"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 5:57 pm

kinisking wrote: Stop trying so hard to make this about people that it's not about.
You made it about everyone who enjoys the manga when you first entered this thread and sarcastically hinted that there's apparently something wrong with someone thinking the manga is the better version, even if certain things get taken out. Then it went further when you made it about people apparently treating it like a "masterpiece" compared to the anime. Then it was about people being unnecessarily biased towards the anime. Now it's back to people thinking it's a way better version than the anime? Which one is it? You're telling me to stop making it about people that it's not about, yet it's hard to tell who you're targeting.

I'm sick of this argument. If people like the anime more than the manga and think it's the better adaptation, fine. If it's the other way around, that's fine as well. The only thing anyone can ask for is that they explain why they like what they like.
Last edited by Bansho64 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 6:54 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
kinisking wrote: Stop trying so hard to make this about people that it's not about.
You made it about everyone who enjoys the manga when you first entered this thread and sarcastically hinted that there's apparently something wrong with someone thinking the manga is the better version, even if certain things get taken out. Then it went further when you made it about people apparently treating it like a "masterpiece" compared to the anime. Then it was about people being unnecessarily biased towards the anime. Now it's back to people thinking it's a way better version than the anime? Which one is it? You're telling me to stop making it about people that it's not about, yet it's hard to tell who you're targeting.

I'm sick of this argument. If people like the anime more than the manga and think it's the better adaptation, fine. If it's the other way around, that's fine as well. The only think anyone can ask for is that they explain why they like what they like.
You're right about my initial post making it seem like liking the manga better than the anime is wrong. That's not what I was trying to get at though. I meant what I bolded. These are all just different ways of me saying the same thing. I mean think about it, those are all the same people. I never back tracked on how i felt at all. I'm still not at a computer but I wanted to make things clear.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 7:08 pm

kinisking wrote: These are all just different ways of me saying the same thing. I mean think about it, those are all the same people. I never back tracked on how i felt at all. I'm still not at a computer but I wanted to make things clear.
Thinking one thing is better than the other is different from thinking that something is a masterpiece. For example, I think Lil Wayne is a much better artist than Kodak Black. But, by no means do I think that anything that Lil Wayne has done is masterpiece in any sense or fashion of the word.

That's a pretty "out there" example but it gets the point across. It's the same with the DBS manga. I think the manga is much better than the anime but that doesn't automatically equal thinking that the manga is a masterpiece.

Also, someone thinking that the manga is a much better version doesn't automatically equal them being "unnecessarily biased". That's like saying that someone's unnecessarily biased if they think Kikuchi is much better than Faulconer. Many actually have legitimate reasons for liking what they like. That doesn't make everyone "unnecessarily biased".

So, no, I wouldn't say all of those are all the same people.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:08 pm

Bansho64 wrote:
kinisking wrote: These are all just different ways of me saying the same thing. I mean think about it, those are all the same people. I never back tracked on how i felt at all. I'm still not at a computer but I wanted to make things clear.
Thinking one thing is better than the other is different from thinking that something is a masterpiece. For example, I think Lil Wayne is a much better artist than Kodak Black. But, by no means do I think that anything that Lil Wayne has done is masterpiece in any sense or fashion of the word.

That's a pretty "out there" example but it gets the point across. It's the same with the DBS manga. I think the manga is much better than the anime but that doesn't automatically equal thinking that the manga is a masterpiece.

Also, someone thinking that the manga is a much better version doesn't automatically equal them being "unnecessarily biased". That's like saying that someone's unnecessarily biased if they think Kikuchi is much better than Faulconer. Many actually have legitimate reasons for liking what they like. That doesn't make everyone "unnecessarily biased".

So, no, I wouldn't say all of those are all the same people.
I said people acted like it's a masterpiece compared to the anime. I never said people were saying the manga was a masterpiece. Importance difference.

Kikuchi and Faulconer are completely different types of music. Super's manga and anime are the same story told in slightly different ways. It's nonsensical to act like one is much bettter than the other or fault one for things that the other does.

They do come off as unnecessarily biased if they act like the manga is far superior or blame the anime for things the manga also does.

You also consistently act like i'm persecuting people who enjoy the manga and you've been proven completely wrong.

You wanted examples of people acting this way ?

The amount of people expecting the manga to save the ending in episodes 66 thread is one.
Yeah, I think I'm done with the anime. I'm just gonna go stick to with the manga because really, I'd be crazier than the Joker for thinking the anime will ever, EEEVVVEEERR actually be good and stay like that.
I'm at that point with Super where I just take whatever the anime gives me and don't question it. With that caveat, great action-packed episode, and it's always fun seeing Vegito.
My god, I had no idea the Super Manga had so much more content. They elaborate on everything way more than the show. The Trunks vs. Dabura/Babidi battle lasted so much longer. Why does the show cut so much out?
Even though the anime elaborates on much more things than the manga. Faulting the anime but not saying anything when the manga does it. Btw this was on episode 61 which had nothing to do with the Trunks' fight.
The flashback of Black killing Goku's family and swapping bodies with him was painfully rushed and just bad in every sense of the word. I'm confident the manga will give this scene justice.
More examples of this behaviour can be seen in mangastreams comment section.

I mean think about it, this is obviously a problem. If it weren't then would people really be complaining about these manga fans? Do you really think people would be annoyed of other people in the same fanbase for no reason?
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
TheMikado
I Live Here
Posts: 4886
Joined: Sun Jan 17, 2016 1:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheMikado » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:18 pm

Dude, I literally see one example of someone just bashing the anime. Unless you feel like ANY critism of the anime is an attack???

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:34 pm

I never said that people were saying it either. If you re-read my earlier paragraph, you'll see that I said thinking, not saying. Either way, my point still stands.

The Super manga and anime do tell some of the same stories but stay in their own continuities. They're two different products that can be compared and contrasted to the viewer's liking. And just like anything else, one can say that they think one is much better than the other. There's nothing nonsensical about it.

So, acting like the manga is far superior apparently correlates with someone having an unnecessary bias? It sounds to me like they just have an opinion and you don't like it.

Also, apparently I've been proven completely wrong, yet I've given you two examples. One of which you chose to completely ignore and another of which you thought was moot because the manga and anime aren't different. You've also backtracked several times on who you're sending your message to.

As for those three quotes, like TheMikado has said, only one seems to be truly attacking the anime. As for the other two, you seem to think that they're moot because the anime has much more elaboration on content. First of all, how do you even know that they care about said content? Just because you do, doesn't mean that they do as well. Maybe the second person valued the manga content more than the anime because they thought the manga's was more interesting?

I don't know, but it seems like you take it as them "acting like it's a masterpiece" because they care more about certain content that they felt was better than what the anime included

As for the last one, I'm not seeing the problem. They felt that the anime rushed it and hopes the manga will do it better? Is this seriously the kinda stuff that's making you act this way in this thread? Because the exaggeration here is off the charts.

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:47 pm

Can we expect some leaks sometime this week?

EDIT: post below, perfect timing. :lol:
Last edited by ryou766 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Helios518
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:42 pm
Location: Not where you think

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Helios518 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:50 pm

Alright people, manga chapter pages are being leaked currently and what we got that "Trunks' kissing Mai to give the Senzu in there with Goku questioning it" scene.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6157
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Ajay » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:51 pm

The Volume 2 cover is absolutely out of this world. Huge props to Toyotaro:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Very impressed!
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:52 pm

So this will be the first time Goku fights against Black? :o So.. about the power boost Black attained from Goku to ascend into Rose, I wonder how Toyotaro will explain that?

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:56 pm

Ajay wrote:The Volume 2 cover is absolutely out of this world. Huge props to Toyotaro:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Very impressed!
OH. MAH. GAWD. The shading looks amazing, especially on that close-up pic of Hit and Goku in the back

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:58 pm

That art....

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:01 pm

What. Is. Even. Happening there?

Holy shit, the rainy depressing atmosphere.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:04 pm

Helios518 wrote:Alright people, manga chapter pages are being leaked currently and what we got that "Trunks' kissing Mai to give the Senzu in there with Goku questioning it" scene.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
HAHAHA! So much for the people who blamed this line on Toei ruining Goku

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:07 pm

Bansho64 wrote:I never said that people were saying it either. If you re-read my earlier paragraph, you'll see that I said thinking, not saying. Either way, my point still stands.
The example is still irrelevant though. It's about them thinking it's a masterpiece when I never said that.
The Super manga and anime do tell some of the same stories but stay in their own continuities. They're two different products that can be compared and contrasted to the viewer's liking. And just like anything else, one can say that they think one is much better than the other. There's nothing nonsensical about it.
You can say anything. Technically, you can say that 730P is WAY better than 720P resolution. But it won't stop me from having a problem with it .
So, acting like the manga is far superior apparently correlates with someone having an unnecessary bias? It sounds to me like they just have an opinion and you don't like it.
It does correlate with unnecessary bias when they forgive the manga for things but hate on the anime for doing the same. Or exaggerate the anime's flaws in comparison to the manga.
Also, apparently I've been proven completely wrong, yet I've given you two examples. One of which you chose to completely ignore and another of which you thought was moot because the manga and anime aren't different. You've also backtracked several times on who you're sending your message to.
Yes, yes you have. Your point was that my aggression was targeted at people who like the manga. You were wrong. Simple as that. I like the manga and I don't care if someone likes the manga. When someone takes it to the extreme, then I get annoyed.

About your examples, which one did I ignore?
Thinking one thing is better than the other is different from thinking that something is a masterpiece. For example, I think Lil Wayne is a much better artist than Kodak Black. But, by no means do I think that anything that Lil Wayne has done is masterpiece in any sense or fashion of the word.
This one is useless because you're speaking about calling something a masterpiece. Like I said, thinking something is a masterpiece compared to something else is much different than calling it a masterpiece.

Thinking one thing is better than the other is different from thinking that something is a masterpiece. For example, I think Lil Wayne is a much better artist than Kodak Black. But, by no means do I think that anything that Lil Wayne has done is masterpiece in any sense or fashion of the word.
Useless for the same reason.
Also, someone thinking that the manga is a much better version doesn't automatically equal them being "unnecessarily biased". That's like saying that someone's unnecessarily biased if they think Kikuchi is much better than Faulconer. Many actually have legitimate reasons for liking what they like. That doesn't make everyone "unnecessarily biased".
I definitely responded to this.
As for those three quotes, like TheMikado has said, only one seems to be truly attacking the anime. As for the other two, you seem to think that they're moot because the anime has much more elaboration on content. First of all, how do you even know that they care about said content? Just because you do, doesn't mean that they do as well. Maybe the second person valued the manga content more than the anime because they thought the manga's was more interesting?
The first one is attacking the anime as you guys point out.

I accidentally didn't quote the whole comment but the second one is trying to act like the anime is completely nonsensical in comparison to the manga.

The third one specifically says the elaborate on everything more than the show. That's wrong. It doesn't matter if they care more about what the manga elaborates. What they said is factually wrong.

The fourth one is blindly putting faith in the manga versus the anime without even knowing what will happen.

Again, I haven't backtracked because like I said it was all different ways of speaking about the same people. The people who have unnecessary bias against the anime and treat the manga like it's a masterpiece compared to the anime.

As for the last one, I'm not seeing the problem. They felt that the anime rushed it and hopes the manga will do it better? Is this seriously the kinda stuff that's making you act this way in this thread? Because the exaggeration here is off the charts.
It's more than enough considering the amount of times things like this are said. I'm not the only one who's gotten tired of it.
Also, "acting this way". By mentioning that these people would prefer act like the mangas much better even with all these plot points missing? How horrible of me.

And another example was just given to me. How many people shat on toei for the kissing joke? People of course assuming anything bad is anime only.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:12 pm

ryou766 wrote:What. Is. Even. Happening there?

Holy shit, the rainy depressing atmosphere.
Looks like a flashback. Trunks probably telling stories of how Black said he's a god

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm
Location: A tree planted on a backward Pyramid

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:13 pm

ryou766 wrote:What. Is. Even. Happening there?

Holy shit, the rainy depressing atmosphere.
Black left Trunks live so that he becomes stronger, but he says next time he will kill him. (big mistake) :P
Last edited by Beerus-sama on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:13 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:
ryou766 wrote:What. Is. Even. Happening there?

Holy shit, the rainy depressing atmosphere.
Black left Trunks live, but he says next time he will kill him. :P
Strange.. Why would he do that? Well then again, this is the same guy who said having no one to oppose him would be boring.

User avatar
Boo Machine
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1928
Joined: Thu May 26, 2016 7:44 pm
Location: On the Track to NoWhere

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Boo Machine » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Pages like that are why I love comics. Also I find it funny that Black is still being shrouded in shadow like he is supposed to be hidden when his hair is such a dead give away. Though I suppose that could have been done for atmosphere.
SUBARASHII! - Goku Black

I am the Great Saiyaman! Defender of truth! Protector of the innocent! Upholder of justice! Doer of good!

To Infinity, then stop!

Anime are Cartoons.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:15 pm

Black is truly becoming a Saiyan, what with letting guys go just so he can fight them some more :clap:
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Post Reply