"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SSJ Electric Fury
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by SSJ Electric Fury » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:51 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Dragon Ball doesn't talk about characters that won't never appear, as far I remember.
The only ones I can think of are Colonel Brown & General Copper of the Red Ribbon Army.
Was Dai Kaio ever shown in the manga?
"You can't make up for your mistakes when you're dead." - Irina Akulov, Xenoblade [Chronicles] X
ringworm128 wrote:

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:37 am

SSJ Electric Fury wrote:
DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Dragon Ball doesn't talk about characters that won't never appear, as far I remember.
The only ones I can think of are Colonel Brown & General Copper of the Red Ribbon Army.
Was Dai Kaio ever shown in the manga?
Yes, he was.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:19 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ Electric Fury wrote:Was Dai Kaio ever shown in the manga?
Yes, he was.
This is why Funimation's dub irritates me. It depends entirely on who you're talking about. That's the Dai Kaioshin, and as you showed, he kinda popped up in the manga, but the actual Dai Kaio (old rocker dude from the Afterlife Tournament) never did.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:26 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
SSJ Electric Fury wrote:Was Dai Kaio ever shown in the manga?
Yes, he was.
This is why Funimation's dub irritates me. It depends entirely on who you're talking about. That's the Dai Kaioshin, and as you showed, he kinda popped up in the manga, but the actual Dai Kaio (old rocker dude from the Afterlife Tournament) never did.
You're right. That pisses me off too. There's litterally NO reason to call him Dai-Kaio when we ALREADY have a legit Dai-Kaio out there... this is Dai-Kaioshin.
Now they were finally using a japanese name. and even then they screwed it up. they should have just gone with Grand Supreme Kai instead.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:36 pm

So... It is true that Cabble will have a transformation SSJ4-like? Or just mere speculation?
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 06, 2016 6:39 pm

Noah wrote:So... It is true that Cabble will have a transformation SSJ4-like? Or just mere speculation?
It's mere speculation. If it's not on the main page of the website, the story doesn't exist.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:37 pm

I don't think Cabba will have a transformation at all but if he does it'll probably be different than any we've seen thus far. I can understand Super Saiyan God, but Super Saiyan Blue feels like a transformation Goku and Vegeta created by using Super Saiyan and the God Ki under the guidance of Whis. He can't reach SSG without other Saiyan's so I think he'll have either a new form or none at all.

immakillya

Post by immakillya » Sat Feb 06, 2016 10:16 pm

Noah wrote:So... It is true that Cabble will have a transformation SSJ4-like? Or just mere speculation?
No way will it be anything like SSJ4.... first off he doesnt have a tail, and he said saiyans from his universe no longer have tails for what ever reason. second, they are not going to use ANYTHING from GT... >.>

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:08 pm

immakillya wrote:No way will it be anything like SSJ4.... first off he doesnt have a tail, and he said saiyans from his universe no longer have tails for what ever reason. second, they are not going to use ANYTHING from GT... >.>
When I said SSJ4-like I didn't mean exactly like GT, just some aspects... I mean, Cabble is short it, would be reasonable to think he have a unique Saiyan transformation that makes his body bulky and taller, probably his "true form" we could say that is not like SSJ but just another transformation.
Last edited by Noah on Tue Feb 09, 2016 8:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:57 am

Can we get a swig of Gatorade for the working bear? Botamo might lose via heart attack if he keeps this up. :(
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:24 am

This next chapter needs to hurry up i need to know the outcome of goku and piccolo's fight even though we probably won't see the outcome of piccolo's fight though. I'm 95% sure goku is going to lose and we will finally though for sure if tagging out is allowed so we can everyone making predictions in the same format. It should be leaked by the 18th i think

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:45 am

I'm 100% sure they won't show the Piccolo vs. Frost fight next chapter.The chapter will end with Piccolo and Frost stepping in the ring together.

Trunkse

Post by Trunkse » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:46 am

What are the chances Vados or Champa buys Vegeta off to throw the fight with the promise of training to go beyond Goku?

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:09 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:I'm 100% sure they won't show the Piccolo vs. Frost fight next chapter.The chapter will end with Piccolo and Frost stepping in the ring together.
i think they start the fight at least and i think botamo is going to show his true ability and beat goku
the manga is suppose to be promotion material for the anime so it cant fall behind the anime and the next issue after this months is not until 21st march, maybe the length of the manga chapter might be increased.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Trunkse wrote:What are the chances Vados or Champa buys Vegeta off to throw the fight with the promise of training to go beyond Goku?
Highly unlikely. Vegeta wouldn't do that now, he respects Goku enough to not do something foolish. Also, he still has Whis training him, there wouldn't be any reason for him to do that.

Anyways, I definitely think we will touch on Piccolo Vs Frost in this chapter.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:23 pm

Xeztin wrote:I don't think Cabba will have a transformation at all but if he does it'll probably be different than any we've seen thus far. I can understand Super Saiyan God, but Super Saiyan Blue feels like a transformation Goku and Vegeta created by using Super Saiyan and the God Ki under the guidance of Whis. He can't reach SSG without other Saiyan's so I think he'll have either a new form or none at all.
I'm hoping U6 Saiyans don't need tails anymore because they can transform into Oozaru at will without them.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:40 am

Anyone else think that the announcer is probably a Majin race ? There have been some some of them there too.
In the blue circle i put.There have also that is seem to be a Freeza race.
There have been also some guys who is probably the same race as Botamo.
I find it to be very interesting. :)

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:29 pm

New races as Botamo, Magetta and Hit?! are more than welcome.
Dragon Ball world has infinite possibilites. You just need to have imagination, to come up with new things.

As for the next chapter.
We will finally know how Goku vs Botamo ends and Piccolo vs Frost starts.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:44 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Anyone else think that the announcer is probably a Majin race ? There have been some some of them there too.
In the blue circle i put.There have also that is seem to be a Freeza race.
There have been also some guys who is probably the same race as Botamo.
I find it to be very interesting. :)
They dont look like majins at all except for the thing on the head but their ears and face scream generic alien and the penguin had the same thing on the head so thats like a generic alien feature

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 11, 2016 12:49 pm

There are other "majin", as in a "magic/demon people", in Dragon Ball, so I guess they could be. As already mentioned though, their physical traits aren't exactly uncommon in DB. So I wouldn't say that they're the same literal race as Majin Buu just because they kinda look similar.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)