"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:19 am

emperior wrote:I feel like Cabba could be someone kids could relate to. He's small, skinny and with a cool haircut, and he fights to keep the peace. He's a Saiyan and he sees Vegeta as his master. I wonder if they will do something with him, as he was deemed important enough he got a cool cut in the opening while Piccolo, 18 and Tenshinan got basically nothing. Same for other new characters but I can understand that they didn't want to spoil too many characters.
I dont particularly like any of them but Cabba is defintely the least forced of them all.

They should have given Cabba SSJ2 while Caulifla got SSJ1. That small change would make me much happier and they could keep their marketing tools....errr Female saiyans.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:26 am

Episode 108 preview picture apparently.

https://mobile.twitter.com/YonkouProd/s ... 7277764614

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:45 am

Look at them chilling together while everyone's fighting to death.

Frost also looks to be very happy, which means that he'll do well in 107.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:52 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Episode 108 preview picture apparently.

Nice but I'm wondering whats going happen in the special and what the u6 nameks and cabba are going to be doing?
Frost was absence since eliminating krilin in episode 98 and now is doing something with freeza
Cabba was absent since 102
U6 Nameks haven't been seen yet in the show outside the godpad

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:08 am

pacz360 wrote:

Nice but I'm wondering whats going happen in the special and what the u6 nameks and cabba are going to be doing?
Frost was absence since eliminating krilin in episode 98 and now is doing something with freeza
Cabba was absent since 102
U6 Nameks haven't been seen yet in the show outside the godpad
I would expect nothing from Saonel and Pilina until after the special. However, I would not be surprised if Frieza and Frost or the Goku vs Jiren fight triggers them into some action.

Cabba might get involved if Kale and Caulifla are in trouble or he could go after Frost for betraying.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:36 am

Freeza's barely been around this arc, but when he is they've been treating him incredibly well. I'm looking forward to seeing how they write him here.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:45 am

Jumping the gun here, but dare I say this adds even more credibility to the "Ending Theory" and Vegeta really is next? If Frost is still hangin' around in 108, and 107 is this weekend with Vegeta having his tough time... oh boy.

Or I can be overthinking it, which I am probably.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:50 am

Swifticuffs wrote:

Jumping the gun here, but dare I say this adds even more credibility to the "Ending Theory" and Vegeta really is next? If Frost is still hangin' around in 108, and 107 is this weekend with Vegeta having his tough time... oh boy.

I thought there was a translated ad that said there would still be 8 members of Team 7 in the ring circa episode 109.

But if he were to trap Vegeta via mafuba he could still technically be in the ring if Frost doesn't toss the bottle overboard.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Swifticuffs
Beyond Newbie

Post by Swifticuffs » Fri Sep 15, 2017 11:51 am

Chuquita wrote:
Swifticuffs wrote:

I thought there was a translated ad that said there would still be 8 members of Team 7 in the ring circa episode 109.

But if he were to trap Vegeta via mafuba he could still technically be in the ring if Frost doesn't toss the bottle overboard.
Ah, very nice. I had no idea about that ad. I am not a delusional Vegeta fan; I know it's gonna be Goku at the end. But him being out this early (early by a guy who is almost dead even with Goku in Manga) would be weird to me.

Also, PM me bro. I'm from Jersey too, lol.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Rubens wrote:Saiyans are suppose to look young until they reach 80 years old, at least in universe 7 - even if universe 6 saiyans have a different age cap, I believe it's safe to assume they may look like teenagers and yet to be actually a lot older.
Either they're midgets or they're teenagers. Cabba is about Gohan's size when he was 11 or Goku's size when he was 15.
Tarble is older than Gohan and is the same size as Cabba.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:36 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So just because Freeza is enjoying watching Gohan suffer means he betrayed U7? :eh:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:57 pm

Noah wrote:
BlueBasilisk wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
So just because Freeza is enjoying watching Gohan suffer means he betrayed U7? :eh:
That puzzles me too. Unless he's actively attacking his own teammates, I don't see how joining forces with Frost constitues a betrayal, especially not when Goku has teamed up with Hit, Caulifla and Kale who are still technically enemies.

I also don't put any stock in the dialogue from the Aniwhatever preview. The one for episode 99 made a big deal of Krillin saying 'I didn't come here to be dead weight. I came here to represent Universe 7!' And...nothing of the sort happened in the episode. That whole scene ended up being a brief encounter where Krillin just lent support fire to take out the parrot guy.

I'm almost willing to bet this'll end up being a load of nothing. Frieza and Frost will probably team up, everyone will think he's betrayed U7 because Frost attacked Vegeta and Roshi...and then they'll bugger off and do something else.

Those previews only focus on two events: Gohan getting Jimeze rustled and Frieza's 'betrayal.' I feel like all of that will happen before the commercial. What else will happen?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:07 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZErnk_A ... e=youtu.be

I just finished watching the extended Luffy VS Sanji promo. It's real good (and unintentionally comedic "Wha..?" at the beginning with them comparing it to stuff like Da Vinci's The Last Supper. I think they just compared Luffy to Jesus and Sanji to Judas and I'm just picturing this Monty Python-esque One Piece skit now. Though to be fair they also reference Nobunaga and that makes more sense because they were warriors.), but oh WOW will the one of these for Super be short if they focus on just Goku vs Jiren because they've barely had any scenes together to even pull from. This One Piece promo has almost 20 years worth of footage to utilize.

All I can picture is them trying and failing to dramatically frame those brief couple of clips of Jiren standing off in the distance and Goku calling out to him and being ignored.

But maybe they'll focus the Super ad on Team 7 as a whole instead. They have enough footage for that.

Re: Swifticuffs

Jersey's a good place. I'm hoping that hurricane stays off shore though; it's a category 1, but it could still cause damage.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:15 pm

Chuquita wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZErnk_A ... e=youtu.be

I just finished watching the extended Luffy VS Sanji promo. It's real good (and unintentionally comedic "Wha..?" at the beginning with them comparing it to stuff like Da Vinci's The Last Supper.
I never bought into the Luffy vs Sanji hype, the female crew members have pulled this crap before and Nose-boy.
Don't wanna spoil any anime only people but... it's not that big of a deal.

I'm a little worried that the Super special was made to fit with the one piece special. Makes me think the story was just hurried along to get Goku and Jiren fighting for this special.
:clap:

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:19 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
emperior wrote:I feel like Cabba could be someone kids could relate to. He's small, skinny and with a cool haircut, and he fights to keep the peace. He's a Saiyan and he sees Vegeta as his master. I wonder if they will do something with him, as he was deemed important enough he got a cool cut in the opening while Piccolo, 18 and Tenshinan got basically nothing. Same for other new characters but I can understand that they didn't want to spoil too many characters.
I dont particularly like any of them but Cabba is defintely the least forced of them all.

They should have given Cabba SSJ2 while Caulifla got SSJ1. That small change would make me much happier and they could keep their marketing tools....errr Female saiyans.
I actually disliked Cabba until Kale and Caulifa hit the scene. Now he's my favorite of the new saiyan by default for being the least offensive. :(

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:19 pm

If Freeza takes out any of the U7 guys he should be automatically considered a traitor. And for some reason I have a bad feeling on who it'll be.... :(
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:21 pm

So how will this special fit in everything ? will it be episode 108 then the special then episode 109 or episode 108 followed by the special then episode 112 ?
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:28 pm

I can't understand why they're hyping up One Piece by showing us a several minute video of pure clips, while no such thing is being done for Super and it's special! That sucks.. bad marketing Toei.

GodKaio-Ken
I Live Here

Post by GodKaio-Ken » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:31 pm

TheMikado wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

I actually disliked Cabba until Kale and Caulifa hit the scene. Now he's my favorite of the new saiyan by default for being the least offensive. :(
Funny, same story here. I just really dislike the tingling thing at the end of the day I think. Mainly because of that is all it took why didn't Goku use that to teach Gohan pre Cell Games? He had mastered transforming into SSJ at that point.
Currently watching: My Hero Academia

Last watched: Akame Ga Kill, Hokuto No Ken, Hokuto No Ken 2, Hunter X Hunter

Quote if I were to Hakai someone: "Omae Wa Mou Shindeiru. Hakai!"

Whatever
Regular

Post by Whatever » Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:37 pm

GodKaio-Ken wrote:
TheMikado wrote:
GodKaio-Ken wrote:

Funny, same story here. I just really dislike the tingling thing at the end of the day I think. Mainly because of that is all it took why didn't Goku use that to teach Gohan pre Cell Games? He had mastered transforming into SSJ at that point.
Saying why Goku didn't teach that to Gohan is like asking why he did not teach Piccolo the kaioken.
Or why kid Goku did not turn Super saiyan when Krillin got killed the 1st time,or why Vegeta did not reach Ssj2 when his son got killed.