"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

OLKv3
Temporarily Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:48 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Lmao. Poor Tien.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:49 pm

The way he was handled in the anime wasn't much better. At least here he got knocked out, in the anime he just fell of the stage.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Black Hawk
Regular

Post by Black Hawk » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm

OLKv3 wrote:[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I'm glad to see Gohan-kun getting into the action! I certainly didn't expect to see him tangling with all three of the Trio of Danger at once, even if that wasn't his intention. I'm excited for the full chapter now![/spoiler]
"Reign supreme? In your dreams; you'll never make me bow.
Kick my ass? I'm world-class and Super Saiyan now."

I BURN - Jeff Williams feat. Casey Lee Williams, RWBY Volume 1 Soundtrack

Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm

:shock:

Anyway, at least the way Freeza owns Frost is badass.

Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Grimlock » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:50 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Image
Poor Tenshinhan. If only you were a Saiyan named Goku...
Games - You are weak. Why are you weak?
Dragon Ball Super - *coughes*
Games - Because you lack... Content.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by prince212 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:53 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Also, new pics:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Freeza s face is dope .
I kinda understand the complaining about kuririn... but seriously guys , he’s Been without training for years , making him somehow relevant is make a joke in the other universes , he came to support in the bench and there’s no reason to give all u7 participants a victory, that shows this tournament is not a joke and there’s level . Blame in u7 low number of big guys , not in low guys not having a piece of cake
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:55 pm

prince212 wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Freeza s face is dope .
I kinda understand the complaining about kuririn... but seriously guys , he’s Been without training for years , making him somehow relevant is make a joke in the other universes , he came to support in the bench and there’s no reason to give all u7 participants a victory, that shows this tournament is not a joke and there’s level . Blame in u7 low number of big guys , not in low guys not having a piece of cake

Roshi has been out of the game way longer than krillin and I guarantee you he will take out atleast one person before going out.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:56 pm

I didn't think Tenshinhan could get it any worse than he did in the anime. *sigh*
sintzu wrote:The way he was handled in the anime wasn't much better. At least here he got knocked out, in the anime he just fell of the stage.
Tenshinhan got blasted off the stage in the anime. And at least when Tenshinhan got eliminated the way he did he took someone with him.

Majin Jator
Beyond Newbie

Post by Majin Jator » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:02 pm

sintzu wrote:
The way he was handled in the anime wasn't much better. At least here he got knocked out, in the anime he just fell of the stage.
It was hard to make Tien's performance even more lamentable than in the anime, but let's be honest: Toyotaro have managed to do it. In the anime, he got at least two unexciting eliminations. Here he is (apparently, I haven't read the chapter) one-punched at the beginning of the tournament. I'm not even a Tien's fan but damn, that is disappointing.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by prince212 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:06 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
prince212 wrote:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Freeza s face is dope .

Roshi has been out of the game way longer than krillin and I guarantee you he will take out atleast one person before going out.
That will be great , he’s a low level but he’s got an unique technique , when I saw Roshi in the anime I saw Toriyama himself reflected .
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

dragonball0900
OMG CRAZY REG

Post by dragonball0900 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:15 pm

And I'm here hoping that Roshi doesn't get that much screentime like in the anime. Tien and Krillin getting eliminated in an instant without making a SINGLE elimination is bad enough. What I do hope is, if Roshi eliminates someone, it has to be with the Mafuba. I wouldn't like it to be like in the anime when he eliminated like 2 guys with his single strength. It just doesn't make sense!

Khandom101
Beyond Newbie

Post by Khandom101 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:30 pm

Sheesh, and people think that the manga is superior. It's boring. I know I know, the anime is full of plot holes and inconsistencies (it's not perfect I know, then what is?) but If there's one thing the anime does right is that it gives each individual character the big moment they deserve, plus there's a sense of tension and antagonists (such as Hit,Freeza, Goku black and Zamasu) are amazingly well written. Not to mention, it at least tries to keep us, the audience entertained.

Though, my logical half argues that it's far to early to make a conclusion. I guess I'll give it a chance and see the direction Toyotaro wants to take his manga series towards. Although, my heart has high expectations but my brains like "Nah, he ain't doing shit"
So, get your shit together Toyotaro!!!!

Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:32 pm

It seems like Monna and the U3's fighters were eliminated off-screen.
Then why not give those eliminations to Tenshinhan or Krillin? Lazy by Toyotaro.

I'm still not mad because it's just the beginning and it was obvious that fodders characters were going out first. And Tenshinhan and Krillin are fodder compared to Frost, just deal with it.

Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Khandom101 wrote:Sheesh, and people think that the manga is superior. It's boring. I know I know, the anime is full of plot holes and inconsistencies (it's not perfect I know, then what is?) but If there's one thing the anime does right is that it gives each individual character the big moment they deserve, plus there's a sense of tension and antagonists (such as Hit,Freeza, Goku black and Zamasu) are amazingly well written. Not to mention, it at least tries to keep us, the audience entertained.

Though, my logical half argues that it's far to early to make a conclusion. I guess I'll give it a chance and see the direction Toyotaro wants to take his manga series towards. Although, my heart has high expectations but my brains like "Nah, he ain't doing shit"
So, get your shit together Toyotaro!!!!
How is there any kind of tension during this arc?

Xeogran
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Xeogran » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:34 pm

I wonder who are the U3 eliminated fighters? If it's any of the robots that made Anilaza then we're out of luck, unless different combination will create him.

Hopefully not Maji Kayo though, he's my favorite and the Anime gave him memorable moments >w<

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:36 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
I didn't think Tenshinhan could get it any worse than he did in the anime. *sigh*
sintzu wrote:The way he was handled in the anime wasn't much better. At least here he got knocked out, in the anime he just fell of the stage.
Tenshinhan got blasted off the stage in the anime. And at least when Tenshinhan got eliminated the way he did he took someone with him.
Tien is the new Yamcha confirmed.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:37 pm

HeroR wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
Tien is the new Yamcha confirmed.
If Tien is the new Yamcha then the real Yamcha is even below the normal Yamcha level as he couldn't even take part in the tournament.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lionel
I'm pretty cozy, here...

Post by Lionel » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:43 pm

It looks as though Tenshinhan won't be given even a modicum of dignifying combat time in this arc. I know this sounds petty and I apologise for it, but I'm feeling a lot of animosity towards Toriyama at the moment. You go to the trouble of including him in this event just to toss him aside almost immediately afterwards. What even was the point of including him if you weren't to going to use him except as some kind of perverse high striking barometer to test some other character's muscles out? Are you so creatively challenged that you can't come up with just one minor but meaningful use for these characters whom you took the trouble of including as members? If you couldn't offer anything tangible to give then you should have decreased the roster limit for the teams. Nothing would have been lost if the limit had been set to eight instead of ten.

ToshioWrites
Temporarily Banned

Post by ToshioWrites » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:46 pm

They kept out goten and trunks because "experience" and neither tien nor krillin got a single elimination which means toriyama didn't write one for them. Tournament of Power and they choose far weaker characters. Good stuff

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:48 pm

HeroR wrote: Tien is the new Yamcha confirmed.
At least Yamcha is a bit more entertaining than Tien.
    I'm pissed the fact Krillin and Tien are eliminating with no flash,I hope I'm wrong and we will get a good fight with Frost vs Krillin and Tien instead of one shotting both of them.Also bad move from Toyotaro not giving some fodder to Tien and Krillin instead they gave all the point to Frost.