"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

IM21
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by IM21 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:44 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:I can't help but feel that this chapter sounds quite rushed going by the summary.
Feel the same here. I don't really mind the SSJ stuff from Caulifla being offscreen but Gohan and other Z fighters should have gotten at least a page or two. I guess the fact that Gohan has not been shown since the BOG chapters he won't really play a big part in the TOP.

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:52 pm

IM21 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:I can't help but feel that this chapter sounds quite rushed going by the summary.
Feel the same here. I don't really mind the SSJ stuff from Caulifla being offscreen but Gohan and other Z fighters should have gotten at least a page or two. I guess the fact that Gohan has not been shown since the BOG chapters he won't really play a big part in the TOP.
I guess his training in the Gravity Room at the end of the Future Trunks arc didn't amount to a whole lot either since Piccolo beats him into shape off-page here.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:59 pm

BlueBasilisk wrote:
IM21 wrote:
I guess his training in the Gravity Room at the end of the Future Trunks arc didn't amount to a whole lot either since Piccolo beats him into shape off-page here.
That is what really concerns me. The manga is being quite low-key with Gohan's return to prominence that I can't shake the feeling that he's going to underperform in the tournament.

New_Guy
Not-So-Newbie

Post by New_Guy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:15 am

With this chapter showing nothing of Gohan's return to power, I'm 100 % positive his ultimate form transformation will be way more epic. While I'm satisfied with his performance in the tournament thus far, I feel like with how many times he's flicked his ultimate state on and off (and some of the reused animation) it's become watered down. I'm confident he'll shine the way he needs too. I'm hyped because we have a new element of surprise for a good amount of characters besides just Gohan no doubt

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:17 am

New_Guy wrote:With this chapter showing nothing of Gohan's return to power, I'm 100 % positive his ultimate form transformation will be way more epic. While I'm satisfied with his performance in the tournament thus far, I feel like with how many times he's flicked his ultimate state on and off (and some of the reused animation) it's become watered down. I'm confident he'll shine the way he needs too. I'm hyped because we have a new element of surprise for a good amount of characters besides just Gohan no doubt
This... At least all the transformations (Gohan, Caulifla, Kale, ...) in the tournament should feel great.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:30 am

Just reading the summary of this chapter proves that once again Toei made a massive mistake of giving Caulifla ssj2 early
Also her and kale potrayal in the manga >>>>>> anime versions

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:42 am

pacz360 wrote:Just reading the summary of this chapter proves that once again Toei made a massive mistake of giving Caulifla ssj2 early
You personally not liking something doesn't make it a mistake.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:47 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
pacz360 wrote:Just reading the summary of this chapter proves that once again Toei made a massive mistake of giving Caulifla ssj2 early
You personally not liking something doesn't make it a mistake.
OK :problem: doesn't change my point of me seeing it as a mistake especially how toei went about it and portrayed her getting it

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:49 am

Like some things, but am overall underwhelmed from what I hear. Sounds like Cauliflowa and Kale might have been handled better, but everything else I mostly prefer the anime. This is coming from a manga supporter.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

micah007
Not-So-Newbie

Post by micah007 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:53 am

So far the only thing I don't like is Goku vs Freeza being offscreen.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:29 am

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:30 am

IM21 wrote:
mute_proxy wrote:
IM21 wrote:Caulifla wont go SSJ this chapter. At least thats what the guy with the v jump said. So it wouldn't surprise me if nextchapter is concentrated on other universes.
They're already leaving for the tournament in the last page
yea, U7 is leaving, not others.
you don't know that. and Herms already posted a Summary. She learns SS in this chapter.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:33 am

Lord Beerus wrote: Eh, it's been meh so far.
Have you played the beta yet?[/quote]
Yeah, and it hasn't really been an experience I'm chomping at the bit to play again. Maybe I just haven't played the right character, but it feels stiff and delayed in it's controls, the animation's off putting; but the music is awesome. I could listen to that intro all day.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Kogu 87
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kogu 87 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:41 am

I always visit this threat to see if people are discussing the plot and art of the manga in an intelligent manner but all it usually devolves into is " Oh man, the MANGA is soooo much better than the ANIME ".

It's a pity most of you cannot enjoy both.
"Oh dear...."

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:45 am

Vegeta stating that Gohan-kun looks sharp and that he initially didn't recognize him put a smile on my face. I really wish there were more positive interactions between them like this.
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:47 am

Toyo treating cabba with respect :clap:
Nice one toyo I'll give you that :clap:

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:54 am

Did the manga rush or did the anime drag?

You guys cannot tell me You thought the recruitment arc was more than fanservice filler.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:56 am

Totamo wrote:
Did the manga rush or did the anime drag?

You guys cannot tell me You thought the recruitment arc was more than fanservice filler.
Regardless no point wasting time on that stuff if your toyo

Rhuagh
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Rhuagh » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:28 am

99% of this stuff has already been shown in the anime. There is no reason for Toyotaro to spend several months on stuff all readers already know. He's skiping ahead to where he can diverge and stand out the most, fights. This isn't a regular manga, you gotta take that into account when discussing the pacing.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:44 am

I like the chapter.

Seems that time will be given in the Tournament of Power for the transformations (such as unveiling Caulifla and Kale's Super Saiyan forms, Gohan's return to form, etc.), and it definitely seems that Toyo wants us to pay especially closed attention to Universe's 6, 7, and 11 as those are the three key Universe's covered so far

I predict that next chapter, the Tournament will not start, and it will just be going back over the rules and introductions, etc. The Tournament of Power will start in earnest during March's issue