"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

nato25
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by nato25 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:11 am

Kanassa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:10 am
TKA wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:52 am Everything in the prison happened "one ment" before they arrived on Namek, so it actually took them "one ment" to get there.
OLKv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 am It took them almost two chapters to get to Namek, I don't think that counts as instantly
And in those two chapters, not much time has been able to pass. Plus, Moro's wish apparently took the form of some vague shape that had to travel to the prison in the first place.

And again, how did they even know where to go?
They would have sensed Moro I guess?

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:17 am

TKA wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:52 am Everything in the prison happened "one ment" before they arrived on Namek, so it actually took them "one ment" to get there.
OLKv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:16 am It took them almost two chapters to get to Namek, I don't think that counts as instantly
And in those two chapters, not much time has been able to pass. Plus, Moro's wish apparently took the form of some vague shape that had to travel to the prison in the first place.

Because Moro planned it out before he escaped. The lead prisoner says it, then Moro talks about fulfilling his promise.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 am

OLKv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:17 am

Because Moro planned it out before he escaped. The lead prisoner says it, then Moro talks about fulfilling his promise.
And Moro gave them directions to a planet he didn't know the location of?
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:37 am

Kanassa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:31 am

Cranberry knew the location.

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:49 am

OLKv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:37 am

No, he didn't. He just knew about the Dragon Balls and piloted the ship. Moro found Namek after scanning for a while on Cranberry's ship just before Goku tried sensing him.

Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:54 am

Kanassa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:49 am

No, he didn't. He just knew about the Dragon Balls and piloted the ship. Moro found Namek after scanning for a while on Cranberry's ship just before Goku tried sensing him.
Nothing says Moro scanned for Namek on the ship. When they show us Moro, Cranberry is already headed to Namek, and Moro is amazed at how much life exists in the universe. Your question has easy answers
We know:
Moro planned this before escaping
He let that Prisoner in on his plan
Cranberry was also part of the plan and let Moro know about the DBs
So why is it so wild for you to assume he also let them know where to go when his plan worked?

Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Kanassa » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:56 am

OLKv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:54 am

Nothing says Moro scanned on the ship. When they show us Moro, Cranberry is already headed to Namek, and Moro is amazed at how much life exists in the universe. Your question has easy answers
We know:
Cranberry was also part of the plan
So why is it so wild for you to assume he also let them know where to go when his plan worked?
Because as the story shows, he couldn't have?

Kanassa wrote:

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 am

Kanassa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:56 am

Nothing says Moro scanned on the ship. When they show us Moro, Cranberry is already headed to Namek, and Moro is amazed at how much life exists in the universe. Your question has easy answers
We know:
We just went over how he could.
Cranberry tells Moro about the DBs
Moro scans for planet, confirms location
Cranberry breaks him out
Moro lets other Prisoner know of his plan
They leave and go to Namek
How is this impossible?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:00 am

We dont know how much time a "Ment" equates to though. So you cant really assume that it means one minute or instantly or whatever.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:04 am

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 10:00 am
We dont know how much time a "Ment" equates to though. So you cant really assume that it means one minute or instantly or whatever.
fair enough

TKA
Advanced Regular

Post by TKA » Sat Jul 20, 2019 12:20 pm

Kanassa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:10 am And in those two chapters, not much time has been able to pass. Plus, Moro's wish apparently took the form of some vague shape that had to travel to the prison in the first place.

Are you seriously complaining about time in a static medium? You won't ever get any kind of satisfying answer if you're denying that in-universe, "one ment" has passed even though the author is expressly telling you so. There's no further discussion to be had.

But I'll humor you.

1 chapter of the original dragonball was 14-15 pages. Nowadays, modern weekly manga have 17-18 pages. The average anime adaptation has 2.5-3 chapters making up one 23 minute episode. The Super manga is 44-45 pages. That's about 1 episode+ each. He made his wish in chapter 48 and now it's chapter 50. That's about an hour.

That's the extent to which I'll humor you.
The Creatives who inspire me: Akira Toriyama, George Lucas, Chris Nolan, J. R. R. Tolkien and Zack Snyder

http://i.imgur.com/XAnj7Yi.jpg

You saw Batman v Superman? Is it the Ultimate Edition? No? Then you haven't seen Batman v Superman. Also, the Snyder Cut is the greatest, non-deconstructionist ensemble comic book film ever made.

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Post by Liquir » Sat Jul 20, 2019 1:14 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:58 am
Kanassa wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 9:56 am
We know:
We just went over how he could.
Cranberry tells Moro about the DBs
Moro scans for planet, confirms location
Cranberry breaks him out
Moro lets other Prisoner know of his plan
They leave and go to Namek
How is this impossible?
Moro also has telepathy. He was able to speak to Cranberry from a distance. Don't see why he shouldn't be able to speak from a much larger distance, especially since he exceeds in that department and can scan the entire universe. Even if he didn't plan it, he could telepathically speak to the prisoners and tell them that he set them free but they must go to him immediately afterwards and give them directions to his location.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 pm

although I said that I don't cared about the designs ... I can not avoid bother because toyotaro use the designs of the universe 6, so why I want ... other similar designs if we already have to hit, botamo and maguetta? the rest are ok except the girl who looks like an OC of DBH

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 2:41 pm Image

although I said that I don't cared about the designs ... I can not avoid bother because toyotaro use the designs of the universe 6, so why I want ... other similar designs if we already have to hit, botamo and maguetta? the rest are ok except the girl who looks like an OC of DBH
I like that these designs are similar to those from Universe 6, as these races exist in both universes. And we all know Toryiama would have never gotten around to doing this himself. He would have forgotten about it and moved on. Same with Planet Yardrat. This is the benefit of having a fan of the series writing the manga, because it allows for things that only a fan would think of.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:20 pm

Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 pm

I like that these designs are similar to those from Universe 6, as these races exist in both universes. And we all know Toryiama would have never gotten around to doing this himself. He would have forgotten about it and moved on. Same with Planet Yardrat. This is the benefit of having a fan of the series writing the manga, because it allows for things that only a fan would think of.
if that were the case, we would be exploring other universes ... instead of continuing in universe 7 where it is supposed that there was nothing more to offer

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Sat Jul 20, 2019 4:28 pm

What could Vegeta learn from the Yardratians that would give him an edge over Moro? I'm a little miffed at the fact that Toyotaro seems to be taking Vegeta in a direction that the character himself admits he doesn't like. Is it character development? Well I would sooner hope for other options to be exhausted before doing that. I mean why couldn't Goku or Piccolo use the Mafuba to seal Moro away? Unless I'm forgetting something here it may work.

The wish itself was pretty unremarkable like some others have explained. Moro is a planetary consumer of life essence. What purpose would he have for a party of convicts? Moro isn't the megalomaniacal type. His ambitions seem to be more along the lines of Buu or maybe Cell in that he seeks beings or groups out to sate some desire that he has, resulting in their deaths, without trying to subjugate them.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jul 20, 2019 6:19 pm

It's not the best arc ever, but it's definitely been refreshing because how different it is. More of this and much, much less tournaments and reusing old villains.

I don't care about the Galactic Patrol but if they are part of the DB Worl now, this is a smart way to use them. I enjoyed the jailbreak because it was something new.Have some prisoners look like U6 characters was smart from Toyotaro, because U7 and U6 are twin universes. I'm also liking how is involving different planets.

So far my only major complaint keeps being Goku/Vegeta spotlight. I'm tired of them. Wish they had the balls to make something original as Boku no Hero Academia manga is doing right now.

The volume cover is great and it gives me Star Wars vibes.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Block88
Beyond Newbie

Post by Block88 » Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:33 pm

I find it annoying how toyo keeps treating Moro energy drain ability as magic where it just himmabsorbing you at a very fast rate.
Wouldn’t hurt to actually have Moro do actual magic.

Kaiza_Toshiyuki
Temporarily Banned

Post by Kaiza_Toshiyuki » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:30 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:20 pm
Kaiza_Toshiyuki wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:06 pm

if that were the case, we would be exploring other universes ... instead of continuing in universe 7 where it is supposed that there was nothing more to offer
I mean, we did JUST get off the back of a Multiverse Spanning Tournament. It would be a bit of rushing it if right after the tournament we went to explore the multiverse.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sat Jul 20, 2019 8:33 pm

It is not important ... but I think it was already clear with the Saiyans of U6 and Frost that both universes are "twins" Why do they need to remind us? I can understand other maguetta but other hit takes away singularity if we already have an equal character

I remember many did not like it the first time we saw Frost because it was the same as Frieza even though he was a character to establish the similarities between both universes but now everyone likes that idea all of a sudden .. I do not feel it right, taking into account the many holes that there are with enemies that come out of nothing ... moro is justifies, the others not.

Block88 wrote: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:33 pm I find it annoying how toyo keeps treating Moro energy drain ability as magic where it just himmabsorbing you at a very fast rate.
Wouldn’t hurt to actually have Moro do actual magic.
I agree