"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: Super's manga by Toyotarō

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:57 pm

Xeztin wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:
Araki wrote:
I'm perplexed by how people keep making false claims like that with a straight face with no evidence whatsoever, just based on personal taste. Wow.
This is just the same with people saying that Goku has 2 base forms it is just stuff made up with no evidence.
How can you have 2 base forms? Base is Base right? I'm guessing your referring to the "Saiyan Beyond God" thing. Only way I could see that working is if he can turn God Ki on and off... Which could also explain Goku's ability to still go SSJ gold I suppose. :eh:
The God Ki thing is basically what I mean, that is made up out of nowhere with no evidence.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:59 pm

I think it's safe to say Toriyama gets more detailed with some stuff than others. For instance, Zuno's explanation of the Super Dragon Balls is the same between the anime and manga so we can assume Toriyama wrote it as-is.

Another relevant example is Beers and Champa's fight. In the manga, it was a flashback of them fighting. In the anime, they fought on Beers' planet. In both instances, Whis and Vados stopped them. From this, we can assume that Toriyama wrote that they were twin brothers who fought a lot and that Whis and Vados had to stop them because of the fierceness of their powers. This, despite the anime and the manga going on their separate ways about it, is consistent with what we were shown.

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sun Mar 13, 2016 6:25 pm

alakazam^ wrote:I think it's safe to say Toriyama gets more detailed with some stuff than others. For instance, Zuno's explanation of the Super Dragon Balls is the same between the anime and manga so we can assume Toriyama wrote it as-is.

Another relevant example is Beers and Champa's fight. In the manga, it was a flashback of them fighting. In the anime, they fought on Beers' planet. In both instances, Whis and Vados stopped them. From this, we can assume that Toriyama wrote that they were twin brothers who fought a lot and that Whis and Vados had to stop them because of the fierceness of their powers. This, despite the anime and the manga going on their separate ways about it, is consistent with what we were shown.
Both fights were enjoyable IMO ^^

Since some have mentioned the 2 base powers.

I think goku can indeed choose between infusing himself with god ki and not.

Look vs beerus, he was golden haired no god ki.ssj blue god ki.

Obviously blue is stronger than golden haired, since beerus yells at goku for not going full power and goku says that he thought normal ssj would suffice.

WhisPL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by WhisPL » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:27 am

So in chapter 10 Goku fight with Frost? :(

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 4:38 am

WhisPL wrote:So in chapter 10 Goku fight with Frost? :(

The Goku vs Frost fight will be very short becsuse Goku is already a Super Saiyan. The big part should be Piccolo vs Frost and maybe Vegeta Vs Frost.

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:17 am

WhisPL wrote:So in chapter 10 Goku fight with Frost? :(

There's nothing new there, it's just a promotional spread based on drawings from the previous issue.
namekiansaiyan wrote:This is just the same with people saying that Goku has 2 base forms it is just stuff made up with no evidence.
You know, it's not particularly very becoming of you to sprawl your grievance with other people's theories over multiple threads. I'd encourage you to address this in the thread where we had a similar conversation, and so long as you conduct yourself in a reasonable and sufficiently polite manner, I'd be happy to continue the debate.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 6:29 am

blade wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:This is just the same with people saying that Goku has 2 base forms it is just stuff made up with no evidence.
You know, it's not particularly very becoming of you to sprawl your grievance with other people's theories over multiple threads. I'd encourage you to address this in the thread where we had a similar conversation, and so long as you conduct yourself in a reasonable and sufficiently polite manner, I'd be happy to continue the debate.
It does not matter if I said it in the other thread because it was relevant here.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:06 pm

It's funny they call "Second Form" to the form Frost first transforms into. Maybe they just mean it's the second form he shows us?

LuckyCat
Advanced Regular

Post by LuckyCat » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:14 pm

alakazam^ wrote:It's funny they call "Second Form" to the form Frost first transforms into. Maybe they just mean it's the second form he shows us?
They must not want to confuse younger fans. Technically, this is 第三形態 (3rd form), if we're going by Freeza standards.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:17 pm

alakazam^ wrote:It's funny they call "Second Form" to the form Frost first transforms into. Maybe they just mean it's the second form he shows us?
Well, it is his second form until proven different. It's better to call it as it is, to prevent confusion. Frost doesn't appear to have a golden form, so he doesn't automatically follow everything Freeza did.

Retan
Advanced Regular

Post by Retan » Mon Mar 14, 2016 3:23 pm

LightBing wrote:
Well, it is his second form until proven different. It's better to call it as it is, to prevent confusion. Frost doesn't appear to have a golden form, so he doesn't automatically follow everything Freeza did.
Which is weird I would have liked frost if he was good and trained, especially if he'd been training all his life unlike freeze. But it turns out he's even dumber and less talented.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:13 pm

I'm pretty sure all of the members of Freeza's race has the same transformations. I think Frost went straight into his "third form" or assault form is because he knew his second form would be no match for Goku in his base.

Tzigi
Regular

Post by Tzigi » Tue Mar 15, 2016 5:17 am

The cover of the collected volume. More info here.

ssj_duelist
Beyond Newbie

Post by ssj_duelist » Tue Mar 15, 2016 6:35 am

V-Jump is currently being leaked, expect DBS manga soon. Not sure if DBS is top priority for leakers so may not come today.

Yugioh news however..

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 7:02 am

ssj_duelist wrote:V-Jump is currently being leaked, expect DBS manga soon. Not sure if DBS is top priority for leakers so may not come today.

Yugioh news however..
The last time the magazine came out on the 19th and a Saturday was December and it got leaked on a tuesday which is today and that time it got leaked in about 4 hours time of that Tuesday. So I think it will today.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 15, 2016 9:25 am

Re: Super's manga cover

It's so cute! (☆▽☆)
Definitely gonna pick up a copy once it's listed.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:10 pm

The Piccolo vs Frost fight was really short even Goku in Super Saiyan vs Frost was longer. The anime was definitely better than the Manga for Piccolo vs Frost. Piccolo looks even with Frost by looking at the pictures.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:47 pm

Holy crap! Piccolo actually looks dead even with Frost. Maybe even superior.

The fight sucked though. Hope we can get a translation soon.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Wow. Manga's done with spoilers I guess. It ended exactly where the anime left off a week and a half ago.

Spoilers were half of what I looked forward to about the manga. Now all that's left is the cool artwork.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 12:53 pm

Zombie wrote:Holy crap! Piccolo actually looks dead even with Frost. Maybe even superior.

The fight sucked though. Hope we can get a translation soon.
Hopefully the translation does not ruin it for us.