"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Matches Malone
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 am
Maybe I should stop commenting until I read the full chapter, as it looks like there might be more going on than what we're seeing.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:51 am
Noitsnothim wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:49 am
Maybe I should stop commenting until I read the full chapter, as it looks like there might be more going on than what we're seeing.

User avatar
Matches Malone
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:10 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 am
This is just speculation, but if Goku found a way to counter Moro's technique, then what will Vegeta's role in all this be ? I wonder if there's more to 7 3 than what we've been shown.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:31 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:10 am
Noitsnothim wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:07 am
This is just speculation, but if Goku found a way to counter Moro's technique, then what will Vegeta's role in all this be ? I wonder if there's more to 7 3 than what we've been shown.

User avatar
Matches Malone
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:33 am

Noitsnothim wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 3:31 am
Is this part in the manga or are you just guessing ? I can't tell because it's in the spoiler tag as well.

User avatar
Gt91
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 353
Joined: Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:11 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gt91 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:42 am

I was right about
We'll see

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10275
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:11 pm
It seems like Vegeta still won't be appearing, so I really hopr tnat Toyotaro won't disappoint me when he gets involved.
Expecting Toyotaro to not disappoint you are playing a dangerous game...
Noitsnothim wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pm
A lot of readers (and fans) are super salty about the fact that Goku is getting hit by Moro while in Ultra Instinct there is no way Moro isn't above Beerus (Beerus has yet to show off his 100% and if we get to that rematch what's the point of Bringing out UI if it's portrayed like any other recent God form) It's supposed be untouchable and Goku trained for months with Merus there's not an excuse for this level of writing or bs

If Vegeta comes back with a form greater and more efficient than UI I'll be shocked
This was the problem making UI even if "Omen" into a normal switchable form this soon. Too f**king stupid. Toei had massive balls to ignore the form completely in Broly and this idiot shoves it into this "arc". I can't even.

User avatar
Matches Malone
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1310
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:29 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am
Expecting Toyotaro to not disappoint you are playing a dangerous game...

This was the problem making UI even if "Omen" into a normal switchable form this soon. Too f**king stupid. Toei had massive balls to ignore the form completely in Broly and this idiot shoves it into this "arc". I can't even.
Fans (including myself) may have put too much thought into Vegeta's training, and are beginning to expect too much. I've noticed a lot of comments taking the idea of Vegeta beating Moro as an inevitable fact, which is going to lead to massive disappointment when it doesn't happen. I'm also guilty of this, as I've gotten my hopes up a bit too much, so it might be time for everyone to take a step back and realize we haven't been promised anything of the sort, so we should keep an open mind if it doesn't happen. This smells like RF all over again when everyone just assumed he'd kill Freeza, only for fans to flip out when it didn't happen, resulting in what he did do being overlooked.

Toriyama approved everything in both Broly and this arc, so whatever you like or don't like about them got his OK. I do agree that UI being controllable this soon is a mistake.

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:29 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am
Expecting Toyotaro to not disappoint you are playing a dangerous game...

This was the problem making UI even if "Omen" into a normal switchable form this soon. Too f**king stupid. Toei had massive balls to ignore the form completely in Broly and this idiot shoves it into this "arc". I can't even.
Fans (including myself) may have put too much thought into Vegeta's training, and are beginning to expect too much. I've noticed a lot of comments taking the idea of Vegeta beating Moro as an inevitable fact, which is going to lead to massive disappointment when it doesn't happen. I'm also guilty of this, as I've gotten my hopes up a bit too much, so it might be time for everyone to take a step back and realize we haven't been promised anything of the sort, so we should keep an open mind if it doesn't happen. This smells like RF all over again when everyone just assumed he'd kill Freeza, only for fans to flip out when it didn't happen, resulting in what he did do being overlooked.

Toriyama approved everything in both Broly and this arc, so whatever you like or don't like about them got his OK. I do agree that UI being controllable this soon is a mistake.
UI still is a problem for Goku seeing as his stamina depletes as he fights

User avatar
emperior
I Live Here
Posts: 3933
Joined: Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:52 pm
Location: Dragon World
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by emperior » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 pm

What’s with fans expecting UI to be un-hittable? It doesn’t make sense, especially NOT for the Omen version! Or else why would it be an uncomplete version of the technique?

I could understand people complaints if Goku was using the silver haired version, but even that already received hits from Jiren in the anime.

There is a misconception that Ultra Instinct is “auto-dodge”. It isn’t. In fact in both mediums it has been shown multiple times that it doesn’t only dodge but also blocks hits. So, eventually someone strong and fast enough to force an UI user to block should be able to land some hits. Or a beam clash could overpower someone with UI.

By the way if I remember correctly in the manga the silver UI was never hit, while in the anime it was but that happened mid-air in a flying-less arena so it’s a special occasion (I don’t really remember if Goku was hit other times).
So maybe save the complaints for when silver UI gets hit in the manga.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:54 pm

emperior wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 1:35 pm
What’s with fans expecting UI to be un-hittable? It doesn’t make sense, especially NOT for the Omen version! Or else why would it be an uncomplete version of the technique?

I could understand people complaints if Goku was using the silver haired version, but even that already received hits from Jiren in the anime.

There is a misconception that Ultra Instinct is “auto-dodge”. It isn’t. In fact in both mediums it has been shown multiple times that it doesn’t only dodge but also blocks hits. So, eventually someone strong and fast enough to force an UI user to block should be able to land some hits. Or a beam clash could overpower someone with UI.

By the way if I remember correctly in the manga the silver UI was never hit, while in the anime it was but that happened mid-air in a flying-less arena so it’s a special occasion (I don’t really remember if Goku was hit other times).
So maybe save the complaints for when silver UI gets hit in the manga.
You're right he was never hit in the manga when he achieved the silver form (I reviewed the chapters again before the other leaks were release) I feel like the anime conveyed a better sense of Omen's dodging abilities here it's just like Super Saiyan Blue (if that makes sense)

Merus even thinks Goku can't achieve the higher form yet and they trained for 6 months only to work on controlling the stamina usage which inhibits Goku from Using Omen''s actual power (I think)

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Image
Could it be possible Goku's plan is actually working or in fruition?

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:26 pm

I read the translation of these images on twitter, and it’s confirmed guys! UI Omen has “God ki”... Piccolo noted that UI Omen Goku’s energy couldn’t be sensed by them! It’s confirmed UIO and UI = Godly Ki!
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Zamasu55
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1772
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 2:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Zamasu55 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:42 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:26 pm
I read the translation of these images on twitter, and it’s confirmed guys! UI Omen has “God ki”... Piccolo noted that UI Omen Goku’s energy couldn’t be sensed by them! It’s confirmed UIO and UI = Godly Ki!
That was obvious. It's the technique of a God.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Zamasu55 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:42 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 4:26 pm
I read the translation of these images on twitter, and it’s confirmed guys! UI Omen has “God ki”... Piccolo noted that UI Omen Goku’s energy couldn’t be sensed by them! It’s confirmed UIO and UI = Godly Ki!
That was obvious. It's the technique of a God.
I know it should have been obvious. But apparently not many people on the internet today are intelligent, and thus resort to jumping to totally irrational conclusions. I’m glad they’ve sorted that out this chapter. Would it be appropriate for me to say: “I TOLD YOU SO!” ? xD
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

Kinokima
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1327
Joined: Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:02 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kinokima » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:05 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:29 am
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:07 am
Expecting Toyotaro to not disappoint you are playing a dangerous game...

This was the problem making UI even if "Omen" into a normal switchable form this soon. Too f**king stupid. Toei had massive balls to ignore the form completely in Broly and this idiot shoves it into this "arc". I can't even.
Fans (including myself) may have put too much thought into Vegeta's training, and are beginning to expect too much. I've noticed a lot of comments taking the idea of Vegeta beating Moro as an inevitable fact, which is going to lead to massive disappointment when it doesn't happen. I'm also guilty of this, as I've gotten my hopes up a bit too much, so it might be time for everyone to take a step back and realize we haven't been promised anything of the sort, so we should keep an open mind if it doesn't happen. This smells like RF all over again when everyone just assumed he'd kill Freeza, only for fans to flip out when it didn't happen, resulting in what he did do being overlooked.

Toriyama approved everything in both Broly and this arc, so whatever you like or don't like about them got his OK. I do agree that UI being controllable this soon is a mistake.

I agree I certainly think some Vegeta fans are setting themselves up for disappointment. Or at least have set their expectations way too high.

Could Vegeta win? Well it’s one possibility but it’s not a forgone conclusion

I just hope whatever he learns on Yardrat is an interesting new ability and he plays an important role in the final battle. That would be enough for me.

Kiyoharu
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:10 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kiyoharu » Sat Apr 18, 2020 7:54 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:
Fri Apr 17, 2020 9:51 pm
A lot of readers (and fans) are super salty about the fact that Goku is getting hit by Moro while in Ultra Instinct there is no way Moro isn't above Beerus (Beerus has yet to show off his 100% and if we get to that rematch what's the point of Bringing out UI if it's portrayed like any other recent God form) It's supposed be untouchable and Goku trained for months with Merus there's not an excuse for this level of writing or bs

If Vegeta comes back with a form greater and more efficient than UI I'll be shocked
Ultra Instinct never made Goku untouchable.
Jiren hit UI Goku multiple times during the Tournament in the anime and in the manga he managed to give him a fight.

User avatar
GodVegetto91
I Live Here
Posts: 2114
Joined: Wed Dec 09, 2015 12:49 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by GodVegetto91 » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm

Ofcourse Ultra Instinct doesn’t make the user “untouchable”. That’s ridiculous. Whis can still easily beat MUI Goku. Just as the Grand Priest can still easily defeat Whis and all of his other children. A higher power level means victory in battle. It’s that simple. If someone is simply much stronger than you, then they can still beat you.

Having mastered Ultra Instinct simply means that you have become the best possible version of yourself, and nothing else.
“The fool looks to God outside him. The wise understands that God is within him.”

User avatar
Noitsnothim
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 428
Joined: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Noitsnothim » Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Ofcourse Ultra Instinct doesn’t make the user “untouchable”. That’s ridiculous. Whis can still easily beat MUI Goku. Just as the Grand Priest can still easily defeat Whis and all of his other children. A higher power level means victory in battle. It’s that simple. If someone is simply much stronger than you, then they can still beat you.

Having mastered Ultra Instinct simply means that you have become the best possible version of yourself, and nothing else.
Ultra Instinct can make you untouchable look at whis and merus when they trained with Goku he wasn't able to touch them or leave a scratch on them

you're talking as if people don't already know that the stronger your battle power is the the likelier your win is (that's how Dragon Ball in terms of heroes vs. villains always been)

Kiyoharu
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 10:10 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kiyoharu » Sat Apr 18, 2020 11:13 pm

Noitsnothim wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 10:59 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote:
Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:23 pm
Ofcourse Ultra Instinct doesn’t make the user “untouchable”. That’s ridiculous. Whis can still easily beat MUI Goku. Just as the Grand Priest can still easily defeat Whis and all of his other children. A higher power level means victory in battle. It’s that simple. If someone is simply much stronger than you, then they can still beat you.

Having mastered Ultra Instinct simply means that you have become the best possible version of yourself, and nothing else.
Ultra Instinct can make you untouchable look at whis and merus when they trained with Goku he wasn't able to touch them or leave a scratch on them

Yes, Whis is so untouchable...

Perhaps when he is not in the hands of Toei's retarded writers.

Post Reply