"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Totamo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 11:57 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Totamo wrote:Is this suppose to be the exhibition match of the manga? Because if it is, there is no way, Toei would have been able to animate that.

But we spent 5 episodes on that shit, man. Please don't tell me it was filler, I will be so upset!!!
The word "filler" doesn't exist in Dragon Ball Super. Just watch Hit's fight vs Dyspo and Kunshi, he used the same techniques he used on Goku.
Who told you filler doesn't exist in canon?

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:00 pm

IMO i would have prefer to see the 8 strongest warriors from the universe that are participating like
    U2:Ribrianne,U3: Nigrisshi or Paparoni,U4:Ganos,U6:Hit,U7:Goku,U9: Bergamo,U10: Murichim or Obuni,U11:Toppo
      Because I prefer the exempted gods to be a mystery and it will be a great way to introduce the other Universe but I guess a rumble between gods is neat
      Last edited by Spider-Man on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Whatever
      Regular

Post by Whatever » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:03 pm

sintzu wrote:
      In the anime's Champa arc he looked like nothing when Goku used the Kaioken while in the manga they made it clear he could've handled Hit if he didn't waste Blue on Cabba.
      I know as i said before,again how was he treated badly in the anime?
      In the end he still got 3 eliminations,Piccolo got jackshit,Goku only got 1 victory and 2 losses so in the end Goku lost to Hit as well.
      In the Zamasu arc he was owned left and right form start to finish while in the manga he beat Black twice and was the one who destroyed Zamasu's bodies before they multiplied.
      Yes i know,the manga villains are pathetic.Also in the anime everybody(and by everybody i mean Goku,Vegeta,Trunks)got owned by black left and right.
      In the current arc he's done nothing worth mentioning while in the manga he fought Berrus and got a hit in.
      He has the most eliminations out of all 8 universal teams,how much more do you want?Will you not be satisfied untill he beats Jirren?
      Because i am pretty sure every other character at this point has done a lot less than him.
      Him landing a hit on Beerus is nothing new either,he has done this in BOG as well.

alakazam^
      I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:06 pm

HeroR wrote:When Black went Rose in the anime, he said "how do you like the color, isn't it human". Nothing about divine ki being within him when his line is similar to Golden Freeza.
      Nothing about choosing the color as well. Freeza implied he did but Black didn't, he just "asked" a question.

I didn't say there was any line in the anime explaining the hair color (even implicitly), I said it was a logical conclusion to make, which the manga confirmed. Even so, what the manga offered was an hypothesis, which we, being out-of-universe, can take as the actual answer.

TheDipDap1234
      Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by TheDipDap1234 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:10 pm

[spoiler]Image
      Image[/spoiler]
      Gowasu's number 1 fan.

Basako
      Advanced Regular

Post by Basako » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:14 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:[spoiler]Image
      Image[/spoiler]
      Man, could it be a six on six fight? Awesome! Wait, but Vermuth attacks Sidra, who looked to be inside his barrier.
      Heno heno kappa!

SaiyanGod117
      Advanced Regular

Post by SaiyanGod117 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Totamo wrote:
      SaiyanGod117 wrote:I really don't like that Beerus is that strong.
      Uhhhhh why?
      Candidly speaking, it narrows the scope and mystique of the other Gods of Destruction, and it doesn't make much sense to me.
      Last edited by SaiyanGod117 on Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Namz
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:28 pm

Basako wrote:
      TheDipDap1234 wrote:[spoiler]Image
      Image[/spoiler]
      Man, could it be a six on six fight? Awesome! Wait, but Vermuth attacks Sidra, who looked to be inside his barrier.
      I don't understand nothing and why Beerus hated so much the robot god

LightBing
      I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:35 pm

People don't jump to conclusions with very, very limited information... :? Why does this happen every month?
      And there's complains about how Goku never learns in the series, seems hyper realistic behaviour based on this thread.

Anyway, the concept of having the Hakaishins in the exhibitions matches is great. Let's see how it goes. I want to know more about them and their Universes.

Hellspawn28
      Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:48 pm

I hope we find out who is the strongest GoD. I still think Sidra is probably the weakest since they did hint of him hardly able to destroy anything and Roh mention that Freeza is a better GoD than him.
      She/Her
      PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
      LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Noah
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:52 pm

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Wow, this sucks! Why have Beerus dodge the other Gods punchs like they're no big deal? Didn't Whis said the other Gods were more "agressive" than him or that was just anime line? Either way, I don't like it. As ArchedThunder said I would enjoy more see Beerus even with these guys, maybe even struggling with some of them.
      lord turbo wrote:Hmmm...I liking this turn of events the manga has, better than the anime in my honest opinion.
      Pardon, but "turn of events"? Please, we had Gods battlings against each other in the anime too, the only difference in this is that were more Gods fighting themselves.
      Totamo wrote:
      Zamasu55 wrote:
      Totamo wrote:Is this suppose to be the exhibition match of the manga? Because if it is, there is no way, Toei would have been able to animate that. But we spent 5 episodes on that shit, man. Please don't tell me it was filler, I will be so upset!!!
      The word "filler" doesn't exist in Dragon Ball Super. Just watch Hit's fight vs Dyspo and Kunshi, he used the same techniques he used on Goku.
      Who told you filler doesn't exist in canon?
      Who told you guys that Super is canon? :)
      乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

lord turbo
      Beyond Newbie

Post by lord turbo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:05 pm

Noah wrote:Pardon, but "turn of events"? Please, we had Gods battlings against each other in the anime too, the only difference in this is that were more Gods fighting themselves.
      I mean I like the direction the manga appears to be heading in compared to the anime's take on things which I generally find inferior on average to the manga's take, that is what I meant, its all about execution to me really.

Duo
      I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:08 pm

Still no full chapter, still no translation, but the criticisms are already flying. Get serious, folks. This thread really shouldn't be treated as your verbal toilet.

dbzfan7
      Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm

Duo wrote:Still no full chapter, still no translation, but the criticisms are already flying. Get serious, folks. This thread really shouldn't be treated as your verbal toilet.
      Unfortunately somethings never change. No matter if it's the manga or anime thread.
      Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

sintzu
      Banned

Post by sintzu » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:12 pm

pacz360 wrote:He did that in BOG.

Black didn't overpower vegeta with another zenkai hell his scythe was blocked by vegeta.

Trunks asspulls were bad but I take that than him doing something than nothing of note in the manga.

Trunks in the anime took a shit on the notion of it being the goku and vegeta show
      True but that shouldn't take away from him doing it again with Beerus taking him seriously this time.

His clones did.

He did plenty in the manga such as rip Zamasu in half but unlike the anime it fit his power level.

Now it's the Goku show.
      Kanassa wrote:To say Vegeta was owned left and right in the Zamasu arc is outright false.
      He was made a fool by base Black then stabbed when he went Rose in their first fight. He did nothing but stand around during the 2nd fight. When he finally began to get the upper hand on their 3rd fight he pulled those clones out and owned him AGAIN. He did nothing against Merged Zamasu.
      July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TheMikado
      I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:13 pm

Hahaha the insanity this is causing is amazing.

Seeing people conflate anime only lines with manga lines seems to be causing the most confusion.

Either way I'm loving this, it looks like the GoDs aren't too set on loyalty lines either which makes this fight even more interesting.

alakazam^
      I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:13 pm

They are all fighting to see who's the strongest. They went after Beers for some reason but he used Champa as a decoy to attack five of them. Sidra was quick to raise a barrier but got hit by Vermoud since they are all opponents anyway and, he says, it's not the time to be helping each other.

This is from the pages posted here.

Edit: Oh, the last page of the chapter has the Grand Priest saying the real survival is just now starting. Don't read this as it being a life or death battle because I don't think it is but the battle between them is nowhere near over although something changed mid-battle (maybe a new rule? Beers looks nervous)
      Last edited by alakazam^ on Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Rhuagh
      Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:19 pm

This isn't just about power, it's Beerus's training by Whis. Moving your body without thinking. Whis just told Vegeta last chapter that he can defeat anyone if he master that. Beerus hasn't mastered it just yet, but he is Whis's most advanced student.

Some people have the memory of a fish.

Namz
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:23 pm

Noah wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Wow, this sucks! Why have Beerus dodge the other Gods punchs like they're no big deal? Didn't Whis said the other Gods were more "agressive" than him or that was just anime line? Either way, I don't like it. As ArchedThunder said I would enjoy more see Beerus even with these guys, maybe even struggling with some of them.
      That was an anime line. At least read the manga before complaining.

Duo
      I Live Here

Post by Duo » Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:27 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
      Duo wrote:Still no full chapter, still no translation, but the criticisms are already flying. Get serious, folks. This thread really shouldn't be treated as your verbal toilet.
      Unfortunately somethings never change. No matter if it's the manga or anime thread.
      I could just start using the "block" function again, but that doesn't improve the overall environment.

It seems like all of these scans must be coming from later in the chapter. If this is replacing the exhibition match, then I'm totally on board.