"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Yedis
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Yedis » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:51 pm

incarnati0n wrote:http://www.kanzenshuu.com/2017/08/27/on ... nal-video/

Seems like while the Goku vs Jiren start in the special, it's looks like the special will just start the important part of the tournament with the fodder being all out and the important fights starting. Atleast that is what it looks like to me.

I think the special will be the start of multiple "big fights" happening at the same time with Goku v. Jiren as the headliner

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:56 pm

perucho1990 wrote:
Vegeta-Sama wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Well, we will have 5 episodes until the beginning of the special (7 counting with the special itself).
We have 3 left:

2nd September - 106
9th September - Break
16th September - 107
23th September - 108
1st october - Break
8th october - 1 Hour Special Goku vs Jiren
Episode 107 is rumored to be centered on U3 according to Toshios twitter.

Episode 108 might have Vegeta fight Jiren(u know Vegeta always jobs to the main antagonist).
But, Toshio said on his Twitter that EP 104 would focus on Caulifla and Kale as well, would not it? We saw that they just watched as Hitto and Goku fought

I remember seeing something like that.

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:59 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
perucho1990 wrote:
Vegeta-Sama wrote:
We have 3 left:

2nd September - 106
9th September - Break
16th September - 107
23th September - 108
1st october - Break
8th october - 1 Hour Special Goku vs Jiren
Episode 107 is rumored to be centered on U3 according to Toshios twitter.

Episode 108 might have Vegeta fight Jiren(u know Vegeta always jobs to the main antagonist).
But, Toshio said on his Twitter that EP 104 would focus on Caulifla and Kale as well, would not it? We saw that they just watched as Hitto and Goku fought

I remember seeing something like that.
While these sound Interesting I I Agree TheSaiyanGod, I think they should be Treated with a Grain of Much Salt, feels early for Jiren and Goku to be going at it. It feels like the earliest that should happen in Late October more likely. We will see what happens.

I like to have some conclusion with U3 as well, they need more screen-time to have a final definition if they have enough of what it takes to stay or not?!
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:01 pm

Rhuagh wrote:
TheMikado wrote:So a thought just occurred to me. Will we see a Goku's new form in the manga or is this another Toei creation?

We already have a precedent for it with multiple examples and I'm not sure if we've seen any designs from either Toriyama or Toyotaro with it yet.

What if Toei just made the whole thing up like SSJ Rage and SSBxKK?
No way it's not in the manga. Rage was barely even acknowledged as a new transformation, had zero build up, and was given to a character that we probably won't see again for another 2 decades, if ever. Kaioken also isn't really a new transformation. I don't think Toei has the authority to create a new form that is supposed to be Goku's strongest.
Well they invented SSJ4 and technically created the concept of SSG too. Like I said there's a clear precedent.

hardcorefakes
Beyond Newbie

Post by hardcorefakes » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:12 pm

So my prediction that this fight could spread out over 4 to 5 episodes was right? Because if this arc is ending in November, that's how long it'd be, unless it's interrupted.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:16 pm

Has anyone tried to ask Toshio on twitter what Kale's transformation is officially called by Toei?
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:05 pm

There's nothing saying the arc will end in November, the timeline used as proof didn't hint anything.

Also, I'm guessing having Goku busy with Geran will be in the lizardmen's best interests...

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:19 pm

CJStriker_CBR wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I just hope the next arc, whatever it's about, isn't as messy as this one is.
I Think the ToP arc was just Toei's way of having a Grand Intro to all they Universes at one. I think the next arc will be and I expect all the universes that are and will be erased will be brought back, they we will have a UNITY Arc where a few all a majority of the Universes instead of Fighting each other are forming alliances and fighting a common foe or foes.

That is my hope for the next arc after we have some downtime episodes.
Thats what this whole arc honestly feels like. Introduction to a bunch of characters.

The_Destroyer
Regular

Post by The_Destroyer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 pm

If universes merge or whatever I think it'd be cool if Ganos becomes Roshi's student post ToP. Otherwise I don't see what elese he'd do.
Last edited by The_Destroyer on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:24 pm

It's too much all at once. I appreciate the idea of a multiverse tournament, but the execution is such a mess with so many throwaway characters that I hope the next arc is scaled down to just our own universe.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:26 pm

hardcorefakes wrote:So my prediction that this fight could spread out over 4 to 5 episodes was right ?
It could but there will most likely be other important fights happening as well so it won't be all to those 2.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:03 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:I hope the next arc is scaled down to just our own universe.
Why to our, when the others seem to be much more interesting? :P

CJStriker_CBR

Post by CJStriker_CBR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:17 am

Xeogran wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:I hope the next arc is scaled down to just our own universe.
Why to our, when the others seem to be much more interesting? :P
Definitively NOT :thumbdown: , I don't want it Scaled down at all to just U7, it be Boring after the Uniqueness of seeing these other Universes!

You can't Put the Genie Back in the Bottle and Go be to pre-intro of the Universes, never works.

I want them to Expand, Explore these Universe, maybe different characters from U7 have journeys into different Universes to become better and expand their characters and the characters of those universes. But I want these other Universes to Still play a major part and expand their Mythos! :thumbup:

Also, Indeed I Agree Xeogran, the other Universes seem Far More Interesting to Me, New Frontiers and Character Concepts to Explore! :clap:

I also Hope that when the Next Big-Bad comes around we have a UNITY Universe Front against them, Short of like a Multiversal Avengers or Justice League, that be The BEST! :D
--- ADMIN NOTE: THIS SIGNATURE IS FAR TOO LONG. PLEASE REDUCE IN SIZE. ---
Let it Bloom. Let it Ring. The Song of Love & Victory!”:clap:
Brianne De Chateau/Ribrianne!
My #1 in DB!
:thumbup:

I’m a Veteran Poster of Comic Book Resources since 2012! 8)
http://community.comicbookresources.com ... -CJStriker

Li'l Lemmy
I Live Here

Post by Li'l Lemmy » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:26 am

I certainly understand the sentiment, and it's entirely possible that this arc is indeed an introduction to some sort of exploration of the multiverse. I'm just not a fan of the concept as it's been executed, and while this is a rather personal opinion, I think the lore has expanded too much too quickly without enough narrowed focus on individual concepts or characters to make it worthwhile. There's a lot of "new" that feels empty.

To me, anyway.
Goten of Japan wrote:Don't go 9... Go 10! (Go-ten. Goten. Get it? DOOD.)
The NUMBER ONE Goten fan, and a fucking epic one at that.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:04 am

Li'l Lemmy wrote:There's a lot of "new" that feels empty.
And that's why I want an arc where we travel through these unknown to us Universes, instead of staying on Earth again and having a villain invade it for the Xth time.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:25 am

Xeogran wrote:
Li'l Lemmy wrote:There's a lot of "new" that feels empty.
And that's why I want an arc where we travel through these unknown to us Universes, instead of staying on Earth again and having a villain invade it for the Xth time.
The Z-Fighters don't even explore their own universe, why would the show interest in another? It isn't like the scope expanded after Namek.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:40 am

Yeah, other than visiting the Saiyan planet since we now have Cabba, Caulifa, Kale, there's no reason to go anywhere else. It would just be generic alien worlds, no different than the few we've seen in U7 already. Or it'd just be the beginning of GT 2.0

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Mon Aug 28, 2017 2:47 am

precita wrote:Yeah, other than visiting the Saiyan planet since we now have Cabba, Caulifa, Kale, there's no reason to go anywhere else. It would just be generic alien worlds, no different than the few we've seen in U7 already. Or it'd just be the beginning of GT 2.0
The blackstar arc could have been great if those planets were interesting but they weren't and i was bored for 20 episodes straight.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:06 am

Totamo wrote:
precita wrote:Yeah, other than visiting the Saiyan planet since we now have Cabba, Caulifa, Kale, there's no reason to go anywhere else. It would just be generic alien worlds, no different than the few we've seen in U7 already. Or it'd just be the beginning of GT 2.0
The blackstar arc could have been great if those planets were interesting but they weren't and i was bored for 20 episodes straight.
The robot mutant planet was a great idea that was rushed to make way for Baby.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:08 am

Is Goku vs Jiren battles going to last for a long time or is it just not the final battle? I say it is not the final battle.