"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:18 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Black is truly becoming a Saiyan, what with letting guys go just so he can fight them some more :clap:
I wonder if this has something to do with the Saiyan cells from Goku's body? Zamasu wouldn't allow anymore mortal to live. If he has the chance, he'd end them on the spot.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:20 pm

ryou766 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Black is truly becoming a Saiyan, what with letting guys go just so he can fight them some more :clap:
I wonder if this has something to do with the Saiyan cells from Goku's body? Zamasu wouldn't allow anymore mortal to live. If he has the chance, he'd end them on the spot.
That's pretty much how I interpret it. Even his dialect becomes more Goku-esque at points plus his needless cruelty feels very much like what a Saiyan would do.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Beerus-sama
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1111
Joined: Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:41 pm
Location: A tree planted on a backward Pyramid

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Beerus-sama » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:22 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Black is truly becoming a Saiyan, what with letting guys go just so he can fight them some more :clap:
I wonder if this has something to do with the Saiyan cells from Goku's body? Zamasu wouldn't allow anymore mortal to live. If he has the chance, he'd end them on the spot.
That's pretty much how I interpret it. Even his dialect becomes more Goku-esque at points plus his needless cruelty feels very much like what a Saiyan would do.
Count me in with that theory. Goku's body made Zamasu a cool character. :D
Sleeping until the tournament is over.

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:23 pm

Beerus-sama wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
ryou766 wrote:
I wonder if this has something to do with the Saiyan cells from Goku's body? Zamasu wouldn't allow anymore mortal to live. If he has the chance, he'd end them on the spot.
That's pretty much how I interpret it. Even his dialect becomes more Goku-esque at points plus his needless cruelty feels very much like what a Saiyan would do.
Count me in with that theory. Goku's body made Zamasu a cool character. :D
I also agree that this is a thing. It's why he didn't become immortal too.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:24 pm

kinisking wrote: also agree that this is a thing. It's why he didn't become immortal too.
Could've gotten eternal youth :P

That's basically living forever without taking the risk of pain & death away.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:26 pm

Ajay wrote:The Volume 2 cover is absolutely out of this world. Huge props to Toyotaro:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Very impressed!
This is so misleading with Magetta-Boo, and Monaka- Magetta :lol: . Really great art though. Especially Kyabe. He looks amazing.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:26 pm

kinisking wrote:
Beerus-sama wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: That's pretty much how I interpret it. Even his dialect becomes more Goku-esque at points plus his needless cruelty feels very much like what a Saiyan would do.
Count me in with that theory. Goku's body made Zamasu a cool character. :D
I also agree that this is a thing. It's why he didn't become immortal too.
Pretty sure this was stated multiple times in the anime. It's also part of what caused Merged Zamasu's breakdown

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:29 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Did Goku and Vegeta meet Black high in the skies? Awesome. (scratch that, just noticed Goku and Vegeta are on the ground lol) I wonder why Black looks so nervous though..

Surely Vegeta and Goku are strong enough to topple Black since Black didn't get the power boost from Goku unlike in the anime?? Or will he attain Rose from his fight with Vegeta?
Last edited by ryou766 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:31 pm

For the unnecessary bias thing, I wasn't saying that you were correlating it to flaws. I said that you were correlating it to thinking the manga was far superior.

And, yes, your aggression does seem to be targeted against people who like the manga because several people here who like the manga have pointed out how your original sarcastic comment started this whole argument and derailed the thread.

Whether your mentally or physically it, it still means that you're calling it a masterpiece. Simple as that

As for the second quote, I agree with most of it. A lot of what the anime has done has been noncensical. Matter of fact, I think a user earlier pointed out that the manga has a more coherent storyline anyway. Anyways, I don't see the problem with the comment.

As for the third one, they are factually wrong, but I can't blame them considering that some things can feel more elaborated on when they actually seem good to the person.

As for the fourth one, the person most likely thinks that the manga's got a goos track record (as do I), so they're not really "blindly" assuming anything. It's a legitimate conjecture.

As for the backtracking, you have and you literally did it in the same paragraph that you said you didn't.
kinisking wrote: Again, I haven't backtracked because like I said it was all different ways of speaking about the same people. The people who have unnecessary bias against the anime and treat the manga like it's a masterpiece compared to the anime.
I thought it was acting like the manga was a masterpiece? Now it's treating it like it is? Acting and treating are two very different things.

Yes, yes it too much and you're exaggerating by a lot. Most of those quotes didn't have much wrong with them and you're acting like they just said the anime was trash.
Also, by "acting this way", I meant entering the thread and making that one baiting and sarcastic comment like there's apparently something wrong with liking the manga over the anime.

User avatar
sailorspazz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1208
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2004 8:55 pm
Location: ZamaBlack love shack
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by sailorspazz » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:36 pm

Only a few pages were posted by a user on Twitter so far, so obviously we're missing a lot of the content right now, but some highlights:

The "Gokuu never kissed" thing is actually even more blatant here; before we could reasonably interpret it as he thought Vegeta was talking about feeding someone mouth-to-mouth, but Vegeta specifies "kiss" in the dialogue!

Whis tells Gokuu about his angel status when they're going to meet with Omni-King. Also reveals that angels like him do not fight (so he's super strong but never fights? Is his role just to train, then?)

On that final page, Vegeta says he's excited to beat a guy who looks like Kakarrot. A bit surprised to see him taking inspiration from Gokuu's "wakuwaku" shtick :P
A veteran fan-girl past her prime
Host of Fujoshi Trash Talk at Anibros Creative podcast network
Twitter | Tumblr | Fanfics at fanfiction.net and ao3 | DeviantArt | YouTube

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:38 pm

sailorspazz wrote:Also reveals that angels like him do not fight (so he's super strong but never fights? Hmmm)..
I'm going to assume that because Angels are the guardians of Gods, they need the necessary strength to assist/stop them if said Gods ever became reckless. Like when Beerus began to destroy those small planets and Whis put him to sleep.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:38 pm

ryou766 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Did Goku and Vegeta meet Black high in the skies? Awesome. (scratch that, just noticed Goku and Vegeta are on the ground lol) I wonder why Black looks so nervous though..

Surely Vegeta and Goku are strong enough to topple Black since Black didn't get the power boost from Goku unlike in the anime?? Or will you he attain Rose from his fight with Vegeta?
Base Black is already God level in the manga, since SSJ2 Trunks is stronger than his anime self. He probably already has Rose.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7748
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noah » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:45 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Black is truly becoming a Saiyan, what with letting guys go just so he can fight them some more :clap:
As a matter of fact, only Goku was like that, Vegeta never spared his opponents (as I think most of Saiyans were like him)
sailorspazz wrote:The "Gokuu never kissed" thing is actually even more blatant here; before we could reasonably interpret it as he thought Vegeta was talking about feeding someone mouth-to-mouth, but Vegeta specifies "kiss" in the dialogue!
Oh, thank god! So that actually don't mean that Goku never kissed a girl? Like most Kanzenshuu-goers


About recent leaks:

What is happening here? Goku didn't meet Black in the main timeline, we are already going to the first trip to the Future?
Last edited by Noah on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

User avatar
kinisking
I Live Here
Posts: 4987
Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:21 pm
Location: United States.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by kinisking » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:45 pm

Bansho64 wrote:For the unnecessary bias thing, I wasn't saying that you were correlating it to flaws. I said that you were correlating it to thinking the manga was far superior.
And, yes, your aggression does seem to be targeted against people who like the manga because several people here who like the manga have pointed out how your original sarcastic comment started this whole argument and derailed the thread.
If people who like it took it the wrong way, that doesn't change the intention.
Whether your mentally or physically it, it still means that you're calling it a masterpiece. Simple as that
Again it's not about calling it or thinking of it as an actual masterpiece. It's thinking it's a master piece compared to the anime. A.K.A thinking it's way better than the anime.
As for the second quote, I agree with most of it. A lot of what the anime has done has been noncensical. Matter of fact, I think a user earlier pointed out that the manga has a more coherent storyline anyway. Anyways, I don't see the problem with the comment.
It has a more coherent storyline but I wouldn't say the anime's is nonsensical in comparison.
As for the third one, they are factually wrong, but I can't blame them considering that some things can feel more elaborated on when they actually seem good to the person.

As for the fourth one, the person most likely thinks that the manga's got a goos track record (as do I), so they're not really "blindly" assuming anything. It's a legitimate conjecture.
I disagree but not much to argue.
As for the backtracking, you have and you literally did it in the same paragraph that you said you didn't.
kinisking wrote: Again, I haven't backtracked because like I said it was all different ways of speaking about the same people. The people who have unnecessary bias against the anime and treat the manga like it's a masterpiece compared to the anime.
I thought it was acting like the manga was a masterpiece? Now it's treating it like it is? Acting and treating are two very different things.
FFS since the beginning I've been trying to tell you that what I bolded isn't what I've been trying to say. I've said since the beginning they're treating like it is. I literally even said something along the lines of acting and treating are different things! READ!
Yes, yes it too much and you're exaggerating by a lot. Most of those quotes didn't have much wrong with them and you're acting like they just said the anime was trash.
Also, by "acting this way", I meant entering the thread and making that one baiting and sarcastic comment like there's apparently something wrong with liking the manga over the anime.
These quotes do have a lot wrong with them imo. Of course you don't think they'res a lot wrong with them. If you did, then you would have made a similar comment as me. I admit (for the second time), that my original comment made it seem like there was something wrong with liking the manga over the anime. I only find it wrong if they're acting like it's much better. I've emphasized this on every post since. I'm tired of this conversation.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:48 pm

Did they meet Zamasu in this chapter? If they didn't, this all but guarantees Black is gonna force them to retreat to the past. Then they'll meet past Zamasu, Beerus kills him, they get the Mafuba and return to the future, fusion both sides, same ending.

User avatar
ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7862
Joined: Thu Nov 20, 2014 8:27 am
Location: Split, Croatia

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:51 pm

Noah wrote:About recent leaks:

What is happening here? Goku didn't meet Black in the main timeline, we are already going to the first trip to the Future?
We don't have the full chapter but Black vs Goku isn't happening in the present. Since Black is implied to be SSGod tier already, he probably has Rose unlocked.
OLKv3 wrote:Did they meet Zamasu in this chapter? If they didn't, this all but guarantees Black is gonna force them to retreat to the past. Then they'll meet past Zamasu, Beerus kills him, they get the Mafuba and return to the future, fusion both sides, same ending.
They probably won't discover who Zamasu even is until the Future one appears.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

User avatar
Bansho64
I Live Here
Posts: 2034
Joined: Fri Dec 25, 2015 12:59 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Bansho64 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:56 pm

Alright, I'm getting tired of this, so I'm just gonna cut a shortcut and join two of these points together because they both have the same issue with them
kinisking wrote: Again it's not about calling it or thinking of it as an actual masterpiece. It's thinking it's a master piece compared to the anime. A.K.A thinking it's way better than the anime.
FFS since the beginning I've been trying to tell you that what I bolded isn't what I've been trying to say. I've said since the beginning they're treating like it is. I literally even said something along the lines of acting and treating are different things! READ!
You're original statement was this,
kinisking wrote: Because there are people going in the anime threads and trying to act like the manga is a master piece in comparison.
which you've changed constantly over the course of this convo. But, yeah, it wasn't what you were trying to say at the beginning. Because it was literally what you said at the beginning. If you don't want people getting confused about what you're points are, don't keep changing them and keep consistency. Especially before launching a personal attack at me about my reading. Heck, at one point, you said people were making it seem like the manga is a masterpiece.
Yes, yes it too much and you're exaggerating by a lot. Most of those quotes didn't have much wrong with them and you're acting like they just said the anime was trash.
kinisking wrote:I'm tired of this conversation.
So am I. This is going nowhere and I don't wanna drink up the thread with negativity when a new chapter for the manga just came. If you'd like, we can either end this here or discuss it in P.Ms. I'd rather do the latter but it's your choice.
Last edited by Bansho64 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13037
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:57 pm

So when will we be seeing our lord and saviour Toyotaro as he saves us from the shackles of anime lunacy, with his supreme ultimate perfect not at all flawed version of the manga. I light a candle every night and pray to him, our dragon ball god, to save Dragon Ball Super.
Last edited by dbzfan7 on Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
ryou766
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1364
Joined: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ryou766 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 9:58 pm

Anyone else hoping the way Vegeta is done in will be different in the manga? I'd hate to see a rehash.
dbzfan7 wrote:So when will we be seeing our lord and saviour Toyotaro as he saves us from the shackles of anime lunacy, with his supreme ultimate perfect not at all flawed version of the manga. I light a candle every night and pray to him, our dragon ball god, to save Dragon Ball Super.
Someone take a picture of Zamasu saying "Praise me, revere me!" and replace his face with Toyotaro's.

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1667
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 10:03 pm

The fight will definitely be different since the manga does usually win in choreography, but he's prob still gonna get impaled

Post Reply