"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Miracles
I Live Here

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Miracles » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:48 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 pm I wish the design didn't look like Perfect Cell. This is basically their way of saying, "Hey its Cell but not actually, just Moro and 7-3 together! Look how cool Moro is now as he just used his backup plan!" This is basically Cell without his spots and tail. given him Moro's fur coat, pants and 7-3's horns and gem.
Yeah. I just hate it cause it's ugly, secondly, It undermines Moro as the main opponent. Moro's personality and design is what we've been battling all this arc. He is at the forefront of what forced our protagonists to go and better themselves for the obstacles that he brought. The one with the eons of vendetta's against the Dai Kai and Galactic Patrol. That goat face that I've come to love and hate. Now it's a shove in the face of a villain who has established such a stage, taking a back seat to a character who is nothing more than his used minion.

Wow, you'd think that 7-3 wouldn't be so dominate in the fusion. Toyotaro's fanfic really came out with flying colors here. I highly doubt Toriyama himself would let something like this out of his store

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:55 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:48 pm
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 10:30 pm I wish the design didn't look like Perfect Cell. This is basically their way of saying, "Hey its Cell but not actually, just Moro and 7-3 together! Look how cool Moro is now as he just used his backup plan!" This is basically Cell without his spots and tail. given him Moro's fur coat, pants and 7-3's horns and gem.
Yeah. I just hate it cause it's ugly, secondly, It undermines Moro as the main opponent. Moro's personality and design is what we've been battling all this arc. He is at the forefront of what forced our protagonists to go and better themselves for the obstacles that he brought. The one with the eons of vendetta's against the Dai Kai and Galactic Patrol. That goat face that I've come to love and hate. Now it's a shove in the face of a villain who has established such a stage, taking a back seat to a character who is nothing more than his used minion.

Wow, you'd think that 7-3 wouldn't be so dominate in the fusion. Toyotaro's fanfic really came out with flying colors here. I highly doubt Toriyama himself would let something like this out of his store
I don't understand how 7-3 and Moro make Perfect Cell with Moro's features and a gem. I swear, Moro might as well call himself,"Perfect Moro". Since he has a knack for absorbing androids, he might as well go after 17-18 if he can't drain them. He's already Perfect Cell at this point, I wouldn't be surprised if Moro tried absorbing another person while like this.

I've seen worse, but it just looks like something I'd see while I'm browsing Deviantart and see one of those Super saiyan Oc's or those android Oc's that everyone makes. The fact that first form Janemba(the fat blob) looks more like a hellspawn than Moro says something, seeing as Moro does act like a demon and used to look like one until now.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:50 pm

I don't think he looks like Cell. He looks like Sealas, which most likely comes from Seven-three's design being a beta-design for Sealas, while Moro absorbing Seven-three is copied from the plot of World Mission, where Sealas ends up fusing with his android that's able to absorb and copy the abilities of other fighters.

It's very on-the-nose honestly.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:33 am

HeroR wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:36 pmResurrection 'F' did happened and he was confronted by the man who not only blew up his race, but also is basically everything he hates about his past self. Yet, in that moment, Vegeta treated Freeza, a new toy to play with or that annoying guy that came back to life.
I agree, Vegeta should've had some character reflection and development when standing in front of Freeza.
Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pmHow was it about him from the start when the main point was Boo being taken?

That's something Goku should have been doing as the main character who already knows about their techniques and about controlling genki.
And what major thing has Buu done since he was taken ? nothing. In terms of Vegeta, if you can't see how the story has constantly been focusing on him more than anyone else then...OK.

(insert name here) should've gotten X, Y, & Z because he or she is the main character is the absolute worst argument anyone can make. The reason Goku went with Merus instead is because he wants to master the technique of the angles, UI. I guess you would've preferred for Goku to train with both Merus and the Yardratians while Vegeta just went back home and waited to be kicked around with the other Z fighters.
Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 pmGrand Supreme Kai was just an excuse to give Moro some background and a tenuous connection to the main cast, as well as an excuse to see Buu do something.
I think it was the right move. It shows that there's more to the Kais than just their fight with Buu. I also prefer the idea of Moro being someone already established within the lore over just showing up out of nowhere.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School

Post by HeroR » Sun Jun 21, 2020 2:32 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:33 am
HeroR wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 4:36 pmResurrection 'F' did happened and he was confronted by the man who not only blew up his race, but also is basically everything he hates about his past self. Yet, in that moment, Vegeta treated Freeza, a new toy to play with or that annoying guy that came back to life.
I agree, Vegeta should've had some character reflection and development when standing in front of Freeza.
Kagari wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 5:56 pmHow was it about him from the start when the main point was Boo being taken?

That's something Goku should have been doing as the main character who already knows about their techniques and about controlling genki.
And what major thing has Buu done since he was taken ? nothing. In terms of Vegeta, if you can't see how the story has constantly been focusing on him more than anyone else then...OK.

(insert name here) should've gotten X, Y, & Z because he or she is the main character is the absolute worst argument anyone can make. The reason Goku went with Merus instead is because he wants to master the technique of the angles, UI. I guess you would've preferred for Goku to train with both Merus and the Yardratians while Vegeta just went back home and waited to be kicked around with the other Z fighters.
Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 9:13 pmGrand Supreme Kai was just an excuse to give Moro some background and a tenuous connection to the main cast, as well as an excuse to see Buu do something.
I think it was the right move. It shows that there's more to the Kais than just their fight with Buu. I also prefer the idea of Moro being someone already established within the lore over just showing up out of nowhere.
The problem with that is that Goku outright knew about a technique that could hard counter Moro in that he not only knew exactly what Vegeta was doing even how it worked despite not actually seeing it. So you're telling me that Goku, despite even seeing a Yadrate just an arc ago, couldn't come to the same conclusion as Vegeta? Instead, he thought auto-dodge with a stamina draining form was the answer. What's worse, Goku spent nearly a year on Yadrate making him not seeming to remember this extremely useful technique even more mind-numbing and honestly hard to believe.

What more, Vegeta asking to go to Yadrate to begin with was random. Like, what exactly made Vegeta think of the Yadrates in that moment? And even more, he didn't even know that they would have anything that would helped him. He went there on a wing and a pray, and got lucky. Having Goku, who went to Yadrate and knew what their other techniques were but could only master one at the time, makes far better sense than inserting Vegeta in there.

Maybe if we had a panel or two of Goku and Vegeta throwing shit against the wall and Goku mentioned Yadrate in passing and Vegeta gets an idea, it may work better, although just barely, instead of Vegeta seemingly to think of going to Yadrate seemingly out of nowhere. Which is honestly a trope you see all the time in fanfiction when the author forces a story point, but the story point is unnatural for the character that they give it to.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

Psajdak
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Psajdak » Sun Jun 21, 2020 3:58 am

Vegeta only went to Yardrat because he thought that if anyone in U7 would have something useful against Moro, it would be them, it was the only option he had.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 4:11 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:50 pm I don't think he looks like Cell. He looks like Sealas, which most likely comes from Seven-three's design being a beta-design for Sealas, while Moro absorbing Seven-three is copied from the plot of World Mission, where Sealas ends up fusing with his android that's able to absorb and copy the abilities of other fighters.

It's very on-the-nose honestly.
Toyotarou designed characters. He likes that design I guess lol.

But hey, Sealas worked with his designs. But Moro doesn't. He is entirely different. If it was 7-3 who was the enemy all along, perhaps I could disregard it, but Moro looking like this? Ew lowkey
P O W E R

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 21, 2020 5:59 am

I also don’t think Moro looks like Cell that doesn’t mean it’s a good design. It’s just very bland

As for Goku should have been the one to go to Yadrat I think that is just nitpicking. We didn’t even know Goku even knew of this technique until this chapter (and that was also added by Toyo). You could just say it never crossed his mind. It’s not like Goku is constantly thinking about Yadrat. And the move itself was seemingly something that he assumed he couldn’t learn so he was surprised Vegeta learned it.

Vegeta knew about planet Yadrat too and not just because of Goku. He was familiar with the planet from being in the Freeza force and just thought a planet full of special techniques may be able to counteract Moro. He also probably thought of the planet specifically because of Goku doing instant transmission.

Now I guess you can say it is an extreme coincidence that he found a technique that directly counters Moro there but coincidences happen in fiction all the time. And I think we were all expecting something like this.

I also don’t think it’s wrong that Goku worked to perfect UI his most powerful technique to try to beat Moro. It may not have worked but that doesn’t necessarily mean it was a bad strategy.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 am

It's obvious Merus is gonna settle this and give his life away to save Earth.

Dragon Wukong
Regular

Post by Dragon Wukong » Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:20 am

Basically this. Buu being taken kicked off the plot, but ever since they touched down on Namek a majority of the focus in this arc has been on Vegeta, with Goku seemingly taking the role of deuteragonist this time.

It also would've kinda sucked if Vegeta did literally nothing while Goku learned some new technique IN ADDITION to further tapping into Ultra Instinct.
I think that way too. It was an excuse, but it was a good excuse.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:08 am

Dragon Wukong wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 8:20 amIt also would've kinda sucked if Vegeta did literally nothing while Goku learned some new technique IN ADDITION to further tapping into Ultra Instinct.
That's GT levels of terrible. Super isn't (thankfully) Goku time. Super is on its 7th arc, with a lot more to come, so Vegeta getting one to himself shouldn't be a big deal, but to some Goku fanboys it is.
Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 am It's obvious Merus is gonna settle this and give his life away to save Earth.
It's more obvious Vegeta will split them up using his new technique. There's also 2 techniques people are overlooking, his potential to heal himself, and whatever he did to those Yardratians before going to earth. He was pointing at them and they were all out of power. I do think that an angle's death will happen, be it Merus or someone else, just not now.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 am

Putting everything into perspective in case people forgot or had any questions on Moro's new design...

I think everyone knows of who is who.
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 am Image
What in the name of all that is good and pure is that...that thing ? My eyes have never hurt this much before. Moro's new design may not be the best thing ever, but it's perfection compared to that monstrosity.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:34 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:08 am
Zamasu55 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 6:49 am It's obvious Merus is gonna settle this and give his life away to save Earth.
It's more obvious Vegeta will split them up using his new technique. There's also 2 techniques people are overlooking, his potential to heal himself, and whatever he did to those Yardratians before going to earth. He was pointing at them and they were all out of power. I do think that an angle's death will happen, be it Merus or someone else, just not now.
Nothing is obvious at this point. While Vegeta being the one to take down Moro is still a possibility, so is Merus sacrificing himself. Although I still think if Merus does sacrifice himself he won’t die but just become mortal and stay with the Galactic Patrol. A group effort is also still very much a possibility.

There is also the possibility that it could be something completely out of left field. Though I kind of hope this isn’t the case because usually I hate these type of endings. I’d rather an ending fit thematically with the arc then be a surprise.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:37 am

Moro's new form is giving me so many Perfect Cell vibes and I love it. I was always turned off by Moro's design because he looked like a goat (I am not a fan of anthropomorphic characters), so this new form is very appreciated.
Last edited by SupremeKai25 on Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:38 am

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:32 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 9:25 am Image
What in the name of all that is good and pure is that...that thing ? My eyes have never hurt this much before. Moro's new design may not be the best thing ever, but it's perfection compared to that monstrosity.
I'm quite neutral on that design tbh. As with most designs. That's Ultra Pinich, a five-way fusion from Dragon Ball Fusions and the final boss of the game. It's 3 people plus Freeza and Cell.
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:17 am

Another thing everyone seems to have forgotten about:
Vegeta has yet to use any of his main attacks like Final Flash.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:59 am

While Whis is watching him? Not a chance in hell. I feel an angel death will happen in a future arc, whether Merus or Whis or someone else does it will be up to the Tori .
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

MCDaveG
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by MCDaveG » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:21 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 11:17 am Another thing everyone seems to have forgotten about:
Vegeta has yet to use any of his main attacks like Final Flash.
Why? He has Yusuke's Spirit Gun now!
FighterZ: Funky_Strudel
PS4: Dynamixx88

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:23 pm

MCDaveG wrote: Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:21 pmWhy? He has Yusuke's Spirit Gun now!
Why wouldn't he ? he's probably a fan just like us.