"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:34 pm

That was a good cliffhanger because yes I'm super curious about what kind of special magic power Moro has that l haven't seen before in Dragon Ball.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kepiaschkz
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Kepiaschkz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:35 pm

Theses are pretty good guesses. And If he's smart enough I bet he's even going to ask Porunga to gather them for him. He can also use another wish to learn the language of the gods.

But the problem is, the Super Dragon Ball were used just a month or so ago during the ToP so he'll have to wait about a year. Can he ask Porunga to send him to the future ? Will he pull a Zamasu and go after Shin for a Potara and a time ring? Or will he go to universe 12 for their time machine?

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:44 pm

Kepiaschkz wrote:Theses are pretty good guesses. And If he's smart enough I bet he's even going to ask Porunga to gather them for him. He can also use another wish to learn the language of the gods.

But the problem is, the Super Dragon Ball were used just a month or so ago during the ToP so he'll have to wait about a year. Can he ask Porunga to send him to the future ? Will he pull a Zamasu and go after Shin for a Potara and a time ring? Or will he go to universe 12 for their time machine?
So many possibilities, so little time.
RedHeat wrote:IT'S PICCOLO
That’s just racist.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 5:53 pm

What I liked:

Some decent action in this chapter. The ATATATATAs are notably absent and I really liked the weird outmaneuver-ish choreography between Moro and Vegeta. I'll probably never get tired of seeing our Saiyan duo gauge their opponents through good old-fashioned transformation cycling.

I'm going to echo what others have said about Moro's full design looking like something Toyotaro came up with instead of Toriyama. However, it might be one of the few supposedly non-Toriyama character designs I don't instantly despise. From anyone else I would have expected an edgy, generic monster like Hatchiyack or Hildegarn for a main baddie, but Toyotaro went with a wrinkly and frail-looking sorcerer type villain instead. That's pretty neat, even if not necessarily unheard of in other fiction. I think it also brings some sense of aesthetic variety to the "canon" stories.

Vegeta wanting to kinda make amends with the Namekians is a great moment and perfectly in-character for him at this stage of continuity. It's a nice reminder of how far he's come since his introduction in the series, addresses a hanging thread from the Freeza arc, and feels like a natural extension of the Boo arc's climax where he was also careful to include everyone he personally killed while reviving the Earthings. Little dialogue snippets like these always make me happy that the manga continues to understand Dragon Ball's characters so well.

What I didn't like:

I'd call this one a directorial nitpick, but having Goku and Vegeta stand there in preparation for the bad guy's spaceship landing is awfully familiar after watching Broly. Maybe too familiar. It just feels like a recycled beat, considering this is supposed to take place right after that story.

Overall:

For a setup oriented chapter, I thought it was far more enjoyable than last month's. There's actually some progression here now that the villain has made his move, so it'll be fun to see where the plot takes us. Still a lot of build-up, so hopefully the payoff is good.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:02 pm

Moro continues to retain my intrigue. so that a good thing. I really hope his abilities do provide something unique to the magical arsenal of mystical characters in Dragon Ball.

I'm getting some real King Piccolo vibes from this whole arc so far. I just hope Toyotaro can stick the landing.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:08 pm

BWri wrote:
shadd21 wrote:Three leaked images of the chapter.
I somehow ended up talking about this particular point a lot in these forums, on Youtube, and IRL these last few weeks but does this mean Vegeta will actually acknowledge the Namekians he slaughtered a while back. It would bring some closure of that incident to someone like me who's been holding that over Vegeta's head for years now.
Michsi wrote:
It would make him almost like a canon version of Slug, keeping in theme with canonizing movie ideas.
We have a canon version of Slug, he's name is Demon King Piccolo.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Dragono
Beyond Newbie

Post by Dragono » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:09 pm

HeroR wrote:
BWri wrote:
shadd21 wrote:Three leaked images of the chapter.
I somehow ended up talking about this particular point a lot in these forums, on Youtube, and IRL these last few weeks but does this mean Vegeta will actually acknowledge the Namekians he slaughtered a while back. It would bring some closure of that incident to someone like me who's been holding that over Vegeta's head for years now.
Michsi wrote:
It would make him almost like a canon version of Slug, keeping in theme with canonizing movie ideas.
We have a canon version of Slug, he's name is Demon King Piccolo.
Who came first. actually.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:12 pm

Too rushed and it seems a Goku and Vegeta saga.

Still, at least we got a proper evil character.

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:14 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:Too rushed and it seems a Goku and Vegeta saga.

I'm surprised you find this rushed since I think it was very slow paced.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:17 pm

OLKv3 wrote:

I mean, they're already fighting against the main villain. That's rushed to me.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:19 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:

OLKv3 wrote:

Yes, I feel like Moro's true power will remain a mystery for a good 3-4 months. This saga with all the mysteries could easily be dragged out possibly even longer than the ToP. At least it's not here's another Freeza now save the day right? There was some good thoughts put into the villain's backstory this time around, key elements so far that I doubt Toriyama would remember. Boo absorbing the head Kai etc... Plus we don't know if he is the main villain, I doubt it's his final form at least. He could very well be a remnant of something or someone much greater, Moro might not even be his name :P

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Kepiaschkz wrote:Theses are pretty good guesses. And If he's smart enough I bet he's even going to ask Porunga to gather them for him. He can also use another wish to learn the language of the gods.

Porunga can't gather the Super Dragon Balls even if they were active since they tried something like that in the Super anime with Shenron. It was impossible since the universe is big and that's not even getting into the Dragon Balls that would be in U6. Also, speaking only the language of the gods isn't wide known information since Gowasu didn't even know that part about the Super Dragon Balls.
Kanassa wrote:
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

prince212
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by prince212 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:20 pm

Slow pace chapters , yes .
Fighting the enemy so soon doesn’t mean they’ll end this soon. On the contrary, seems there’s lots of things to happen , and of course the goat is gonna retake his full magic
It was as if a whole lot of people ...were screaming in pain....

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:22 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
OLKv3 wrote:

They fought Black by the third episode of the Black arc, they fought the Androids pretty much immediately after they were born, Raditz was fought immediately, etc. That doesn't mean it's rushed when it's clearly just a showcase of what the villain can do before the heroes are forced to retreat

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:25 pm

OLKv3 wrote: They fought Black by the third episode of the Black arc, they fought the Androids pretty much immediately after they were born, Raditz was fought immediately, etc. That doesn't mean it's rushed when it's clearly just a showcase of what the villain can do before the heroes are forced to retreat
The Androids and Raditz was starter villains and Black was technically fought in the first episode by Trunks. So him fighting Goku and Vegeta isn't that jarring.
Kanassa wrote:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:34 pm

HeroR wrote:

Porunga can't gather the Super Dragon Balls even if they were active since they tried something like that in the Super anime with Shenron. It was impossible since the universe is big and that's not even getting into the Dragon Balls that would be in U6. Also, speaking only the language of the gods isn't wide known information since Gowasu didn't even know that part about the Super Dragon Balls.
Intreastingly he may not need to use a wish. He’s a magician, he may now spells that could allow him to get them. He’s also likely a master of a lot of arcane knowledge and law. He may know the language of the gods already, ether if it is written down in the mortal universe or since he was a threat to the Kaioshin, maybe he was able to travel to the afterlife and steal the knowledge in the passed.

Just spitballing of cause.

Namz
Beyond Newbie

Post by Namz » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:37 pm

Was that Vegeta SSG or SSB?

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:42 pm

Woulda liked Moori to be more upset Vegeta is even there, considering he did murder a bunch of nameks and ones that will never come back. I know he's a aware of Vegetas turn I'm sure, considering the climax to the Boo arc, but even still I think that would have been more of a neat way to show how Vegeta's evolved. Rather than just have Vegeta make the blanket statement and that's that. If or rather when Super comes back in anime form, I hope they do cover this as it'd be need to see. We really missed out on Vegeta having to deal with the consequences of his past actions when becoming good.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:46 pm

Namz wrote:Was that Vegeta SSG or SSB?
SSG, although Moro isn’t using his Magic yet.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 6:52 pm

I feel like Moro needs some kind of henchmen. Its weird just having Moro as the antagonist. Maybe with his full magic power he can create spirit warriors to fight for him. Or maybe when he takes the “souls” of people, he can posses there bodies with magic and use them to fight for him.

Also, i think Moro’s gonna get the dragon balls and regain his full magic power. Also, with how he’s 10 mil + years old, he probably knows of Kid Buu and maybe even knew of Bibidi.

The final battle maybe end up being Buu vs Moro. Wild theory but what if Goku lets Buu absorb him to fight Moro. So Majin Buu (Goku absorbed) vs Full Power Moro (who i think also has some sort of transformation).
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"