What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: What do you hope to see in Dragon Ball Super?

Post by ZombieVito » Sat May 30, 2015 9:57 pm

sintzu wrote:
Basaku wrote:Pan, Bra, Goten, Marron, Uub & Trunks (to a lesser degree because of Future Trunks) can literally go anywhere character & developement-wise.
How do you get them up to Goku&Vegeta's level ?

Marron is a human so she's in the same boat as the rest of them.
Pan&Bra are 4-5 years old.
Goten&Trunks don't train.
Piccolo doesn't train or can't get any stronger.
Gohan is...

There's potential with Uub and I guess Piccolo could get stronger by fusing with other Namakians or having a similar ritual to the Ssjg.
When was this stated?

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat May 30, 2015 11:19 pm

I like Whis' personality and design, but his insane power is absolutely retarded, and I'm starting to think this character needs to be eliminated.

I'd like to see him become the main villain in a major twist, a villain related to and stronger than him, or for him to be imprisoned. Otherwise, what's the point?
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Flame Dragon
Regular

Post by Flame Dragon » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:35 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:I like Whis' personality and design, but his insane power is absolutely retarded, and I'm starting to think this character needs to be eliminated.

I'd like to see him become the main villain in a major twist, a villain related to and stronger than him, or for him to be imprisoned. Otherwise, what's the point?
You mean Whis pulls an Aizen? Lol

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 01, 2015 12:47 pm

Zombie wrote: Piccolo doesn't train or can't get any stronger.
When was this stated?
He couldn't fight Buu.
He couldn't fight Beerus.
He had trouble with 1 of Freeza's henchmen.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Jun 01, 2015 4:05 pm

sintzu wrote:
Zombie wrote: Piccolo doesn't train or can't get any stronger.
When was this stated?
He couldn't fight Buu.
He couldn't fight Beerus.
He had trouble with 1 of Freeza's henchmen.
The same Buu that killed Dabura, made Vegeta kill himself and Goku needed SSJ3 to beat?
The same Beerus that Goku needed to become a freaking god to fight somewhat evenly for a short time?
The same Shisami that Gohan needed SSJ to beat?

How is any of these indicative of Piccolo getting weaker or not training? Especially when AT said he always trains.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:54 am

Piccolo is still doing training, but he can't get massively stronger anymore. Unless he finds a new way to get stronger in Super.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:01 am

Piccolo has, like many other characters in the series, reached his limit. Only way he can get stronger now is by breaking his limit by achieving some kind of transformation or power-up, like Goku has done multiple times before.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:59 am

Yeah, ROF has pretty much confirmed that Piccolo has hit a glass ceiling and that he needs a new transformation that break through that.

shinmaru
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shinmaru » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:31 pm

I hope Sumitomo didn't show his full potential and kept the best for Super, and I hope Sumitomo reuses and remixes some of Kikuchi tracks like he did with one track in BOG. I hope we get many specials and movies along the ride, and new cameos would be nice too.
What I like to see too is a whole different world with mind-blowing backgrounds and spectacular fights. Maybe will see that in one of the 12 Universes.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:00 pm

Flame Dragon wrote:
fadeddreams5 wrote:I like Whis' personality and design, but his insane power is absolutely retarded, and I'm starting to think this character needs to be eliminated.

You mean Whis pulls an Aizen? Lol
Exactly. And kills Beerus while he's at it. Just make fans' jaws drop.

"DBZ lost its edge they said..." - Toriyama
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:25 pm

"A Dragon Ball character is too powerful, you say? Don't worry, we'll give Goku and Vegeta some new transformations and have them fuse, that should sort things out." - Toei

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Tue Jun 02, 2015 11:41 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:

"A Dragon Ball character is too powerful, you say? Don't worry, we'll give Goku and Vegeta some new transformations and have them fuse, that should sort things out." - Toei
"Naaaaaaaw, Toei, we have an actual power ceiling for once! Let us enjoy some modicum of order in our Dragon Ball for once! I mean, it's not like you're going to blow the cash to let new forms do anything the older forms could already do!"- Open letter to Dragon Ball circa 1993
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 4:23 pm

I won't mind if Goku meets Pilaf again. I can already imagine Goku will be like "Hey I remember you when I was a kid. You always try to take over the world and failed. Weren't you much older?".
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

samuraix123
I Live Here

Post by samuraix123 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:24 pm

I know this might be like GT a bit by saying this, but how about we start off just like GT kiiiiiiiiiiiiinda and have Goku and Uub fighting it out? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaIzSyX3oyQ
The Dragonboxes are like a middle aged woman who still looks good through simply taking good care of her skin and body with maybe a tiny bit of makeup while the Orange Bricks are like a middle aged woman who get's 50 tons of botox, makeup and plastic surgery in order to look younger and as a result looks even worse. ~ ringworm128
Still recording Toonami broadcasts on VHS after all these years!
#1 Paikuhan fan!

Eire
Advanced Regular

Post by Eire » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:49 pm

It occurred to me that my only wish is seeing Bulla embracing her heritage without turning into tomboy. I would gladly see her casually flying, using super strength or eating extravagant amounts of food without worrying about getting fat, yet liking shopping, cosmetics, spas and hairdresser. It would send a positive message for girls and could be a base for many gags. I image her making her male admirer carrying her bags, stopping to help get someone from crashed car by ripping it by her bare hands then complain that she scathed her manicure again. Or having a princess phase and making Vegeta reveal some facts about his mother.
Per aspera ad astra, man!

Women belong in the kitchen.
Men belong in the kitchen.
Everyone belongs in the kitchen, the kitchen has food

BlazingFiddlesticks
I Live Here

Post by BlazingFiddlesticks » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:30 pm

I had not even considered what you could do with Bra. That would be quite a bait-and-switch!
JulieYBM wrote:
Pannaliciour wrote:Reading all the comments and interviews, my conclusion is: nobody knows what the hell is going on.
Just like Dragon Ball since Chapter #4.
son veku wrote:
Metalwario64 wrote:
BlazingFiddlesticks wrote:Kingdom Piccolo
Where is that located?
Canada

dougo13
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dougo13 » Thu Jun 04, 2015 6:20 pm

Evil Goku from another dimension/universe. Maybe there, Vegita was the good guy and got all the honors. Tough call on this series though as they have tried just about everything to keep it going.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:52 pm

my list
-I want lots and lots of Jaco the super elite.
-I'd like to see Gohan at work and what he does there
-have Piccolo get an upgrade in power
-Yamcha do a Kaio-ken x10 Wolf Fang Fist
-I'd like to see some good attention given to Goten/Trunks
-less Dragonball wish spamming
-Power pole gets a reappearance
-Goku wears his GT/Path to power gi some time in the story (personally my favorite outfit Goku ever wore)
-Android 18 does something other than be sidelined
-Android 18 gets a real name. (kind of silly they still call her a number)
-Android 17 actually has appears and does something with the Z warriors.
-Krillin stays bald
-Pan loves super heroes so Gohan puts on a great saiyaman play for her.
-Trunks gets a sword
-If Gohan fights again he better wear Piccolo's gi instead of Goku's.
-Gohan can use his mystic form and he has to train to get it back (never liked how he got mystic form, in all honesty he can lose it forever)
---
side thing:
-If there's a flash back of kid goku (assuming this scene is more than a couple seconds/minutes long) I hope they get Nadolny back to voice him.
-no faulconer music.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:55 pm

Ushabtis wrote:my list
-I want lots and lots of Jaco the super elite.
-I'd like to see Gohan at work and what he does there
-have Piccolo get an upgrade in power
-Yamcha do a Kaio-ken x10 Wolf Fang Fist
-I'd like to see some good attention given to Goten/Trunks
-less Dragonball wish spamming
-Power pole gets a reappearance
-Goku wears his GT/Path to power gi some time in the story (personally my favorite outfit Goku ever wore)
-Android 18 does something other than be sidelined
-Android 18 gets a real name. (kind of silly they still call her a number)
-Android 17 actually has appears and does something with the Z warriors.
-Krillin stays bald
-Pan loves super heroes so Gohan puts on a great saiyaman play for her.
-Trunks gets a sword
-If Gohan fights again he better wear Piccolo's gi instead of Goku's.
-Gohan can use his mystic form and he has to train to get it back (never liked how he got mystic form, in all honesty he can lose it forever)
---
side thing:
-If there's a flash back of kid goku (assuming this scene is more than a couple seconds/minutes long) I hope they get Nadolny back to voice him.
-no faulconer music.

:lol: 18 does have a real name it's Lazuli and 17 is Lapis. :lol:

But I'd also like to see Trunks get his sword.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:33 pm

There is only one correct answer to what we want to see -

'stachegeta:

"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"