"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Alruneia
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1832
Joined: Sun Jun 14, 2015 2:40 pm
Location: Norway
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Alruneia » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:19 am

But wait, there's vore!
Now that it's officially translated and released... That was one hell of a chapter for sure. A reverse Spirit Bomb technique, Moro growing old again, Moro then absorbing 73(!?)... This was packed! It's going to be hard to wait for a little over a month to see what happens next.
73-Moro's design kinda reminds me of an off-brand Perfect Cell, to be honest. I wonder...
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 73 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link (Ooh, Part 6 anime confirmed. Anyway, currently on hiatus.)
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 am

Wait? How are they supposed to fight Moro/7-3 while he's like this? I assume he doesn't have an ki to be stolen because of 7-3's artificial status. How the hell are Goku and Vegeta supposed to fight that? You can't drain an android.

The only way to fight them would be to somehow defuse 7-3 from Moro.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
JulieYBM
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13917
Joined: Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:25 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:24 am

Huh, I'm wondering if Nail is going to come back to become New Namek's defender? It'd certainly be a chance to focus on Piccolo for an arc, assuming Toyo-tarou is able to do that. This would have been the perfect arc to do so, but alas.

Vegeta being cool and having an arc is great and all but Moro still has not been fixed. He's just as boring and unending as ever.
She/Her | Extremely Online MILF | Want to be a girl? Click here! | My girlfriend told me to log off, so I'm logging off. 💜

User avatar
Peach
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Peach » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 am
Wait? How are they supposed to fight Moro/7-3 while he's like this? I assume he doesn't have an ki to be stolen because of 7-3's artificial status. How the hell are Goku and Vegeta supposed to fight that? You can't drain an android.

The only way to fight them would be to somehow defuse 7-3 from Moro.
Image

Beerus is coming to Earth.

If he gets involved, i see this as a chance for him to let loose. To show how powerful he really is.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Turlast x4
I Live Here
Posts: 3379
Joined: Sat Aug 06, 2005 12:45 am
Location: Philadelphia
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Super Saiyan Turlast x4 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:28 am

That was a damn good chapter.

The idea of Vegeta becoming more powerful and developing a technique to weaken Moro is satisfying to me. I thought it was odd how Moro mentioned he allowed 7-3 to copy more than just his magic. I always assumed when 7-3 copies you, he downloads everything. Vegeta seems sure he's still destined to be sent to hell, but I always assumed what took place during the Boo saga goes against that.

Now I'm just wondering how they're gonna take on this new version of Moro.
"First I whip it out! Then I thrust it! With great force! Every angle...! It penetrates! Until...! With great strength...! I... ram it in! In the end... We are all satisfied... And you are set free...!" ~Dante~

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:28 am

Vegeta did well, but he will definitely need a senzu to fight now. Unless he will do a last resort attack like against Cell with the remnants of his powers.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am

Peach wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 am
Wait? How are they supposed to fight Moro/7-3 while he's like this? I assume he doesn't have an ki to be stolen because of 7-3's artificial status. How the hell are Goku and Vegeta supposed to fight that? You can't drain an android.

The only way to fight them would be to somehow defuse 7-3 from Moro.
Image

Beerus is coming to Earth.

If he gets involved, we may see how powerful he really is.
Moro/7-3 tries to drain Earth while Beerus is on the planet.

Beerus: Who in the twelve hells DARES try to steal my energy while I'm on this damned rock!?

Yep, it's going to be ugly. Beerus would either A. get pissed and hakai him instantly, or B. Humor him before killing the fusion due to their existence being a threat to his and everyone else's existence or C. Forcibly defuses the fusion before letting Goku and Vegeta handle it.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
experted_luke
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by experted_luke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am

I'm starting to think all the Z-Fighters will intervene, with everyone but Goku and Vegeta getting their asses kicked. Fusion between Goku and Vegeta is definitely possible next month. Although, since both of them are exhausted and there are no signs of senzu, I can see Beerus coming to Earth after they're all washed up from attempting to continue fighting Moro.

User avatar
YuseiFudou
Newbie
Posts: 49
Joined: Sat Dec 21, 2019 9:23 pm
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by YuseiFudou » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:35 am

All was well and it was somewhat of a victory.
But once I saw that same pose like back in RoF, I knew he wasn't going to actually get to finish him.
His new ability is very nice, but unfortunately it didn't last for more than a chapter.
But I may be proven wrong.

Vegeta asking Jaco whether he should keep him alive or just kill him cracked me up though! :lol:

User avatar
Grimlock
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6623
Joined: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:11 pm
Location: Conton City

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grimlock » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am

Zamasu55 wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 3:55 am
Vegeta's moment of glory doesn't even last for a full chapter.
Heheh. :P

Michsi
I Live Here
Posts: 4514
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 5:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Michsi » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am

Okay, okay, okay...so, this was an intense chapter.....and I liked it.

Vegeta's new power is not.....bad. When I first read some spoilers at first I went "ah, come one, the technique is so specifically tailored to match this battle it's ridiculous. "

But there is one scene in this chapter that made me stop short and that is when he turns to Piccolo and asks him very pointedly (or maybe sarcastically? ) if he'd like to be separated from the Namekians he fused with which makes Piccolo react.

I know, I know, this is Vegeta's moment, and here I am with my Piccolo-loving ass over-analyzing what may as well be a throwaway line like the Namekian Book of Legends, but ever since we had Esca specifically mention that Namekians cannot split up- something we all know Piccolo and Kami did - I had hoped this would lead to something down the line.

Again, this might all be cake dressing that's just there to fill in some character moments, but dammit, it got me excited.

User avatar
Peach
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 453
Joined: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Peach » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am
Peach wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:23 am
Wait? How are they supposed to fight Moro/7-3 while he's like this? I assume he doesn't have an ki to be stolen because of 7-3's artificial status. How the hell are Goku and Vegeta supposed to fight that? You can't drain an android.

The only way to fight them would be to somehow defuse 7-3 from Moro.
Image

Beerus is coming to Earth.

If he gets involved, we may see how powerful he really is.
Moro/7-3 tries to drain Earth while Beerus is on the planet.

Beerus: Who in the twelve hells DARES try to steal my energy while I'm on this damned rock!?

Yep, it's going to be ugly. Beerus would either A. get pissed and hakai him instantly, or B. Humor him before killing the fusion due to their existence being a threat to his and everyone else's existence or C. Forcibly defuses the fusion before letting Goku and Vegeta handle it.
He may be strong enough to fight Beerus and give him a challenge.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13036
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am

Still not sure why people are surprised Vegeta didn't get the big kill. Happens every single time. I can only see he either does it with Goku together via combo beam, fusion, or he weakens Moro for Goku to get the kill. Those are the outcomes I see. Unless Goku is out of the story entirely and Vegeta is in his own arc, that's about the only time the big W on a major villain is obtainable. Otherwise it's unlikely.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am

experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am
I'm starting to think all the Z-Fighters will intervene, with everyone but Goku and Vegeta getting their asses kicked. Fusion between Goku and Vegeta is definitely possible next month.
But Gogeta just appeared not too long ago and I don't think Goku has the potara with him. How the hell are they supposed to be fuse since I doubt Moro/7-3 will allow them to fuse? Unless they make up some new way to fuse, I can't see them being able to.

Even then, I'm more worried about Vegito's fusion deciding to 'fizzle' out at the last moment again like with his fight with Zamasu.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
experted_luke
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by experted_luke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am
experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am
I'm starting to think all the Z-Fighters will intervene, with everyone but Goku and Vegeta getting their asses kicked. Fusion between Goku and Vegeta is definitely possible next month.
But Gogeta just appeared not too long ago and I don't think Goku has the potara with him. How the hell are they supposed to be fuse since I doubt Moro/7-3 will allow them to fuse? Unless they make up some new way to fuse, I can't see them being able to.

Even then, I'm more worried about Vegito's fusion deciding to 'fizzle' out at the last moment again like with his fight with Zamasu.
Well then, perhaps Beerus arriving is inevitable. If I'm correct, doesn't 7-3 have a limit to copying his abilities? What was it, a 30 minute time limit? I know they can't stall Moro for that long, but I'm pretty sure that's still on the table.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am

experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am
experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am
I'm starting to think all the Z-Fighters will intervene, with everyone but Goku and Vegeta getting their asses kicked. Fusion between Goku and Vegeta is definitely possible next month.
But Gogeta just appeared not too long ago and I don't think Goku has the potara with him. How the hell are they supposed to be fuse since I doubt Moro/7-3 will allow them to fuse? Unless they make up some new way to fuse, I can't see them being able to.

Even then, I'm more worried about Vegito's fusion deciding to 'fizzle' out at the last moment again like with his fight with Zamasu.
Well then, perhaps Beerus arriving is inevitable. If I'm correct, doesn't 7-3 have a limit to copying his abilities? What was it, a 30 minute time limit? I know they can't stall Moro for that long, but I'm pretty sure that's still on the table.
Anything is better than Moro draining the Earth. Beerus will storming his way to Earth soon enough and if this fusion is too much for the Z fighters to handle, I think only Beerus would be able to do something at that point. 7-3 has a time limit, though waiting thirty minutes is a massive pain in the ass and multiple Z fighters will probably be dead by then trying to fend him off while hoping the time limit will go off.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
experted_luke
Newbie
Posts: 32
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2020 2:48 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by experted_luke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am
experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am


But Gogeta just appeared not too long ago and I don't think Goku has the potara with him. How the hell are they supposed to be fuse since I doubt Moro/7-3 will allow them to fuse? Unless they make up some new way to fuse, I can't see them being able to.

Even then, I'm more worried about Vegito's fusion deciding to 'fizzle' out at the last moment again like with his fight with Zamasu.
Well then, perhaps Beerus arriving is inevitable. If I'm correct, doesn't 7-3 have a limit to copying his abilities? What was it, a 30 minute time limit? I know they can't stall Moro for that long, but I'm pretty sure that's still on the table.
Anything is better than Moro draining the Earth. Beerus will storming his way to Earth soon enough and if this fusion is too much for the Z fighters to handle, I think only Beerus would be able to do something at that point. 7-3 has a time limit, though waiting thirty minutes is a massive pain in the ass and multiple Z fighters will probably be dead by then trying to fend him off while hoping the time limit will go off.
That is, IF Toyotaro lets Beerus fight Moro. I don't want to see Merus sacrifice himself for something that Beerus can most likely easily do. All it may take is a hakai, or a little bit of combat for Beerus to take down Moro. Having an Angel sacrifice himself early when there could be future, greater threats would be so disappointing.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:48 am

Peach wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:36 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:32 am
Peach wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:27 am

Image

Beerus is coming to Earth.

If he gets involved, we may see how powerful he really is.
Moro/7-3 tries to drain Earth while Beerus is on the planet.

Beerus: Who in the twelve hells DARES try to steal my energy while I'm on this damned rock!?

Yep, it's going to be ugly. Beerus would either A. get pissed and hakai him instantly, or B. Humor him before killing the fusion due to their existence being a threat to his and everyone else's existence or C. Forcibly defuses the fusion before letting Goku and Vegeta handle it.
He may be strong enough to fight Beerus and give him a challenge.
If Beerus lost I can Merus and Whis being like.

Merus : Uhhh....Whis? What the hells!? Was that supposed to happen? He lost! THE GOD OF DESTRUCTION LOST!? WHAT!?

Whis : I...I...don't even...Well that's the first time that's happened...erm....uhhh...well that's unexpected turn of events. I have no idea how the hells they are going to deal with that...Well, there goes the mortal level and any chance us recovering from this...ugh.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:51 am

experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:46 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:42 am
experted_luke wrote:
Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:39 am

Well then, perhaps Beerus arriving is inevitable. If I'm correct, doesn't 7-3 have a limit to copying his abilities? What was it, a 30 minute time limit? I know they can't stall Moro for that long, but I'm pretty sure that's still on the table.
Anything is better than Moro draining the Earth. Beerus will storming his way to Earth soon enough and if this fusion is too much for the Z fighters to handle, I think only Beerus would be able to do something at that point. 7-3 has a time limit, though waiting thirty minutes is a massive pain in the ass and multiple Z fighters will probably be dead by then trying to fend him off while hoping the time limit will go off.
That is, IF Toyotaro lets Beerus fight Moro. I don't want to see Merus sacrifice himself for something that Beerus can most likely easily do. All it may take is a hakai, or a little bit of combat for Beerus to take down Moro. Having an Angel sacrifice himself early when there could be future, greater threats would be so disappointing.
Agreed. If Moro is that much of a threat, Beerus should be able to handle it. If Beerus can't handle it, then what the fuck is this person because the Z team is fucked at that point.

If an angel has to die, can they save it for a greater threat? And not make it so predictable. I feel Merus just being introduced would make the sacrifice feel empty., he's barley done anything, killing him would be fucking pointless and stupid.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Thu Jun 18, 2020 11:54 am

watch Moro try to absorb Earth's energy and somehow Uub's God Ki will nullify him or something while nobody on the battlefield will know what's happening :lol:

Post Reply