"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by JulieYBM » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:51 pm

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It doesn't exactly stop the debate from the last couple of pages, but Heroes material just leaked (I'm compiling for the thread). Shows Champa Arc Goku AND Vegeta as a regular Super Saiyan, so I don't think it's a mistake here.
Well, crap. I was hoping we were going to have simplified transformations. Hopefully we'll just have regular Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:52 pm

I wonder if SSJ will be renamed SSJ Gold.
Also does anyone have the covers or V Jump covers of the Super Manga chapters?

Edit - Nevermind I have them.
Last edited by Xeztin on Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:53 pm

I think the whole "you're saving your power for the next match thing" is going to bite both Frost and Goku in the ass. Whether Goku is SSJ or SSGSS, he's going to lose to Frost from what we understand. He might've been conserving energy for the next fight and lost because of that. Since Frost was also concerned about power consumption, he might be dead tired after that fight, which would let Piccolo stand a chance against him and eventually win. That's just my theory though. I could be completey wrong.

(I'm in the "Goku was SSJ club")
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:59 pm

If by chance U6 team is going from their weakest to strongest and Goku loses to Frost, how will Piccolo and Vegeta win? Goku's fresh when he fought Frost and indicates that he will lose. Guess their only chance now is Monaka, dude's literally like some saviour coming down pose on that cover.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:03 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:It doesn't exactly stop the debate from the last couple of pages, but Heroes material just leaked (I'm compiling for the thread). Shows Champa Arc Goku AND Vegeta as a regular Super Saiyan, so I don't think it's a mistake here.
...if this doesn't get an explanation in the series proper, it's going to reek of merchandise.

I guess we'll find out in two weeks.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:04 am

SSJB is still a blur itself, unless it was a one off like SSG.

MajinMan
Advanced Regular

Post by MajinMan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:05 am

SansrivaaL wrote:If by chance U6 team is going from their weakest to strongest and Goku loses to Frost, how will Piccolo and Vegeta win? Goku's fresh when he fought Frost and indicates that he will lose. Guess their only chance now is Monaka, dude's literally like some saviour coming down pose on that cover.
I don't think it will be because Vados said the Frost "was one of their prize fighters" or something like that. He might be the second or third strongest.
Heroes come and go, but legends are forever.

Rest in peace.

CashmanX
Patreon Supporter

Post by CashmanX » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:07 am

Has this been posted yet? Cause it looks like they're using SSJ classic: https://twitter.com/beichann1/status/700157539300716544
olympia wrote: 21:28 why are we still talking about the emails
21:29 who gives a fuck
21:29 shut the fuck up trunks
21:29 * mean trump

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:08 am

Xeztin wrote:SSJB is still a blur itself, unless it was a one off like SSG.
That'd be something else if for all its promotion blueper saiyan gets dropped too. I'm not invested in it the way I was (still am) with ssjg, so I won't be upset if blueper gets retired too, but what a way to go if its replacement is just regular ol gold ssj1 again.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:09 am

This is definitely just to sell more merchandise. I'm just hoping the amount of control exhibited in the first two arcs continues here when the animated series starts these fights.
She/Her
bisexual milf

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:17 am

I wonder if they're using "Super Saiyan", as in the old form before all the god juju, or if this is yet another evolution of SSG(SS).

Regardless, I'm going to laugh at all the fans coming out of the woodwork saying this was done to allow GT work. It'll happen.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:19 am

If this is just another evolution of Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan, meaning it is the only transformation, then I'll be okay with this. It allows for there to be only one transformation and introduce new merchandise.
She/Her
bisexual milf

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:21 am

I also believe it to be a normal ssj, both Goku and Vegeta trained for 3years straight, something definitely happened within that timeframe.

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:24 am

I hope that they using blonde ssj means that they mastered god ki or something like that and finally achieved the real ssg form and instead of blonde their hair turns golden cause that makes a lot more sense than going from yellow to red and then blue

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:24 am

Does Bandai have more creative control in this series, or is it just that they've become more desperate with trying to sell more merchandise?

I mean, even GT didn't feel this blatant. Heck, I'm honestly surprised GT only came out with one new form given to only two people.

But I'm probably overreacting. It might make sense when it's actually used in the story.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:24 am

My one hope is that their Super Saiyan forms are now stronger than their Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms from the previous arc.
She/Her
bisexual milf

DragonHermit
Regular

Post by DragonHermit » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:32 am

JulieYBM wrote:My one hope is that their Super Saiyan forms are now stronger than their Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms from the previous arc.
That makes no sense. SSJ Blue = SSJ + God Ki. If he's just SSJ it means he's not flooding his aura with God Ki yet.

Darnis

Post by Darnis » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:32 am

Hopefully they'll properly explain everything in the anime. For now though I'm happy with how the story is progressing.
Raditz did nothing wrong

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:45 am

DragonHermit wrote:
JulieYBM wrote:My one hope is that their Super Saiyan forms are now stronger than their Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan forms from the previous arc.
That makes no sense. SSJ Blue = SSJ + God Ki. If he's just SSJ it means he's not flooding his aura with God Ki yet.
It makes sense, it means they're not holding back against new characters who are now weaker than the last foe.
She/Her
bisexual milf

DI297
Beyond Newbie

Post by DI297 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:46 am

Darnis wrote:Hopefully they'll properly explain everything in the anime. For now though I'm happy with how the story is progressing.
youre happy with how lame was botamo and how frost is just a good frieza?