"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:36 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:17 pmCooler being canonized will either anger fans or it will take us by surprise. I doubt that he will be like his old self. His story should drastically change.

If we venture into new territory, let it be a Sadala arc, with a new enemy to the saiyans there.
Cooler's the second most popular movie villain after Broly, so he's definitely on the way. Just the fact that Freeza's alive will give us a very different Cooler.

What I want to see in a Sadala arc is for their current "good" nature just to be their way of covering up a very dark past, one that's worse than U7's Saiyans.
Koitsukai wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:31 pm I don't think Vegeta jobbed at all.
What did people expect? the arc to be done this week?
Anyone who says he "jobbed" probably just skipped to the last page instead of reading the whole chapter. He beat someone who took down Omen Goku without any outside help, and he returned all the energy Moro stole to its rightful owners. How on earth are people coming to the conclusion that he "jobbed" ? He has so far outperformed everyone who's fought Moro up to this point, by far.

It seems that way, despite there being a 0 chance of that happening.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:16 pm
Miracles wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm Didn't like the chapter.

Vegeta's hyped up ability was a let down. Circular ability; Just absorbs those who absorbs.

Why in God's green earth would Toyo ruin Moro like that and use 7-3's face? I have connection with Moro and plan on seeing the Z warriros battle this evil being not some minion.
Honestly he looks like Cell. I swear if he called himself Perfect Moro I'd kick someone. Granted how was Vegeta supposed to know Moro would be desperate enough to eat his minion and become more powerful, and when he tries to get close he gets knocked down bu the fused Moro.

Seriously, I feel like Moro is just a more composed and smarter version of Perfect Cell at this point, now just being even more psychopathic and having magic instead of being the 'perfect being'.
I hope Moro uses his magic to alter the appearance. After all these chapters, It's like we are fighting another opponent, not Moro himself.
The Undying wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:40 pm
Miracles wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm Vegeta's hyped up ability was a let down. Circular ability; Just absorbs those who absorbs.
It's more that it negates the strength those who don't rely on their own power, which is actually pretty fitting for someone of Vegeta's outlook.
Oh, no doubt. The power fits Vegeta's personality. Just seems to similar's to Moro's.
Last edited by Miracles on Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:39 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:14 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 pmAt least in that case if Gohan dies and Goku decides to go on a quest to revive him, I don't have to hear the "Goku doesn't give a damn about his family."
I think Goku at this point needs an arc that completely focuses on him as a character, and one that isn't afraid to look at him on a deeper level. When you look at this arc for example, Goku is just here because he's the main character, you can easily remove him and nothing changes. This is why I don't understand why so many Vegeta fans are saying he's going to take Moro down, as there's been 0 build up to that, and even less chemistry between the 2. Sure he'll play a role in his downfall, but I just can't see Vegeta not being the one to get the ultimate victory, as that's what everything's been building up to.

Unlike other characters who get pieces of development here and there, Goku is mostly stagnant. I want an arc that has Goku front and center of everything, where he's the one changing, he's the one forming a connection with the villain, etc. Having Gohan die (which I doubt will happen) is exactly the kind of thing that can be used to push Goku forward as a character. When he and the others face off against whoever the next big bad is, he won't be fighting to test his limits, it'll be to bring his son back. There'll be actual risks involved for him personally.
Goku obviously is going to play a role, but I don't get why Vegeta fans are screeching. How the hell was Vegeta supposed to know that Moro would eat 7-3 and turn into that...Perfect Cell designed thing. At worst, Goku and Vegeta tag-team their way to victory after a few short-comings and manage to barley win over the upper hand.

I doubt Moro isn't killing one of the Z fighters. I mean, he's killed his own men mostly and innocent populations, but no one close to Goku or Vegeta unless you count those Namekians he killed in cold blood. That's hardly anything to brag about given how weak they are compared to him and how Frieza did it during his search for the dragon balls.

If Gohan died, either purposefully trying to trigger MUI or because Moro just decided to kill him for the sake of it, Goku would be dead set on making sure Moro's going down. Goku likes good fights but if you start hurting his friends/children in front of him you're going to pay for it with your life. If you get Goku to change his mindset even for a battle from "I fight to get stronger and achieve more power through whatever means" to "I'm want my son back to life and you're not getting in my way" its going to be deep.

As for getting the Super Dragon Balls, Goku would probably be soaring through hell and back if it meant getting his son back.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:50 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 pm
Miracles wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm Didn't like the chapter.

Vegeta's hyped up ability was a let down. Circular ability; Just absorbs those who absorbs.

Why in God's green earth would Toyo ruin Moro like that and use 7-3's face? I have connection with Moro and plan on seeing the Z warriros battle this evil being not some minion.
Honestly he looks like Cell. I swear if he called himself Perfect Moro I'd kick someone. Granted how was Vegeta supposed to know Moro would be desperate enough to eat his minion and become more powerful, and when he tries to get close he gets knocked down bu the fused Moro.

Seriously, I feel like Moro is just a more composed and smarter version of Perfect Cell at this point, now just being even more psychopathic and having magic instead of being the 'perfect being'.
I hope Moro uses his magic to alter the appearance. After all these chapters, It's like we are fighting another opponent, not Moro himself.
Miracles wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 9:11 pm Vegeta's hyped up ability was a let down. Circular ability; Just absorbs those who absorbs.
It's more that it negates the strength those who don't rely on their own power, which is actually pretty fitting for someone of Vegeta's outlook.
Oh, no doubt. The power fits Vegeta's personality. Just seems to similar's to Moro's.
I dunno Miracles, that design seems like its permanent. I don't think Tori and Toyro are changing their minds until Vegeta defuses 7-3 and Moro. I just wish the design didn't look like Perfect Cell. He's legit Perfect Cell if he could absorb planets and possessed magic. Moro might as well call himself 'Perfect Moro' and announce the 'Moro Games' if he's going to copy Cell's design.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:56 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:50 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:38 pm

I dunno Miracles, that design seems like its permanent. I don't think Tori and Toyro are changing their minds until Vegeta defuses 7-3 and Moro. I just wish the design didn't look like Perfect Cell. He's legit Perfect Cell if he could absorb planets and possessed magic. Moro might as well call himself 'Perfect Moro' and announce the 'Moro Games' if he's going to copy Cell's design.
I also don't like how Moro absorbed him. I would have preferred if he just ripped the reservoir of power out of 7-3. Absorptions have been done and Vegeta literally had a whole rant about them. I feel if he just took the power back it would lend itself well to what Vegeta was talking about especially if it was as Moro said his old power. Also not a fan of the design.

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:11 pm

I honestly don't like the idea of SSG Gohan, the only hybrid Saiyan who should receive god imo was Future Trunks.
Trunks getting SSG would have gone against the themes of mortals vs gods in the Trunks arc. He needed to win with his own power.
Psajdak wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:12 pm
Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:09 pm He doesn't need the SSG ritual when his Ultimate form scales up to the god tiers now, even in the manga.
His Ultimate form is outdated, and boring.
That's your opinion, I could say the same thing about the god forms. I like that he's condensed down to one form, eliminating needless form cycling along the way. That and characters don't need a bunch of transformations to be cool, IMO. His design when he's in the orange gi, also appeals greatly to me due to its sharp simplicity.
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 2:19 pm Vegeta has gotten small pieces of development in each arc, the difference is that none of those arcs were his. This arc on the other hand from the very start was all about him, and continues to be so.
How was it about him from the start when the main point was Boo being taken? Vegeta wanting to go to Yardrat didn't happen until several chapters in, and even that's something Goku should have been doing as the main character who already knows about their techniques and about controlling genki.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm

I honestly don't like the idea of SSG Gohan, the only hybrid Saiyan who should receive god imo was Future Trunks.
Trunks getting SSG would have gone against the themes of mortals vs gods in the Trunks arc. He needed to win with his own power.
Do you not consider SSSS Vegeta as his own power, he seems to. Maybe not the ritual but Trunks should have worked towards god I think. His power boost comes out of nowehere and recives no explanation to it's strength.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm That's your opinion, I could say the same thing about the god forms. I like that he's condensed down to one form, eliminating needless form cycling along the way. That and characters don't need a bunch of transformations to be cool, IMO. His design when he's in the orange gi, also appeals greatly to me due to its sharp simplicity.
Ngl, I would have loved it if Ultimate looked a tad different from your basic base-form Aura. Give it some blue sparks, since it is apparently evolving from SS2. That would be a nice touch. Would also make Gohan look more intimidating and when he powered up more lightning bolts would appear, reminding us his power during the Cell Games too.

Ig it's too much of a thing to ask tho... When Blue Evolution, or SS2 Rage aren't...
P O W E R

Kagari
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Kagari » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:29 pm

Mad Swami wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:08 pm

Do you not consider SSSS Vegeta as his own power, he seems to. Maybe not the ritual but Trunks should have worked towards god I think. His power boost comes out of nowehere and recives no explanation to it's strength.
SSGSS still relies on godly ki. Trunks' powerup in the anime is just a more angry SS2.
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:14 pm
Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pm That's your opinion, I could say the same thing about the god forms. I like that he's condensed down to one form, eliminating needless form cycling along the way. That and characters don't need a bunch of transformations to be cool, IMO. His design when he's in the orange gi, also appeals greatly to me due to its sharp simplicity.
Ngl, I would have loved it if Ultimate looked a tad different from your basic base-form Aura. Give it some blue sparks, since it is apparently evolving from SS2. That would be a nice touch. Would also make Gohan look more intimidating and when he powered up more lightning bolts would appear, reminding us his power during the Cell Games too.

Ig it's too much of a thing to ask tho... When Blue Evolution, or SS2 Rage aren't...
Final Bout did that and FighterZ has a subtle lightning effect for him when you use his install. Super should have used it for a visual cue for sure.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pm

Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:29 pm
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:14 pm

Final Bout did that and FighterZ has a subtle lightning effect for him when you use his install. Super should have used it for a visual cue for sure.
I particularly liked Fighterz's (bruh what a mouthful) version. Honestly, going a little more wild with it wouldn't be a problem imo. That's definitely a Gohan I want to see. Let him be a tactician, not a brawler, but pls have him be intimidating in the form. No need for Blanco stuff or new forms. Just do this one right. Give me a reason to sya 'damn Gohan, that's actually an Ultimate Form'
P O W E R

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:44 pm

SSGSS still relies on godly ki. Trunks' powerup in the anime is just a more angry SS2.
I don't think the theme of mortals vs gods really mattered in the Trunks arc though. In the end Zeno is the one who defeats Zamasu, so I don't think Trunks using SSG and foregoing pretense of that theme instead would've made things worse.

Mad Swami
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Mad Swami » Sat Jun 20, 2020 7:40 pm

Well yeah I get that but the only thing is why/how is it so powerful. He went from Buu saga tier to Goku Black tier with natural power. Vegeta and Goku should be really jelous and confused. Does Trunks have special poitential like Gohan?

goku the krump dancer
I Live Here

Post by goku the krump dancer » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Does anyone remember what happened to Boo? He's been out of commission for like 8 chapters lol. I mean the original vendetta was between Dai-Kaioshin and Moro.
It's not too late. One day, it will be.
Peace And Power MF DOOM!
Peace and Power Kevin Samuels

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:46 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:44 pm Does anyone remember what happened to Boo? He's been out of commission for like 8 chapters lol. I mean the original vendetta was between Dai-Kaioshin and Moro.
Sleeping....he's on earth but he's sleeping. Maybe he'll wake up eventually....or sleep through the saga and wake up at the end after Moro's dead.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 pm

goku the krump dancer wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 8:44 pm Does anyone remember what happened to Boo? He's been out of commission for like 8 chapters lol. I mean the original vendetta was between Dai-Kaioshin and Moro.
Grand Supreme Kai was just an excuse to give Moro some background and a tenuous connection to the main cast, as well as an excuse to see Buu do something.

He failed to do anything about Moro originally, so I doubt he's going to get involved again now. Especially since this seems to be now be firmly established as Vegeta's fight to win.

SSJgogeto
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SSJgogeto » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:16 pm

IMO Rage is more or less a mix of these three things:

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:24 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:39 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:14 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 3:01 pmAt least in that case if Gohan dies and Goku decides to go on a quest to revive him, I don't have to hear the "Goku doesn't give a damn about his family."
I think Goku at this point needs an arc that completely focuses on him as a character, and one that isn't afraid to look at him on a deeper level. When you look at this arc for example, Goku is just here because he's the main character, you can easily remove him and nothing changes. This is why I don't understand why so many Vegeta fans are saying he's going to take Moro down, as there's been 0 build up to that, and even less chemistry between the 2. Sure he'll play a role in his downfall, but I just can't see Vegeta not being the one to get the ultimate victory, as that's what everything's been building up to.

Unlike other characters who get pieces of development here and there, Goku is mostly stagnant. I want an arc that has Goku front and center of everything, where he's the one changing, he's the one forming a connection with the villain, etc. Having Gohan die (which I doubt will happen) is exactly the kind of thing that can be used to push Goku forward as a character. When he and the others face off against whoever the next big bad is, he won't be fighting to test his limits, it'll be to bring his son back. There'll be actual risks involved for him personally.
Goku obviously is going to play a role, but I don't get why Vegeta fans are screeching. How the hell was Vegeta supposed to know that Moro would eat 7-3 and turn into that...Perfect Cell designed thing. At worst, Goku and Vegeta tag-team their way to victory after a few short-comings and manage to barley win over the upper hand.

I doubt Moro isn't killing one of the Z fighters. I mean, he's killed his own men mostly and innocent populations, but no one close to Goku or Vegeta unless you count those Namekians he killed in cold blood. That's hardly anything to brag about given how weak they are compared to him and how Frieza did it during his search for the dragon balls.

If Gohan died, either purposefully trying to trigger MUI or because Moro just decided to kill him for the sake of it, Goku would be dead set on making sure Moro's going down. Goku likes good fights but if you start hurting his friends/children in front of him you're going to pay for it with your life. If you get Goku to change his mindset even for a battle from "I fight to get stronger and achieve more power through whatever means" to "I'm want my son back to life and you're not getting in my way" its going to be deep.

As for getting the Super Dragon Balls, Goku would probably be soaring through hell and back if it meant getting his son back.
They don’t need Super Dragon Balls to revive Gohan. He was never revived by Shenron. The Namekian dragon revived him in the Buu Saga.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 6:38 pmI particularly liked Fighterz's (bruh what a mouthful) version. Honestly, going a little more wild with it wouldn't be a problem imo. That's definitely a Gohan I want to see. Let him be a tactician, not a brawler, but pls have him be intimidating in the form. No need for Blanco stuff or new forms. Just do this one right. Give me a reason to sya 'damn Gohan, that's actually an Ultimate Form'
Maybe Gohan could go the Freeza route and achieve "True Ultimate Gohan" or some stuff that implies Rou Kaioshin's ability was off by a smidgen? Perhaps it could be explained that reading comic books while attempting to unlock & boost Gohan's potential was Rou Kaioshin half-assing it, knowing that Gohan's power-up will still be gigantic anyways so he wouldn't need to try his best.
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:07 pm

As for the chapter. I thought it was good for story progression and character development.

We finally see the plot elevating to a new level of power. We all knew this is why Moro held on to 7-3.
Very wise to store his entire ability into him as well. He also has 7-3's copy technique.
Again, I just hate the design. The enemy is Moro not a grunt like 7-3.
Toyotaro made a big mistake changing the face of the one who is responsible for all this havoc.

Good for Toyotaro continuing the theme of Vegeta's pursuit of atonement in this arc.
Vegeta saying that he is "a villain" and is "going to Hell" demonstrates the guilt he has over his actions.
And the "I'm fully prepared for the consequences..." line cements his culpability even more.
Admittance is a step to recovery! Way to go Vegeta!

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 pm

I wish the design didn't look like Perfect Cell. This is basically their way of saying, "Hey its Cell but not actually, just Moro and 7-3 together! Look how cool Moro is now as he just used his backup plan!" This is basically Cell without his spots and tail. given him Moro's fur coat, pants and 7-3's horns and gem.

I guess this is the only way to satisfy those who wanted Cell to appear in the main series as an antagonist and not kill themselves trying to draw his spots. Even then, I don't understand why he looks like Perfect Cell anyhow, does 7-3 look like Cell do you? He looks like Hit with horns, how does a goat and a Hit copy cat make Perfect Cell without spots? The only thing 7-3 and Cell have in common is that their androids, other than that, Cell is a fighting narcissist and 7-3 is an emotionless henchman who's personality rivals that of a block of wood.

I get trying to combine Moro and 7-3 to is a difficult task, but what the hell? What's next, Moro is going to start torturing Gohan just Cell did? Make copies of himself like Cell did with the Cell jrs? Absorb more fighters? Is Moro going to have some stupid self destruct or suicide attack in case he finds himself cornered again like Cell did when he threatened to blow up the planet?

I'm no fan of Moro personality wise, all he is to me is Perfect Cell with King Piccolo sprinkled in. This design just made him look like Cell. All Moro is nothing more than a psychopathic and more cunning/pragmatic version of Perfect Cell.

Hopefully Vegeta wakes the fuck up and undoes the fusion sooner or later, because the design isn't my cup of tea.