"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:13 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:24 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:20 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:01 am So what do Moro, Vegeta and the Yardrat say at the end of the chapter?
Pybara warns that Moro's henchmen are already on Earth, but Vegeta says he can't go yet because the technique isn't complete and says it's okay because Moro hasn't started moving yet.

Seeing how his troops are being defeated, Moro seems to want to join the battle
Oh okay. Thanks. Vegeta can’t go because “instant transmission” hasn’t been learned by him yet? Or the technique to use against Moro? Because if it’s the latter, it doesn’t make sense for Vegeta or Pybara to say that it’s okay, since Moro isn’t on the move yet. They probably have a only few hours at best afterall!

Vegeta does not want to go because the technique to defeat Moro is not yet complete. He is able to sense spirits very far from him, so he knows that Moro hasn't moved yet. But he knows that Moro's henchmen are attacking

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:24 am

So pretty much everyone shows up except Goten & Trunks :(

Also it seems like Goku is having trouble getting back to Earth but doesn’t he know instant transmission?

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:42 am

darzap wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:57 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:24 amVegeta can’t go because “instant transmission” hasn’t been learned by him yet? Or the technique to use against Moro? Because if it’s the latter, it doesn’t make sense for Vegeta or Pybara to say that it’s okay, since Moro isn’t on the move yet. They probably have a only few hours at best afterall!
Even if Vegeta can't use instant transmission, I think the people from Yadrat can, couldn't they bring him to earth without delay? Because if that's the case, there is no rush, they can train to the very second Moro does something that needs to be prevented, similar to the last second arrival of Goku and Vegeta the Resurrection of F saga.
Oh right! I totally forgot about that! Good point! My bad.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:13 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 8:20 am

Pybara warns that Moro's henchmen are already on Earth, but Vegeta says he can't go yet because the technique isn't complete and says it's okay because Moro hasn't started moving yet.

Seeing how his troops are being defeated, Moro seems to want to join the battle
Oh okay. Thanks. Vegeta can’t go because “instant transmission” hasn’t been learned by him yet? Or the technique to use against Moro? Because if it’s the latter, it doesn’t make sense for Vegeta or Pybara to say that it’s okay, since Moro isn’t on the move yet. They probably have a only few hours at best afterall!

Vegeta does not want to go because the technique to defeat Moro is not yet complete. He is able to sense spirits very far from him, so he knows that Moro hasn't moved yet. But he knows that Moro's henchmen are attacking
I see. It’s very dissapointing news. I thought Toyotaro would do Vegeta better. It sucks that the Yardrats don’t have another time chamber of sorts, it seems at least. Or maybe Moro will sense that Vegeta isn’t ready yet and will give him some more time. But i don’t see that too likely. But there’s nothing worse than going into a battle half arsed with the training incomplete. So i would take anything but that ofcourse.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:55 am

Kinokima wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:24 am So pretty much everyone shows up except Goten & Trunks :(

Also it seems like Goku is having trouble getting back to Earth but doesn’t he know instant transmission?
looks like Goten and Trunks are protecting 17's island again. And Merus took Goku to a place where Moro couldn't find him, so he's probably too far away to be able to feel someone's Ki
GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:46 am

I see. It’s very dissapointing news. I thought Toyotaro would do Vegeta better. It sucks that the Yardrats don’t have another time chamber of sorts, it seems at least. Or maybe Moro will sense that Vegeta isn’t ready yet and will give him some more time. But i don’t see that too likely. But there’s nothing worse than going into a battle half arsed with the training incomplete. So i would take anything but that ofcourse.
Even if Moro starts to move, Vegeta will probably only face him when he has learned the technique from the Yardrats. This is also an excuse for him not to appear in the fight now (since that if if he appears first than Goku, it is almost certain that he will job while Goku saves the day)

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:11 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:55 am
Kinokima wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 9:24 am So pretty much everyone shows up except Goten & Trunks :(

looks like Goten and Trunks are protecting 17's island again. And Merus took Goku to a place where Moro couldn't find him, so he's probably too far away to be able to feel someone's Ki
Oh that’s good at least there are explanations. I guess that shows why you shouldn’t jump to conclusions before reading the text

I will say I personally would rather of had Goten & Trunks fighting over 17 ( who just had a good showing) but I can’t begrudge 17 fans getting some fan service and seeing him be part of everything again.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 am

Even if Moro starts to move, Vegeta will probably only face him when he has learned the technique from the Yardrats. This is also an excuse for him not to appear in the fight now (since that if if he appears first than Goku, it is almost certain that he will job while Goku saves the day)
Yeah your explanation makes sense and seems likely indeed. Do you understand japanese or korean? I haven’t taken a close enough look on it, but was the Yardrat doing something physically or spiritually to Vegeta when he stuck his hand out to him? I saw Vegeta kneeling to the ground. It was a bit weird to see. As for Goku, it seems like he’s still a long way from home.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 19, 2020 2:47 pm

Lionel wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:50 am
Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 1:20 am
This is nice .. sincerely but why now? why not 2 chapters before? we are stretching this too much :crazy:
if the idea was keeping the space criminals was for humans to participate then as an idea is a good thing ... but they had to skip all the scenes of goku and vegeta fighting against them, they only hurt and take away "presence" to the transformations and it is not necessary to give them so much time ... they are supposed to only be "filler" as the frieza soldiers, it still makes me sick that they have more time than the characters of the tournament of power

but in the end it will be great to see all the original z figthers again :D

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:04 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:40 am

Yeah your explanation makes sense and seems likely indeed. Do you understand japanese or korean? I haven’t taken a close enough look on it, but was the Yardrat doing something physically or spiritually to Vegeta when he stuck his hand out to him? I saw Vegeta kneeling to the ground. It was a bit weird to see. As for Goku, it seems like he’s still a long way from home.
I don't know Japanese, those were some translations that came out recently. And this training with Pybara seems to be both physically and mentally, but it is difficult to know what exactly Vegeta is going to learn.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:04 pm

I don't really care much for the Earthlings fighting Moro's cronies, but if the panelling and choreography are decent than maybe I can get a kick out of it. I just can't help but feel like this is skirmish will only last a few pages. And it doesn't help that Moro's cronies haven't got a signal character trait among them and haven't done anything to make me give a shit for them potentially being defeat. So there's no catharsis to be gained from the main cast and Galactic Patrol winning.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm

I wasn't even expecting anything and yet I'm still let down.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:14 pm

He does know instant transmission. But he can’t sense spirits that far away. Which is nonsense, since he could simply teleport himself to either King Kai’s planet, or the Kaioshin Realm from anywhere in the universe, and then teleport himself to earth from their realms. But that doesn’t happen here because it’s not convenient for plot reasons (building up tension and giving the earth fighters a chance to shine).

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 6:40 pm

that you didn't just ignore everything current after GT?

Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:28 pm

Was wondering what 7-3 copied from Gohan. Looks exactly like the rapid Chi-blasts used against Freeza on Namek.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:16 am

Tai Lung wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:29 pm

No need to get passive aggressive, Jesus. I’d appreciate if you dropped the attitude.

I may not read the Super manga but I do like to see what it’s doing.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:20 am

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:16 am

No need to get passive aggressive, Jesus. I’d appreciate if you dropped the attitude.

I'm not doing it ... it's just curiosity
i hate Moro Arc but i can't say it doesn't exist because it does

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:28 am

Super Saiyan Turlast x4 wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 11:28 pm Was wondering what 7-3 copied from Gohan. Looks exactly like the rapid Chi-blasts used against Freeza on Namek.
Not the most spectacular plagiarised technique to exploit -- but then Gohan isn't exactly known for having a wide plethora of unique powers, is he? We learn back in the Future Trunks arc that Future Gohan had apparently taught Trunks the Taiyoken. Who could have instructed him on how to use it, though? Goku probably didn't get much chance to instruct him as Chichi would be adamant about Gohan studying. Also, if Goku was intent on training Gohan in anything then it would have been on harnessing his innate potential. All that leaves is Tenshinan and Krillin. I'm not sure how much of a window there is for the latter to train Gohan and the former had almost no interaction with the young half-Saiyan throughout Z.

If anything, Seven-Three should be exploiting Piccolo's knowledge of the Mafuba -- with it he could put Gohan out of the fight and focus on the others.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 am

Does anyone else cringe when seeing Seven-Three? Everyone else’s designs are fine, his screams Hitto with horns and black eyes.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:35 am

Tai Lung wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:20 am
Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:16 am

I'm not doing it ... it's just curiosity
i hate Moro Arc but i can't say it doesn't exist because it does
You could present your “curiosity” less rudely then.
I dislike Super as a whole yes but I’ve never tried to say it doesn’t exist. When I “ignore it” I mean it’s non-canon to me.

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Mon Jan 20, 2020 1:51 am

Xeztin wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 12:56 am Does anyone else cringe when seeing Seven-Three? Everyone else’s designs are fine, his screams Hitto with horns and black eyes.
None of the designs from Moro's crew are good or original, except the punk girl and the one with glasses. Everyone else looks like a character we've already seen before but with some small changes.