"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Alruneia
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Alruneia » Fri Dec 20, 2019 11:36 am

That was fun. I just hope that Vegeta's showing in this chapter was a taste of what's to come, not all we're really gonna get. It's interesting to see Goku and Vegeta grow in different ways, though, so I'm happy with that, at least.
Anyway, the two-month time skip has passed, so the moment of truth is almost here. With these two months gone by, will the characters finally have grown? Will Goten and Trunks show up and be older? I know it's unlikely, but this is probably the best opportunity for it there is.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:10 pm

So Angels can ONLY be erased when they break their law. And we learned that a place called Angel Realm exists.

Therefore I believe the Angels and Grand Priest from the Future timeline survived Zeno's erasure, until proven otherwise. They haven't broken any code and Zeno just got rid of the whole thing, true, but we know nothing about the Angel Realm. They could still be safe there.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:30 pm

I wish this would stop being dragged out. This arc is way too long now, jesus. This and the last chapter are only thirty pages of material, if that, combined. Ugh.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:20 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:30 pm I wish this would stop being dragged out. This arc is way too long now, jesus. This and the last chapter are only thirty pages of material, if that, combined. Ugh.
If manga chapters were coming out every week, nobody would be fussing over the arc taking too long.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:30 pm

Xeogran wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:10 pm So Angels can ONLY be erased when they break their law. And we learned that a place called Angel Realm exists.

Therefore I believe the Angels and Grand Priest from the Future timeline survived Zeno's erasure, until proven otherwise. They haven't broken any code and Zeno just got rid of the whole thing, true, but we know nothing about the Angel Realm. They could still be safe there.
What if that Realm is one? Only one exists for all timelines and the GP (if not all the angels) are singularities? I think that's far more easy to manage, answers many questions and doesn't feel illogical.
P O W E R

nato25
Advanced Regular

Post by nato25 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:41 pm

I liked the progression in this chapter (vegeta messing up that beam for example was great).

Just in case anyone is not super literate like me (I'm 29 and I thought I was pretty smart but I never heard this word before) nascent power is not a new lore term or anything like that, it simply means (from Google translate)

especially of a process or organization) just coming into existence and beginning to display signs of future potential.
"the nascent space industry

And was it just me or did anyone find that fight extremely difficult to follow. How did the ship get wrecked by the powered up building again?

Grimlock
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Grimlock » Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:50 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:30 pmWhat if that Realm is one? Only one exists for all timelines and the GP (if not all the angels) are singularities? I think that's far more easy to manage, answers many questions and doesn't feel illogical.
How doesn't it feel illogical that the angels could be multiversal singularities but Zeno isn't? It's already a weird situation that Chronoa may be a singularity but you can still buy it because... Well, she's the freaking Kaioshin of Time but once you realize Zeno isn't... Then again, Zeno might not be at the top of the hierarchy, especially if you consider Toribot and his entry from the guidebook.
We help! ... Hmm. Always get Autobots out of messes they get into.

~ Day of the Machines ~

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:03 pm

By the way, Goku mastered Ultra Instinct, it's shown before Merus was just about to go all out.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:03 pm By the way, Goku mastered Ultra Instinct, it's shown before Merus was just about to go all out.
he didn't master it yet he only managed to use sign (omen) version of UI that's why when they're teleported outside
Goku's in his base again

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:08 pm
he didn't master it yet he only managed to use sign (omen) version of UI that's why when they're teleported outside
Goku's in his base again
He's in his base because he powered down. There would be no point in finishing the training and going all out for one last match with just a halfassed version of UI, one that supposedly isn't for attacking.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:29 pm

Yasai9001 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:20 pm
JulieYBM wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:30 pm I wish this would stop being dragged out. This arc is way too long now, jesus. This and the last chapter are only thirty pages of material, if that, combined. Ugh.
If manga chapters were coming out every week, nobody would be fussing over the arc taking too long.
I would, actually, but may I please have your crystal ball? I would like to win the lottery.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:46 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 pm
Goku's in his base again
He's in his base because he powered down. There would be no point in finishing the training and going all out for one last match with just a halfassed version of UI, one that supposedly isn't for attacking.
This. People shouldn’t jump to such conclusions with insufficient evidence to support it. In fact, you and i prefer to use occams razor here by assuming it must be the full completed power, since otherwise it makes no sense. There is no reason to assume the former.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:10 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:23 pm
Goku's in his base again
The aura of Omen and UI in the manga are exactly the same, so you can't tell which version it is. Goku says he would use everything he had learned so far, so it could actually be the Omen version.

Even though he said he would go with everything, this could be the most he could do with 6 months of training.
nato25 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:41 pm And was it just me or did anyone find that fight extremely difficult to follow. How did the ship get wrecked by the powered up building again?
Yuzun hurled the powered up building at Vegeta, which bounces back to Moro's henchman. Then Yuzun picks up the building and hurls upwards. When he's running away with the ship, the building comes back and kills him
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:14 pm

All right. Not an awful lot happened within this chapter, but for some reason i liked it more than the last one. I gues it came 'unwanted'. The Gohan vs 73 made a promess but didn't totally delivered after the Piccolo vs 73 that was better IMHO.

This chapter was just a nice transition between the fights against Moros minions to the big tier-fight that will start next month. Merus being an angel after all made sense. All other possible explaination because why he knew UI would have been weird. The reveal was well presented to us through the dialogue between Whis and the GP. I liked the Yardrat-stuff. The fight between Vegeta and the Zarbon-looking guy was pretty to really good, it demonstrated Vegetas new powers really well, and it was excellently drawn. I like how it's still a mystery whether or not Goku has mastered UI (he probably did or almost did), but we have to read on and see the final battle against Moro to get confirmation. That keeps tension up for the reader.

No, i think this chapter was a neat set-up for the big fight that's coming. No complaints here.
Last edited by Mister_Popo on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mute_proxy
Advanced Regular

Post by mute_proxy » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:14 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:10 pm
Even though he said he would go with everything, this could be the most he could do with 6 months of training.
Considering Merus was planning to go all out too, I'd assume Omen wouldn't be enough for sparring

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:59 pm

Anybody else notice that Merus halo started to appear around his neck when he was about to go all out?

Yasai9001
Beyond Newbie

Post by Yasai9001 » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:01 pm

JulieYBM wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 2:29 pm
Yasai9001 wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:20 pm
I would, actually, but may I please have your crystal ball? I would like to win the lottery.
No, my crystal ball is for me, only. :>

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:06 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:59 pm Anybody else notice that Merus halo started to appear around his neck when he was about to go all out?

This pretty much implies Goku has progressed substantially. Why else Merus had to go all out?
Merus is an apprentice angel, not as strong as Whis, but still, it's a serious advancement if Goku is able to push even a lower tier angel to his maximal strength.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Dec 20, 2019 4:38 pm

I enjoyed this chapter, it solved the already-solved mystery of Merus and I liked that he is an Angel in training instead of an unemployed Angel or the sole remanent of a long-gone universe. He is unexperienced and going through a learning process just like Goku and Vegeta, and just like those two he has a lot to learn.
I didn't want to lose Merus but I guess it is for the best, we can't have him fight Moro because it'd remove all the tension and that would make Beerus pointless.

Vegeta's training seems great, he now uses his full power without actually getting stronger, even though he sort of did get stronger. He can feel ki in a whole new other way, it feels like it is a breaking point in Vegeta as a fighter. Hope they don't ruin it (I'm looking at you, Akira).
The training wasn't down to just giantification, shunkanido or an improved zanzoken, they can heal and maybe they are saving something greater for Vegeta who passed on learning shunkanido, which is nice. I wanted to see some of his training and I got that, so kudos to Toyo. Toriyama failed to do so with Freeza's training which I disliked a great deal.

Yuzun, the new Zarbon, was a nice addition and served well to showcase Vegeta's true power. But I can't lie, I was dying for some Namek reference, maybe Yuzun knew Zarbon and wanted revenge, if Vegeta can have a brother, why can't Zarbon? He also reminded me of Caroni, Mr. Satan's student.

The question I have now is if they have been training for years now with Whis, why didn't he tell him that his body and spirit were out of sync? or did he know but just didn't care enough? Vegeta wasn't gonna fix that on his own.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:24 pm

mute_proxy wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:14 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:10 pm
Considering Merus was planning to go all out too, I'd assume Omen wouldn't be enough for sparring
But Merus wasn't about to use his full power because Goku forced it, but because they both agreed to have one last fight at full level (remembering that Merus also said that he would use full strength to get Goku to unlock the UI again), so that didn't necessarily means that Goku has mastered the silver-haired IU. It could be anything, but I'd bet it's Omen, the perfect UI would be very OP right now