"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
ChronoTwigger
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 982
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 9:45 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ChronoTwigger » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:12 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 pm
Looms like Vegeta got his neck grabbed. Well that's gonna be a problem. Not sure how they're gonna deal with that.
High guess: is part of the strategy to defeat Moro. That got booby-trapped by whatever thing Vegeta hid on his blablabla spirit. So Moro explode from the inside, Goku erase the last cells, everyone happy and goodbye.
Last edited by ChronoTwigger on Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

ShaggyBlanco
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 97
Joined: Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:05 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:13 am

Does that mean Moro can get X times stronger by going Super Saiyan 1 to EvolvedBlue?
If so, Beerus/Merus it is

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:14 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 pm
Looms like Vegeta got his neck grabbed. Well that's gonna be a problem. Not sure how they're gonna deal with that.
No one will be able to fuse, but considering none of the heroes stole anyone's energy, won't Vegeta's ability not work on them ?
He still has Vegeta's moveset for thirty minutes and he's strong as hell. Until they can find another loop around this, I can't see anyone doing anything to Moro.

I am predicting someone dying...honestly, Beerus should kill or at least have a go at him. Merus doing it won't make any sense while Whis is standing behind him.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:17 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:14 am
He still has Vegeta's moveset for thirty minutes and he's strong as hell. Until they can find another loop around this, I can't see anyone doing anything to Moro.

I am predicting someone dying...honestly, Beerus should kill or at least have a go at him. Merus doing it won't make any sense while Whis is standing behind him.
Could he copy UI from Goku ? if so, they need to get him as far away from there as possible.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:19 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:17 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:14 am
He still has Vegeta's moveset for thirty minutes and he's strong as hell. Until they can find another loop around this, I can't see anyone doing anything to Moro.

I am predicting someone dying...honestly, Beerus should kill or at least have a go at him. Merus doing it won't make any sense while Whis is standing behind him.
Could he copy UI from Goku ? if so, they need to get him as far away from there as possible.
Isn't UI a state of being? How do you copy a state of being?
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:19 am
Isn't UI a state of being? How do you copy a state of being?
Goku now learned how to access that state, which should give Moro that knowledge as well.

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 am

Alright, we got confirmation. Vegeta could just rip Moro and Seven-Three apart. But obviously, it's not that easy with Moro's current strength now.

This is really promising. I think we could get a battle of fusions again, but one that ends in Moro-three and Gogeta both splitting eachother's fusions with their attacks.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:27 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:19 am
Isn't UI a state of being? How do you copy a state of being?
Goku now learned how to access that state, which should give Moro that knowledge as well.
I guess that makes sense. Though, I feel Moro becoming this much of a problem should be the kind of threat to warrant Beerus stomping over to the scene to see the commotion. Moro manhandling everyone is inevitable.

I think the Z fighters biggest issue will be lasting thirty minutes, let alone an hour. Moro is going to be toying with them, probably using a small portion of his power and flicking them away in boredom.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:35 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 am
Alright, we got confirmation. Vegeta could just rip Moro and Seven-Three apart.
I still think this is what will happen.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:37 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:35 am
Dragon Wukong wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:30 am
Alright, we got confirmation. Vegeta could just rip Moro and Seven-Three apart.
I still think this is what will happen.
The issue is getting close enough, seeing as Vegeta is basically getting smacked around like a newly purchased punching bag. Honestly they better hope Moro's ability runs its course in thirty minutes at some point else its gonna get ugly.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:43 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:37 am
Honestly they better hope Moro's ability runs its course in thirty minutes at some point else its gonna get ugly.
Wouldn't Moro just be able to grab Vegeta's neck again ? or Goku's ?
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 am
I feel Moro becoming this much of a problem should be the kind of threat to warrant Beerus stomping over to the scene to see the commotion.
It's very hard to predict what will happen. On one hand, I think Vegeta will somehow separate them and kill Moro, but on the other things are set up perfectly for Beerus to not only get involved, but fight seriously.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 364
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:50 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:43 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:37 am
Honestly they better hope Moro's ability runs its course in thirty minutes at some point else its gonna get ugly.
Wouldn't Moro just be able to grab Vegeta's neck again ? or Goku's ?
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:33 am
I feel Moro becoming this much of a problem should be the kind of threat to warrant Beerus stomping over to the scene to see the commotion.
It's very hard to predict what will happen. On one hand, I think Vegeta will somehow separate them and kill Moro, but on the other things are set up perfectly for Beerus to not only get involved, but fight seriously.
Moro might not think that far ahead, I know he's smart but he probably doesn't see himself losing that much ground given how he's running circles around Vegeta.

If Vegeta can't kill him or he becomes too OP Beerus should come over and fight. Even if he didn't care about Earth or the Z fighters, Moro is now a threat to his position and if he isn't stopped it's obvious that everyone is going to get screwed.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:52 am

I only wonder if Moro's ability to use spirit fission now will be important.

User avatar
Xeogran
I Live Here
Posts: 2031
Joined: Thu Aug 23, 2012 10:04 am
Contact:

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Xeogran » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 12:10 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 9:25 pm
Looms like Vegeta got his neck grabbed. Well that's gonna be a problem. Not sure how they're gonna deal with that.
No one will be able to fuse, but considering none of the heroes stole anyone's energy, won't Vegeta's ability not work on them ?
Didn't you see that Moro is using a Big Bang Attack against Vegeta in the drafts? He stole all his abilities.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:23 am

Xeogran wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 am
Didn't you see that Moro is using a Big Bang Attack against Vegeta in the drafts? He stole all his abilities.
I know, but Vegeta's most dangerous ability is stealing others' energy, which Moro can't do on someone like Goku as his energy isn't stolen from someone else.

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:33 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:23 am
I know, but Vegeta's most dangerous ability is stealing others' energy, which Moro can't do on someone like Goku as his energy isn't stolen from someone else.
Personally, I maintain the idea that Spirit Fission can drain energy in general (based off earlier chapters.)

But even so, does it really matter? Moro has his own energy absorption ability. Spirit fission will matter if and only if Gogeta happens (which he might.)
Last edited by Dragon Wukong on Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:35 am

Dragon Wukong wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:33 am
Personally, I maintain the idea that Spirit Fission can drain energy in general (based off earlier chapters.)
I forgot about Vegeta draining the energy of those Yardratians. This should be a very interesting chapter.

HulkTySSJ4
Newbie
Posts: 16
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 9:43 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HulkTySSJ4 » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 am

UI, Gogeta, or Merus confirmed at this point.
Roll the dice.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1994
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:45 am

HulkTySSJ4 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 am
UI, Gogeta, or Merus confirmed at this point.
Roll the dice.
Either of these would kill this arc for me. We just got fusion in the last 3 arcs (Vegetto, Kefla, Gogeta) and making the established cast look like incompetent idiots in order to prop up the new character (Merus) is the worst writing technique I've ever seen.

User avatar
Dragon Wukong
Regular
Posts: 583
Joined: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:06 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Dragon Wukong » Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:56 am

HulkTySSJ4 wrote:
Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:41 am
UI, Gogeta, or Merus confirmed at this point.
Roll the dice.
I doubt Merus.

Beerus getting involved at the very least is a possible option honestly.

This would be Gogeta's first proper appearance/fight in the manga too, and would make Moro's immediate absorption of Vegeta's abilities increasingly relevant. Of all the options, I think this is likely.

Goku using Ultra Instinct would be good, but it would have to be in conjunction with trying to get him still long enough for Vegeta to unfuse them IMO.

Post Reply