"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:03 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:58 pm You guys have to admit though. Vegito or Gogeta with spirit control and autonomous ultra instinct would be pretty cool.
Fusion is always a cool idea, but I feel that fusion should be saved for a later arc. Gogeta just appeared and Vegito fizzled out during the Zamasu/FutureTrunks Arc.

Just like an angel death, I feel fusion should be saved for another arc. Though if fusion appears, like Vegito, I kinda hope they give Vegito a more different design clothing wise. I'd rather they update his design personally.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:04 pm

I don't know how I feel about this development. On one hand, I don't want Vegeta to just beat Moro and win, but at the same time Moro's final thing (idk if I can spoil) was a little strange. I don't hate it, it just depends on what they do with it.

I hope there is no fusion, like Vegeta ranted about, it's cool but kind of a cheap play

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:09 pm

I feel that this is a fight that Goku, Vegeta and the Z gang should deal with. Maybe have 17-18 fuse together to combat against the fusion of Moro-7-3. Though I'm not sure of Gohan or Piccolo can help seeing as they can get their energy drained by the fusion. 17 and 18 are in the clear, but still everyone else is vulnerable to Moro's planet sucking abilities.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:10 pm

TheMikado wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:02 pmI don’t like Vegeta because he wins, I like him because he marches to his own drum and never gives up. Goku is the protagonist of Dragonball, not Vegeta. Winning is his job function.
DB at the end of the day is about fighting, and the second strongest character not fighting or winning doesn't make sense. Would it have killed them to have Ssj4 Vegeta take down ice shenron ?
Peach wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:58 pm You guys have to admit though. Vegito or Gogeta with spirit control and autonomous ultra instinct would be pretty cool.
It would be, just not here. I think that kind of fusion and power should be saved for someone not only they can't beat on their own, but neither the likes of Beerus.

Peach
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Peach » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:13 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:09 pm I feel that this is a fight that Goku, Vegeta and the Z gang should deal with. Maybe have 17-18 fuse together to combat against the fusion of Moro-7-3. Though I'm not sure of Gohan or Piccolo can help seeing as they can get their energy drained by the fusion. 17 and 18 are in the clear, but still everyone else is vulnerable to Moro's planet sucking abilities.
I was a little sad 17 and 18 didn't fuse before Vegeta showed up. They could have easily done another chapter about Android 35 or 17.5

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:14 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:10 pm
TheMikado wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:02 pmI don’t like Vegeta because he wins, I like him because he marches to his own drum and never gives up. Goku is the protagonist of Dragonball, not Vegeta. Winning is his job function.
DB at the end of the day is about fighting, and the second strongest character not fighting or winning doesn't make sense. Would it have killed them to have Ssj4 Vegeta take down ice shenron ?
It would be, just not here. I think that kind of fusion and power should be saved for someone not only they can't beat on their own, but neither the likes of Beerus.
Agreed. If Beerus can't deal with the threat, at that point, Fusion would be more or less the only option. And if that can't work, say goodbye to the planet and everyone else.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:15 pm

Peach wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:13 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:09 pm I feel that this is a fight that Goku, Vegeta and the Z gang should deal with. Maybe have 17-18 fuse together to combat against the fusion of Moro-7-3. Though I'm not sure of Gohan or Piccolo can help seeing as they can get their energy drained by the fusion. 17 and 18 are in the clear, but still everyone else is vulnerable to Moro's planet sucking abilities.
I was a little sad 17 and 18 didn't fuse before Vegeta showed up. They could have easily done another chapter about Android 35 or 17.5
Granted, I don't think they know how. Unless Piccolo taught them, I don't think 17 and 18 would know how to fuse. And unless Shin comes down and gives them the earrings I can't seem them being able to fuse.

experted_luke

Post by experted_luke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm

To those of you that are saying that Vegeta can defuse Moro and 7-3, you have to take into account how exhausted Vegeta is. It's no easy feat removing life forces/energies from all those people Moro absorbed and not feel exhaustion. Unless there are senzu beans or something, Beerus or Buu will have to intervene and finish it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm

-Chapter 61-

Amazing chapter and really worth the wait!!

Vegeta's new technique may be the coolest of his moveset. It's not a power up, it's not a beam and it's actually something original. All I wanted! This technique may be useful in the future when Vegeta is dealing with fusions stronger than him or just for the sake of plot (Majin Buu / Dai Kaioshin). The name is lame though. I would like something more catchy.

I still want Vegeta to be the one to give the final blow, but the fact that he won this round and the Namekians were revived is already pretty good. His cool moments in ROF and FT Trunks arcs didn't have an impact like this.

Even though Moro's backup plan is indeed smart, I don't like how we are having anotherfused villain since we had Merged Zamasu two arcs ago, but I will give Toyotaro the benefit of doubt. Hopefully that doesn't mean we will have Vegetto or Gogeta.

I don't mind Goku using MUI for a short time, because Vegeta isn't the only one who has been training.
I still expect Merus to jump in. No idea about Snorlax Buu.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:19 pm

I don't think is the case, but wouldn't be hilarious the reactions if turned out that Toriyama designed the fusion?

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:20 pm

Akyon wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:20 pm The panel where Piccolo states Vegeta has never been one to misread an opponent's strength...What is Piccolo talking about?

...that's what Vegeta's done exclusively to anyone who isn't Beerus throughout the entire series. It's almost his most defining trait.
I wouldn't call that a defining/exclusive trait, given that Vegeta has also been careful and pragmatic as early as the Freeza arc, but Piccolo's dialogue there is definitely odd. Vegeta underestimates his opponents at least as often as he doesn't.

Still, it's a pretty small line. It probably should have been worded differently.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:21 pm

#MakeBuuGreatAgain

Let's go, make characters more active. I am quite OK with Vegeta's route. So now, I certainly want to see Buu back. Unlike the Z fighters, he was actually in the back even more. He didn't even comment on fights, so yeah, he deserves the spotlight, even more than before.
Last edited by Grand Marshal 1 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
P O W E R

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:24 pm

experted_luke wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm To those of you that are saying that Vegeta can defuse Moro and 7-3, you have to take into account how exhausted Vegeta is. It's no easy feat removing life forces/energies from all those people Moro absorbed and not feel exhaustion. Unless there are senzu beans or something, Beerus or Buu will have to intervene and finish it.
Vegeta seemed pretty tired, especially after the fusion pretty much kicked him away. Vegeta is only defusing them when he has energy, and I think if he did he'd be too tired to fight Moro afterwards. Though if only BUU could wake up for once and do something then maybe they can win it.

experted_luke

Post by experted_luke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:24 pm
experted_luke wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pm To those of you that are saying that Vegeta can defuse Moro and 7-3, you have to take into account how exhausted Vegeta is. It's no easy feat removing life forces/energies from all those people Moro absorbed and not feel exhaustion. Unless there are senzu beans or something, Beerus or Buu will have to intervene and finish it.
Vegeta seemed pretty tired, especially after the fusion pretty much kicked him away. Vegeta is only defusing them when he has energy, and I think if he did he'd be too tired to fight Moro afterwards. Though if only BUU could wake up for once and do something then maybe they can win it.
For real. It's annoying how he's just been sleeping all this time. I honestly want Beerus to finish this more than Buu.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:34 pm

experted_luke wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:27 pm
For real. It's annoying how he's just been sleeping all this time. I honestly want Beerus to finish this more than Buu.

They need to do something about Buu sleeping, its getting annoying as hell when the ONE time we need him, he decides to go NIGHT NIGHT right afterwards. He's too damn unreliable, even Gotenks is more reliable Buu, at least you don't have to worry about Gotenks falling asleep at the last possible second. The most you have to worry about is how childish he is, and his time limit.

Either have him not require the need to sleep, can't they wish for that? I mean, the dragon can wish back people but he can't wish away sleep? That would be dumb as hell.

Triggered Vegeta
Beyond Newbie

Post by Triggered Vegeta » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:37 pm

They might have Buu(Kai) defeat Moro... But Buu will absorb either Goku or Vegeta. Probably both. It'll be Buu who beats Moro again. Think this would be interesting imo.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:38 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:16 pmI still want Vegeta to be the one to give the final blow, but the fact that he won this round and the Namekians were revived is already pretty good.
I think he will, at least based on Piccolo's speech of him wanting to take down Moro to make up for his sins.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:39 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:34 pm

They need to do something about Buu sleeping, its getting annoying as hell when the ONE time we need him, he decides to go NIGHT NIGHT right afterwards. He's too damn unreliable, even Gotenks is more reliable Buu, at least you don't have to worry about Gotenks falling asleep at the last possible second. The most you have to worry about is how childish he is, and his time limit.

Either have him not require the need to sleep, can't they wish for that? I mean, the dragon can wish back people but he can't wish away sleep? That would be dumb as hell.
You see Shenron is better for mass revival wishes and daily stuff, rather than a wish that will effectively prompt for a strong fighter to protect the universe (possibly avoiding all the resurrection wishes due to that).

Buu has been disregarded, but he can easily become then 3rd biggest player, or at least comparable to Gohan. Broly doesn't count btw.
P O W E R

experted_luke

Post by experted_luke » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:42 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:39 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:34 pm

You see Shenron is better for mass revival wishes and daily stuff, rather than a wish that will effectively prompt for a strong fighter to protect the universe (possibly avoiding all the resurrection wishes due to that).

Buu has been disregarded, but he can easily become then 3rd biggest player, or at least comparable to Gohan. Broly doesn't count btw.
Well, speaking of, Gohan is pretty much a lost cause now. He's lumped in with every Z-Fighter that isn't Goku or Vegeta. He has tons of potential as a Saiyan/Human hybrid, but that's all pretty much gone now. In every future situation, you will be counting on Goku or Vegeta to get you out of it. For now, though, it'll be either Buu or Beerus that does it, due to everyone being exhausted.

Gt91
Regular

Post by Gt91 » Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:44 pm

I think this is one of the best chapter of the entire arc. Well done Toyotaro!
Vegeta'role, piccolo's speech, namek, vegeta is better than goku, new trasformation for moro ecc.
Everything was really good.
Hype for the next chapter! :thumbup:
Last edited by Gt91 on Thu Jun 18, 2020 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.