"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:36 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:58 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:03 pm I hear there are plans to continue the anime.

And yes I do realize that TKA.
Rumors will be rumors, we all know what happened the last time.

"Saiyans have limitless potential" just sounds like a very incongruous way to describe Goku and Vegeta. Notwithstanding the notion that there've been a lot of incongruous things in the anime when compared to the original series. Might apply to Gohan tho.
Only problem is that its not a rumor. I found out by reading an interview. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the interview I saw.
I know what you're talking about. You're talking about this interview?

https://twitter.com/goreshx/status/1135 ... 21?lang=en

It's a movie, not anime, and we don't know where in the timeline it will take place. May very well be after the Moro arc, and I would be surprised if it went in another direction than that.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:38 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:36 pm
Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:48 pm

Rumors will be rumors, we all know what happened the last time.

"Saiyans have limitless potential" just sounds like a very incongruous way to describe Goku and Vegeta. Notwithstanding the notion that there've been a lot of incongruous things in the anime when compared to the original series. Might apply to Gohan tho.
Only problem is that its not a rumor. I found out by reading an interview. Unfortunately I can't seem to find the interview I saw.

It's a movie, not anime, and we don't know where in the timeline it will take place. May very well be after the Moro arc, and I would be surprised if it went in another direction than that.
You've only shown part of that interview. But yes that is the interview I meant. Yes I noticed that interview mentioned a new dragon ball movie but later on it also mentioned a return of the anime DBS.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:40 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:38 pm

Part of that interview yes. But only a small part.
That interview doesn't talk about an anime. None of the scans or translations I've seen talk about an anime.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:40 pm

That interview doesn't talk about an anime. None of the scans or translations I've seen talk about an anime.
This site was what I saw it in but nothings there now https://omnitos.com/news/2019/06/04/new ... 100-coming
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:49 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:43 pm

This site was what I saw it in but nothings there now https://omnitos.com/news/2019/06/04/new ... 100-coming
Lmao first the URL just has the usual clickbait title referring to the movie only. Second, I don't know anything about that site but if it's anything like the clickbait sites such as Comicbook.com or Screenrant.com, then they don't provide anything new beyond what Twitter has already divulged (given almost all of their sources are usually based on Twitter leaks).

So basically there's no anime and only a possible movie in the works, which doesn't give us many details as to when it's going to take place.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 pm

Rakurai wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:49 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:43 pm

Lmao first the URL just has the usual clickbait title referring to the movie only. Second, I don't know anything about that site but if it's anything like the clickbait sites such as Comicbook.com or Screenrant.com, then they don't provide anything new beyond what Twitter has already divulged (given almost all of their sources are usually based on Twitter leaks).

So basically there's no anime and only a possible movie in the works, which doesn't give us many details as to when it's going to take place.
Well the thing I saw had some mention of anime in it. I can't prove it now but I remember it did.............. :evil:

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 11:30 pm

OhHiRenan wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:11 am My reading of Goku not eating is that training with Merus is making Goku more divine, suggesting that he’ll probably have some degree of control on Ultra Instinct sooner rather than later.

But I doubt it’ll be something that sticks if that’s the case. Goku not eating just feels wrong.
I like that!

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 pm
Well the thing I saw had some mention of anime in it. I can't prove it now but I remember it did.............. :evil:
Rule-of-thumb: don't ever believe anything unless there is proof for it.

If there is a claim, make sure that there is a source to back it up. Don't just eat up what you read. And make sure you understand the context surrounding the source.

If there is supposedly an inside leak about an anime return, but Toei says there are no plans for an anime, then take the word of Toei over the inside leak.

If there is mention of something that seems plausible but still tentative in an interview, hold your breath until there is an official announcement.

Official announcements and publications should be regarded as the only legitimate source of info.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:39 am

About the Goku not eating bit...I think it fits well as part of his training. UI is all about gaining control of emotions, what better way to discipline one's hunger through restraint.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:49 am

Who would have thought breathtarianism was the key to mastering Ultra Instinct?
Though to be fair it does make sense you have to be on the brink mentally and physically.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:08 am

Rakurai wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:32 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 10:54 pm
Rule-of-thumb: don't ever believe anything unless there is proof for it.

If there is a claim, make sure that there is a source to back it up. Don't just eat up what you read. And make sure you understand the context surrounding the source.

If there is supposedly an inside leak about an anime return, but Toei says there are no plans for an anime, then take the word of Toei over the inside leak.

If there is mention of something that seems plausible but still tentative in an interview, hold your breath until there is an official announcement.

Official announcements and publications should be regarded as the only legitimate source of info.
Yeah I'm aware of that rule of thumb.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 pm

So Goku can survive without eating?
I thought he was referring about not eating at that moment, not for his whole stay in the chamber.
But if he really stops eating it will be interesting to see. Will he lose weight and muscle mass, have some temporary mental side effects?
His biology as a Saiyan may be the explanation as to why he can survive without eating, but some side effect would be interesting to have. Maybe this will slowly make him lose control and bring on his innate Saiyan traits of aggressiveness and bloodlust, and by controlling these emotions he will get closer to UI.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:42 pm

emperior wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 pm So Goku can survive without eating?
I thought he was referring about not eating at that moment, not for his whole stay in the chamber.
But if he really stops eating it will be interesting to see. Will he lose weight and muscle mass, have some temporary mental side effects?
His biology as a Saiyan may be the explanation as to why he can survive without eating, but some side effect would be interesting to have. Maybe this will slowly make him lose control and bring on his innate Saiyan traits of aggressiveness and bloodlust, and by controlling these emotions he will get closer to UI.
If not eating is actually important to mastering MnG, I could see Goku mastering it to take on Moro and then giving it up by the end of the arc. Like Vegeta during the ToP, he may decide that it doesn't suit him and his lifestyle. Thus, he'll continue searching for new ways to reach greater heights.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:53 pm

I thought it was Merus who said he didn't eat.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:53 pm I thought it was Merus who said he didn't eat.
It was. Goku decided to mimic Merus.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 pm

Miracles wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:53 pm I thought it was Merus who said he didn't eat.
A Saiyan not eating? That's a ridiculous concept.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:00 am

Hulk10 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:38 pm
Miracles wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm
A Saiyan not eating? That's a ridiculous concept.
It has to do with mastering emotions, in order to achieve UI. Goku will discipline his body by any means it seems.
Besides, Goku did say the food isn't all that good there.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:59 am

batistabus wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:42 pm
emperior wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 12:29 pm So Goku can survive without eating?
If not eating is actually important to mastering MnG, I could see Goku mastering it to take on Moro and then giving it up by the end of the arc. Like Vegeta during the ToP, he may decide that it doesn't suit him and his lifestyle. Thus, he'll continue searching for new ways to reach greater heights.
Goku too deciding UI doesn’t fit him would make the technique pointless. Especially considering how so far it’s been hyped up as the ultimate thing for Goku to get.

If they want this arc to be filler, even though it surely doesn’t seem like it is anymore, then they may have Goku only tapping into UI for the fight with Moro due to the training with Merus - but not fully mastering it yet - and Vegeta would learn a gimmick he would only use in this battle alone.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 pm

Ah found the page I was seeking and here is a transcript n the Dragon Ball Super Broly JAPANESE Blu Ray, Akio Iyoku in an interview reveals that they are in early stages for a Dragon Ball Super Broly SEQUEL – yes ANOTHER Dragon Ball Super Movie is coming. DETAILS on what we know so far. New Dragon Ball Super Movie 2 Confirmed by 2020/21.

Some highlights by Terez27 Reddit.

This doesn’t mean there won’t be a new anime. It’s completely normal for anime and movies to be under production at the same time. They couldn’t do it with Super because Super’s production schedule was fucked from the moment it began and it basically never got better. Basically, every long-running anime has movies coming out alongside the anime: One Piece, even Dragon Ball and DBZ.

The new movie won’t be out this year. Broly was announced a year before it came out. (This new movie hasn’t exactly been announced yet, either.) The Japanese home release of Broly is their last promotional push for the movie; now that it’s out, we can expect them to move on to new stuff soon.

Iyoko might even be hinting that DB will be continuing in some other way, first: “We raised the bar a lot with Broly so we’re trying to avoid becoming burnt out. I think Dragon Ball will continue from here on out so we want you all to look forward to what’s coming up next.

Look for more information on the upcoming World Tour. The first stop is at San Diego Comic Con (SDCC), July 18-21. We are kinda sorta expecting something big there. Last year it was the first Broly trailer. We might get something even before then.

The interview goes as follows:

Akiyo lyoku: Head of the Dragon Ball Room

Hayashida Norihiro: Producer of Dragon Ball Super Broly

lyoku: We are steadily making preparations for the next Dragon Ball movie. Broly was excessively powerful, so we think things will probably head in a completely different direction next time around.

We raised the bar a lot with Broly so we’re trying to avoid becoming burnt out. I think Dragon Ball will continue from here on out so we want you all to look forward to what’s coming up next.

Hayashida: There are a lot of things that we have come to see through raising the bar so much.

This time we went so crazy on things such as staffing and casting that it made even myself think that it would not be possible to get any better.
But with this experience in hand, we will continue to aim even higher and higher.

lyoku: There are a bunch of things that we could not do this time, so I think whatever comes next will be even more incredible. Please look forward to it.

Is Dragon Ball Super Anime still Coming?
Yes, this movie is not related to the anime as per Geekdom, it will return eventually this year but not in July or maybe in July with a sudden announcement but this year definitely.

Why Dragon Ball Super 2 Anime is not yet announced?
Super really lives, and it will return this year with anime series, dbs2019 has good sources and insiders working there!

There are several reasons for the delay of Super Anime announcement:

One Piece Stampede Movie on August 9, 2019 (Any announcements related to other animes will impact the movie promotion of One Piece).
Better Animation and storyline for the new Super 2.

Looking at it though. I think it might be wrong about the anime since Toei claimed in march that there were no plans as yet for new episodes.

batistabus
Patreon Supporter

Post by batistabus » Mon Dec 02, 2019 9:41 pm

emperior wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:59 am Goku too deciding UI doesn’t fit him would make the technique pointless. Especially considering how so far it’s been hyped up as the ultimate thing for Goku to get.
That's one way of looking at it. Here's how I see it: Dragon Ball is the meandering story of Goku seeking greater challenges and strength. I think it would be completely fitting for Goku to give up on the technique when he finally finds mastery within his reach. He seeks personal growth, but he's true to himself. It's why he didn't become Earth's god, and it's why he wouldn't become a God of Destruction. Goku will do what he has to in order to defeat Moro (like how he'll fuse with Vegeta to defeat a villain), but after that, he'll go back to pursuing what he pleases.

Besides, it's not like mastering Migatte no Gokui automatically makes you invincible. It is still limited in various ways by the user. There are potentially other ways for Goku to grow.
emperior wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:59 am If they want this arc to be filler, even though it surely doesn’t seem like it is anymore, then they may have Goku only tapping into UI for the fight with Moro due to the training with Merus - but not fully mastering it yet - and Vegeta would learn a gimmick he would only use in this battle alone.
I don't see how this could possibly be a filler arc. The DBS anime filler arcs were a few episodes each and had no lasting character developments. This is just as long as any main arc and is challenging our heroes in new ways. Above all, Toriyama is contributing to it significantly.

Maybe Goku won't master MnG by the end of the arc. That would be fine, but I think this would be a good place to end that arc (that started in RoF).

As for Vegeta, it's already been established that Spirit Control isn't about a single gimmick technique. "Study how the spirit functions and the path will open to you as well."