What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

swimtrunks
Not-So-Newbie

Re: What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by swimtrunks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:00 pm

Super human God Super human...
Super Namekian God Super Namekian...
Female fighters... Both good & evil.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:08 pm

More space adventures, advanced tiny oxygen mouth caps/masks space travel. eventhough the human Z Warriors don't need it, upgraded capsule corps tech.

Truhan
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Truhan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:18 pm

I also want Mystic Truhan to be a character. Future Trunks' potara fusion with Gohan creates Truhan, who goes on to unlock his potential.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:55 pm

-Good Animation
-Good Soundtrack
-Female Supersaiyan be it Pan or Bra
-Goku char development
-More Gohan/Piccolo/Master Roshi/Krillin/Whis/Beerus
-Tackle other universe

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:00 pm

No more transformations, forms or power-ups of ANY kind to Goku and Vegeta.
The universes and Gods of Destruction.
Older characters becoming relevant again.

Zephyr
I Live Here

Post by Zephyr » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:19 pm

Hitiro wrote:This feels like it would be going down the route of some Dragonball AF fan fiction.
The original Dragon Ball ended so long ago, pretty much anything and everything that one could possibly come up with in regard to a continuation of the story has likely been made into some sort of fanfiction. It feels to me like anything that gets done nowadays will be called "fanfiction-y" by someone. Which is why it's such a nonsensical, hollow, meaningless label to attempt to slight the new material with. It comes off like "I don't know how to actually articulate why I don't like this new material, so I'm just gonna call it fanfiction".

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:10 pm

Zephyr wrote:
Hitiro wrote:This feels like it would be going down the route of some Dragonball AF fan fiction.
The original Dragon Ball ended so long ago, pretty much anything and everything that one could possibly come up with in regard to a continuation of the story has likely been made into some sort of fanfiction. It feels to me like anything that gets done nowadays will be called "fanfiction-y" by someone. Which is why it's such a nonsensical, hollow, meaningless label to attempt to slight the new material with. It comes off like "I don't know how to actually articulate why I don't like this new material, so I'm just gonna call it fanfiction".
Take a bow, Zephyr. Take a bow. You summed it up perfectly. The whole concept of "fan fiction" has been around for decades. And given that Dragon Ball went 15+ years without any new material, and given how large the fanbase, it only natural that many different kinds of scenarios, i.e. long lost relatives, insane power ups, radical new transformations etc., were conceived over the years.

Tectorman
Regular

Post by Tectorman » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:36 pm

I forgot one:

- Negima owes a lot to DBZ, but sometimes I think it took DBZ further. It wasn't just generally getting stronger, but also what special abilities you had and how intelligently you used them. You see some of that in DBZ (Cell can regenerate, Frieza can't sense ki, Goku can teleport), but a large part of it boiled down to "my PL is higher than yours". We still have new techniques being introduced (Whis's speed of presence thing), but I'd like to see more.
Twilight: My library?! My library!! Do you have any idea how many books I had in there?!
Lord Tirek: How many, little princess?
Twilight: Over NINE THOUSAND!!!

One_Instance
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by One_Instance » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:11 pm

I've already said a lot on similar threads, so I'll just add something new to my wish list. I'd like to see a few filler-esque episodes, but they need to be done right. Filler is just as entertaining as the story at times, the performance of the crew just has to be good.

GokuRules987
Banned

Post by GokuRules987 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:48 pm

GOHAN AND VIDEL WEDDING
My Intelligence level is over 9000!!!

Bacon Skittles
Beyond Newbie

Post by Bacon Skittles » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:58 pm

A few others for me:

Some backstory into the history of the Saiyans and clarification. They seem to have come from another planet then landed on Plant. Maybe there's a whole planet full of Saiyans as strong as Gohan. I'd also like to see Future Trunks come back. Maybe Trunks and Future Trunks can be the same age and meet up with each other. What if they fused?

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:11 pm

-Uub and Pan as Main characters
-Piccolo being put on the same level as Goku and Vegeta
-More Beerus and Whis
--With the above in mind, the main cast should be Goku, Vegeta, Uub, Pan, Beerus, Piccolo, and Whis as a mentor.
-Good production values
-Some more info on the other gods
-Any new gods that show up should have a good personality like Beerus does
-Official confirmation that the different universes are not different timelines
- No new Super Saiyan forms, but jokes about them (Example, someone being mistaken for SSGSS3 because they have really long hair)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:01 pm

What i wish for the new series (and I dream high):

- Takes place after EOZ and it's about the 12 universes and Gods.
- Gods must be interesting characters and have unique powers, like Whis time travel.
- Pan gets Mansenko and SSJ. Uub gets kaioken, instant transmission and kinton. Both get kamehameha.
- Piccolo gets on pair with Goku and Vegeta, thanks to a God related to the Namekian race. Gohan back to the game would be cool too.
- No more new colors for SSJ.
- Beerus and Whis.
- Others characters being relevant besides Goku and Vegeta. Even though some are already old/retired, they can have some screentime and cool scenes.
- Great animation.
- Great soudtracks. Some Kikuchi re-orchestrated soundtracks.
- Kageyama to come back and sing the opening.
- No censorship.

I think that's it. Oh God, I love dreams.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Wed Apr 29, 2015 8:14 pm

- No more Saiyan Transformations
- No CGI
- Post EoZ time frame. No more Post-Buu era.
- New Techniques for Piccolo
- New God Level Tournament Dimension
- Super Namek God Super Namek / Super Human God Super Humans / Super Majin God Super Majins
- The new forms being called "Super Saiyan God S.S." when refered by characters. (As done in Zenkai)
- Majuub Retcon.
- Pan & Uub Sparring Scenes
- Adult Goten & Trunks
- Gine Appear in a Flash Back
- Beerus Fight Against God Villain.
- Demon Kaioshin's Introduced (Not like Demigra).
- Non Saiyan Alien Character like Pikkon Join the Z Fighters.
- Krillin's police work & retirement
- Return to ROST or similar training room.
- More Martial Arts & Non-Projectile Techniques.
- New Master Characters.
Zephyr wrote:
I completely disagree. Something that would be labelled "fanficky" would only be prejuded by the level of creativity put into something new and not treatment as a personal what-if bias. if something treads over whats been done before just to give a character that never had relevance before, new appropriated relevance isn't what I'd call expanding. Its why FnF got so muc flack for being a rehash premace with no sort of originality whatsoever used within it reduced down to just recolours. The farfetched hypathetical scenarios coupled by overexaggerated power-scallings or asspull endings make it hard for some people to connect new material to prior stories with more levelled out plotlines.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

KentalSSJ6
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by KentalSSJ6 » Wed Apr 29, 2015 9:29 pm

Rocketman wrote:Something good.
Godku, Piss Freeza and Bluper Saiyan. We're already there.
You know, ever since I joined this forum, I have seen you get more and more bitter and immature about this franchise as time went on. Just WHAT compels you to act like a child over this new content? You dont like the new stuff, everyone and their mother knows already so why do you pretend to be a broken record and spout it again and again...and again? You dont come off as funny or clever, you come off as incessant and annoying and everyone is sick and tired of it.

It baffles me really, because I've heard from some people that you can be a cool guy in pms yet you put on this act on the forum? Why? In what way does it serve a meaningful and sensible purpose? If all you do these days is shit on the franchise, why the hell are you still here? Your seniority on the forum does not excuse you from acting this way so just knock it off already or take your own advice and leave.
Deviantart (NSFW) - http://yamato012.deviantart.com/
DBSW Group Page - http://dbsw.deviantart.com/
Still the 1k Sniper - [spoiler]http://orig10.deviantart.net/6a02/f/201 ... 8npe7r.png[/spoiler]

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:18 pm

GokuRules987 wrote:GOHAN AND VIDEL WEDDING
This is too good to be true :D
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).
He almost got Videl killed in Battle of Gods tho.

vegitot
Beyond Newbie

Post by vegitot » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:24 pm

Revival of C

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:31 pm

vegitot wrote:Revival of C
Cooler, Cell, Captain Ginyu? :D
Marco Polo wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Cool to see Gohan have a kill for once. He hasn't killed someone since Cell (or Broli if you want to count in General).

fps_anth
Advanced Regular

Post by fps_anth » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:32 pm

Not afraid to say it: a new Super Saiyan form with a crazy, awesome new design. The childhood dream.

SSG and SSGSS don't qualify for the bolded :p

Beyond that, keeping things somewhat realistic, I hope they bring back Kikuchi for the score, Kageyama does the opening theme and some insert songs, and they don't dog it when it comes to animation.

Unfortunately, I'm anticipating a lot of that patented, "quality" animation Toei has become known for nowadays...

Mystic Tien
Regular

Post by Mystic Tien » Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:40 pm

fps_anth wrote:Not afraid to say it: a new Super Saiyan form with a crazy, awesome new design. The childhood dream.

SSG and SSGSS don't qualify for the bolded :p

Beyond that, keeping things somewhat realistic, I hope they bring back Kikuchi for the score, Kageyama does the opening theme and some insert songs, and they don't dog it when it comes to animation.

Unfortunately, I'm anticipating a lot of that patented, "quality" animation Toei has become known for nowadays...

This is Luffy? :o :o Please, don't tell me that this is :shock:
Marco Polo wrote: