"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:37 pm

Do we have a scan showing Moro in full yet?

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Does it really make sense that Goku and Vegeta lose their divine powers in this bow?
I mean, the word used for the divine powers of Dai Kaioshin is different from the word used for the powers of Goku and Vegeta, right? (Jin-Ryouku, something like that)

Not to mention that their God Ki is the fruit of training, it is not a '' gift '' that they receive. I suppose they can not simply '' lose. '' Of course, Toriyama may simply ignore all this with some explanation, but it is as I imagine for now.

Also, marketing involving DBS basically surrounds divine transformations (such as SSB that practically became an SSJ in promotional materials), in addition to the MUI that has yet to be explored. So I doubt that happens as a definite thing.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 8:48 pm

zarmack wrote: 1. The 1st interview never said that Broly was more popular in the West (it never even brought up the West in particular, just places outside of Japan in general)
This doesn't address anything I said. This also talks about a word I never included in any of my posts on this subject.
zarmack wrote:2. Nowhere in the 2nd interview are overseas fans even mention involving Kale, so are just projecting and making baseless assumptions.
This is already addressed by what I said.

Go back to the post you quoted and read over it very carefully. Like I told another poster not long ago, I don't have the patience or time to engage with people who aren't picking up what I'm putting down. If you can't respond to my actual point in your next reply, don't expect another one from me.

zarmack
Banned Alternate Account

Post by zarmack » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:04 pm

Marlowe89 wrote:
zarmack wrote: 1. The 1st interview never said that Broly was more popular in the West (it never even brought up the West in particular, just places outside of Japan in general)
This doesn't address anything I said. This also talks about a word I never included in any of my posts on this subject.
zarmack wrote:2. Nowhere in the 2nd interview are overseas fans even mention involving Kale, so are just projecting and making baseless assumptions.
This is already addressed by what I said.

Go back to the post you quoted and read over it very carefully. Like I told another poster not long ago, I don't have the patience or time to engage with people who aren't picking up what I'm putting down. If you can't respond to my actual point in your next reply, don't expect another one from me.
You said that the interview said that Broly was more popular overseas than in Japan (which was never actually stated in the interview itself).

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:39 pm

Miracles wrote: Looks like Broly is already yesterdays news.
:D :D , who cares about where broly was more popular ?
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 10:03 pm

zarmack wrote:You said that the interview said that Broly was more popular overseas than in Japan (which was never actually stated in the interview itself).
Here's your reference, bro:
It seems that the basis for what makes a character popular are slightly different overseas than in Japan: “Overseas, ‘strength’ determines popularity”, he says. One particularly large difference between Japan and overseas is the “incredible popularity” of the movie-original character Broli, who appeared as an enemy in three films (one of which featured a clone of him): “He’s got bulging muscles and gives Goku a tough fight, so the Super Saiyan version of Broli is popular.”
It was stated in the article. Now, you can question the accuracy of Kanzenshuu's translations. You can even question the accuracy of Yahoo Japan's editor or section chief Akio Iyoku. That's your prerogative, but I'm not interested in dissecting that.

Anyway, I'm moving on from this. It's a pointless conversation.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:05 pm

Viz better keep their word and release this chapter tomorrow at a decent time , I really can’t wait .
Looks like a flashback will be show in the chapter , not really a recourse db use too much....at least more than 1 panel ...
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:19 pm

If this is a Toyo original story with Toriyama just giving pointers, I'm impressed. Still only 2 chapters in but its very interesting. The art is good but of course, Toyo’s main art problem is when it comes to fights.

This arc is a 10/10 so far.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:35 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:If this is a Toyo original story with Toriyama just giving pointers, I'm impressed. Still only 2 chapters in but its very interesting. The art is good but of course, Toyo’s main art problem is when it comes to fights.

This arc is a 10/10 so far.
Yeah, I think at this point it is almost universally agreed upon that so far this arc looks very promising and interesting. I don't expect the fights in the arc to be spectacular but if something original and creative is done with the story, and that's the way it looks so far, then I won't really mind the fights themselves not being great.

Let's hope Toyotaro doesn't screw it up.

TheOne
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by TheOne » Wed Dec 19, 2018 11:52 pm

Kinokima wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Ok been thinking about thats the leaks have said and I think Goku and Vegeta may end up loosing their God Power after this arc.

Daikaioshin beat Moro by sacrificing his godly power, Goku and Vegeta may have to do the same...
I would absolutely love this type of drama and sacrifice in the series. I guarantee you it won’t happen though.

If they do that, we can probably get SSJ4 back. Them meeting with Broly and trying to find out how to tap into Great Ape power in base would be a pretty neat setup.
How i predict the tournament will end:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:32 am

Kinokima wrote:
Lord Frieza wrote:Ok been thinking about thats the leaks have said and I think Goku and Vegeta may end up loosing their God Power after this arc.

Daikaioshin beat Moro by sacrificing his godly power, Goku and Vegeta may have to do the same...
I would absolutely love this type of drama and sacrifice in the series. I guarantee you it won’t happen though.
Wait where were these leaks about Goku/Vegeta losing their God Power? I havent heard anything of that and I've seen summarizes of the leaks/some of the leaks.

I absolutely hate it. What's the point of invalidating all of the progress the characters have made? What could that possibly add to the story?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Thu Dec 20, 2018 12:45 am

I would LOVE to see an interaction between Dai Kaioshin, East Kaioshin, Beerus, Whis and Moro.. Oh My Goodness. This has to happen.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

MegaBossMan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by MegaBossMan » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:08 am

Though options becomes limitless when considering the magician archetype, I'm fully expecting --as Toriyama has had a knack for tying loose series ends now-- for this technique of the goat fella to be tied in with the origin and applications of the Spirit Bomb somehow. For such a trump-card technique, it was always strange that it was simply a relic move tied to someone like the North Kaio, especially as the divine perspective has opened up recently. And there's certainly some interesting parallels with this life-draining technique and the general genki absorption we see, though goat man clearly demonstrates an abrasive lack of care towards the mortal coil. I... may be setting myself up to false conclusions and abrupt disappointment, but regardless part of the fun with modern Dragon Ball is the rampant speculation!

Narrative aside, what strikes me as most intriguing is Toyotaro's art; while the alien creatures seem admittedly not Toriyama-esque, a lot of the paneling has its own taste and is willing to push forward now. Especially that shot of Goat Wiz noticing Goku's presence, that's some strong black coloring usage that we never remotely saw in something like the Tournament of Power. Excited to see Toyotaro's approach to storyboarding here and if it'll keep strong and won't falter by the time we reach the end of this arc.
By jove, I've got nothing important to say!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Dec 20, 2018 1:58 am

Doubt Goku would sacrifice his God energy here but that'll probably happen in a future arc cause how else will he go up against Uub in the EOZ ? unless he learns how to control and seal his ki and drop it down to someone's low level when engaging in battle (Toyotaro is good when it comes to fleshing out story when it's not fight scenes)

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Dec 20, 2018 2:18 am

Not really sure why people are already singing praises about this arc over the ToP when we barely have two chapters on this.

I personally feel less interested because there is no focus on any new Saiyans. But that's just my preference. I don't really have an opinion on goat man just yet. I was never that invested into Kaioshin lore either.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

GokuDragonBall

Post by GokuDragonBall » Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:57 am

Last edited by GokuDragonBall on Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:47 am, edited 5 times in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:06 am

Noitsnothim wrote:Doubt Goku would sacrifice his God energy here but that'll probably happen in a future arc cause how else will he go up against Uub in the EOZ ? unless he learns how to control and seal his ki and drop it down to someone's low level when engaging in battle (Toyotaro is good when it comes to fleshing out story when it's not fight scenes)
He's been doing that all the time

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:50 am

This is not the entire chapter yet right?

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Dec 20, 2018 6:55 am

PFM18 wrote:
Kinokima wrote:

Wait where were these leaks about Goku/Vegeta losing their God Power? I havent heard anything of that and I've seen summarizes of the leaks/some of the leaks.

I absolutely hate it. What's the point of invalidating all of the progress the characters have made? What could that possibly add to the story?

There are no leaks that say Goku and Vegeta lose any powers. Lord Frieza was just theorizing because of what Daikaioshin had to do in the past.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:26 am

Not a bad idea, losing god powers to beat a villain. Could also bring tension back for future arcs. And considering Broly's power without God ki, they might not even need it anymore :roll: