"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Koitsukai » Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:54 pm

Rakurai wrote:
Noah wrote:
Speak it for yourself as we didn't had any glimpse of what is UI until RoF (movie), so having Roshi to know its fundaments was forced.

Too bad still doesn't top Trunks breaking down in tears seeing Gohan, remiding of his master and realizing how he failed only to be conforted by Gohan saying him to stay well.
It's making the connection after the concept is brought up or introduced. Roshi, knowing its fundamentals is not out of this world, being a martial artist first and foremost for more than one hundred years. If fans like Nakamura and Toyotarou made the connection, then I'm certainly not speaking for myself.

Now the entire Gohan-FTrunks shtick that the anime was pushing was unusual, unnatural and out of character. In DB/DBZ, FTrunks never had such interactions with Gohan. Present Gohan =/= future Gohan, despite having the same biology they are fundamentally different people. Present Gohan could never empathize with what FTrunks has gone through. FTrunks never hinted at seeing his FGohan in present Gohan either before. I don't buy these character interactions if they're just placed there for some cheap emotional moment.
I agree with the Gohan bit. I do think DBZ dropped the ball there, Trunks never gave a damn about kid Gohan, DBZ Abridged tried to make more connection between them than Z ever did. You would imagine FTrunks might be interested in protecting his mentor or at least bond with him or try to teach him something. Also, I think Gohan never knew just how important he was for Trunks in the future. I'm not saying Trunks should've told Gohan he was gonna lose an arm and die alone but not they didn't share even a meal I think. Super picked up from something that never happened

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:49 am

prince212 wrote:
I think is the first time still on the top 50 being in his 4th week on list .
Not bad numbers considering that is an after anime , I’d like to see how it grows once it’s having unseen material on tv
It seems the Jump Festa advertisement helped it somewhat, because the latest rankings shows that it continues to be in Top 50 even after 5 weeks now. It is currently number 31 with 255,382 copies sold.
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2 ... -6/.141991

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:09 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:What are the chances that the Galactic Patrol Prisoner Arc ISN’T a U7 contained arc?
I would say 0 .
I don’t know if if was said that someone can travel to different universes without Whis or Kaioshin help
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Mon Jan 14, 2019 5:09 am

Koitsukai wrote:
I agree with the Gohan bit. I do think DBZ dropped the ball there, Trunks never gave a damn about kid Gohan, DBZ Abridged tried to make more connection between them than Z ever did. You would imagine FTrunks might be interested in protecting his mentor or at least bond with him or try to teach him something. Also, I think Gohan never knew just how important he was for Trunks in the future. I'm not saying Trunks should've told Gohan he was gonna lose an arm and die alone but not they didn't share even a meal I think. Super picked up from something that never happened
Right. Now I suppose I shouldn't say it's unnatural - FTrunks did have a good relationship with Gohan after all - but the sincerity and compassion FTrunks felt for present Gohan was heavily misplaced. Hence unusual and out-of-character. And I do agree it's Z's fault for not establishing such a connection right from the get-go.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jan 17, 2019 9:40 pm

Still no leaks?

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jan 18, 2019 12:54 am

There's been a motion taken quite seriously recently to cut down on the spread of leaks. Chances are they won't be posted here.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 6:40 am

shadowmaria wrote:There's been a motion taken quite seriously recently to cut down on the spread of leaks. Chances are they won't be posted here.
:yawn:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Jan 18, 2019 10:18 am

shadowmaria wrote:There's been a motion taken quite seriously recently to cut down on the spread of leaks. Chances are they won't be posted here.
You might want to quote the person you’re responding to. In this case, me.

shadowmaria
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by shadowmaria » Fri Jan 18, 2019 9:14 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
You might want to quote the person you’re responding to. In this case, me.
It was a general FYI, than anything else.
Especially when a year ago, we guaranteed got leaks on the 16th/17th (depending on your timezone). Things have changed, and my understanding is that Kanzenshuu are supportive of not spreading illegal leaks - and always have been.

I'm not a mod and don't try to act like one, but official release is this Monday the 21st of January. Viz'll have it up then too.

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:47 am

Three leaked images of the chapter.

Shaddy
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Shaddy » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:27 am

GreatJaiyaman
Banned

Post by GreatJaiyaman » Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:56 am

Shaddy wrote:
It never fails, someone always has to complain right off the bat. Maybe this will lead into
VegettoEX is a snowflake

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:08 am

GreatJaiyaman wrote:
Shaddy wrote:
It never fails, someone always has to complain right off the bat. Maybe this will lead into
Oh boy, please.. Yes! That would be the greatest fucking treat Toyotaro could possiby give us if that were the case! People have literally been waiting for this character forever! Lets just hope it does lead to him.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:21 am

I don't like his design without cloak. And now I have the feeling that this is a Toyotaro arc. (original story, character designs)

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:33 am

Sani007 wrote:I don't like his design without cloak. And now I have the feeling that this is a Toyotaro arc. (original story, character designs)
I actually like it far better than what i expected! I expected him to be fat, or in any way looking like an old out of shape man. Glad i was proven wrong! That said, i believe it was already stated that this story is being written by both Toriyama and Toyotaro.

Michsi
I Live Here

Post by Michsi » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:59 am

Last edited by Michsi on Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sani007
Beyond Newbie

Post by Sani007 » Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:59 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:That said, i believe it was already stated that this story is being written by both Toriyama and Toyotaro.
Yeah, I think the original idea comes from Toyotaro and supervised by Toriyama. However Toyataro's story is more interested in me than for example a pure Toei story.

Meshack
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Meshack » Sat Jan 19, 2019 6:52 am

Shaddy wrote:
Yes, it’s New Planet Namecc, but why are you complaining? The chapter literally isn’t out yet

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jan 19, 2019 7:19 am

Good, the Goat is stripping!
That didn't come out right.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:46 am

shadd21 wrote:Three leaked images of the chapter.
I really like the design, I notice he’s got his own cool symbol on his belt.