"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by batistabus » Tue May 22, 2018 3:59 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Also you cannot excuse Toyotaro giving forms just because the Manga is BW. Toyo gave Vegeta SSG, & Black regular SS. Toei gave Vegeta & Trunks a new forms. They're both even & not counting the fact that Toei's form didn't deviate much from the previous one's (Ikari still resembles SS, SSGSS.E still resembles SSGSS). Then on top of that neither form being marketed.

Why is there one rule for Toyo and Toei in this regard? Just cuz his manga is BW? Vegeta having red SSG doesn't somehow matter? Come on now.

Also what does Kale have to do with anything? She's in the manga too. If you're hating Toei on that then it would be hypocritical to not hate Toyo for that too.
My point has nothing to do with the manga being black and white. How much marketing have you seen for secondary products relating to the anime vs the manga? I've seen plenty of Ikari, mutated Zamasu, SSBKK, and Omen figures, but I have yet to see a SSG Vegeta or SS Black (which was Toriyama's idea, btw).

Kale is significant because it speaks directly to Toei's approach to the series. Do what will be popular and sell well above all.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue May 22, 2018 4:00 pm

TheDipDap1234 wrote:Just because 18 is not on Jiren's or Goku's level doesn't mean she should get a treatment like she got. If Frost can get a good treatment, why can't her? Maybe you should rewatch the fight. It was animated by one of the best animators from Toei and it looked amazing. Everyone needed to be rescued at least once in the anime. In the anime she was at least fighting for something. She did absolutely nothing in the manga. How can you think they were portrayed equally in both mediums is beyond me.
Cause 18's fights were low quality in both anime and manga. A few finger blasts with no real choreography. Good animation does not mean a fight was executed in a good way. Is 18 as strong as Frost tho? She shouldn't be able to do the same thing if she is not at his level of power. But the level of strength doesn't matter a person can still have a good fight being weak, Roshi did in the anime.

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Tue May 22, 2018 4:09 pm

Doctor. wrote:That's what the people defending Toyotaro are doing.
"Those people don't agree with me, so they're fake news."

I could Trump that statement up some more, but I think the point is fairly obvious.
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Here's the pic btw. It's the best I could find, I don't have time to make it myself right now:
You took that image out of context lol. The person who did it was arguing that it wasn't a trace job.
dbgtFO wrote: Who is that artist who did the grumpy old lady?
That shit's hilarious!
Lol, it's Greg Land. He's notorious for this.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Tue May 22, 2018 4:18 pm

TKA wrote: Lol, it's Greg Land. He's notorious for this.
Thanks! I'm gonna check his stuff out now :lol:

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Tue May 22, 2018 4:27 pm

ToshioWrites wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
ToshioWrites wrote:You can appreciate the guys talents but don’t have to indulge in celebrity worship
That's what the people defending Toyotaro are doing.

I’m not defending Toyotaro, I even said he was tracing . Difference is him tracing doesn’t really impact anything in the real world, Toriyama hiding millions does but you do you.

Muh Toriyama san
Are you serious? What the FUCK does that have to do with this situation? Thats pure diversion at its finest and it is defending, and also Toriyama traced his Ultra instinct form with Super saiyan god and the fandom was enraged and that came from himself!!! if he did this shit, he go out like Yamamoto.
Last edited by Dragono on Tue May 22, 2018 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue May 22, 2018 4:27 pm

It's not the first time Toyotaro traces something on a official product, but usually people just wave their hands and call it "homages"...
I'm more surprised that many people are surprised about this.

Toyotaro is a fan artist that got lucky, because he was in the right place at the right time.
He's nowhere near the level of the other professional mangakas that had to walk through the front door.

Anyway, I don't think there's need for so much drama.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Tue May 22, 2018 4:30 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:It's not the first time Toyotaro traces something on a official product, but usually people just wave their hands and call it "homages"...
I'm more surprised that many people are surprised about this.

Toyotaro is a fan artist that got lucky, because he was in the right place at the right time.
He's nowhere near the level of the other professional mangakas that had to walk through the front door.

Anyway, I don't think there's need for so much drama.
People were fine because he was copying Toriyama for a sequel manga. Not other people's work.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue May 22, 2018 4:32 pm

TKA wrote:
Doctor. wrote:That's what the people defending Toyotaro are doing.
"Those people don't agree with me, so they're fake news."

I could Trump that statement up some more, but I think the point is fairly obvious.
Vegeta_Sama wrote: Here's the pic btw. It's the best I could find, I don't have time to make it myself right now:
You took that image out of context lol. The person who did it was arguing that it wasn't a trace job.
Funny thing is: that's not where I found it bud. This has been circling around on Twitter a lot
Get Fucked, C_unt

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue May 22, 2018 4:40 pm

TKA wrote:"Those people don't agree with me, so they're fake news."

More like: "These people are blind, so they're fake news."

Because, yes, this is plagiarism (something you've begrudgingly admitted as such, so I'm not really sure why you're posting this purposefully inflammatory reply; it just proves my point), and if you're defending Toyotaro, then you are engaging in celebrity worship.

Exline
Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Tue May 22, 2018 4:50 pm

It's pretty pathetic how most of you use this situation as a way to shit on Toyotaro.

In response to the user who questioned whether or not we will keep reading Toyotaro's work.. Yes, I will.

I don't plan to deprive myself of Dragon Ball content because the artist makes a couple mistakes. I think this isn't too dramatic and he will get nothing more than a slap on the wrist and a bit of scolding.

I just hope he learns from this and is encouraged to be more creative. Toyotaro is very talented and is capable of generating great artwork, even though these last few chapters have been quite mediocre in terms of art and panelling, It'd be a waste of talent to fire him. He is such a great writer when it comes to dialogue and humor, as well as his storytelling, demonstrated in the Black Arc.

I honestly wish the same had been done with Kenji Yamamoto. His music was so good, even though it was plagiarized. I just wish he made an apology and strived to do better. However, I'm contempt with his substitute, Sumitomo. Such great music he had provided for the Black and ToP Arcs.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue May 22, 2018 5:01 pm

Exline wrote:It's pretty pathetic how most of you use this situation as a way to shit on Toyotaro.
Well, I, for one, am happy that more people are acknowledging how talentless he is. Maybe we can put him back on Heroes and get a good artist next.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 22, 2018 5:17 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
prince212 wrote: But still nobody is showing a pic where the whole draws are aling to shut up my mouth, I will if so .
Here's the pic btw. It's the best I could find, I don't have time to make it myself right now:
Don’t line up the legs, which aren’t traced. Rotation tools exist.

Here’s the artist of the original calling it tracing, and then when a similar image makes him doubt, a user named StarKeyFrames and Kanzenshuu and r/dbz’s own Terez offer clarification in the comments.

The torso is like 1:1. I’ve greatly enjoyed Toyotaro’s Super manga, even with occasionally weaker art, but this is traced. It’s okay to like his stuff and say that, and to say that it’s wrong.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Tue May 22, 2018 5:20 pm

Can we move the frick on??

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Tue May 22, 2018 5:29 pm

mute_proxy wrote:Can we move the frick on??
Write the conversation you want to be having instead of a nothing-post angry about people discussing news less than twelve hours old. Nothing is ever keeping a topic locked to one particular conversation.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue May 22, 2018 5:38 pm

All this drama for something so little.

I don't think that's something to goes uproar at it :lol:

I actually find that lovely perhaps Toyotaro loved this frame of Captain America and wanted Goku to have the exact same pose because it's just FREAKING COOL 8)
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue May 22, 2018 5:39 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:All this drama for something so little.
Plagiarism is a big deal.

Bebi Hatchiyack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bebi Hatchiyack » Tue May 22, 2018 5:44 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:All this drama for something so little.
Plagiarism is a big deal.
I have my priorities what's matter is ending world hunger, do something against rappist and care for better health to everyone on earth and taking care of earth.

I HAVE NOT AN ONCE of like those memes said "a fuck" to give. That's meaningless in regard to greater concern. I find that even petty. But it's just how I see things. :wink:
Saiya-jin me, watashi ha kisama wo koroshimasu

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue May 22, 2018 5:45 pm

Doctor. wrote: Well, I, for one, am happy that more people are acknowledging how talentless he is. Maybe we can put him back on Heroes and get a good artist next.
I see most people acknowledging a mistake, not calling him talentless altogether because of it. The only ones pushing that narrative had a propensity for it in the first place.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue May 22, 2018 5:47 pm

Bebi Hatchiyack wrote:I have my priorities what's matter is ending world hunger, do something against rappist and care for better health to everyone on earth and taking care of earth.
People are capable of caring for more than one thing.
Marlowe89 wrote:I see most people acknowledging a mistake, not calling him talentless altogether because of it. The only ones pushing that narrative had a propensity for it in the first place.
I don't know. This puts into perspective all his previous "homages" and whether they're actually innocent, albeit pointless, callbacks to the previous series, or lazy and uninspired copies due to his own lack of talent and creativity.
Last edited by Doctor. on Tue May 22, 2018 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Tue May 22, 2018 5:49 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
HeroR wrote:
Zamasu55 wrote: As for now.
Still doesn’t negate my point, especially your claim ‘only U7 did anything in the anime’. What’s funny is that Jiren is more active that Anime Jiren and he only eliminated one person.
What did U2, U4, U9, U10 and U11 accomplish in the anime exactly?
Do you realize the almighty Hakaishin Toppo was a complete joke and he achieved less than Basil?
U2 knocked out one of U7 and so did U4. U10 nearly knocked out 17 and 18 had to save him in exchange for her dropping off, btw U10 hasn’t done anything in the manga yet. U11 had Jiren with three KOs, one being Hit and the other Vegeta.

And Toppo has no knockouts in the manga either. So what’s your point here? That and God of Destruction Toppo having on KOs is mocked by Jiren.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.