"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:02 am

Kanassa wrote:I wonder, with that creepy shot of the namekian line up, i'm reminded of that episode in Z where Goku was imagining Vegeta talking about their dwindling race during the Frieda fight.

MMaybe with the differing histories, the Namekians are close to becoming extinct like the the Uni 7 ;saiyans
Nearly extinct becuase they fused and are still weak. What a crap backstory.

Fully extinct when they fuse with Piccolo becuase Toriyama can't come up with another way of making Piccolo stronger.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:08 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Nearly extinct becuase they fused and are still weak. What a crap backstory.
Or they're thinking about the Namakians back home who have some trouble and they want to win to use the dragon balls to fix/ get rid of it.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:12 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
Kanassa wrote:I wonder, with that creepy shot of the namekian line up, i'm reminded of that episode in Z where Goku was imagining Vegeta talking about their dwindling race during the Frieda fight.

MMaybe with the differing histories, the Namekians are close to becoming extinct like the the Uni 7 ;saiyans

Fully extinct when they fuse with Piccolo becuase Toriyama can't come up with another way of making Piccolo stronger.
I wouldn't jump to conclusions.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:20 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Nearly extinct becuase they fused and are still weak. What a crap backstory.
Or they're thinking about the Namakians back home who have some trouble and they want to win to use the dragon balls to fix/ get rid of it.
I hope so but fusion is obviously the first thing that comes to mind.

Thr most inportant thing to me now is that Piccolo beats Saonel and Pirina.
TekTheNinja wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:

I wouldn't jump to conclusions.
They are not Saiyans, so are not important, so at some point in this series they will fuse with Piccolo.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:25 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:The most inportant thing to me now is that Piccolo beats Saonel and Pirina.
I don't see him losing to them as up to this point he hasn't done anything major so the build up to their fight only for him to lose will be very anticlimactic.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:27 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:The most inportant thing to me now is that Piccolo beats Saonel and Pirina.
I don't see him losing to them as up to this point he hasn't done anything major so the build up to their fight only for him to lose will be very anticlimactic.
No way they would screw our namekian for new namekians.

mfwlegend3
Regular

Post by mfwlegend3 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:29 am

kinisking wrote: This tournament isn't even about how many people eliminate, it's about how many people survive.
As seen with Champa there are two ways of how universes are going along with things. They survive by eliminating or deciding to just have as many people stay on the arena as possible. In that instance with Gohan, they decided to pick apart U7 because most of them were in one location.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:36 am

sintzu wrote:
Piccolo will most likely win. Ribrianne who was hyped up a lot lost to Android 18 of all people, so I don't see why Piccolo shouldn't beat the Nameks. I can see him winning the fight and also getting powered-up through fusion/whatever they come up with.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:39 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
sintzu wrote:
emperior wrote: Piccolo will most likely win. Ribrianne who was hyped up a lot lost to Android 18 of all people, so I don't see why Piccolo shouldn't beat the Nameks. I can see him winning the fight and also getting powered-up through fusion/whatever they come up with.
Piccolo might not lose but also not really win as they have Gohan steal all the glory.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:45 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
sintzu wrote:
emperior wrote: Piccolo will most likely win. Ribrianne who was hyped up a lot lost to Android 18 of all people, so I don't see why Piccolo shouldn't beat the Nameks. I can see him winning the fight and also getting powered-up through fusion/whatever they come up with.
Piccolo might not lose but also not really win as they have Gohan steal all the glory.
I will be fine if Piccolo stays and gets powered up. Unfortunately ever since Buu arc it feels like Piccolo has become Tenshinan 2.0.
Now that Freeza is back, Vegeta's fans should be trembling :lol: . He may become Tenshinan 3.0 or Piccolo 2.0 with Freeza being the only one improving with Goku. Just kidding, he's way too popular to get Piccolo's treatment, and him being a Saiyan means he will always catch up to Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:51 am

emperior wrote:Now that Freeza is back, Vegeta's fans should be trembling :lol: . He may become Tenshinan 3.0 or Piccolo 2.0.
Isn't that what he already is in the anime ? he hasn't done anything since Zamasu's arc (he didn't do much in that one either). The manga is a different story as the current arc started with him fighting Beerus so I'm pretty sure he'll get good screen time in the tournament as well.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:54 am

emperior wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: No way they would screw our namekian for new namekians.
I will be fine if Piccolo stays and gets powered up. Unfortunately ever since Buu arc it feels like Piccolo has become Tenshinan 2.0.
Now that Freeza is back, Vegeta's fans should be trembling :lol: . He may become Tenshinan 3.0 or Piccolo 2.0 with Freeza being the only one improving with Goku. Just kidding, he's way too popular to get Piccolo's treatment, and him being a Saiyan means he will always catch up to Goku.
Piccolo and Tien are my 2 favourite characters and I am struggling to see the point of them even being in the show. If Piccolo can't even get the win against new Namekians or gain anything from them then there is no point in thinking about Piccolo ever returning to glory. There is already no hope with Tien.

If Frieza sticks around then he would just go the same way as Piccolo and Tien and I think Hit is already starting this process.
sintzu wrote:
emperior wrote:Now that Freeza is back, Vegeta's fans should be trembling :lol: . He may become Tenshinan 3.0 or Piccolo 2.0.
Isn't that what he already is in the anime ? he hasn't done anything since Zamasu's arc. The manga is a different story as the current arc started with him fighting Beerus so I'm pretty sure he'll get good screen time in the tournament as well.
Don't even try and compare Vegeta to Piccolo and Tien in terms of total screen time.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Nov 28, 2017 10:57 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:Don't even try and compare Vegeta to Piccolo and Tien in terms of total screen time.
I'm just talking about the current arc's anime version.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:15 am

sintzu wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:Don't even try and compare Vegeta to Piccolo and Tien in terms of total screen time.
Yeah, where he's had substantial screen time and things to do.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Ki Breaker
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Ki Breaker » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:23 am

sintzu wrote:
If only their race were capable of making their Dragonballs themselves, suckers..
The Lord moves in mysterious ways but you don't have to. Please use your blinker

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:28 am

sintzu wrote:
Isn't that what he already is in the anime ? he hasn't done anything since Zamasu's arc (he didn't do much in that one either). The manga is a different story as the current arc started with him fighting Beerus so I'm pretty sure he'll get good screen time in the tournament as well.
Dude he kicked Goku blacks butt even Goku didn't get the chance to do that and so far in the current arc he is the MVP. Yeah he may not have enough screen time but that is to be expected of a side character which he is in this arc. Gohan and freeza are I guess more important currently.

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:30 am

I'm not finding it very plausible that the Namekians from U6 fuse with Piccolo. Others have pointed this out but they would have no reason to give up their individualism unless they felt they had a chance at survival somehow by merging with Piccolo. In actuality, they would just be picking one of two poisons -- either they get erased from existence or lose their sentience as part of a greater being. I could see them maybe doing it if Champa felt he had a chance at survival by using the Namekian fusion to piggyback off U7's roster, which he would arm-twist Saonel and Pirina into doing, naturally. No matter what they lose. It's a question of whether or not they choose to sacrifice themselves in the hope of their universe surviving somehow.

Realistically, we seem to be past the point of anyone sans Vegeta and Freeza being competitive with Goku. Both Piccolo and Tenshinhan have faded into the sphere of mundanity. The Tournament of Power has given them a little bit of a jumpstart, but I would liken it to a fading away "hoorah"; a fleeting gasp of vivacity before they're put away again. You could even say the same of Gohan, though he at least has a better chance of receiving long term growth than either former rival does.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:35 am

mfwlegend3 wrote:
kinisking wrote: This tournament isn't even about how many people eliminate, it's about how many people survive.
As seen with Champa there are two ways of how universes are going along with things. They survive by eliminating or deciding to just have as many people stay on the arena as possible. In that instance with Gohan, they decided to pick apart U7 because most of them were in one location.
Which would be stupid. You're literally attacking them when they're at their strongest instead of picking off stragglers.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:37 am

Kanassa wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Yeah, where he's had substantial screen time and things to do.
I mean, it's not like he has the most eliminations or anything...
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Nov 28, 2017 11:43 am

Lionel wrote:I'm not finding it very plausible that the Namekians from U6 fuse with Piccolo. Others have pointed this out but they would have no reason to give up their individualism unless they felt they had a chance at survival somehow by merging with Piccolo. In actuality, they would just be picking one of two poisons -- either they get erased from existence or lose their sentience as part of a greater being. I could see them maybe doing it if Champa felt he had a chance at survival by using the Namekian fusion to piggyback off U7's roster, which he would arm-twist Saonel and Pirina into doing, naturally. No matter what they lose. It's a question of whether or not they choose to sacrifice themselves in the hope of their universe surviving somehow.

Realistically, we seem to be past the point of anyone sans Vegeta and Freeza being competitive with Goku. Both Piccolo and Tenshinhan have faded into the sphere of mundanity. The Tournament of Power has given them a little bit of a jumpstart, but I would liken it to a fading away "hoorah"; a fleeting gasp of vivacity before they're put away again. You could even say the same of Gohan, though he at least has a better chance of receiving long term growth than either former rival does.
Let's hope that at least this unlimited regenration Saonel and Pirina have is actaully quite good and Piccolo gets it.

Piccolo can have long term growth because of Saonel and Pirina it is just up to Toriyama to use them and not add them to the long list of wasted characters.