"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 12:48 pm

alakazam^ wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I'm pretty sure they already said Toyotaro would be doing a manga version of the events.
I have no idea why people can't reach this conclusion. It's pretty obvious Toyotarou is just gonna continue what he's doing, there doesn't even need to be a confirmation.
I always assumed that was why he was rushing the ToP so much. Because he wanted to get to the Broly arc.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:24 pm

I don't think he was rushing, he must have already known how many chapters he had for this arc.

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:41 pm

PFM18 wrote:I always assumed that was why he was rushing the ToP so much. Because he wanted to get to the Broly arc.
What I find funny about this is that during the beginning of the last arc, people said he was rushing it to get to the ToP.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:56 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:I always assumed that was why he was rushing the ToP so much. Because he wanted to get to the Broly arc.
What I find funny about this is that during the beginning of the last arc, people said he was rushing it to get to the ToP.
Yeah, but Toyotaro wasn't rushing last arc, and he started the ToP extremely late. I don't see your point.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

kudo6000
Beyond Newbie

Post by kudo6000 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Bergamo wrote:I don't see your point.
My point is that it seems to me that some people are excusing his poor writing as him just "wanting to rush things" to get to what ever comes next in the story.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 6:57 pm

kudo6000 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:I don't see your point.
My point is that it seems to me that some people are excusing his poor writing as him just "wanting to rush things" to get to what ever comes next in the story.
Most people saying that aren't trying to excuse the writing. The Future Trunks arc was great, and the ToP arc was good, but worse than the FT arc. Neither of them were rushed.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:01 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:How good of pacing would you say the manga had for the:

Battle of Gods arc: ?
U6 vs U7 arc: ?
Future Trunks arc: ?
ToP arc: ?
BoG: Decent
Champa: Good
Future Trunks: Slow as hell
ToP: Slow at the beginning and now rushed on its finale.
Nokra wrote:
BanterTheGreat wrote:
YamiGoku wrote:I think this video sums up everything i think about Toyotaro and his manga: https://youtu.be/K5uscyx0OpU?t=238
I am not gonna watch a whole 10 minute video with a clickbait title and memes thrown in. Sorry.
The video speaks facts though. The manga is just not that good :?
It never was at very beginning, it's a promotional work it was never meant to be taken serious.
BrolySSJL wrote:Nobody commenting this?
https://twitter.com/Herms98/status/1057 ... Fpage-5152
There's nothing worth to comment about, Herms said on same tweet that at most this is translated as "proper sequel" or "legitimated sequel" in contrast to GT, but still has nothing to do with continuity as we don't have a official timeline according to the past and current events of the series.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:54 pm

Noah wrote:

Nokra wrote:
BanterTheGreat wrote:
I am not gonna watch a whole 10 minute video with a clickbait title and memes thrown in. Sorry.
It never was at very beginning, it's a promotional work it was never meant to be taken serious.
There's nothing worth to comment about, Herms said on same tweet that at most this is translated as "proper sequel" or "legitimated sequel" in contrast to GT, but still has nothing to do with continuity as we don't have a official timeline according to the past and current events of the series.
It's impossible to argue with someone who denies reason. A legitimate sequel means it takes place after the DB manga. What about this is not an indicator of continuity. You just pick and choose what you like, but I can't say the red ribbon saga isn't canon because I don't like it.

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:13 pm

Bergamo wrote:It's impossible to argue with someone who denies reason. A legitimate sequel means it takes place after the DB manga. What about this is not an indicator of continuity. You just pick and choose what you like, but I can't say the red ribbon saga isn't canon because I don't like it.
Actually you can't say the Red Ribbon arc isn't canon, because it's present on the original manga, the main source of everything, a completed work that was finished 23 years ago that still remains untouchable to this day and nothing will change that.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:20 pm

Noah wrote:

Nokra wrote:
BanterTheGreat wrote:
You see the timeline of past OG Dragonball continued by the Super manga up to the current Broly movie. It's labeled "legitimate sequel." However, you claim it's not talking continuity. :lol:

Guys, do you think Goku will not be able to access UI in the manga just like he couldn't in the anime after the TOP? So far it looks like he accessed it on his own twice and due to his past teachings?

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:42 pm

Miracles wrote:You see the timeline of past OG Dragonball continued by the Super manga up to the current Broly movie. It's labeled "legitimate sequel." However, you claim it's not talking continuity. :lol:
Of course, sure I do take this was somekind of official statement, however its ends are merely promotional. It serves to differentiate GT from Super, but sadly no confirmation of existing canon in anywhere :roll:
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Sun Nov 04, 2018 9:58 pm

Noah wrote:
Miracles wrote:You see the timeline of past OG Dragonball continued by the Super manga up to the current Broly movie. It's labeled "legitimate sequel." However, you claim it's not talking continuity. :lol:
Of course, sure I do take this was somekind of official statement, however its ends are merely promotional. It serves to differentiate GT from Super, but sadly no confirmation of existing canon in anywhere :roll:
How do you define canon?

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:35 pm

I can’t care less about the word “canon” , that being said , it’s evident that super is the legitimate sequel due to the original author involment and the connection with his original series , and seems legit to say that the manga fits better because is 100% review, corrected and approved by himself , something that can’t be said about the anime , where his art part at the beginning was released with some mayor drawing mistakes that ashamed him . Also contains some “filler” that is doubtful coming from him or even approve by himself .
I don’t blame Toriyama , it’s way easier to check on a monthly manga than on a weekly anime . Bullet points could be the same but execution is clearly easier and less complicated for him to correct on his natural medium , with is the manga
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

BrolySSJL
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BrolySSJL » Tue Nov 06, 2018 9:05 am

prince212 wrote:I can’t care less about the word “canon” , that being said , it’s evident that super is the legitimate sequel due to the original author involment and the connection with his original series , and seems legit to say that the manga fits better because is 100% review, corrected and approved by himself , something that can’t be said about the anime , where his art part at the beginning was released with some mayor drawing mistakes that ashamed him . Also contains some “filler” that is doubtful coming from him or even approve by himself .
I don’t blame Toriyama , it’s way easier to check on a monthly manga than on a weekly anime . Bullet points could be the same but execution is clearly easier and less complicated for him to correct on his natural medium , with is the manga
You are completely right, sir.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:13 am

OhHiRenan
Beyond Newbie

Post by OhHiRenan » Wed Nov 07, 2018 11:47 am

Bullza wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Supe ... 974704580/

Volume 5 release May 7th.
Viz really loves staggering these releases.

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 12:14 pm

Bullza wrote:https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-Supe ... 974704580/

Volume 5 release May 7th.
they do like to take a lot of time and not even correct the mistakes in the manga. :roll:

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:55 pm

The biggest problems with the manga aren't of the easily-correctable sort. I guess Tori could fix the necks, but they're not gonna suddenly change the panel layout or writing to be better in post.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:05 pm

Shaddy wrote:The biggest problems with the manga aren't of the easily-correctable sort. I guess Tori could fix the necks, but they're not gonna suddenly change the panel layout or writing to be better in post.
They're talking about the Viz release, dude.

More specifically, Viz's previous volume had a problem in that they kept publicized errors that were previously corrected in the Japanese tankobon.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Wed Nov 07, 2018 3:10 pm

oh, oops. that's what I get for not paying attention