"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noitsnothim
Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:46 am

Can somebody provide a summary for these chapters? (there's actual dialogue) https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... es-images/

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:08 am

Oh man, that knockoff Zarbon is really rustling my jimmies, I hope he's not just a bland "homage"

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:09 am

So is Merus from another Universe? Or can one Uni have multiple Angels now.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:15 am

Xeogran wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:09 am So is Merus from another Universe? Or can one Uni have multiple Angels now.
He could be from one of the destroyed universes, since angels don't really die when that happens

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:50 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:46 am Can somebody provide a summary for these chapters? (there's actual dialogue) https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... es-images/
From Google Translate
”Goku and Merus' training seems over, and Whis appears. Merus is surprised and calls him big brother.
Whis tells him that he cannot allow her to break the rules more than that. Merus tells him “you had therefore noticed” and Whis replies that there is nothing that we can hide between angels, that training remains training, but that using all its power is no longer a matter of training but combat.
Goku replied: "It is true that the angels, apart from training, are not allowed to fight."
Whis agrees and adds that what is most serious in Merus' actions is not that, but the fact that he intended to go to Earth to fight against Moro.
Goku therefore asks what happens to the angels who break the rules and Whis replies that they are destroyed.
Goku wonders, "Aren't angels supposed to be unable to die?" And Whis responds that this is the only time they can disappear / die. So he can't let Merus go further in what he does, and he whispers to her "you can feel happy that you are not being taken before the High Priest", and changes his clothes.
Merus therefore places all his hopes on Goku to beat Moro, and Whis takes Merus into the world of angels.
It was then that Goku realized that he was alone with the spacecraft and that he could not drive the spacecraft alone to Earth, and he yelled at Whis to come back because he was in trouble.”

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:15 am
Xeogran wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:09 am So is Merus from another Universe? Or can one Uni have multiple Angels now.
He could be from one of the destroyed universes, since angels don't really die when that happens
My only problem with that, is that when a GoD is inactive so is his angel. But that was somewhat debunked in the ToP, unless if it was a special case. Too much of a contradiction with what happens to the Angels. And if they do in fact remain active, wouldn't Zeno at least have them around in his palace with the GP?

Shin was telling bullshit in the Goku Black arc, or for whatever reason they want to change the whole concept behind Angels.
P O W E R

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:34 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 am My only problem with that, is that when a GoD is inactive so is his angel. But that was somewhat debunked in the ToP, unless if it was a special case. Too much of a contradiction with what happens to the Angels. And if they do in fact remain active, wouldn't Zeno at least have them around in his palace with the GP?

Shin was telling bullshit in the Goku Black arc, or for whatever reason they want to change the whole concept behind Angels.
Depends on what inactive means. Maybe it's not being dormant, but being inactive from their duties, pretty much as you said, hanging out

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:36 am

mute_proxy wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:34 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 7:18 am My only problem with that, is that when a GoD is inactive so is his angel. But that was somewhat debunked in the ToP, unless if it was a special case. Too much of a contradiction with what happens to the Angels. And if they do in fact remain active, wouldn't Zeno at least have them around in his palace with the GP?

Depends on what inactive means. Maybe it's not being dormant, but being inactive from their duties, pretty much as you said, hanging out
Yeah that could be the case. It is just that the way it was implied was exactly that. Being left dormant. Cause if they were still hanging around Black would have no chance at killing the Gods.
P O W E R

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:15 am

Noitsnothim wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:46 am Can somebody provide a summary for these chapters? (there's actual dialogue) https://dragonballsuper-france.fr/drago ... es-images/
- Meerus is an angel and Whiz steals him away from goku to "stand trial" with the omni king and grand preist

- Whis explains that Meerus is forbidden to train mortals as part of his "punishment" for what he did 10 billion years ago

- Goku doesn't understand what's going on (Duh)

- Whis tells goku to believe himself and remember his training

- vegeta fights some zarbon looking creature and smirks and thinks back to how weak he was on namek (compared to now)

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:27 am

jplaya2023 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:15 am
- Meerus is an angel and Whiz steals him away from goku to "stand trial" with the omni king and grand preist

- Whis explains that Meerus is forbidden to train mortals as part of his "punishment" for what he did 10 billion years ago

- vegeta fights some zarbon looking creature and smirks and thinks back to how weak he was on namek (compared to now)
What???

Where did you get these “details”???

10 billion years? Standing trial? That’s not what i read in the spoilers.

Can you please explain this to me.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:04 am

Lol so all those memes and half-serious theories about Merus being an Angel are basically true now.

It's possible Merus could be an Angel-in-training or the like. We do have GoD candidates and Kaioshin candidates after all.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!

Oracle
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Oracle » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:08 pm

If the translations are correct, then this "an Angel will be destroyed" rule might be something important in the future. Would Merus sacrifice himself for the sake of saving U7? We really need some drama and sad scenes!
Examples of building up drama are the GoD-Kaioshin connection and Zenoh's button.

And I am still amazed how since 2012, Angels are still a very mysterious race. :angel:

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:15 pm

I'm sick of every fight being a rehash of an older fight.
Also looks like Goku mastered UI at will. You can see him turn it on in the Merus scan

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:00 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:15 pm I'm sick of every fight being a rehash of an older fight.
Also looks like Goku mastered UI at will. You can see him turn it on in the Merus scan
I didn’t see that. If you’re refering to a facial close up of the UI eyes (in the upper left corner) that was Merus.

However, in one of the panels (right below) you saw Goku’s legs being cladded in a certain aura that was very reminiscient of UI, so is that what you’re refering to?

shadd21
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by shadd21 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:58 pm

Full synopsis of the chapter

https://twitter.com/DbsHype/status/1207 ... 75713?s=20

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:04 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:00 pm
OLKv3 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:15 pm I'm sick of every fight being a rehash of an older fight.
I didn’t see that. If you’re refering to a facial close up of the UI eyes (in the upper left corner) that was Merus.

However, in one of the panels (right below) you saw Goku’s legs being cladded in a certain aura that was very reminiscient of UI, so is that what you’re refering to?
Yes, it's the same UI aura. Goku used it on command

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 am

Rakurai wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:43 am
RagnoKaito wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 12:08 pm
And that’s how Toriyama actually works since ToP arc xD

For this arc, Toriyama just said the team of Universe 7 and other few things like:
- 18 fight Ribrianne
- Piccolo fights Damon & Gamisaras
- Vegeta fights Toppo
- Goku fights Jiren
- Goku unclock Ultra Istinct
- 17 won and ripristinate The erased universes
- Frieza is resurrected by Whis

All The rest was made by Toyotaro and Toei and that’s why manga and anime are so different in this arc.
Except Toyotarou also said he was teaming up with Toriyama and getting a lot of praise as he makes it. Which has never been said about the previous arcs.

https://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations ... c-comment/

Which also means that Toriyama isn't just handing him a rough script and telling him to fill in the blanks. They're working on this together.
That means nothing because Toriyama has given negative and positive opinions about his work before it does not mean that he is more or less involved.
Miracles wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:34 pm
RagnoKaito wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 8:51 pm About Moro arc, please, read the FULL interview posted recently :D

What have you talked about with Toriyama-sensei when the “Galactic Patrol Prisoner Saga” began?

Toyotaro: When I met Toriyama-sensei, I was really surprised by the original idea of the original author. I was convinced that it would be a good story for each other and so I was able to get started. It will be revealed in the future, so I can't tell you more ... But I'm looking forward to seeing the secrets of the newly appearing characters that you can't imagine unless you're Mr. Toriyama.

Naturally, Toyotaro teaming-up with Toriyama for this arc, BUT this arc is still a Toriyama's idea, like the characters. Indeed, what Toyotaro did about Moro and Merus, is just the DESIGN, like most of the Hakaishin in the ToP arc for example. Also the 80% of the character in the ToP arc was made by Toyotaro or Toei, cuz Toriyama only worked on the (few) main characters of the saga.
Ah, so this arc is a Toriyama idea. What's with all the fanfic about it being Toyotaro's story?
It will still be valid .... many things are ideas of the author but they are toei and toyotaro that interpret this does not change that the work was bad or good

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Noah » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:22 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:19 pm Man, people really don't like Toyotaro. It seems difficult for people to accept that he's going to have greater involvement in the franchise going forward from here. It's already escalated if you look at the timeline.
Well, they have reasons to not like him. He's untalented, a terrible writer that can't develop a plot without constantly referencing old stuff and dump expositions.
batistabus wrote: Sat Dec 07, 2019 3:00 pm We're really doing this again, huh? I think there should be a "Dragon Ball: Canon Discussion" thread because I'm sick of seeing this here, but it's something people apparently are very interested in discussing.
This thread already exists.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 7:00 am

jplaya2023 wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:15 am

I asked you a question. And you’ve never responded to me. That’s rude. Don’t ever lie to us like that again. People take it serious and this is not funny or cool at all.

Rakurai
Advanced Regular

Post by Rakurai » Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:33 am

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:14 am That means nothing because Toriyama has given negative and positive opinions about his work before it does not mean that he is more or less involved.
He says he is teaming up with Toriyama. Which has never been said about the previous arcs. And then the latest interview confirms Toriyama's involvement including developing some major arc secrets.

It sure feels like more involvement if you ask me. At the very least, you cannot say the same thing (i.e. teaming up with Toyotarou, Toei) about the previous arcs.
Super Dragon Ball Heroes Universe Mission translation compilation here. All translations are done and owned by me.

SDBH 9th anniversary the secret development interview here. Learn how original SDBH characters such as SS3 Raditz, SS4 Bardock, Robel, & more were conceived!