitable to happen.

I will remain disappointed and with low hype until we know what is really going to happen. Because what was shown in the trailer looks like exactly what I said.

It created a lot of hype for the tournament, and if it ended this fight, it would prove extremely disappointing, since until now, we did not have a really incredible episode, it's still halfway through.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:25 pm

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote: Yeah and in other countries they probably won't air them back to back
I guess that depends on if it's literally two episodes, right down to have the OP and ED for both, or if the time that would be used on the first ED and second OP are still the episode.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:27 pm

What if the Namekians are actually the real top fighters? They are the only characters apart from the bugs left who could possibly be really strong.