"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Abra kadabra
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:11 pm

It's weird how the manga fans are incapable of praising the manga without shitting on the anime or directly comparing them. They can't defend the manga without directly comparing them either. It's really weird :lol:

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:13 pm

Clearly Goku was show the Hakai; he apologies to Beerus in his inner monologue to when he called the technique dangerous, making a reference to a previous conversation where it's clear Beerus showed him and Vegeta(since he recognizes it) the technique.

A technique is only exclusive if it's been referenced as such. This is not the case, people are basing their criticism on their own head-cannon. Goku and everyone in all of the Universes have the capability to learn the Hakai as it stands.

Now, not to say that the attack isn't a surprise out of nowhere. It is. But so is Vegeta's new attack and nobody said anything about it. Or the various times characters pull new attacks in Dragon Ball, which is often and many times in the same context as here. They learnt it/copied it from someone else.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:17 pm

I mostly agree with that, it was good to see Trunks help, but I think I'd be more satisfied if it actually killed Black, while Zamasu alone turned back into the merged form and started cloning around. It might not make much sense that way, but Trunks deserves it, dammit.
Who knows if the Black we saw in this chapter even was Black. Seeing how all of that can convert into Gattai Zamasu it is more logical that the guy Trunks stabbed was Gattai Zamasu just looking like Black because of the component itself. Watashi wa yuuitsu no kami da, just as Gattai Zamasu said. He is the result. Their beings should be gone.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:26 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Goku's hakai isn't BS at all. He can use god ki, and if you forgot, he learned Kamehameha in an instant after seeing Roshi do it. Since the start of Super? How about Trunks learning the Mafuba from a phone video in 5 minutes?
Unlike Goku/Vegeta, we see FT Trunks learning about that technique on-screen and he used his strongest form to pull it off.
With Goku's hakai, I'm supposed to believe there was time here Beerus casually talked about the most OP technique of franchise by whatever reason, because Goku never saw it on-screen in the manga and yet Goku/Vegeta know about it.

How about FT Trunks doing the Taiyoken in the manga?! Something he says he learnt from FT Gohan even though no Gohan in any timeline did ever use Taiyoken...
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:33 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:Goku's hakai isn't BS at all. He can use god ki, and if you forgot, he learned Kamehameha in an instant after seeing Roshi do it. Since the start of Super? How about Trunks learning the Mafuba from a phone video in 5 minutes?
Unlike Goku/Vegeta, we see FT Trunks learning about that technique on-screen and he used his strongest form to pull it off.
With Goku's hakai, I'm supposed to believe there was time here Beerus casually talked about the most OP technique of franchise by whatever reason, because Goku never saw it on-screen in the manga and yet Goku/Vegeta know about it.

How about FT Trunks doing the Taiyoken in the manga?! Something he says he learnt from FT Gohan even though no Gohan in any timeline did ever use Taiyoken...
Future Trunks did the Taiyoken the exact same way Krillin did on Namek. It's a callback. Gohan learned it from Krillin, and used it that way against the Androids and such. Trunks picked up on it
DBS is full of callbacks, you guys need to re-read the original manga, the anime and manga are full of callbacks.
Also, there's no defending the Mafuba segment. It took Goku a whole day. Trunks learned it in 3 minutes. It was stupid as hell.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:35 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Also, there's no defending the Mafuba segment. It took Goku a whole day. Trunks learned it in 3 minutes. It was stupid as hell.
Yes, there is a defending of the Mafuba segment. Saint Gokuu is not the only one who is a good learner. Nothing forbids Trunks can pull off that thing.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:40 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Also, there's no defending the Mafuba segment. It took Goku a whole day. Trunks learned it in 3 minutes. It was stupid as hell.
Took Goku a day to learn to aim it correctly, he had no trouble actually performing the technique. Trunks had Mai to help him aim when he used it on Zamasu. People act as if Trunks DIDN'T have help when he initially sealed Zamasu

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jun 18, 2017 1:45 pm

I don't know why everyone is wanting to rush the manga i want Toyotaro to explain everything fully. Also I love how this arc went in the manga so far, Trunk's sword being broke is a sign that the spirit bomb sword will be happening? Anyways, Fused Zamasu is multiplying just like Black did in the anime. I also think that since Fused Zamasu was unnaturally split that he may not have a conscious anymore. None of them have spoke, not even when Black fist came back, I think they've bonded on some kind of cell level and because they were unnaturally split by Trunks, it might have destroyed something. (Mind perhaps). I still think Zen-Oh will end this arc though.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:03 pm

Ok chapter,it had amazing artwork,great atmosphere and amazing figthing choreography but man this feels kinda drawn out, Toyo could have fit this chapter with the last one,mz is silly imo and hakai needed a better explanation, but it had some positive like trunks slicing mz in half, and vegeta new attack despite a lame ​rethread of that's my Bulma
    Is a 7 in my book but Toyo needs to end this right now
    Mostly active on discord.

Cetra
    I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:04 pm

Xeztin wrote:I don't know why everyone is wanting to rush the manga i want Toyotaro to explain everything fully. Also I love how this arc went in the manga so far, Trunk's sword being broke is a sign that the spirit bomb sword will be happening? Anyways, Fused Zamasu is multiplying just like Black did in the anime. I also think that since Fused Zamasu was unnaturally split that he may not have a conscious anymore. None of them have spoke, not even when Black fist came back, I think they've bonded on some kind of cell level and because they were unnaturally split by Trunks, it might have destroyed something. (Mind perhaps). I still think Zen-Oh will end this arc though.
    A consciousness is a psychological instance to perceive reality. He definitely has a consciousness. What you mean is the next level. A sense of self, the Freudian Ego. But I understand why you would say consciousness. I also use them synonymously often when talking about existence because they are linked and very often say "consciousness" when talking about the "consciousness and existence as a person/the existence of the individual person", the self-awareness.
    "Citation needed."
    "too lazy

fexus
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:15 pm

You wouldn't see this much defending from this website if the anime made the same problem as the manga. It's really stupefying. People need to understand that this hakai technique isn't just some random blast. This technique literally erase the person. No soul no nothing. It's not weird for a GoD to know this because destruction and all but a mortal. Even with god ki, that doesn't mean it should be possible. The kaioshin clearly can't. For example, this week episode in the anime shows that GoD can give the hakai energy. Meaning that the energy is somewhat different. Not just any old ki ball. The hakai energy ki ball. Saying they can just learn god techniques is like saying Trunks can heal just because he learn with the kaioshin. That sounds stupid as hell.
    I ask thou, WHY MUST IT BE ME?
    Your weakness is your strength.
    Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

FortuneSSJ
    Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
    Took Goku a day to learn to aim it correctly, he had no trouble actually performing the technique. Trunks had Mai to help him aim when he used it on Zamasu. People act as if Trunks DIDN'T have help when he initially sealed Zamasu
    Not only that. Goku trained the move in his base form. FT Trunks used his strongest form to pull it off.
    Last edited by FortuneSSJ on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:22 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
    Cetra wrote:
    Yes, there is a defending of the Mafuba segment. Saint Gokuu is not the only one who is a good learner. Nothing forbids Trunks can pull off that thing.
    Lol BS. It took Trunks 3 minutes to not only learn it correctly, but to also aim it correctly. It's an asspull. Get outta here with that "It's ok for the anime to do them but bad for the manga to do them" attitudes
    The double standards here are so annoying

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:25 pm

fexus wrote:You wouldn't see this much defending from this website if the anime made the same problem as the manga. It's really stupefying.
    Cut the crap. The anime gets defended by it's fans just as much, hell people still make up excuses for Black's random zenkais and "I'll pull this scythe from my hands" ability.
    Genki Dama Sword still gets fandom explanations, anything weird with anime SSB gets fandom explanations, the horrible Zamasu is the universe thing to this day gets defended
    Like I said, the double standards need to stop

fexus
    Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:26 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
    fexus wrote:You wouldn't see this much defending from this website if the anime made the same problem as the manga. It's really stupefying.
    Cut the crap. The anime gets defended by it's fans just as much, hell people still make up excuses for Black's random zenkais and "I'll pull this scythe from my hands" ability.
    Genki Dama Sword still gets fandom explanations, anything weird with anime SSB gets fandom explanations, the horrible Zamasu is the universe thing to this day gets defended
    Not from this website you don't. Other place sure but this place like to appropriately shame the anime for ever existing.
    Are you reading this? If you are, I just want to let you know that I'm a GREAT GUY. :lol:

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm

fexus wrote:
    OLKv3 wrote:
    Not from this website you don't.
    Now you're flat out lying. Ok so we're doing this.
    I mean, in this very thread people are defending the anime. How can you possibly say this with a straight face lol?
    Last edited by OLKv3 on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Abra kadabra
    Beyond Newbie

Post by Abra kadabra » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:28 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
    Dbzk1999 wrote:
    Cetra wrote:
    Lol BS. It took Trunks 3 minutes to not only learn it correctly, but to also aim it correctly. It's an asspull. Get outta here with that "It's ok for the anime to do them but bad for the manga to do them" attitudes
    The double standards here are so annoying
    Goku learnt it as fast as trunks and was only practicing the aiming. Mai helped trunks with the aiming. Why bother quoting if your gonna ignore everything in the post?

The gr
    I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:31 pm

I forgot to mention,mz feels too much like super buu,he is lame,I prefer him in the anime,even though he's also kinda lame but at least he didn't remind me of super buu and he didn't play with his food
      Since toyotaro is giving vegeta new things,he better use SSG and the new final flash variation in the Top
      Last edited by The gr on Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Mostly active on discord.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:36 pm

I thought everything about Zamasu in general was handled much better in the anime. He's a very weak villain in the manga, and this chapter was the first time he truly felt threatening imo. Though by this point it doesn't even really seem like it's him anymore, just like the sky face didn't really feel like him. They had no dialogue so it's like they're fighting his evil personified instead of Zamasu himself
      I hope they explain it well because I didn't like the explanation for how Zamasu was able to fight against the defusion

fexus
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by fexus » Sun Jun 18, 2017 2:38 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Now you're flat out lying. Ok so we're doing this.
      I mean, in this very thread people are defending the anime. How can you possibly say this with a straight face lol?
      Oh so you've seen the threads. The only thing most people defended was that they like anime Black and Zamasu. Besides that, Trunks, Goku and the whole arc was not so welcomed. Than the manga came out and people keep saying that this is how the anime should be. Sure there might be some people defending the anime but that's only a handful. Yeah, I can say that with a straight face seeing how much you guys are defending this chapter.