"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Helios518 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:27 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:It's a dragonball forum, I have no issue being spoiled by dragonball spoilers.

I sometimes check the second to last page and start bottom and scroll up.

I'd seen a few new pages and saw chat about U6 sadal and a Vegeta arc. I was assuming anything in spoiler tags would be Jump Fiesta related.

If I'd gone on a star wars forum and opened a spoiler fair enough, but there's literally no reason to post that spoiler here.
They posted that spoiler to clear things instead of ambiguously leaving it at "if you checked Star Wars Last Jedi spoilers you will understand" and again. Sure, this isn't not a Star Wars forum but perucho1990 actually was kind enough to put it in spoiler tags and heavily imply that it was a spoiler pertaining Star Wars.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:29 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Michsi wrote:
Kanassa wrote:Then they only have themselves to blame.
Still don't think it's fair.
You stab yourself in the hand, it's going to hurt. Poke the Bear and it will fuck you up. Read a spoiler post when the text right above it says it's spoilers for a thing you don't want to be spoiled, expect to be spoiled. It is completely fair.
As I said, I scrolled bottom to top skimming to see if there had been any news re Jump Fiesta or VJump etc, as I had noticed a few new pages from when I'd last looked.

so I saw the star wars text after opening said spoiler, and again I will say it's a Dragonball Forum.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:31 pm

The reason I brought SW is also because Disney and Toei are just very similar is scary.

Boths main priority is using the old guys to sell merchandise and focus in the new generation.

For SW its Rey, Kylo, Finn

For DBS(for the looks of it), might be Caulifla,Kale and Cabba.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:32 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
Michsi wrote:
You stab yourself in the hand, it's going to hurt. Poke the Bear and it will fuck you up. Read a spoiler post when the text right above it says it's spoilers for a thing you don't want to be spoiled, expect to be spoiled. It is completely fair.
As I said, I scrolled bottom to top skimming to see if there had been any news re Jump Fiesta or VJump etc, as I had noticed a few new pages from when I'd last looked.

so I saw the star wars text after opening said spoiler, and again I will say it's a Dragonball Forum.
And I will again say, you were warned.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:34 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote:...and thats ignoring all the people who want Goku to dump Chichi and hook up with Caulifla :sick:
Why? Don't you think that would be cool? 8)

乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Noah wrote:
Why? Don't you think that would be cool? 8)

Plost twist for the End of Z.
    Last edited by Spider-Man on Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Michsi
    I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:37 pm

Kanassa wrote:
    Michsi wrote:
    Kanassa wrote:Then they only have themselves to blame.
    Because if people aren't always 100% on alert or if they slip up, they deserve what's coming to them, right? God forbid we ask others to be a little considered.

I'm not saying what the original poster did was wrong, but once you have two people already mentioning compulsory opening of spoiler tags, maybe one should reconsider keeping it there. You know, for the sake of amiability.
    If this spoiler was a month old or something, I'd understand. But this barely came out.

And as I mentioned, if you want to reply with a quote to the rest that was written in the post , you will see the spoiler right there.

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:40 pm

Michsi wrote:
    Kanassa wrote:
    Michsi wrote:
    Because if people aren't always 100% on alert or if they slip up, they deserve what's coming to them, right? God forbid we ask others to be a little considered.
    This isn't about being 100% on alert. No one should be considerate of someone not doing the obvious.

Kanassa wrote:
    FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Simere
    Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:44 pm

perucho1990 is a troll who posts fake spoilers all the time. I'm certain he did this in bad faith.

Krillin1994
    Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:57 pm

Michsi wrote:
    Kanassa wrote:
    Michsi wrote:

I'm not saying what the original poster did was wrong, but once you have two people already mentioning compulsory opening of spoiler tags, maybe one should reconsider keeping it there. You know, for the sake of amiability.
    If this spoiler was a month old or something, I'd understand. But this barely came out.

And as I mentioned, if you want to reply with a quote to the rest that was written in the post , you will see the spoiler right there.

I'm glad someone actually agrees with me here with regards to spoiler opening out of habit.

Artorias
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:04 pm

JazzMazz wrote:
    Artorias wrote:
    sintzu wrote:
    Vegeta will fight Jerin in 122 and will most likely lose in 123. 124 and 125 could focus on Gohan and Freeza fighting Toppo and Jerin. 126 and 127 will most likely have Goku fight Jerin while 128 Freeza gets his wish.
    No offense, but I think it's pretty delusional to think Freeza is winning this thing. I would be UTTERLY SHOCKED if that actually happened.
    I don't think its that much of a stetch. Freeza's entire plan is to have Goku beat Jiren, because he realizes that he stands absolutely no chance against him, and then knock off Goku while his exhausted from the confrontation.

That to me, seems like whats probably going to go down, but then again, I could be completely wrong and it turns out completely differently.

EDIT: Also, as for Vegeta challenging Jiren alone, I think he just wants to see exactly where he stands in terms of power in comparison to the very best from all universes. I don't think he believes he thinks he can beat Jiren as he is currently(the episode title suggests his going to give it his all to beat Jiren, so who knows), and I think his line in 112 more indicates he wants to fight Jiren in a 1v1 to see where his at.
    I guess I just differ from everyone else who thinks there's some greater narrative purpose for bringing Freeza back. I genuinely think it was done merely as a "hey wouldn't this be fun" gimmick. I don't think the writers ever intended to actually have Freeza play a major narrative role.
    Last edited by Artorias on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Helios518
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:04 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:
    Michsi wrote:
    Kanassa wrote: You stab yourself in the hand, it's going to hurt. Poke the Bear and it will fuck you up. Read a spoiler post when the text right above it says it's spoilers for a thing you don't want to be spoiled, expect to be spoiled. It is completely fair.

I'm glad someone actually agrees with me here with regards to spoiler opening out of habit.
    IMO sounds more like a bad habit if you're just blindly opening up spoilers while disregarding the rest of the comment.
    Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Krillin1994
    Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:08 pm

Helios518 wrote:
    Krillin1994 wrote:
    Michsi wrote:

IMO sounds more like a bad habit if you're just blindly opening up spoilers while disregarding the rest of the comment.
    sigh. I give up. I'm a complete idiot, I should've totally been expecting to see a spoiler for the star wars film that isn't even out yet.

Maybe I'll go on a star wars forum now and see how Jiren gets beaten.

Artorias
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:10 pm

sintzu wrote:
    Artorias wrote:Here's a novel concept: Give Vegeta his OWN thing for once. I'm getting really tired of him just chasing after Goku, and what's even worse is the fans seem to be completely OK with this.
    Do we have a choice ? The problem with DB is that the people running it at Toei are afraid to take the camera off Goku because they think kids will lose interest in it (they said this in an interview) so him getting his own forms and even villains is something that will most likely never happen, at least not in the anime. Toyotarou did give him Black so I give him major credit for recognizing that Vegeta at this point deserves a main villain for himself and I think that will continue where possible in the future as long as he's writing the manga.
    I'm not much of a Vegeta fan these days, so I can only assume your guys' viewpoints, but I would think that the fans would get sick and tired of him just being the beta piggy back follower of Goku throughout the whole series. Eventually, I would want him to just say "Alright, screw this constant chasing of this clown, I'll chart my own path."
    sintzu wrote:
    What they should've done with Vegeta a long time ago is write him like Sasuke where he goes on his own adventures and fights his own villains.
    I know this is probably an unpopular thing to say here, but I think Vegeta is only really interesting when he's WITH Goku. Otherwise, he just strikes me as bland and played out at this point.
    Last edited by Artorias on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

buutenks
    I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:11 pm

Seems 123 will have some Ui going on. Guess Goku saves Vegeta from Jiren and masters UI? Or does Vegeta get some Ui also?

Kanassa
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:12 pm

Krillin1994 wrote:I should've totally been expecting to see a spoiler for the star wars film that isn't even out yet.
    Well, when you're told before hand that you would see those spoilers in that spoiler box; yes, you should have expected it.

Kanassa wrote:

Artorias
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:15 pm

HeroR wrote:
    Artorias wrote: Oh no, I don't have a problem with Vegeta getting close to Goku in power. I'm just sick of the tired old process, where Goku gets a form, then Vegeta just gets the same form right after. I want to see him do what Gohan did, where he went his own route using a different sort of power. Like I said in my post, have Vegeta discover some clever way to amplify his power beyond simply changing his hair color to match Goku's.
    But with UI, Vegeta trained for it just like Goku. So in this case, it really doesn't make much sense for Vegeta to go his own way.
    I suppose you're right. This is the ONE time where it at least feels narratively justified. I dearly hope this is the last time, though.

Michsi
    I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:25 pm

Helios518 wrote:
    It is a bad habit, but one that people can have. This wasn't about blaming anyone, but about pointing out something that happens/could happen, and since SW is such a big deal for so many, I thought some consideration might be warranted.

Anyway, we've left that post way behind, don't think there's anyone that would make that mistake again now.

perucho1990
    I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:59 pm

https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/940722541412343808

Idk why but some are assuming Freeza will win the ToP due to this interview Herms translated.

Big Chief
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Big Chief » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:06 pm

perucho1990 wrote:https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/940722541412343808

Idk why but some are assuming Freeza will win the ToP due to this interview Herms translated.
    They are definitely reading too much into that.
    Some know me as GigglesMcFiggles.