"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Basako
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Basako » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:47 pm

I think this chapter will be shorter, it doesn't look like it's gonna be about 40 pages like other times. But I'm liking what I see.

So SSR is gone in the manga. That's the most relevant part, no doubt. I could never really get a satisfactory explanation for this new colour. It didn't look bad, but... Plot is more important to me, so I'm fine with the change. It's Goku's body, Goku's body transforms to blonde, not rose. It's fine.

I prefer the power scaling for what I've seen. In fact, there is a power scaling. Black can't match a SSB Vegeta, so he needs to scale. I think he'll fuse next chapter and he'll kick back harder. Still waiting to see what will happen with Trunks. SSR for Black is different, I'm sure his whatever it was in the anime will be different too.

The death of Zamasu in Goku's timeline, there is an image of him with the ki sword ready to attack, but he has no chance against Beerus. What a fool.
Heno heno kappa!

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Thu Dec 15, 2016 7:47 pm

If you guys want to debate character strengths, take it to the DBS Power Levels thread. Please, and thank you.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:05 pm

So, Black seems to have regular Super Saiyan, and perhaps Super Saiyan 2 as well (it's not clear so far with the available scans). We know that it is impossible for Black to become a Super Saiyan God, so maybe in the manga Super Saiyan Rose is gonna be a weaker version of Super Saiyan Blue without Super Saiyan God, but it will bring him on SSB Goku's & Vegeta's level because of base Black's high power (he is much stronger than SS3 Goku). That way, SSR will remain exclusive to Black, and we will finally have an explanation of what exactly SSR is.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

THEGOKU
Regular

Post by THEGOKU » Thu Dec 15, 2016 8:53 pm

Not sure how I feel about the no Rose. I understand the manga needing to be different because otherwise you are getting the same exact thing you see first in the anime. I have to believe that what is going on is that Vegeta is going to be the cause of Rose. If not if Zamasu just shows up, they fuse and that's it game over this was very anticlimactic and honestly a lame way for this whole arc to be done. But I'll give the benefit of the doubt.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Thu Dec 15, 2016 9:55 pm

buutenks wrote:http://i.imgur.com/Lp11oIC.jpg -ssj2 hair

http://i.imgur.com/Lil6Yd8.jpg - Black is starting to feint, so his hair is dropping from ssj2 to ssj1.
My Saiyan Cac in Xenoverse 2 after getting stamina broken and comboed and bounced to hell and back across the map
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:26 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, Black seems to have regular Super Saiyan, and perhaps Super Saiyan 2 as well (it's not clear so far with the available scans).
This definitely looks like SS2 to me.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Retired.

Venus
Beyond Newbie

Post by Venus » Thu Dec 15, 2016 11:57 pm

Toyotaro's Ssj Goku Black looks kinda Zaiko'ish to me, I like it :lol:

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:29 am

But the problem is that his hair is like that in one panel apparently. We won't know if he has Super Saiyan 2 for sure until the leak of all the pages.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Fri Dec 16, 2016 12:33 am

Grimlock wrote:But the problem is that his hair is like that in one panel apparently. We won't know if he has Super Saiyan 2 for sure until the leak of all the pages.
Have you ever tried to draw SS2 hair before? Regular SS hair is much easier, especially for Toyotaro, who's independent style isn't very good. Speaking of, many Toyotaro panels are traced from old Toriyama drawings. I think those 2 things more than account for the difference.
Retired.

supersaiyangodgogeta
Regular

Post by supersaiyangodgogeta » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:23 am

To my knowledge, Future Zamasu has the Time Ring in the manga and Black does not. That makes me think that their roles are reversed in the manga.
Black being Future Zamasu and the Zamasu in this chapter being the one from the present.

fexus
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Fri Dec 16, 2016 3:30 am

Looks like the manga is really intent to ruin the characters and strength of Black and Zamasu. Really do wonder why Toyotaro didn't just past zoom through this. He isn't making this arc any better.
I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
Your weakness is your strength.
Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

Will
Beyond Newbie

Post by Will » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:18 am

He could just go Rosé in the next chapter, no need to worry too soon.

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:23 am

fexus wrote:Looks like the manga is really intent to ruin the characters and strength of Black and Zamasu. Really do wonder why Toyotaro didn't just past zoom through this. He isn't making this arc any better.
Lol because black isn't stupid op? F Zamasu is looking like gold btw. Manga has been great. Rose was trash palette swap of a palette swap, get over it.

TheDevilsCorpse

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:45 am

Abra kadabra wrote:Lol because black isn't stupid op? F Zamasu is looking like gold btw. Manga has been great. Rose was trash palette swap of a palette swap, get over it.
This wasn't too bad, right up until the end. That's not an acceptable way to converse with fellow members. Keep things civil and respectful.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Fri Dec 16, 2016 5:54 am

TheDevilsCorpse wrote:
Abra kadabra wrote:Lol because black isn't stupid op? F Zamasu is looking like gold btw. Manga has been great. Rose was trash palette swap of a palette swap, get over it.
This wasn't too bad, right up until the end. That's not an acceptable way to converse with fellow members. Keep things civil and respectful.
Sorry bruh

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Fri Dec 16, 2016 9:30 am

Wow. Dud not to like my expectations. He's really taking his time! I don't know how I feel about regular super saiyan. I love how he did Majin vegeta like lines under his eyes. The anime should have done that.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:22 am

Whats going on, was that SSJ or SSJR? if so then did this boy just go SSJR2? seems Black's a pushover in the manga unlike the anime where he owned literally everyone till he fused with Zamasu, he ended in a high note.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:33 am

fexus wrote:Looks like the manga is really intent to ruin the characters and strength of Black and Zamasu. Really do wonder why Toyotaro didn't just past zoom through this. He isn't making this arc any better.
Have you read the fully chapter? Where can I find it?

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:47 am

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:So, Black seems to have regular Super Saiyan, and perhaps Super Saiyan 2 as well (it's not clear so far with the available scans). We know that it is impossible for Black to become a Super Saiyan God, so maybe in the manga Super Saiyan Rose is gonna be a weaker version of Super Saiyan Blue without Super Saiyan God, but it will bring him on SSB Goku's & Vegeta's level because of base Black's high power (he is much stronger than SS3 Goku). That way, SSR will remain exclusive to Black, and we will finally have an explanation of what exactly SSR is.
i always said black could become ssj rose which is ssj blue because he mixed the god ki (zamazu) with goku's mortal ki creating that ssj god mutation form. I'm not sure why it's not the same in the manga

DBZ Macky
Advanced Regular

Post by DBZ Macky » Fri Dec 16, 2016 11:14 am

I was just re-reading the Manga and I noticed something, Pan is already a Super Saiyan in Toyotarou's version.
Isn't every black haired person's hair always inked in the Manga?
I think this might be intentional.

The image is from Chapter 7 by the way.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote:You're in the DB community, it's always a power level thread to someone.