"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:57 am

The gr wrote:Then I'm confused why is everyone saying ssb have no drawback and it had ki control and isn't the concept of ssb is preventing your ki from leaking
No one ever said it has no drawbacks, and Ki control was only a necessary aspect of Blue in the TV show, not the movies or manga, though Toyotaro has introduced the concept of a Perfected Blue, which is based on Ki control.
Retired.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:10 am

The gr wrote:Then I'm confused why is everyone saying ssb have no drawback and it had ki control and isn't the concept of ssb is preventing your ki from leaking
The "preventing ki from leaking" was only from when Goku and Vegeta were training inside Whis's staff, it's got nothing with blue.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:14 am

Sandubadear wrote:
The "preventing ki from leaking" was only from when Goku and Vegeta were training inside Whis's staff, it's got nothing with blue.
I'm pretty sure there's an implication that it does have to do with godly power,, but can't be bothered to go check right now.
Retired.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 7:04 am

I know people hate the fact Toyotaro overemphasizes how flawed Blue is but after this last episode, I at least can give him credit for keeping that a consistent element whereas the anime just flip flops between Blue being the best thing ever to it apparently being too costly to use much. Even though Goku uses it about 5 times in the time span of the exhibition matches & recruitment stuff THEN uses it twice at the actual battle royale at points where it's wholly unnecessary.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Sun Jul 09, 2017 9:56 am

It is a mess right now since Goku was mocking Golden Frieza for losing so much stamina while using the form.

BWri
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by BWri » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:31 am

ekrolo2 wrote:I know people hate the fact Toyotaro overemphasizes how flawed Blue is but after this last episode, I at least can give him credit for keeping that a consistent element whereas the anime just flip flops between Blue being the best thing ever to it apparently being too costly to use much. Even though Goku uses it about 5 times in the time span of the exhibition matches & recruitment stuff THEN uses it twice at the actual battle royale at points where it's wholly unnecessary.
Good observation. This is exactly what's wrong with Blue in the anime and I suspected that it would work its way towards what Toyotaro is doing. The way I see it now, Toyotaro has been planting a lot of seeds in the manga for major plot points to come and he's been doing that much better than Toei.
Big fan of the characters of Dragon Ball, all of them, especially formerly prominent sub-characters. -__-

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:08 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:I know people hate the fact Toyotaro overemphasizes how flawed Blue is but after this last episode, I at least can give him credit for keeping that a consistent element whereas the anime just flip flops between Blue being the best thing ever to it apparently being too costly to use much. Even though Goku uses it about 5 times in the time span of the exhibition matches & recruitment stuff THEN uses it twice at the actual battle royale at points where it's wholly unnecessary.
No matter how stupid people can find SSJB manga/SSJG combination, at least the manga SHOWED that Blue is actually straining. No matter how dumb anyone can think about how it's handled, it still at least knew the basis of showing said fault. Meanwhile the anime says there is some sort of weakness, but it never comes into play...ever. The only time it did, was with Super Saiyan Blue Kaioken X10, which is far above just regular Blue. Regular Blue never shows any sense of being a problem to use in combat in the anime. If they never mentioned there was an energy strain, no one would think there even was one.

Hell the icing on the cake is literally people forgot about it being mentioned way back in Universe 6 tournament, because it's been so inconsequential and never really came into play as a real draw back :lol:.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:17 pm

As I mentioned in the other thread, I'm not sure that the two mediums are the same in regards to Blue's drawback -- in the manga, the form's strength actually starts to decline considerably just moments after going into it, whereas the anime at least just seems to treat it as a standard stamina drain akin to the regular Super Saiyan forms.

Alternatively, if this was something that stemmed from Toriyama's script, then there's just a clear lack of communication somewhere on Toei's side and that's definitely not good.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Sun Jul 09, 2017 12:42 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:It is a mess right now since Goku was mocking Golden Frieza for losing so much stamina while using the form.
Wasn't it the same case with Full Power Frieza and the original Super Saiyan? Frieza was burning through his stamina/ki so fast he was done in less than 10 minutes.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:21 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
Shinda Forever wrote:It is a mess right now since Goku was mocking Golden Frieza for losing so much stamina while using the form.
Wasn't it the same case with Full Power Frieza and the original Super Saiyan? Frieza was burning through his stamina/ki so fast he was done in less than 10 minutes.
SS only has a weakness in dialogue but the series itself, much like anime Blue, never actually shows it. Goku uses KKX20 AND the Spirit Bomb before using SS then he fights Freeza to the death, flips SS on and off and there's 0 strain or stamina loss to him using SS despite the fact he's in less than optimal conditions before he even gets the thing. Vegeta and Trunks can flip SS on and off and use it fine before mastering it too.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:32 pm

Man looking at this chapter,it was a hell of fun re reading it, just looks at this fight[spoiler]Image Image Image Image Image Image[/spoiler]Damn these panel are really good, Toyo is not the most talented writer but Man he's a beast on making action scene and if the anime disappointed me with The Top,I'm glad I have Toyo because he could deliver a consistent and streamlined story with a bit of bs and he could deliver awesome action scene
Mostly active on discord.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:37 pm

It still makes no sense why Goku Black and Zamasu defuse for not being a full Kaioshin. Won't Elder Kaioshin defuse after fusing a Witch also.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:08 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:It still makes no sense why Goku Black and Zamasu defuse for not being a full Kaioshin. Won't Elder Kaioshin defuse after fusing a Witch also.
Old Kaioshin has the rank Kaioshin, so the fusion is permanent. Neither Zamasu has that rank, so they separate. Come on, these things are easy to deduce. Why does everyone stay confused?
Retired.

Basako
Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Mon Jul 10, 2017 11:35 am

Jinzoningen MULE wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:It still makes no sense why Goku Black and Zamasu defuse for not being a full Kaioshin. Won't Elder Kaioshin defuse after fusing a Witch also.
Old Kaioshin has the rank Kaioshin, so the fusion is permanent. Neither Zamasu has that rank, so they separate. Come on, these things are easy to deduce. Why does everyone stay confused?
Yeah, at least he was the Kaioshin when he fused, which made the fusion permanent.
Heno heno kappa!

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Mon Jul 10, 2017 12:07 pm

This user pointed out that, just like in Toriyama's manga, Toyotarou makes evil characters talk in angular bubbles, while good characters' bubbles are rounded. By this logic, Zen'ou, the Grand Priest and the angels are considered "good" and the Gods of Destruction are considered "evil". Also, just like with Toriyama, characters that once were evil and are now good remain with angular bubbles (Vegeta, Piccolo, etc), the exception being Boo in the 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai. Zamasu goes from rounded to angular.

Do note that this "trend" started in the Freeza arc so you won't see that before.

He also found two differences between the V-Jump chapters and the tankoubon: Zen'ou's button now has the button in the back and there's a dialogue difference when Whis meets Gowasu.

Before

Whis: I am pleased in seeing you seem to be doing well, Gowasu-sama.
Gowasu: Hahaha, it has been a long time since I have been called that name.

After

Whis: I am pleased in seeing you seem to be doing well, Kaioushin-sama of the 10th Universe.
Gowasu: Hahaha, I don't mind being called Gowasu like in the past.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Tue Jul 11, 2017 6:54 pm

People are expecting to the next chapter be the finale of this arc, I'm one of these people. Hope it turns out to be true, next week.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Tue Jul 11, 2017 7:47 pm

alakazam^ wrote:This user pointed out that, just like in Toriyama's manga, Toyotarou makes evil characters talk in angular bubbles, while good characters' bubbles are rounded. By this logic, Zen'ou, the Grand Priest and the angels are considered "good" and the Gods of Destruction are considered "evil". Also, just like with Toriyama, characters that once were evil and are now good remain with angular bubbles (Vegeta, Piccolo, etc), the exception being Boo in the 28th Tenkaichi Budoukai. Zamasu goes from rounded to angular.

Do note that this "trend" started in the Freeza arc so you won't see that before.

He also found two differences between the V-Jump chapters and the tankoubon: Zen'ou's button now has the button in the back and there's a dialogue difference when Whis meets Gowasu.

Before

Whis: I am pleased in seeing you seem to be doing well, Gowasu-sama.
Gowasu: Hahaha, it has been a long time since I have been called that name.

After

Whis: I am pleased in seeing you seem to be doing well, Kaioushin-sama of the 10th Universe.
Gowasu: Hahaha, I don't mind being called Gowasu like in the past.
I just saw this on /a/, that's pretty cool

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:45 am

What chapter and page is this?

Hint: if you can't find it shut up

Shinda Forever
Temporarily Banned

Post by Shinda Forever » Wed Jul 12, 2017 6:48 am

Namz wrote:

Page? It was in the movie.

Quantum-Kakarrotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Quantum-Kakarrotto » Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:34 pm

Shinda Forever wrote:
Namz wrote:

Page? It was in the movie.
I think what they're referring to is that since the Resurrection F portion was never done in the DBS Manga, Goku mocking Golden Freeza about losing stamina is not canon to the events of the DBS Manga. So your comment on it isn't a mess for the manga.