"Dragon Ball Super" Series Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:01 pm

HeroR wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:If sales are an indicator of quality, then Call of Duty is the best video game of all time.

Using sales to indicate that something is good is one of the biggest ad populum fallacies out there. People continue to watch because of it's name recognition. If this were any other anime I'm sure it wouldn't be getting as high of praise from fans, it's like Fallout 4 in how people were defending it because it's fallout when in reality it was a mediocre game that got inflated by fanboys.

At this point the only two good arcs in this show were U6 and Goku Black and even those had glaring flaws, the TOP regardless of whether you're taking issue of Goku getting the main focus once again has become incredibly rushed towards the end despite dragging on and on (the explanations of how its happening makes no sense, nobody cares about Jiren, all the hype put into other parts of the tournament meant nothing in the end), and if the show ends like this I can guarantee its legacy will be tarnished no matter the high points it had, and it sucks because people will indeed still buy it up just like how they keep buying CoD.
Except no one is arguing quality equal sells and Call of Duty isn't even the best example since those games are highly rated with the lowest game getting in the 80s. And for the for the record, Z's legacy wasn't ruined by what many considered a rushed and lackluster ending, so this argument really doesn't have much of a basic.

The rest is your opinion especially the 'no one cares about Jiren'. Given how many people are hyped for Jiren in Xenoverse 2, someone cares for him.
I'm just pointing something about sales, and despite the ratings going down CoD still sells extremely high particularly on consoles. Sure, people still loved Z but Z was more consistent in quality than super has been, and since Super's arcs have ranged from awful to somewhat good whereas Z ranged from decent to amazing, I'm sure that will factor into it.

Well that's just it, this is all opinion. Jiren is the most bland antagonist dbz has ever had, sure some care but those are just the people who eat anything super throws at them as gold.

Guesswhoo
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 64
Joined: Wed Feb 15, 2017 5:34 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Guesswhoo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:05 pm

Neon Z wrote:
ArchedThunder wrote:
Neon Z wrote: But what if these sales are kept during the build up to the movie? If the movie can sustain the hype by itself, they easily could just focus on further movies, rather than attempting another tv show. We don't know how much of Dragonball's money goes back to Tv Fuji, and that's the issue with these theories about another show being planned secretly in spite of the official statements.
They won't keep up, movies result in short bursts of cash flow, a TV show is a weekly advertisement.
And your last comment makes no sense, no official statement has said they aren't planning a new show, all they said nothing is set in stone yet.
They aren't going to just announce that another series is planned when the current one isn't even done yet and they are about to start the hype train for the new movie.
Both when asked about a sequel or Super returning they've said that it's still undecided. And I'm not sure they'd gain anything from hiding that. Series like Gundam and Kamen Rider carry on with multiple announced projects all at once.

I'm no professional when it comes to marketing but wouldn't announcing a new serie (even if they already planned it) be kind of a "Hype killer" ? Because DBS is still creating a wave, especially with the new form coming up, and announcing a new TV show this early will ABSOLUTELY DESTROY any kind of interest for the upcoming movie ( a "world-building" one talking about past event that may, at best, give some subtle reference).

User avatar
Totamo
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1835
Joined: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:24 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:07 pm

HeroR wrote:
Kinokima wrote:
Doctor. wrote: Again, I'm arguing against the idea that sales are the be-all and end-all of any discussion.
The only reason sales were brought up was to show that people enjoyed the show enough to buy it. Nothing to do with the quality of the series. Which yes sales have nothing to do with.
I think the retellings doing well is interesting. I mean, people can easily buy the movies for far cheaper, but they pony up for the Super retellings which has far inferior animation.
The BoG arc was at worst mediocre and at best entertaining. But it is still watchable and I would never tell anyone to skip it.

Rof........yeah, that was garbage to when freeza showed up to when he killed vegeta. I would never in good heart recommend anyone to watch that.


126 through 128 have also pretty bad but I'm confident they can savage all that nonsense with the final fight. If they fail, Super has no chance at being remembered even remotely fondly because GT had the universal spirt bomb. Ball has Goku winning the tournament. And Z has the planetary spirit bomb.


Super has 2 episodes to top that.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:07 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
I'm just pointing something about sales, and despite the ratings going down CoD still sells extremely high particularly on consoles. Sure, people still loved Z but Z was more consistent in quality than super has been, and since Super's arcs have ranged from awful to somewhat good whereas Z ranged from decent to amazing, I'm sure that will factor into it.

Well that's just it, this is all opinion. Jiren is the most bland antagonist dbz has ever had, sure some care but those are just the people who eat anything super throws at them as gold.
So? It still got extremely high ratings. In fact, it's one of the most constantly high rated video games franchise in history.

And the "Z was more consistent in quality than Super has been" is highly subjective, especially the later half of Z since I personally don't rate the Android/Cell Saga that high and prefer all of Super to it, but that really isn't the point. You're taking an opinion and implying it as a fact.

You mean 'Dragon Ball' since Super isn't Z. And to be honest, it comes off as you being an elite to say that people only like Jiren because 'people eat what Super throws them'. I can say people only like Cell because people eat of Z's shit despite him being a boring villain. Or, 'people only like Buu despite him being a stupid villain because people eats what Z gives them'.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:10 pm

HeroR wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
I'm just pointing something about sales, and despite the ratings going down CoD still sells extremely high particularly on consoles. Sure, people still loved Z but Z was more consistent in quality than super has been, and since Super's arcs have ranged from awful to somewhat good whereas Z ranged from decent to amazing, I'm sure that will factor into it.

Well that's just it, this is all opinion. Jiren is the most bland antagonist dbz has ever had, sure some care but those are just the people who eat anything super throws at them as gold.
So? It still got extremely high ratings. In fact, it's one of the most constantly high rated video games franchise in history.

And the "Z was more consistent in quality than Super has been" is highly subjective, especially the later half of Z since I personally don't rate the Android/Cell Saga that high and prefer all of Super to it, but that really isn't the point. You're taking an opinion and implying it as a fact.

You mean 'Dragon Ball' since Super isn't Z. And to be honest, it comes off as you being an elite to say that people only like Jiren because 'people eat what Super throws them'. I can say people only like Cell because people eat of Z's shit despite him being a boring villain. Or, 'people only like Buu despite him being a stupid villain because people eats what Z gives them'.
Ad populum and ad hominem, I love it. You just contradicted yourself in that first statement given what you posted previously, you missed my point entirely.

You say that now, but GT is also dragon ball, so why isn't that held in high regard? Because it wasn't of good quality consistently, and that's exactly what super is. Once the hype dies down, this show will be remembered just the same
Last edited by Diccolo-420 on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:11 pm

Totamo wrote: The BoG arc was at worst mediocre and at best entertaining. But it is still watchable and I would never tell anyone to skip it.

Rof........yeah, that was garbage to when freeza showed up to when he killed vegeta. I would never in good heart recommend anyone to watch that.


126 through 128 have also pretty bad but I'm confident they can savage all that nonsense with the final fight. If they fail, Super has no chance at being remembered even remotely fondly because GT had the universal spirt bomb. Ball has Goku winning the tournament. And Z has the planetary spirit bomb.


Super has 2 episodes to top that.
What is every time someone talks about sell, someone has to bring up quality? Especially one the boxset for Resurrection 'F' sold well too?

Also, 126 through 128 is only really considered bad here. I have been places that considered 126 one of the best episodes in the franchise and people adore 128 for Vegeta's final stand. So why do people keep saying these episodes are bad like it's a fact that everyone universal agrees with?

The rest is just your guesswork about what people will or will not remember fondly.
Diccolo-420 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
I'm just pointing something about sales, and despite the ratings going down CoD still sells extremely high particularly on consoles. Sure, people still loved Z but Z was more consistent in quality than super has been, and since Super's arcs have ranged from awful to somewhat good whereas Z ranged from decent to amazing, I'm sure that will factor into it.

Well that's just it, this is all opinion. Jiren is the most bland antagonist dbz has ever had, sure some care but those are just the people who eat anything super throws at them as gold.
So? It still got extremely high ratings. In fact, it's one of the most constantly high rated video games franchise in history.

And the "Z was more consistent in quality than Super has been" is highly subjective, especially the later half of Z since I personally don't rate the Android/Cell Saga that high and prefer all of Super to it, but that really isn't the point. You're taking an opinion and implying it as a fact.

You mean 'Dragon Ball' since Super isn't Z. And to be honest, it comes off as you being an elite to say that people only like Jiren because 'people eat what Super throws them'. I can say people only like Cell because people eat of Z's shit despite him being a boring villain. Or, 'people only like Buu despite him being a stupid villain because people eats what Z gives them'.
Ad populum and ad hominem, I love it. You just contradicted yourself in that first statement given what you posted previously, you missed my point entirely.

You say that now, but GT is also dragon ball, so why isn't that held in high regard?

How did I contradicted myself, especially since I never once talked about the quality of GT. I said that GT is general didn't do well in the US despite it having Dragon Ball's name on it. I never used the original Dragon Ball, which is considered the highlight of the series, to show that having Dragon Ball's name doesn't automatically sell since it never became more than a cult classic here.

Also in general, Super had done better than GT both critical and sell- wise. Of course, which one you think is better is another matter, but to say 'people only likes something because they eat anything Super gives them' is purposely being dismissive which is my point. Instead of trying to understand why these fans like Jiren, you just say they just like anything Super gives them.

And Call of Duty is still not a good example since critically, game mechanic, and popularity-wise they considered good-to-great games. The worst thing said about Call of Duty as a series is how stall it has become since it's a yearly series.
Last edited by HeroR on Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:13 pm

HeroR wrote:
Totamo wrote: The BoG arc was at worst mediocre and at best entertaining. But it is still watchable and I would never tell anyone to skip it.

Rof........yeah, that was garbage to when freeza showed up to when he killed vegeta. I would never in good heart recommend anyone to watch that.


126 through 128 have also pretty bad but I'm confident they can savage all that nonsense with the final fight. If they fail, Super has no chance at being remembered even remotely fondly because GT had the universal spirt bomb. Ball has Goku winning the tournament. And Z has the planetary spirit bomb.


Super has 2 episodes to top that.
What is every time someone talks about sell, someone has to bring up quality? Especially one the boxset for Resurrection 'F' sold well too?

Also, 126 through 128 is only really considered bad here. I have been places that considered 126 one of the best episodes in the franchise and people adore 128 for Vegeta's final stand. So why do people keep saying these episodes are bad like it's a fact that everyone universal agrees with?

The rest is just your guesswork about what people will or will not remember fondly.
They're saying it because it's their opinion, just like you in saying how you think super is good. Don't play a double standard here.

Sure some people think it's good, but you can't say that it's only here people are shitting on it, go through youtube, reddit, or any other major community and there is plenty of criticism for those episodes.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:20 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
They're saying it because it's their opinion, just like you in saying how you think super is good. Don't play a double standard here.

Sure some people think it's good, but you can't say that it's only here people are shitting on it, go through youtube, reddit, or any other major community and there is plenty of criticism for those episodes.
My problem isn't one's opinion, but people pushing opinion as a fact and then saying that people only likes something because 'they enjoy anything Super gives them'. That isn't an argument, that's being dismissive. I also didn't say 'only here', I said that I have been other places that have been far more positive about the last few episodes than here with some calling it some of the best, which I don't personally agree with but whatever. In fact, Kanzenshuu as a whole is the most negative place I have seen for Dragon Ball as a whole, not just Super.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 774
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 pm

Torturephile wrote:
jeffbr92 wrote:
Torturephile wrote: That alone looks better than the last few episodes we've had.
I'm the only who finds kinda dull that Goku compares Jiren to Z villains? Come on, he could compare him with Beerus, Freeza and/or Zamasu.
No, you're not the only one. It makes no sense to me outside of Freeza since he came back for revenge and got stronger.
Doesn't matter anime and manga already confirmed he is stronger then GoD tier so do not fear.

User avatar
Diccolo-420
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:34 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Diccolo-420 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:23 pm

HeroR wrote:How did I contradicted myself, especially since I never once talked about the quality of GT. I said that GT is general didn't do well in the US despite it having Dragon Ball's name on it. I never used the original Dragon Ball, which is considered the highlight of the series, to show that having Dragon Ball's name doesn't automatically sell since it never became more than a cult classic here.

Also in general, Super had done better than GT both critical and sell- wise. Of course, which one you think is better is another matter, but to say 'people only likes something because they eat anything Super gives them' is purposely being dismissive which is my point. Instead of trying to understand why these fans like Jiren, you just say they just like anything Super gives them.
You were talking about CoD's ratings, which amongst its hardcore fanboys were high but overall has been poor, just look at the steam ratings for the past 3 or 4. You're using your situation to determine the reason for watching super for everyone else, but still you dont have to watch the original dragon ball to fall into this category as most simply watched Z and associate themselves with it.

I know this is true, but the statistics would be nice on that, but yes super is better than GT but not by much, and since it's been years since anything new with dragon ball has come out of course it's done better simply because of the time between Z and Super, whereas GT came out almost instantly after. Super also sells better because toriyama is behind the writing, again name recognition.

Some fans may like jiren, but it's pretty clear that ever since his pathetic backstory came out the hype has died down. He's become a generic anime antagonist at best, at worst he has no personality and nothing that makes him interesting other than his strength. You're arguing for ad ignorantiam here without using elements from the show to prove your point. And yes a lot of people do lap up anything super throws at them because it's dragon ball.
My problem isn't one's opinion, but people pushing opinion as a fact and then saying that people only likes something because 'they enjoy anything Super gives them'. That isn't an argument, that's being dismissive. I also didn't say 'only here', I said that I have been other places that have been far more positive about the last few episodes than here with some calling it some of the best, which I don't personally agree with but whatever. In fact, Kanzenshuu as a whole is the most negative place I have seen for Dragon Ball as a whole, not just Super.
You're guilty of the exact same thing, and yes it is dismissive but it's a supplement to the argument, not the argument itself. Kanzenshuu is definitely critical, but there are places that are pretty close to being critical of super, and sure they are critical of the series as a whole but they do it because they care about the franchise.

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1326
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:27 pm

HeroR wrote:
Diccolo-420 wrote:
They're saying it because it's their opinion, just like you in saying how you think super is good. Don't play a double standard here.

Sure some people think it's good, but you can't say that it's only here people are shitting on it, go through youtube, reddit, or any other major community and there is plenty of criticism for those episodes.
My problem isn't one's opinion, but people pushing opinion as a fact and then saying that people only likes something because 'they enjoy anything Super gives them'. That isn't an argument, that's being dismissive. I also didn't say 'only here', I said that I have been other places that have been far more positive about the last few episodes than here with some calling it some of the best, which I don't personally agree with but whatever. In fact, Kanzenshuu as a whole is the most negative place I have seen for Dragon Ball as a whole, not just Super.
Yes exactly people act like this board is the be end all of opinions about Super. Except if you go off this board the general consensus for episodes 126-128 were actually extremely positive.

This board is only one corner of the DB fandom not necessarily representative of the fandom as a whole.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:32 pm

Neon Z wrote:
Both when asked about a sequel or Super returning they've said that it's still undecided. And I'm not sure they'd gain anything from hiding that. Series like Gundam and Kamen Rider carry on with multiple announced projects all at once.
Undecided, as in not set in stone, they are not able to talk about it. This is normal practice, they aren't going to announce their plans like this, they will announce them on their own terms, probably around the launch of the new movie to emulate the hype from Super's announcement.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:36 pm

Diccolo-420 wrote:
You were talking about CoD's ratings, which amongst its hardcore fanboys were high but overall has been poor, just look at the steam ratings for the past 3 or 4. You're using your situation to determine the reason for watching super for everyone else, but still you dont have to watch the original dragon ball to fall into this category as most simply watched Z and associate themselves with it.

I know this is true, but the statistics would be nice on that, but yes super is better than GT but not by much, and since it's been years since anything new with dragon ball has come out of course it's done better simply because of the time between Z and Super, whereas GT came out almost instantly after. Super also sells better because toriyama is behind the writing, again name recognition.

Some fans may like jiren, but it's pretty clear that ever since his pathetic backstory came out the hype has died down. He's become a generic anime antagonist at best, at worst he has no personality and nothing that makes him interesting other than his strength. You're arguing for ad ignorantiam here without using elements from the show to prove your point. And yes a lot of people do lap up anything super throws at them because it's dragon ball.
My problem isn't one's opinion, but people pushing opinion as a fact and then saying that people only likes something because 'they enjoy anything Super gives them'. That isn't an argument, that's being dismissive. I also didn't say 'only here', I said that I have been other places that have been far more positive about the last few episodes than here with some calling it some of the best, which I don't personally agree with but whatever. In fact, Kanzenshuu as a whole is the most negative place I have seen for Dragon Ball as a whole, not just Super.
You're guilty of the exact same thing, and yes it is dismissive but it's a supplement to their argument, not the argument itself. Kanzenshuu is definitely critical, but there are places that are pretty close to being critical of super, and sure they are critical of the series as a whole but they do it because they care about the franchise.

Here's the thing, stuff like games have far more objective parts than a TV show. For example, we have gameplay, do the game works, is the net codes good, ect. Call of Duty fills are these marks, so objectively they're not bad games. So you have to go to game score to get an idea how the general feels about it, otherwise 'Call of Duty is terrible, but people keep buying it' comes off as awkward. Like, what is objectify bad about Call of Duty? The story, the linear levels, the samey game play? Give me something other than 'look at Call of Duty' since that doesn't tell me anything other than look at MC and looked at the overall reviews it got. And MC has a bit more weight than someone's random opinion ion a forum since I can look at the reviewers history and see if I agree with their points in the past.

'Not by much' by who's standards? Also, time really doesn't have anything to do with it since people say Battle of Gods is the best thing about Dragon Ball and it came out recently. Yet, people are willing to buy 'mediocre' retellings when they could buy the 'superior' movie for less than half the price. Why that is, I don't pretend to know, but again it's dismissive to say 'well, these people don't know better or because Super is new and shining'. I mean, new and shining rarely carries anything for more than a couple of months and Super had been in the US for over a year now.

I am not using elements for the show because to be blunt, they don't matter here. I can go on about why I think Super is superior to Z to me, but that's my opinion which most don't care for. The most you can do is simply looked at the general opinion and come up with an idea of how the 'fandom' viewed a produced.

When have I been dismissive. Did I say you were wrong to have those opinions about Super? Did I saw you only like Z because you grew up with it or something?

Anyone who calls themselves a fan cares about the franchise to one extent or another, so this isn't just limited to 'being critical'. You can be critical of something and still loved it. Also, using 'well we're critical' is often used a smokescreen for being negative for the sake of it, or just venting when something happened within a series that someone don't like.

And for the record, even the places who have been more positive about Super are also critical of its faults. It isn't all kissing Super's ass or something.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

superfan2024
Regular
Posts: 654
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:57 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by superfan2024 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:54 pm

Snippets for the Future Trunks and Tournament of Power soundtracks have been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1cokp8WQfo&feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyHJIOvMMH8

They sound amazing!!!!!! There are even some never before heard Future Trunks soundtracks that have never been used in the show for some reason :p

Remember, the soundtrack(s) officially release on February 28th, which is in only a couple of days!

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:59 pm

superfan2024 wrote:Snippets for the Future Trunks and Tournament of Power soundtracks have been released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1cokp8WQfo&feature
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyHJIOvMMH8

They sound amazing!!!!!! There are even some never before heard Future Trunks soundtracks that have never been used in the show for some reason :p

Remember, the soundtrack(s) officially release on February 28th, which is in only a couple of days!
It's good to have official names for these tracks, finally.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:33 pm

The only way Dragonball can continue with a new series is the obvious jump to EOZ with the next generation of heroes.

Trunks, Goten, Pan, Uub, (and maybe Bra/Marron), can be the new main fighters with Gohan as their leader/mentor. Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat. It will be up to the next generation to defend the Earth and the original heroes will be retired to the bahamas.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6070
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:36 pm

precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5470
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.
He was still not doing much for most of it until the end.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.
Okay, this is honestly the funnies thing I read all week. Saving this quote.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7825
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super" Official Announcement & Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:39 pm

precita wrote:
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.
He was still not doing much for most of it until the end.
You mean causing the entire plot because he didn't go Super Saiyan 3 and knockout Vegeta? Also, the whole thing with Goku coming back was the entire last third of the Buu Saga, not just the end.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Post Reply