"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 pm

The title of the next chapter is Moro's mistake/miscalculation.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue May 12, 2020 10:56 pm

Where does it say its Moro's? I keep hearing it's Merus's mistake and now it's Moro's? I just want confirmation because I don't want my brain going back and forth trying to figure out what the hell is the correct title.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:56 pm Where does it say its Moro's? I keep hearing it's Merus's mistake and now it's Moro's?
That's what Geekdom said on his video, but it's worth noting he's not sure yet. If it's Merus, that makes things a lot more interesting.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Tue May 12, 2020 11:32 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:13 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:56 pm Where does it say its Moro's? I keep hearing it's Merus's mistake and now it's Moro's?
That's what Geekdom said on his video, but it's worth noting he's not sure yet. If it's Merus, that makes things a lot more interesting.
It's Merus. メルス me-ru-su Merus. It's not ambiguous, either, as his name is directly used:
Of course, it's fair and expected that not everyone can read kana. It's a silly mistake, though.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Wed May 13, 2020 12:47 am

Those pages look so amazing I almost thought they were fake at first lol We didn't get anything close to being as good since the Goku vs Zamasu fight. Promising.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

caire
Not-So-Newbie

Post by caire » Wed May 13, 2020 5:03 am

That panelling looks really good. As much as I'm hoping Vegeta will turn up soon, I think this is going to be a fun fight.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 am

Matches Malone wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 pm The title of the next chapter is Moro's mistake/miscalculation.

You mean THIS chapter? That’s coming out this month?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 13, 2020 6:45 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 am
Matches Malone wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:46 pm The title of the next chapter is Moro's mistake/miscalculation.
Yes, but there was a translation error, it's Merus' mistake.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 13, 2020 6:58 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:45 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 6:21 am
Yes, but there was a translation error, it's Merus' mistake.
I see. Geekdom is definitely not one to blindly follow or trust. He has made many mistakes in the past. He even claimed that Goku and Merus trained in the time chamber for 3 months. Even though it was really 6! If he’d just bothered to do his research like any proper db journalist would, this mistaken claim wouldn’t have been made.

Omgzord
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Omgzord » Wed May 13, 2020 7:58 am

Man, I wish Vegeta would just arrive already.

Not really that excited about UI after DBH abused the hell of it, not to mention the forms looks pretty bland in the manga, the main appealing point about UI omen was it aura, something Toyotaro sadly can't achieve with simple manga format.

We know Moro will defeat Goku. Whatever it's through brute force or outsmarting him, Goku is not finishing this

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 am

I predict:
Vegeta cliffhanger this month
Vegeta vs Moro next month - with the Saiyan dominating
Moro turning tables in 2 months
Goku MUI & Vegeta vs Moro and 73

I really hope it will be more creative than this. Like Merus joining the fight because of feeling responsible for Goku losing or even Beerus doing something.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed May 13, 2020 9:31 am

Xeogran wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:06 am I predict:
Vegeta cliffhanger this month
Vegeta vs Moro next month - with the Saiyan dominating
Moro turning tables in 2 months
Goku MUI & Vegeta vs Moro and 73

I really hope it will be more creative than this. Like Merus joining the fight because of feeling responsible for Goku losing or even Beerus doing something.
Somehow I have a feeling Goku and Moro’s fight will be prolonged until the end of next month’s chapter. But who knows. Anything can happen.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am

Merus probably assumed he trained Goku enough for UI but he didn't cause UI is a pain in the ass and he didn't consider how long Goku could actually use it. And how strong Moro got within two months because Moro's literally been eating planets for two months and that has put him at a higher weight class.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed May 13, 2020 4:26 pm

The paneling looks promising with dynamic art. That look on Gokus face when he's juicing it up in UI, reminds me of his scream when going SSJ3 against Janemba. :mrgreen: It looks like the super serene stuff is kinda over, folks.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed May 13, 2020 4:34 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am Merus probably assumed he trained Goku enough for UI but he didn't cause UI is a pain in the ass and he didn't consider how long Goku could actually use it. And how strong Moro got within two months because Moro's literally been eating planets for two months and that has put him at a higher weight class.
Merus did in fact know that Goku couldn't maintain UI omen for long. That's why he wanted Goku to go in and manage the energy carefully by not going full power right away. However, Goku just said forget it and he went full throttle.

As you said, maybe Merus miscalculated something about Moro's strength? Or is it Merus figuring the Saiyan instincts wrong and expecting Goku to stick with the plan? However, Moro figured out the game and Goku went full power assuming Moro couldn't beat him at his best. Sounds like a legit response.

It's going to be interesting but I'm hoping it's as you said. Merus missed the mark about Moro. The guy did say he has many magic techniques and various ways of absorbing in the early parts of the story?

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed May 13, 2020 4:43 pm

Miracles wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:34 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 9:50 am Merus probably assumed he trained Goku enough for UI but he didn't cause UI is a pain in the ass and he didn't consider how long Goku could actually use it. And how strong Moro got within two months because Moro's literally been eating planets for two months and that has put him at a higher weight class.
Merus did in fact know that Goku couldn't maintain UI omen for long. That's why he wanted Goku to go in and manage the energy carefully by not going full power right away. However, Goku just said forget it and he went full throttle.

As you said, maybe Merus miscalculated something about Moro's strength? Or is it Merus figuring the Saiyan instincts wrong and expecting Goku to stick with the plan? However, Moro figured out the game and Goku went full power assuming Moro couldn't beat him at his best. Sounds like a legit response.

It's going to be interesting but I'm hoping it's as you said. Merus missed the mark about Moro. The guy did say he has many magic techniques and various ways of absorbing in the early parts of the story?
Moro seemed to figure out Goku was juggling his UI to keep it in his favor. UI is massive bitch to maintain, this is a technique the gods have trouble doing. Goku said fuck it and decided last moment, "Sorry Merus, but fuck balancing acts! I'm doing this the GOKU way!"

I can't say I'm too shocked, Moro and his cronies, that are now either dead or arrested, have been going across Universe 7, stealing treasure and Moro was eating the planet's energy and their life force for the past two months. Moro also probably has some ace card up his sleeve, the guy has had two months and Moro is a quick thinker, he'll probably think of something to turn the tides in his favor. The guy is millions of years old, wouldn't surprise me if Moro said,"HAHAHAHA! I've been saving (insert magical abilities that he's never shown until now) for a worthy opponent!"

Wait a second, how much damage has Moro caused again? Like in the past he's eaten 320 planets before his imprisonment. And he's eaten.....who knows how many planets for like two months. Universe 7 must look like absolute chaos given all this free reign Moro had to himself. And there aren't that many planets with intelligent life in Universe 7. Are they gonna address this because I imagine Moro eating planets has rendered Universe 7's life quality to a new low. I can't imagine Moro's planet feast hasn't fucked Universe 7's inhabitants of a large degree.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 13, 2020 4:54 pm

Omgzord wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:58 amMan, I wish Vegeta would just arrive already.
Same here. If I'm not mistaking, Vegeta starting his training back in June or July's issue, so it will have been a year at least since we last saw him do anything major. If we're going to have to wait that long to see him, while being constantly teased about his progress, it better have a major pay off at the end. Toyotaro doesn't have the best reputation with the fans, so this is his chance to show us that he has what it takes to not only write DB, but become its lead writer.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed May 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 4:54 pm
Omgzord wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 7:58 amMan, I wish Vegeta would just arrive already.
Same here. If I'm not mistaking, Vegeta starting his training back in June or July's issue, so it will have been a year at least since we last saw him do anything major. If we're going to have to wait that long to see him, while being constantly teased about his progress, it better have a major pay off at the end. Toyotaro doesn't have the best reputation with the fans, so this is his chance to show us that he has what it takes to not only write DB, but become its lead writer.
Vegeta ain't my favorite, but I'm wondering what the hell is taking so long? Why is he still on the planet? The fight of the universe is happening and he's...still on Yardrat, flipping through hurdles and cartwheels trying to master this technique that he's been stuck on for two months...

What the hell is he doing? Either the technique is that good, or they're just trying to buy time.

Besides, we know Vegeta won't win, Moro is more than likely a team effort kill. Somehow 7-3 will copy his abilities at the last moment and use it against him, or Moro has some ancient magic that he never used up to this point to flip things in his favor. Moro is a tactical thinker, and he still has plot armour, they can't let Vegeta take the W.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Wed May 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:09 pm

Besides, we know Vegeta won't win, Moro is more than likely a team effort kill. Somehow 7-3 will copy his abilities at the last moment and use it against him, or Moro has some ancient magic that he never used up to this point to flip things in his favor. Moro is a tactical thinker, and he still has plot armour, they can't let Vegeta take the W.

It would be kinda hilarious if 7-3 would somehow end up with Moros abilities, only to rebell against him, resulting in 7-3 and Moro draining each other to the bone (as Moro suddenly does not seem to be able to counter someone who possesses his own magic). And then, when Moro and 7-3 are no more than standing corpses, just let Jaco finish the fight and imprison Moro and 7-3 when every Z-fighter is lying half dead on the battle field. It's the Galactic Patrol Prisoner arc after all.

I don't care what it becomes, how it finishes, as long as it does not feel awful generic, like a team effort between Goku and Vegeta, or a Vegeta-solo win. Please no. I want to be surprised here. If Toyotaro can pull off that, he has done a descent job.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed May 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:09 pmwe know Vegeta won't win, Moro is more than likely a team effort kill. Somehow 7-3 will copy his abilities at the last moment and use it against him, or Moro has some ancient magic that he never used up to this point to flip things in his favor. Moro is a tactical thinker, and he still has plot armour, they can't let Vegeta take the W.
I'm not expecting a full win by him, but I do think he needs to put on a very good show to justify all the build up.