"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Neo Hartless

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Neo Hartless » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:17 pm

Maybe the anime is leaving this out for an eventual History of Trunks 2...

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:21 pm

Terez wrote:Again, that might be true, but it doesn't change the fact that it's impossible for Trunks not to have influenced Black's past in any way, even if the influence is minor, so there's a paradox anyway unless another timeline was created, because Trunks has now become a part of Black's past. Whether or not he was a major factor in Zamasu's descent is irrelevant; Trunks is doing things in the main timeline that have already happened from Black's perspective. Of course, the more involved Trunks gets, and the more he contributes to Goku's meeting with Black (as we see in the anime), the more ironic the paradox becomes. But it's a paradox either way.
My only significant issue is the causal loop paradox; the chain of events with no logical origin point, because it should technically prevent the entire arc from happening in the first place. The anime seems to have already shot itself in the foot on that a long time ago, but the current material in the manga is clear and could maybe, possibly remain so. Other information at our disposal thus far (though it's anime only for now), mainly the Time Rings and the rules that have been discussed for them, has me speculating on how things could work out okay. I don't know if anything will come from it, or if we're destined to fall into a different paradox regardless. We'll just have to wait and find out.

But yeah, so long as we have a specific, non paradoxical point of origin, I'm pretty open to just seeing how everything else is handled for the time being.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 11:47 pm

If Zamasu use to be a North Kai in U10, I wonder if he look similar to King Kai at first or not? I wonder if Kai's change their appearance when they become a higher rank?
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:07 am

Noah wrote:
Herms wrote:Black: “Kukuku…Wonderful. The most troublesome one of all…Universe 7’s God of Destruction…How fortunate that there’s a world without him…”

This actually confirms that Beerus is indeed the strongest among all Hakaishins?

I doubt it. We know that Beerus stated that there were others more stronger and violent than himself. I tookwhat black said as "most annoying to deal with" rather than the strongest.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:13 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:If Zamasu use to be a North Kai in U10, I wonder if he look similar to King Kai at first or not? I wonder if Kai's change their appearance when they become a higher rank?
Maybe they just gain a nose, new clothes, fake earrings, and stop wearing sunglasses, because technically South Kaio is pretty tall, you could just give him a nose and new clothes that you could mistake him for a Kaioshin.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:10 am

DainIronfoot wrote:
Noah wrote:
Herms wrote:Black: “Kukuku…Wonderful. The most troublesome one of all…Universe 7’s God of Destruction…How fortunate that there’s a world without him…”

This actually confirms that Beerus is indeed the strongest among all Hakaishins?
I doubt it. We know that Beerus stated that there were others more stronger and violent than himself. I tookwhat black said as "most annoying to deal with" rather than the strongest.
What Black means is most likely how Beerus has been so suspicious about Zamasu in the present (see the anime and the upcoming episode titles), conducting several trips to Universe 10 and such. In the future, Black believes he doesn't have to try to avoid an investigation by Beerus. If it confirms anything, it's that Black is from the main timeline.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:43 am

HeroR wrote:I can't see how someone killing the upper gods won't cause anyone to take action. In one universe like with Majin Buu, sure. All 12 universes and it's done by the same guy and no one cares? I'm not buying it.
We don't know if someone isn't caring, we just know that he isn't being dealt with. Involving Zen'ou might be worse than solving that issue. The Universes don't collapse just because the Gods were killed so there's time to find new ones and have them deal with Black.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:44 am

Alruneia wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:
Noah wrote:
What Black means is most likely how Beerus has been so suspicious about Zamasu in the present (see the anime and the upcoming episode titles), conducting several trips to Universe 10 and such. In the future, Black believes he doesn't have to try to avoid an investigation by Beerus. If it confirms anything, it's that Black is from the main timeline.
Indeed I agree. That's why I said that my take on what he meant was Beerus was the most annoying, for the reasons you mentioned, not that he's the strongest (which we know he isn't)

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:58 am

TheMikado wrote:Seeing people on other forums complain that Super manga is like fan fiction now... :roll: :lol:

Geez people love to sling that and "non-canon" for anything they don't like :roll:
So far the anime ep 57 and 58 are deliberate fan fictions, let's see how the manga handles those episodes. hopefully it will it will respect the powerscaling and remove the Looney tunes escape of jayirobi

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:00 am

Friezacooler wrote:
TheMikado wrote:Seeing people on other forums complain that Super manga is like fan fiction now... :roll: :lol:

Geez people love to sling that and "non-canon" for anything they don't like :roll:
So far the anime ep 57 and 58 are deliberate fan fictions, let's see how the manga handles those episodes. hopefully it will it will respect powerscaling, and remove the Looney tunes escape of jayirobi

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:20 am

Does Black (manga) show increase in power and joy when he get hit?

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:39 am

alakazam^ wrote:
HeroR wrote:I can't see how someone killing the upper gods won't cause anyone to take action. In one universe like with Majin Buu, sure. All 12 universes and it's done by the same guy and no one cares? I'm not buying it.
We don't know if someone isn't caring, we just know that he isn't being dealt with. Involving Zen'ou might be worse than solving that issue. The Universes don't collapse just because the Gods were killed so there's time to find new ones and have them deal with Black.
Not just Zen-O, but all the god attendance. And again, someone is killing gods in all universe. This should count as some kind of emergency and unless Black can kill someone like Whis and Vados, there is really no excuse for inaction. Plus, what kind of sense does it make to replace the gods before you kill then thing that killed the other gods? Also, Zen-O came to check on Beerus and Champa for not doing their jobs because they were holding tournament. Yet, taking out the thing killing gods is beneath his time now.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

LittleGreen

Post by LittleGreen » Tue Sep 20, 2016 5:33 am

Viewtiful Jess wrote:
LittleGreen wrote:I do really like the Kaioshin outfit on Trunks. :D
Made a little edit. May need some polish, but good enough i guess.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That chapter was really good, i enjoyed the Kaioshin Training and fight against Babidi and Dabura.

About the Zenô thing.
I think is not informed about everything. I mean 12 Universes are a huuuge space. But all 12 Kaioshins are dead, so he had to hear about it. Let´s wait, maybe there is coming more about it, i´m pretty sure.
Could I use that as an avatar?

I'm so happy to see Trunks get the Z Sword, hopefully a DLC costume for XV2!
Of course you can. ^^
I´m also really hyped for that. Would be so awesome, if that is going to be a costume. :D

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:15 am

Zamasu: “I really admire you two. I heard how you handled Majin Boo a few years ago.”
Kaioshin: “No, we didn’t do it alone. And besides, actions like that are supposed to be a God of Destruction’s role.”
Kibito: “But our universe’s God of Destruction is always sleeping, so…”

Lol since when is a GoD role to kill somebody thats a threat for earth. In that case Frieza and Cell should be died by the hand of Beerus.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:21 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Zamasu: “I really admire you two. I heard how you handled Majin Boo a few years ago.”
Kaioshin: “No, we didn’t do it alone. And besides, actions like that are supposed to be a God of Destruction’s role.”

Lol since when is a GoD role to kill somebody thats a threat for earth. In that case Frieza and Cell should be died by the hand of Beerus.
Boo isn't just a threat to Earth, he can destroy all life on every planet and he'd do it with complete abandon. Freeza isn't as grave of a threat since he's just a conqueror and Cell died mere days after showing up and well before the universe at large could know about him.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:26 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Zamasu: “I really admire you two. I heard how you handled Majin Boo a few years ago.”

Buu was a universal threat for millions of years. He absorbed Kaioshin. Frieza was Beerus' Henchman and Cell was Earths problem.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Tue Sep 20, 2016 7:26 am

TheMikado wrote:

Buu was a universal threat for millions of years. He absorbed Kaioshin. Frieza was Beerus' Henchman and Cell was Earths problem.
I have to agree with you.
Since we learn that in general Gods don't get involved with humans, the idea of a Kaioshin killing a powerful opponent must have triggered the justice senses in Zamasu. "Wow a Kaioshin went and killed this monster he has the power to control these puny creatures" or something like that. Is not like Zamasu is randomly killing. Heck I doubt that Zamasu wants to kill Gods. He only wants a utopia for Gods because he considers humans low class beings. It's pretty bad to be an elite sometimes. Guys like King Kaio have a sense of humor and enjoy simple stuff in life because in general he is a master that knows a powerful move. On the other hand Zamasu might have a talent for martial arts basically allowing him to surpass other Kaios and Kaioshins in strength. He considers himself above the average in a society that Gods live. He is like a super God with potential to grow stronger

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:26 am

How the Z sword survives, katchin and clashes with Daburu but breaks after falling to the floor? are this Super writers from the manga and anime for real?

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:32 am

Friezacooler wrote:How the Z sword survives, katchin and clashes with Daburu but breaks after falling to the floor? are this Super writers from the manga and anime for real?
It's not shown to withstand Katchin. Kibito interrupted the training, before they could use it and unwittingly free Elder Kaioshin like in the original story.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 8:37 am

dbgtFO wrote:
Friezacooler wrote:How the Z sword survives, katchin and clashes with Daburu but breaks after falling to the floor? are this Super writers from the manga and anime for real?
It's not shown to withstand Katchin. Kibito interrupted the training, before they could use it and unwittingly free Elder Kaioshin like in the original story.
Amazing the things you can pick up on when you actually pay attention. Seriously, half of the shit I've heard about the Z-sword here and on Twitter comes from people skimming the pages. Especially how Dabura incinerates it after he turns it to stone.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):