"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Retan
Advanced Regular

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by Retan » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:47 pm

The manga always comes out on the 20-21st right?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:05 pm

Retan wrote:The manga always comes out on the 20-21st right?
Yup. 20th this month: http://vjump.shueisha.co.jp/nextinfo/
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:06 pm

Yeah but it usually leaks a few days before so we should be getting the new chapter any day now.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:20 pm

sintzu wrote:
Yeah but it usually leaks a few days before so we should be getting the new chapter any day now.
Dang, it seems like Chapter 8 just released yesterday.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:59 pm

Xeztin wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Dang, it seems like Chapter 8 just released yesterday.
Really?! Wow that's fast. :shock:
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:02 pm

He's saying it hasn't seemed like a month since the last one. We're waiting on Chapter 9.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:13 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:He's saying it hasn't seemed like a month since the last one. We're waiting on Chapter 9.
OH. Did not know. Many thanks. I lost track of the number of chapters since I decided to wait for the collected volume after buying a bunch of VJumps.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:17 pm

It probably seems that way to me because an English translation of chapter 8 took forever to come out. :lol:

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:30 pm

Xeztin wrote:It probably seems that way to me because an English translation of chapter 8 took forever to come out. :lol:
Herms posted a translation one day after the V-Jump came out.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Feb 14, 2016 7:26 pm

maybe somebody sad this already, but whats wrong with Goku losing to Froz because Goku has to leave the tournament for some kind of reason.

Perhaps it was a plan to get everyone to the tournament so nobody can protect the earth??

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:13 pm

Am I the only one with mixed feelings about U6 saiyans being basically superheroes? I'm happy that I got my wish about Frost not being evil, but Toriyama didn't need to turn everything upside down and could have left the saiyans' barbaric nature alone.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:43 pm

Sandubadear wrote:
Xeztin wrote:It probably seems that way to me because an English translation of chapter 8 took forever to come out. :lol:
Herms posted a translation one day after the V-Jump came out.
I'm talking about the actual typesetting of the manga, not the script.
Kakarotto92 wrote:Am I the only one with mixed feelings about U6 saiyans being basically superheroes? I'm happy that I got my wish about Frost not being evil, but Toriyama didn't need to turn everything upside down and could have left the saiyans' barbaric nature alone.
It is kind of strange to see that but someones got to be the villain so hopefully it opens us up to new races.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 10:58 pm

Kakarotto92 wrote:Am I the only one with mixed feelings about U6 saiyans being basically superheroes? I'm happy that I got my wish about Frost not being evil, but Toriyama didn't need to turn everything upside down and could have left the saiyans' barbaric nature alone.
Nah I don't like the Saiyans being Green Lanterns either.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 pm

If we're being honest, it seems he turned it upside-down long ago. Gine & Bardock in Minus, SSG being 'made' by 6 good Saiyans, Vegeta's transformation etc. It was the anime side (Toei) that explored Saiyans' evil nature in a much bigger scope than Toriyama ever did. From his side, good Saiyans have long dominated the portrayal of the race even if lore-wise it was said to be the other way.

So frankly I'm not surprised at all U6 Saiyans are good, doesn't seem like Toriyama likes the idea of them being evil at all/anymore.
Last edited by Basaku on Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:05 pm

They're not superheroes, they are hired personal. Mercenaries with morals is what they appear to be, the fighting nature remains. They just don't have the need to murder people every time they fight. It's basically a race of Vegeta's (Post-Boo).
It would annoy me if they refuse to kill, when fighting evil that needs to be put down. I don't mind the oddball who is against killing but everyone..., that would be stretching and against the realism that Mr.Toriyama is introducing.
You know, how unlikely is that a whole race of people is exactly the same, even if brought up in the same environment.

Regarding the next chapter, I think they will slow it down and run it side by side with the anime. The manga will spoil very little so that the anime can gather full attention.
I predict it will end right in the middle of Piccolo's fight.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:19 pm

Basaku wrote: So frankly I'm not surprised at all U6 Saiyans are good, doesn't seem like Toriyama likes the idea of them being evil at all/anymore.
Evil Saiyans can't work these days since it's over done. How can you do evil Saiyans without rehashing Broli, Radditz, Nappa & Vegeta? If they did a evil saiyan that is link to Goku or Vegeta, you will just rehash Radditz. You have Saiyans coming to Earth for the Dragon Balls or destroy it then it's just a repeat of Nappa and Vegeta. If you want to do a evil SSj then you are going to copy Broli all over again.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:29 pm

Basaku wrote:
If we're being honest, it seems he turned it upside-down long ago. Gine & Bardock in Minus, SSG being 'made' by 6 good Saiyans, Vegeta's transformation etc. It was the anime side (Toei) that explored Saiyans' evil nature in a much bigger scope than Toriyama ever did. From his side, good Saiyans have long dominated the portrayal of the race even if lore-wise it was said to be the other way.

So frankly I'm not surprised at all U6 Saiyans are good, doesn't seem like Toriyama likes the idea of them being evil at all/anymore.
Makes me wonder how they'd be written today. Maybe that Beerus infecting the saiyans idea might come back in some form or another via a new character or backstory. I really wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:38 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I'm way too excted to find out how Goku and Botamo's fight will end up. I find it hard to believe that Botamo beats Goku and Piccolo beats Botamo, the gap is way too high, calling it right now,
-they'll announce the match a draw because both Goku and Botamo cant hurt each other (Botamo's special power may just be in play here)
-Goku beats Botamo and when Frost enters he points at Piccolo and wants to fight him hence Goku dropping out on purpose.
-Goku beats Botamo but gets beat by Frost but then Piccolo would just get rekt hard.
Basically you are saying whoever Piccolo faces he is going to lose, so its actually 3 vs 5 instead of 4 vs 5. A fighter who is weaker can still win, if not then we might as well get a scouter to measure all the participants power levels exactly and whoever has the highest wins the touranement and consequently resulting in the tournament being pointless.
Well yes, unless we get a Super Namekian God or something he aint doin shit if the contestants from U6 are strong enough to beat Goku. A fighter who is weaker can win? what? lol? in DB its always been whoever has a higher power wins, simple as that. Problem is there aint no scouter that can measure God Ki, for both Goku and Vegeta.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Feb 15, 2016 1:18 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:I'm way too excted to find out how Goku and Botamo's fight will end up. I find it hard to believe that Botamo beats Goku and Piccolo beats Botamo, the gap is way too high, calling it right now,
-they'll announce the match a draw because both Goku and Botamo cant hurt each other (Botamo's special power may just be in play here)
-Goku beats Botamo and when Frost enters he points at Piccolo and wants to fight him hence Goku dropping out on purpose.
-Goku beats Botamo but gets beat by Frost but then Piccolo would just get rekt hard.
Basically you are saying whoever Piccolo faces he is going to lose, so its actually 3 vs 5 instead of 4 vs 5. A fighter who is weaker can still win, if not then we might as well get a scouter to measure all the participants power levels exactly and whoever has the highest wins the touranement and consequently resulting in the tournament being pointless.
Well yes, unless we get a Super Namekian God or something he aint doin shit if the contestants from U6 are strong enough to beat Goku. A fighter who is weaker can win? what? lol? in DB its always been whoever has a higher power wins, simple as that. Problem is there aint no scouter that can measure God Ki, for both Goku and Vegeta.
Not always true.....but is when it's one on one. Overpowering is a key factor in fight. Vegeta was weaker than Goku and woulda won without interference or even Oozaru, but I suppose him going Oozaru is Vegeta overpowering Goku.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 15, 2016 5:10 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
If Piccolo has no chance I am sure Toriyama would have put him first instead of second and maybe Toriyama might bring skill and strategy into the fights this time and Piccolo probably has better skills and strategy than Goku and Vegata.