"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1560
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 am

Apparently, this is the dialogue on the leaked page of Beerus and Whis

Whis: "By the way, is it okay to leave this incident there as it is?"

Beerus: '' I don't care about the planet of those guys who only drink water. I have zero interest in that. "

And Beerus again, not caring much about U7

User avatar
Gt91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 437
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:39 am


User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21085
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:47 am

dbzfan7 wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 10:16 pm
I'm just twiddling my thumbs hoping Boo actually gets to do something this time. Though I highly doubt it.
That what I want the most.

Personally, I would love for Majin Boo to be the one who saves the day and defeats Moro.

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 14167
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 1:50 pm

I want the Moro saga to go on for a pretty long time in the manga. So if Super comes back, they have enough stuff to adapt for the anime and I really like Moro's character. I would hate to see him be killed off so soon.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 368
Joined: Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:52 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by shadd21 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm

I swear Beerus is about as active in the plot of Super as Piccolo at this point.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 am
Apparently, this is the dialogue on the leaked page of Beerus and Whis

Whis: "By the way, is it okay to leave this incident there as it is?"

Beerus: '' I don't care about the planet of those guys who only drink water. I have zero interest in that. "

And Beerus again, not caring much about U7
Continues to the worst God of Destruction. Seriously, you nearly got erased on this kind of BS and you're also leaving the people who helped your butt out to dry.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DainIronfoot » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:29 pm

HeroR wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 am
Apparently, this is the dialogue on the leaked page of Beerus and Whis

Whis: "By the way, is it okay to leave this incident there as it is?"

Beerus: '' I don't care about the planet of those guys who only drink water. I have zero interest in that. "

And Beerus again, not caring much about U7
Continues to the worst God of Destruction. Seriously, you nearly got erased on this kind of BS and you're also leaving the people who helped your butt out to dry.

Indeed, you'd think he would of learned to change his ways a bit. Nope lol.

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6153
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Sun Mar 17, 2019 5:04 pm

HeroR wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 am
Apparently, this is the dialogue on the leaked page of Beerus and Whis

Whis: "By the way, is it okay to leave this incident there as it is?"

Beerus: '' I don't care about the planet of those guys who only drink water. I have zero interest in that. "

And Beerus again, not caring much about U7
Continues to the worst God of Destruction. Seriously, you nearly got erased on this kind of BS and you're also leaving the people who helped your butt out to dry.
I'm sure he'll get off his ass when Moro kills the Supreme Kai and erases him- Oh wait.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 21085
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Mar 17, 2019 7:56 pm

DainIronfoot wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:29 pm
HeroR wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:22 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:38 am
Apparently, this is the dialogue on the leaked page of Beerus and Whis

Whis: "By the way, is it okay to leave this incident there as it is?"

Beerus: '' I don't care about the planet of those guys who only drink water. I have zero interest in that. "

And Beerus again, not caring much about U7
Continues to the worst God of Destruction. Seriously, you nearly got erased on this kind of BS and you're also leaving the people who helped your butt out to dry.

Indeed, you'd think he would of learned to change his ways a bit. Nope lol.
You would have thought after the events of the Tournament Of Power, that Beerus would be a more pragmatic and diligent deity.

I guess not.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13034
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:48 pm

Moro is pretty much doing Beerus' job and practically playing god. I would think he'd be bothered by that at least. He'll go around fucking up the so called "Order". But it's fine? Beerus' job confuses me on these arbitrary rules.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 pm

Hopefully this is the end of the fight. Next month Goku/Vegeta gets rescued and gets off Namek. I'm sick of Namek and way more interested in Merus and the Galactic Patrol story with Boo. We saw Moro's power and devastation, and most of us knew Goku/Vegeta would lose the first fight. Let's move on to the actual meat of the story now. Moro has been established as dangerous, what is the counter.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm

OLKv3 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 pm
Hopefully this is the end of the fight. Next month Goku/Vegeta gets rescued and gets off Namek. I'm sick of Namek and way more interested in Merus and the Galactic Patrol story with Boo. We saw Moro's power and devastation, and most of us knew Goku/Vegeta would lose the first fight. Let's move on to the actual meat of the story now. Moro has been established as dangerous, what is the counter.
What’s wrong with planet Namek? I like it! We haven’t seen any of it in Super so far, so this is fresh and nice change to see it back. As for the counter to Moro’s magic? It’s Ultra Instinct! The perfect battle ability.
“The fool looks for God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
PFM18
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 3701
Joined: Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by PFM18 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm

shadd21 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm
I swear Beerus is about as active in the plot of Super as Piccolo at this point.
Good. It provides more tension that way

User avatar
OLKv3
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1666
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 12:39 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by OLKv3 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm
OLKv3 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 pm
Hopefully this is the end of the fight. Next month Goku/Vegeta gets rescued and gets off Namek. I'm sick of Namek and way more interested in Merus and the Galactic Patrol story with Boo. We saw Moro's power and devastation, and most of us knew Goku/Vegeta would lose the first fight. Let's move on to the actual meat of the story now. Moro has been established as dangerous, what is the counter.
What’s wrong with planet Namek? I like it! We haven’t seen any of it in Super so far, so this is fresh and nice change to see it back. As for the counter to Moro’s magic? It’s Ultra Instinct! The perfect battle ability.
We've been there for 3 chapters. At this point, Moro's power has been established, Goku and Vegeta got owned, now it's time to move on to the actual story: Moro's goal, Merus in general, and Majin Boo

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2609
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:02 am

OLKv3 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:59 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm
OLKv3 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 10:53 pm
Hopefully this is the end of the fight. Next month Goku/Vegeta gets rescued and gets off Namek. I'm sick of Namek and way more interested in Merus and the Galactic Patrol story with Boo. We saw Moro's power and devastation, and most of us knew Goku/Vegeta would lose the first fight. Let's move on to the actual meat of the story now. Moro has been established as dangerous, what is the counter.
What’s wrong with planet Namek? I like it! We haven’t seen any of it in Super so far, so this is fresh and nice change to see it back. As for the counter to Moro’s magic? It’s Ultra Instinct! The perfect battle ability.
We've been there for 3 chapters. At this point, Moro's power has been established, Goku and Vegeta got owned, now it's time to move on to the actual story: Moro's goal, Merus in general, and Majin Boo
Patience, my friend. The story can’t fly by as fast as you would like to. What’s the rush anyway? I kinda like where we are now, though i can’t wait for him to make his wish and become whole ofcourse.
“The fool looks for God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

Legion
Regular
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:31 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Legion » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:44 am

I'm not surprised about Beerus.

This is what happens when a character is much stronger than the main characters. Beerus will never kill Goku's enemies. Too easy.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:14 am

PFM18 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm
shadd21 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm
I swear Beerus is about as active in the plot of Super as Piccolo at this point.
Good. It provides more tension that way
It adds stupidity since we just came off an arc where Beerus was nearly erased because he didn't take good care of his universe, but instead of learning his lesson and trying to be a better God of Destruction, he's back to being a lazy bastard. I mean, what was even the point of the TOP if everyone scoffs at the lessons 'learned' from it, like Goku and Vegeta going right back to 'fuck teamwork' after the last leg of the TOP was all about 'teamwork is magic'.

That and Beerus looks like an ungrateful bastard to Goku and Vegeta since these two were his champions who helped saved U7, but he can't be bother to even humor helping them because 'I don't care about people who only drinks water'. I mean, he could have just said he wanted to see how Goku and Vegeta can overcome this. This especially comes off as jarring since in the Broly movie, Beerus despite just having one scene after the fact, not counting the sneezed he gave when Goku mentioned him to Broly, he showed relief that everything worked out, suggesting that he would have done something if things went too far south.

Finally, Moro was a guy who nearly killed the Supreme Kais in the past, means that he nearly killed Beerus. So you would think for self-preservation that he would at least humor doing something about Moro. But nope, still can't be bothered.

This also furthers shows that Black's line of 'Beerus being the most troublesome God of Destruction' was absolute bullshit.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1784
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm

HeroR wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:14 am
PFM18 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 11:54 pm
shadd21 wrote:
Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:03 pm
I swear Beerus is about as active in the plot of Super as Piccolo at this point.
Good. It provides more tension that way
It adds stupidity since we just came off an arc where Beerus was nearly erased because he didn't take good care of his universe, but instead of learning his lesson and trying to be a better God of Destruction, he's back to being a lazy bastard. I mean, what was even the point of the TOP if everyone scoffs at the lessons 'learned' from it, like Goku and Vegeta going right back to 'fuck teamwork' after the last leg of the TOP was all about 'teamwork is magic'.

That and Beerus looks like an ungrateful bastard to Goku and Vegeta since these two were his champions who helped saved U7, but he can't be bother to even humor helping them because 'I don't care about people who only drinks water'. I mean, he could have just said he wanted to see how Goku and Vegeta can overcome this. This especially comes off as jarring since in the Broly movie, Beerus despite just having one scene after the fact, not counting the sneezed he gave when Goku mentioned him to Broly, he showed relief that everything worked out, suggesting that he would have done something if things went too far south.

Finally, Moro was a guy who nearly killed the Supreme Kais in the past, means that he nearly killed Beerus. So you would think for self-preservation that he would at least humor doing something about Moro. But nope, still can't be bothered.

This also furthers shows that Black's line of 'Beerus being the most troublesome God of Destruction' was absolute bullshit.
You're right, but Beerus can't fight Moro now, for plot reasons.

User avatar
Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account
Posts: 1926
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:30 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:57 pm

HeroR wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 11:14 am
he showed relief that everything worked out, suggesting that he would have done something if things went too far south.
No, it doesn't suggest that at all.

The whole point of Beerus' role in the Broly movie, particularly his dialogue at the start, was to reinforce the fact that he's just as much of a lazy shit as he ever has been. For that matter, nothing in either version of the Universe Survival arc indicated he'd develop any kind of propensity to change his ways.

And why would he?

Beerus, contrary to popular belief, isn't a main character in Super. There's no real narrative basis for initiating any development on his behalf because the stories often don't revolve around him. What purpose would it serve? How would it drive the plot?

This idea that all fan-favorites automatically deserve some kind of internal change is trivial when they're not presented as anything more than a plot device at best and meaningless fluff at worst.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Mon Mar 18, 2019 1:36 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:55 pm
You're right, but Beerus can't fight Moro now, for plot reasons.
Plot or not, the excused they used about why Beerus does nothing doesn't make sense for the reasons I named. That and it's the job of the God of Destruction to destroy evil mortals that abused the gods' knowledge. People like Beerus was one of the big things Zamasu had issue with, the gods not doing their jobs.

Good lord, I would take Beerus slept through the whole thing like Buu. Yeah, it would still show he sucks at his job, but it's better than this blind indifference after the trauma of the TOP.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Post Reply