"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

BlueVegerot
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed May 23, 2018 12:12 pm

DragonGarowLee will replace Toyotaro, thats my prediction

Blank

Post by Blank » Wed May 23, 2018 12:19 pm

majinwarman wrote:
Blank wrote:
majinwarman wrote: They did not trace it. It was animated as a homage. There was no tracing involved with it.
But the thing is they didn't have the originality to create their own scene much like toyotaro didn't have it to create his own pose.
The director said that they wanted to have homages to Western movies. Tracing is a huge crime and can cause legal problems which Shonen Jump doesn't need.
That can also be used to argue for toyotaro he did say his intention in doing the Manga is so people can have sense of familiarity when reading his work, if that's his attention then he's succeeded with the plagiarism of another's work.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Wed May 23, 2018 1:24 pm

IMO the actual image used as a VJump cover doesn't contain the traced elements, so it shouldn't really be an issue. I don't get why people are mad about the original sketch if it wasn't actually published art.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed May 23, 2018 1:26 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:DragonGarowLee will replace Toyotaro, thats my prediction
They're not gonna replace him
Get Fucked, C_unt

Spider-Man
Regular

Post by Spider-Man » Wed May 23, 2018 1:44 pm

Comments on this chapter:
    -Ribrianne calling Krillin handsome was a funny gag it's quite refreshing because the nose gag was done too much, however 18 and Ribrianne was eliminated too soon also Rozie and Kakunsa elastic power doesn't suit their character at all.
      -Piccolo interacting with #17 was nice.
        -Toppo vs Vegeta looks really bad probably one the worst part of this chapter.
          -Not really a fan Goku vs Jiren being interrupted.
            -U4 secret warriors was handled better in the anime but Damom was took out anticlimactically I prefer the anime version.
              It was a mediocre chapter while it was better than last month it still has issues like the lack of team up of the Androids and I prefer 18 fight with Ribrianne in the anime, it resulted Ribrianne to develop as a character after being defeated, the highlight in this was the gag and #17 interaction with Piccolo.
              Last edited by Spider-Man on Wed May 23, 2018 2:13 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BlueVegerot
              Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed May 23, 2018 1:49 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:

Sure they will. Honor code and such is a big deal in japan and toyo already isn't well liked for his content, now that he's been busted tracing, they can get out with no issues

Vegeta_Sama
              Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Wed May 23, 2018 1:54 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:
              Vegeta_Sama wrote:

Sure they will. Honor code and such is a big deal in japan and toyo already isn't well liked for his content, now that he's been busted tracing, they can get out with no issues
              How do we know he isn't liked in Japan? All we have here is western feedback.
              Get Fucked, C_unt

IM21
              Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed May 23, 2018 2:23 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:IMO the actual image used as a VJump cover doesn't contain the traced elements, so it shouldn't really be an issue. I don't get why people are mad about the original sketch if it wasn't actually published art.
              I have the same opinion. It will be fun from now on cause of some guys on Twitter will start looking extra close on all of his next pictures. It will remind me of the "amazing" guys that stop the picture during an animation and then shit all over it.

Chapter: better than the last one. Piccolo and 18 could have had more to do, but idc really. I dont have problems with Piccolo not fighting the Namekians. At least other Universes are getting some eliminations.

Exline
              Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Wed May 23, 2018 2:41 pm

CriticalThinker wrote:Back to the subject at hand I'm guessing that chapter 37 will most likely feature primarily Cabba, Roshi, and Caulifla/Kale. I've been wrong about this multiple times before but I'm pretty sure that this is the one. I'm guessing that Roshi will fight the remainder of U4 and then be knocked out. And in regards to Cabba I assume he'll fight Freeza and then get knocked out as well, not sure if he'll end up going Super Saiyan 2 or not. I'm most curious about how he plans on handling Caulifla and Kale. If they end up being a one and done deal then I wonder how he will make Kale mastering her transformation not feel rushed unless he doesn't include it. I'd be fine with him skipping over her Broly form as that was the worst aspect of her in the anime. I assume they'll probably fight the lesser pride troopers and this is we're well see Caulifla use SS for the first time. Also hope that instead of fighting Goku they fight Freeza as I feel that would be more interesting than them fighting Goku. Though I wouldn't be surprised if none of this ended up happening considering how bad I am at predicting stuff.
              Most people's speculations on what the next chapter will be about are always so predictable. :lol: :lol: no offense. You guys rely too much on what occurs in the anime, believe the same will happen in the Manga.
              Come on guys, think outside the box! So far the only thing we've seen done already akin to the anime is Krillin and Piccolo's eliminations. Everything else is much different. It's what I've enjoyed about the manga; it's unpredictable nature.

I also doubt that Toyotaro would skip over Kale's new form, since in his fan manga, he brought him back to life; leading us to believe he may be a big fan of his. I'd assume he would skip Kale struggling to maintain the form, and instead has complete control over it. That's what I hope for because I prefer the controlled version of Kale opposed to the Broly knockoff she was made to be.

I got a feeling that they are going to fight Frieza together. Frieza would probably challenge them due to his hatred for saiyans. His immense strength would overpower them, regardless of their SSJ forms. Then Kale probably reveals her Berserker form and just embarrasses Frieza, hopefully putting him out of commission or prompting him to retreat. If this were the case, then Berserker Kale would probably go on a rampage and start eliminating other fighters, maybe even target Roshi. Would love to see a gag centered around his possible disdain for muscular woman. :lol: :lol:

On a side note, it's really annoying how you guys constantly get this thread locked. Thank god, it was unlocked the next day. Barely had anytime to truly discuss this chapter and speculate on the other.
              Last edited by Exline on Wed May 23, 2018 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueVegerot
              Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed May 23, 2018 2:44 pm

Kale wasn't strong enough to beat god goku in the anime which always wanks characters powers, what makes you think she could take golden freeza?

Hell jiren is already way less impressive in the manga, he doesn't feel anywhere near as unbeatable in the manga as he did in the anime especially 109-110

Exline
              Beyond Newbie

Post by Exline » Wed May 23, 2018 2:49 pm

BlueVegerot wrote:Kale wasn't strong enough to beat god goku in the anime which always wanks characters powers, what makes you think she could take golden freeza?

Hell jiren is already way less impressive in the manga, he doesn't feel anywhere near as unbeatable in the manga as he did in the anime especially 109-110
              Well, I felt that he would try to conserve his stamina since he seems to be more calculating in the Manga after having Frost use up all of his power that he would refrain from transforming. He'd be defeated in his Final Form rather than his Golden Form is what I had in mind.

He'd either be defeated or he'd retreat.

However, after seeing both Goku and Vegeta use MSSB only a couple chapters into the tournament, it makes me further question the stamina consistency of the Manga.

BlueVegerot
              Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed May 23, 2018 2:51 pm

Exline wrote:
              BlueVegerot wrote:Kale wasn't strong enough to beat god goku in the anime which always wanks characters powers, what makes you think she could take golden freeza?

Well, I felt that he would try to conserve his stamina since he seems to be more calculating in the Manga after having Frost use up all of his power that he would refrain from transforming. He'd be defeated in his Final Form rather than his Golden Form is what I had in mind.

He'd either be defeated or he'd retreat.

However, after seeing both Goku and Vegeta use MSSB only a couple chapters into the tournament, it makes me further question the stamina consistency of the Manga.

MSSB especially for goku should be causing him severe issues since he didn't train but i guess the draft basically wanted stamina to be a meme

Kenneth La Torre
              I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed May 23, 2018 2:53 pm

Sure... because you know, its not like he is treating Completed super saiyan blue opponents like molecules of air...

He feels just as unbeatable.

I guess you feel like beerus is also a weakling in the manga, since he had to stop playing around to murder stomp CSSB vegeta...

BlueVegerot
              Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by BlueVegerot » Wed May 23, 2018 2:56 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:

Sure... because you know, its not like he is treating Completed super saiyan blue opponents like molecules of air...

He feels just as unbeatable.

I guess you feel like beerus is also a weakling in the manga, since he had to stop playing around to murder stomp CSSB vegeta...
              I didn't say he was weak but goku was still able to fight him albeit offscreen without getting completely stomped. In the anime jiren blinked away goku at full power and he was forced to immediately resort to spirit bomb

Miracles
              I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed May 23, 2018 3:34 pm

Toyotaro's Goku is doing a generic pose and it's tracing all of a sudden? Characters never stood with their hands to the side; legs bent? Anyone who runs with their hands to the side is tracing Sonic the Hedgehog now? And who did the artist of Sonic trace? "Bu..But the images are identical," there is no such thing as by chance anymore?

Also, Vegeta stating he is the greatest in all existence is his usual arrogant prideful self. Vegeta ALWAYS had a false view of himself and always will. This will never change cause it's part of his character that keeps him going.

Doctor.
              Banned

Post by Doctor. » Wed May 23, 2018 3:37 pm

Miracles wrote:Toyotaro's Goku is doing a generic pose and it's tracing all of a sudden? Characters never stood with their hands to the side; legs bent? Anyone who runs with their hands to the side is tracing Sonic the Hedgehog now? And who did the artist of Sonic trace? "Bu..But the images are identical," there is no such thing as by chance anymore?

Also, Vegeta stating he is the greatest in all existence is his usual arrogant prideful self. Vegeta ALWAYS had a false view of himself and always will. This will never change cause it's part of his character that keeps him going.
              The images line up. It's not simply a case of being identical. And people keep saying "generic pose" as a justification but I have yet to see other examples.

Meshack
              OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed May 23, 2018 3:52 pm

Doubtful

Meshack
              OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed May 23, 2018 3:54 pm

Jiren hasn’t done anything yet but trick Hit into thinking he was slowed down. If anything as of now, Jiren is smart in the comic. The real battle hasn’t even begun yet.

Meshack
              OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Wed May 23, 2018 3:55 pm

I actually hate how Toyotarou had a battle between Gokou and Jiren but we were unable to see it. Probably nothing happened

Marlowe89
              Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed May 23, 2018 4:01 pm

Dragon Wukong wrote:IMO the actual image used as a VJump cover doesn't contain the traced elements, so it shouldn't really be an issue. I don't get why people are mad about the original sketch if it wasn't actually published art.
              I agree if we're talking about the hand, but people can (and likely will) still counter that the torso and arm sizes/proportions seem too close to the Captain America image. I don't think it's quite identical enough to constitute actual plagiarism in the legal sense, but close enough that you can see why some would easily consider it a problem. Personally, I feel like the whole issue has been overblown by certain Twitter users, but it is what it is. We'll see if anything comes of it.