"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:06 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:Yeah, exactly.

Also, when he was fighting Dabura:

1 - The aura of the transformation was the same as SS, not SS2.
2 - There were no sparkles.
In terms of strenght:
Cell= Dabura
Adult Gohan SS2 < Cell saga Gohan SS2
Adult Gohan SS1 = Dabura. ===>????
Get Fucked, C_unt

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:15 pm

I really did appreciate the angles and many panels for the fight scenes of this chapter. I like the detail of the movement being shown it is very DB like.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:46 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:In terms of strenght:
Cell= Dabura
Nope, actually it's Adult Gohan SS < Dabura. The demon said after the fight (chapter 459) something like "it wont be hard to dispose this little snot".

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:13 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:
Cell= Dabura
Nope, actually it's Adult Gohan SS < Dabura. The demon said after the fight (chapter 459) something like "it wont be hard to dispose this little snot".
Because he's been slacking off
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:22 pm

Or/and because he didn't use SS2.

Vegeta_Sama
Regular

Post by Vegeta_Sama » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:30 pm

SSJgogeto wrote:Or/and because he didn't use SS2.
Maybe. But why wouldn't he use it?
Get Fucked, C_unt

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:40 pm

That's the million dollar question, I never saw any explanation about that. And curiously after the incident with Spopovich and Yamu we never saw him in SS2 form again.

shadowfox87
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowfox87 » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:46 pm

Well in Movie 10, Adult Gohan didn't have lightning, but the animators said that they just didn't animate the lightning, so he was really in SSJ2. I think it's the same case for Dabura. He's just a weak SSJ2.
DBS Manga vs Anime Differences: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=42062
Timelines Explanation: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=42105
Log Power Scaling: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40610
Science of Ultra Instinct: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=40707

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:52 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:
Cell= Dabura
Because he's been slacking off
Like a madman.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:58 pm

Gohan was Super Saiyan 2 against Dabura. Vegeta and Goku confirm by stating how weak Gohan has become and how he was stronger when he was a brat even against Dabura.
I know people roll their eyes at this too but the Daizenshuu [official] also confirms such IIRC.

STH
Not-So-Newbie

Post by STH » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:13 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:Yeah, exactly.

Also, when he was fighting Dabura:

1 - The aura of the transformation was the same as SS, not SS2.
2 - There were no sparkles.
In terms of strenght:
Cell= Dabura
"Cell= Dabura"
I do not remember this equation.
In addition, ssj trunks showed the same performance as Gohan against Dabura in dbs. He easily killed Dabura when he turns to ssj2.

And I think, Vegetto initially turned to SSJ2. But he returned to ssj when he begins to fight.
Melkaniator wrote: "DBS anime is a fan service series that delivers irrelevant dialogue, inconsistent writing, and lazy designs.

The DB manga never had so many mistakes, nor those were this constant."

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Tue Jun 26, 2018 6:36 pm

I think SS1 Gohan was actually stronger than Dabra, but rusty. In their hand to hand fight, he is able to knock Dabra away. He also takes no visible damage from being hit dead-on by Dabra's blast. It's just that he got fooled by the afterimage magic. That might explain why he didn't turn Super Saiyan 2, because he already held a power advantage but couldn't deal with the tricks.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

Steven Bloodriver
I Live Here

Post by Steven Bloodriver » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:11 pm

Vegeta_Sama wrote:
SSJgogeto wrote:Or/and because he didn't use SS2.
Maybe. But why wouldn't he use it?
1) Son Gohan from the Babidi Saga did use his own watered-down version of Super Saiyan 2 against Majin Dabura, it isn’t just that the single-most, greatest example of an Epitome of Disappointment in all of Dragon Ball had just whole-heartedly decided to take it upon himself to have not learned anything whatsoever from every, single, damn, thing he had ever gone and went through in a span of a single day during the Cell Games, he had done EVERYTHING in his power as to not let his very own family and friends benefit from his own experiences.

2) Pride and arrogance.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:23 am

The Dabura vs Cell comparison is quite simple. Goku initially compared Dabura to Cell but later retracts his opinion indirectly by indicating how Dabura is stronger than anticipated. This in and of itself makes it pretty clear that Dabura is at least in some shape or form stronger than Super Perfect Cell.

Why Super Perfect Cell and not Perfect Cell? Well, I highly doubt the comparison was being made to Perfect Cell, because comparing two fighters when one is not at full power really defeats the purpose of making a comparison in the first place.

Saiga
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Saiga » Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:39 am

The initial comparison was 'he's around as tough as Cell, but not a big deal' and later corrects himself by saying Dabra is better than he thought.

I don't think Super Perfect Cell has been so thoroughly surpassed that Goku and Vegeta could talk about him so casually - especially when neither of them have confirmed that the other is capable of Super Saiyan 2.
I'm re-watching Dragon Ball GT in full on my blog. Check it out if you're interested in my thoughts on the series as I watch through it!

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:47 pm

yeah, they were thinking Darbula was about as strong as Perfect Cell only to correct their evaluation, which suggest him being about as strong as Super Perfect Cell. Or so I always interpreted that exchange.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:09 pm

I don't think Dabura is a strong as Super perfect Cell when Dabura couldn't put down a Gohan who was "stronger when he killed Cell?"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:02 pm

So I'm assuming there's no UI Omen in the manga. Goku's first fight with Jiren ended fairly casually and he's now busy doing other things. Kefla, if she happens, will be probably defeated by something else like a combination attack of SSB Goku and Vegeta or maybe even Golden Freeza.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Thu Jun 28, 2018 4:27 pm

Xeogran wrote:So I'm assuming there's no UI Omen in the manga. Goku's first fight with Jiren ended fairly casually and he's now busy doing other things. Kefla, if she happens, will be probably defeated by something else like a combination attack of SSB Goku and Vegeta or maybe even Golden Freeza.
I’m assuming no u.i omen too , but you never know ... looks late for that , I always thought they invented that for that special in the anime and came early just for the show ..
About Kefla .. fuff I.d.k neither , seems too much considered kale is still on progress to get maximum level , but it’s truth that U6 god has no potaras... perhaps toyo himself is right now deciding about it , it’s up to kick up kale next chapter or not , but I’m surprise that I’m intrigued about what’s next , truly hoping we get again some different route as the one we saw in the anime , not meaning it was bad just for the shake of new “stuff”.
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:47 am

Saiga wrote:The initial comparison was 'he's around as tough as Cell, but not a big deal' and later corrects himself by saying Dabra is better than he thought.

I don't think Super Perfect Cell has been so thoroughly surpassed that Goku and Vegeta could talk about him so casually - especially when neither of them have confirmed that the other is capable of Super Saiyan 2.
But what would be the point of comparing two characters when one isn't even at full power? It's just wouldn't be an accurate comparison in my opinion.