"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Marlowe89 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:21 pm

I can't believe you people have been discussing this for two pages. 4chan greentext leaks are never real.
PFM18 wrote:Okay, these leaks are definitely fake right?
Yes. There was a similar "leak" posted last month on /a/ that mentioned the same thing about Goku helping Moro. Probably from the same guy.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:30 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Jack Bz wrote:Why would Goku even care about getting to fight a Moro that isn't using his proper powers?
To test him out? That’s what Goku always does when he first meets someone new. How is it even possible to ask this question?
Test him out how? He’s not fighting the REAL Moro if he’s limiting Moro’s power.
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

TobyS
I Live Here

Post by TobyS » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:38 pm

Assuming Gokus bluffing about letting him absorb the dragons, or confident he can beat magicless morro those leaks could be true.

But they never are from 4chan
Yamcha almost certainly did not cheat on Bulma:
He was afraid of Women, Bulma was the flirty one.
Yamcha wanted to get married (it was his gonna be his wish)
He suggested they settle down in the Trunks saga.
Alternate future Trunks is not a reliable source.
Toriyama wanted new SSJ Kids and not make new characters.

Green_Goblin
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Green_Goblin » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:43 pm

Never trust 4Chan, especially in cases so clear to be spam like this one, it's even worse than those "Yamcha will be the 10th Member" rumor from 2017.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:47 pm

Kanassa wrote:
PFM18 wrote:Okay, these leaks are definitely fake right? They are from 4chan, which is a less than reputable source.

With that being said, Goku doing this really isn't any different from Vegeta letting Cell absorb 18 or Goku/friends allowing Gero to build the androids that were prophesied to murder all of them.
4Chan is a decent source in terms of getting good info (We have had true leaks from 4chan before), but they're also trolls, so (Discounting the obvious 'These are too dumb to be real') they're very likly to be fake.

Though I've seen a second set of leaks on 4chan that sound similar, but without the dumber elements.
If things come out super early, or are leaked, if often shows up on 4chan. However, that doesn't mean that every story on 4han is actually reputable, just that the idea that something that should show up first on 4 chan isn't impossible. I think these are most likely fake, as I believe most "leaks" on 4chan are usually fake.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:47 pm

This post does mention bad Saiyajin habits appearing again and worsening things but whatever that means is anyone's guess.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:25 pm

I'll believe it when I sees it, not befor.

IF this is true however, well Goku got away with starting the ToP because the universe were going to get erased anyway. I don't think anyone's going to forgive this level of stupidity writing wise. Goku at his worst is not this thirsty for fighting.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:40 pm

Lord Frieza wrote:I'll believe it when I sees it, not befor.

IF this is true however, well Goku got away with starting the ToP because the universe were going to get erased anyway. I don't think anyone's going to forgive this level of stupidity writing wise. Goku at his worst is not this thirsty for fighting.
This would survive even Buu arc levels "No, no, Vegeta, it wouldn't be fair if we fused to beat Buu now that he's weaker!"
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

Sonicjamareiz
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Sonicjamareiz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:59 pm

I'll admit The fighting part sounded very interesting and got me a little bit excited until I read that Goku used his character destruction technique which the anime overused. :sick:
Purple Cum Monster Vegeta arc :sick:

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 8:48 pm

Just hoping neither Goku or Vegeta are made to look bad in this chapter because I need a month of no Goku and Vegeta bashing. Is that really too much to ask?

Worried about that bad Saiyan habit. That could refer to either of them or even both of them. Sigh.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:12 pm

Kinokima wrote:Just hoping neither Goku or Vegeta are made to look bad in this chapter because I need a month of no Goku and Vegeta bashing. Is that really too much to ask?

Worried about that bad Saiyan habit. That could refer to either of them or even both of them. Sigh.
At worst, it'll probably be like
Moro: Hey, mind waiting a sec while I charge up this super cool attack?
Goku: Well, I don't see why not. I mean, this battle has been pretty one-sided so far, I almost feel sorry for ya!

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:20 pm

There's this https://twitter.com/GShin23/status/1097 ... 02240?s=09 floating around. Dunno how real it is though. Especially because I haven't seen any other pages with it.

I want to hope Moro's actual powers are more creative and off the wall than the ones in the fake leaks.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:28 pm

Chuquita wrote:There's this https://twitter.com/GShin23/status/1097 ... 02240?s=09 floating around. Dunno how real it is though. Especially because I haven't seen any other pages with it.

I want to hope Moro's actual powers are more creative and off the wall than the ones in the fake leaks.

That page doesn’t seem to give much away but it does look real to me.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:07 pm

Chuquita wrote:There's this https://twitter.com/GShin23/status/1097 ... 02240?s=09 floating around. Dunno how real it is though. Especially because I haven't seen any other pages with it.

"Written by Akira Toriyama. Art by Toyotarou"
Has that been on other chapters? Because Toyo is the writer no matter how much oversight and outlines Toriyama provides

Also, why is it alreayd translated here?

Kanassa wrote:

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:11 pm

Kanassa wrote:

"Written by Akira Toriyama. Art by Toyotarou"
Has that been on other chapters? Because Toyo is the writer no matter how much oversight and outlines Toriyama provides

Also, why is it alreayd translated here?
Original Japanese wording has been the same since chapter 1.
The Viz and other sites who translate them have had 2 or more variations. Sometime Story by Toriyama and Art by Toyotaro, other time Original story by Toriyama and Manga by Toyotaro and so on...

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Tue Feb 19, 2019 11:54 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Jack Bz wrote:Why would Goku even care about getting to fight a Moro that isn't using his proper powers?
To test him out? That’s what Goku always does when he first meets someone new. How is it even possible to ask this question?
Lol jeez. I just meant the fact that according to these fake leaks, Goku already faced Moro and was firmly beaten, and on rematch Goku just wants him to straight up not use the powers that made him win rather than try and overcome the difference. Seems out of character to me, Goku not even trying to overcome what beat him and requesting a handicap.

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:00 am

New leak
''I can't...turn into Super Saiyan?''

Is this the correct dialogue?

Well, judging only this part, I would say that Moro only absorbed Vegeta's powers. Some people are already talking about losing the God Ki or the SSJ4 appearing, and I find this quite unlikely

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:20 am

This would happen to Vegeta. ^^;

Maybe they're gonna have to get creative to beat this guy if he zaps them of their power.

Also it kinda confirms that if he can seal or steal their basic blond ssj power that there's a way to return the power to them. EoZ and all.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:29 am

Vegeta probably egging Moro on to show him his power is I assume the bad habits of the Saiyans (sigh)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Feb 20, 2019 1:06 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:''I can't...turn into Super Saiyan?''

Is this the correct dialogue?
Yep, it is.

Edit: some more information available from some panels:

Moro can turn the energy he absorbs from planets and life into attacks.
Vegeeta can't beat Moro and, while in God, bluffs about not having any more power ups. Eventually, he turns Blue, with a flame-like aura, and can now evade Moro's magic attacks.