"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Liquir
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Liquir » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:28 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:31 pm

It looks like Vegeta has the advantage in the drafts, I wonder how long until the plot devic-I mean 7-3 shows up to ruin Vegeta's parade at the last possible second.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:03 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:31 pm It looks like Vegeta has the advantage in the drafts, I wonder how long until the plot devic-I mean 7-3 shows up to ruin Vegeta's parade at the last possible second.
Imagine Vegeta learned Foresight lmaoo

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:55 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 9:31 pmI wonder how long until the plot devic-I mean 7-3 shows up to ruin Vegeta's parade at the last possible second.
Probably not until the middle of the next chapter. What would be surprising is if Vegeta sees him coming and blows him up. Toyotaro is probably aware everyone expects 7-3 to be Moro's ace in the hole, so that'd definitely throw everyone off.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:56 pm

I’m wondering why so many people are assuming he has Foresight in particular? I’m curious to why that is. It’s possible ofcourse. Though what do you think about the theory that he’s actually already draining Moro while in the midst of battling him? Thus making Moro weaker, even if Moro started out stronger? Moro kinda did the same thing to Goku and Vegeta back on Planet Namek where he drained them of their lifeforce without them even noticing it. He didn’t need to stick his hand out for it.

I guess anything is possible at this point.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 pm

I hope if 7-3 becomes an issue in a later chapter that 17 and 18 say screw it and fuse somehow as they don't like being on the sidelines and keep 7-3 from being too much of a problem. We can't have the B class warriors just sitting there when these two are the only ones who don't have to worry about Moro draining them.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:08 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:56 pm I’m wondering why so many people are assuming he has Foresight in particular? I’m curious to why that is. It’s possible ofcourse. Though what do you think about the theory that he’s actually already draining Moro while in the midst of battling him? Thus making Moro weaker, even if Moro started out stronger? Moro kinda did the same thing to Goku and Vegeta back on Planet Namek where he drained them of their lifeforce without them even noticing it.
This is actually a good theory. If Vegeta slowly improves as the fight goes on, then you might be right. With Moro defeating someone with UI, it'd be easy for him to get overconfident and not even notice until it's too late.
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 pm I hope if 7-3 becomes an issue in a later chapter that 17 and 18 say screw it and fuse somehow as they don't like being on the sidelines and keep 7-3 from being too much of a problem.
At this point I'll take anything over Merus getting involved.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:08 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 10:56 pm I’m wondering why so many people are assuming he has Foresight in particular? I’m curious to why that is. It’s possible ofcourse. Though what do you think about the theory that he’s actually already draining Moro while in the midst of battling him? Thus making Moro weaker, even if Moro started out stronger? Moro kinda did the same thing to Goku and Vegeta back on Planet Namek where he drained them of their lifeforce without them even noticing it.
This is actually a good theory. If Vegeta slowly improves as the fight goes on, then you might be right. With Moro defeating someone with UI, it'd be easy for him to get overconfident and not even notice until it's too late.
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:04 pm I hope if 7-3 becomes an issue in a later chapter that 17 and 18 say screw it and fuse somehow as they don't like being on the sidelines and keep 7-3 from being too much of a problem.
At this point I'll take anything over Merus getting involved.
Agreed. Merus getting involved would anger me not only because I like his character, but THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT! I'll take other fighters fusing before Merus jumps in. An angel death should be saved for a later arc, and I'd rather they not do it in such an obvious fashion.

I dunno, Moro seems like he's got a hold of himself when it comes to his pride and his cunningness. I'm sure they'll write something in there to ensure that Moro can pull out some uno reverse cards if he's on the defensive. Moro has this tendency of doing 'Look I'm at the disadvantage, better make an advantage for myself'.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:19 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 pmMerus getting involved would anger me not only because I like his character, but THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT! I'll take other fighters fusing before Merus jumps in. An angel death should be saved for a later arc, and I'd rather they not do it in such an obvious fashion.
What worries me is that some writers tend to overuse their own created characters to justify their existence, which seems to be where things are going with Merus. He doesn't have anything going for him, so the only way to leave his mark on the overall story is to take down an arc's main villain. He doesn't seem like someone who'll be seen after this arc, so I think Touotaro will chose to sacrifice him instead of just writing him out.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:32 am

Matches Malone wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:19 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Wed Jun 10, 2020 11:13 pmMerus getting involved would anger me not only because I like his character, but THERE IS NO NEED FOR IT! I'll take other fighters fusing before Merus jumps in. An angel death should be saved for a later arc, and I'd rather they not do it in such an obvious fashion.
What worries me is that some writers tend to overuse their own created characters to justify their existence, which seems to be where things are going with Merus. He doesn't have anything going for him, so the only way to leave his mark on the overall story is to take down an arc's main villain. He doesn't seem like someone who'll be seen after this arc, so I think Touotaro will chose to sacrifice him instead of just writing him out.
Whatever they do, just don't have Merus slip in and kill Moro, because that would be dumb as hell. Have the Z fighters and Buu find a way to finish Moro off with some consequence after Moro's defeat.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 am

I have an even better theory than the one I posted earlier today.

(I really hope) Vegeta will get some form of subliminal persuasion. Like hacking Moro's ki to make it miss his attack. Pretty much the ability to mildly hijack control over someone else's ki.

Honestly, it sounds like the ideal antithesis to Ultra Instinct. Why have the ability to dodge everything when you can simply just make everything miss?

Because not only is energy drain already Moro’s technique, and thus unoriginal for Vegeta to use, it also goes completely and totally against his character! (Since the mighty Saiyan Prince is all about “PRIDE”) And draining your opponents energy to make them weaker so you have a better shot at defeating them is the epitome of cowardice and cheating, i.e. the total opposite of what a prideful warrior like Vegeta should be all about!

What do you think?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:09 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 amDraining your opponents energy to make them weaker so you have a better shot at defeating them is the epitome of cowardice and cheating, i.e. the total opposite of what a prideful warrior like Vegeta should be all about!
I'd agree under normal circumstances, but this isn't one of them. Vegeta is fighting someone who'll do that exact same thing to him, making it an even match.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:56 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:09 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:13 amDraining your opponents energy to make them weaker so you have a better shot at defeating them is the epitome of cowardice and cheating, i.e. the total opposite of what a prideful warrior like Vegeta should be all about!
I'd agree under normal circumstances, but this isn't one of them. Vegeta is fighting someone who'll do that exact same thing to him, making it an even match.
Hence why I’m proposing him being able to hijack and manipulate Moro’s energy to make him do his bidding. It’s still a cheat, obviously. But at least this way, he’s still fighting a stronger opponent and beating him. What do you think?

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:05 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:56 amHence why I’m proposing him being able to hijack and manipulate Moro’s energy to make him do his bidding. It’s still a cheat, obviously. But at least this way, he’s still fighting a stronger opponent and beating him. What do you think?
I agree, Vegeta's definitely going to give him a taste of what he's being giving to everyone else this whole time. With Vegeta's pride though, I can't see him using this technique on anyone else in the future.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:35 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:05 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 8:56 amHence why I’m proposing him being able to hijack and manipulate Moro’s energy to make him do his bidding. It’s still a cheat, obviously. But at least this way, he’s still fighting a stronger opponent and beating him. What do you think?
I agree, Vegeta's definitely going to give him a taste of what he's being giving to everyone else this whole time. With Vegeta's pride though, I can't see him using this technique on anyone else in the future.
Thanks. And at least this way, it’s more original and unique. Because plain old energy absorption would be more boring and copying Moro’s main powers. At least this way, we can get something creative out of it! Moro tries to punch or kick him, boom, Vegeta makes him miss! Moro fires an energy blast to Vegeta, Vegeta makes him miss. Why try do dodge everything like Ultra Instinct does, when you can just make everything miss you? xD

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:35 am Thanks. And at least this way, it’s more original and unique. Because plain old energy absorption would be more boring and copying Moro’s main powers. At least this way, we can get something creative out of it! Moro tries to punch or kick him, boom, Vegeta makes him miss! Moro fires an energy blast to Vegeta, Vegeta makes him miss. Why try do dodge everything like Ultra Instinct does, when you can just make everything miss you? xD
How much longer do you think this arc can last ? I think it'll end in November, with a new arc starting in December, but I'm not sure if they can stretch things that far.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:52 am

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:41 am
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 9:35 am Thanks. And at least this way, it’s more original and unique. Because plain old energy absorption would be more boring and copying Moro’s main powers. At least this way, we can get something creative out of it! Moro tries to punch or kick him, boom, Vegeta makes him miss! Moro fires an energy blast to Vegeta, Vegeta makes him miss. Why try do dodge everything like Ultra Instinct does, when you can just make everything miss you? xD
How much longer do you think this arc can last ? I think it'll end in November, with a new arc starting in December, but I'm not sure if they can stretch things that far.
I mean, Toyotaro has a habit of massively rushing things, just like Toei and Toriyama, so I wouldn’t be surprised if the arc ends next chapter or the one after that. That said, it does have the potential to go on for months if Beerus, Merus, and the Kaioshin get involved. Maybe Moro flees after losing to Vegeta, and uses 7-3 to copy Goku or Majin Buu’s instant transmission and flee to the Kaioshin realm to absorb it as an act of revenge and a power source. Lol this is all highly speculative on my part.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:39 pm

I see this going two ways:

1. 7-3 steals Vegeta’s Technique and people Cry Plot Device.

Or 2. Vegeta anticipates 7-3 and One Shots him, where people complain that he was wasted and it was a waste of a character.

Basically a damned if you do, damned if you don’t situation.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:29 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:39 pm I see this going two ways:

Or 2. Vegeta anticipates 7-3 and One Shots him, where people complain that he was wasted and it was a waste of a character.

I'd laugh so hard if Vegeta managed to pull a fast one on 7-3. If he learned how to do clones, which I'm not certain of, he could make it look like 7-3 got him only for Vegeta to go like "HA! I pulled a fast one and you fell for it!"

Seven three is weak and will die nearly instantly afterwards seeing as the androids were whipping his ass. It wouldn't take much for Vegeta to go shoot him and go like. "So was that it Moro? Or are you going to pull more magic tricks out of your hat?"

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 11, 2020 1:57 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 12:39 pm I see this going two ways:

I have no issue with either outcome, my biggest concern is Merus being the one to save the day. If you're going to build up Buu, Goku, and Vegeta, then I'd like to see a payoff with it. If Vegeta isn't allowed to finish the fight on his own, then the next logical step would be to have Goku and Buu help him do it, not make all 3 worthless in favor of giving the glory to some generic nobody we won't remember the minute this arc is over.

Apart from some pacing issues, this arc is everything I've wanted to see since 2013's BOG, so ruining the ending like that would kill the entire arc for me.