"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:09 pm

Why can't a future super warrior appear and cut this Moro guy in half smh?
P O W E R

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:10 pm

YuseiFudou wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:37 pmOf course it has to be Merus who shows up as the last hope. What was the point of Goku's training with him and Vegeta learning his new ability at this point?
With Merus showing up as a time patroller, and Dende arriving to heal everyone, I think it's safe to say Merus will simply distract him while Dende helps Goku and Vegeta.

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:17 pm

jplaya2023 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:42 pm the ONLY thing i hope for after this arc is the Z fighters train together and learn eachothers techniques and improve their teamwork.

I would like to see the following in no particular order.

1. Goku teaches EVERYONE Kaioken, Instant Transmission & the spirit bomb

2. Gohan obtains SSJ Blue and mixes it with his mystik state

3. Goten and Trunks obtain SSJ Blue and go into Whiz staff for 8 years and become adults

4. Piccolo reads the namek book of legends and implements more magical powers into his arsenal.

5. Androids 17 and 18 learn fusion for them as well as chaozu + kriian and tien and yamcha

6. They use the dragonballs and wish for unlimited stamina, ability to breathe in space, and instant regeneration.

Coming from someone who already doesnt like the direction dbs has gone, I honestly hope none of these happen, except for the Piccolo one.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:24 pm

Here is the best way I believe this can end.

Merus Distracts Moro while Dende Heals everyone. Maybe while Merus Distracting Moro we get more insight on both of these characters. With everyone healed they try to come up with a plan to take him down. Given that Vegeta is still the strongest out of all of them. And his technique could still take down Moro. So they have Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, 17, 18, and Merus to distract Moro while Vegeta charges up a Final Flash. So they do that, Moro thrashes them some more, and Vegeta eventually charges up enough and fire it. Moro Tosses Everyone Asside and try’s to dodge but Merus grabs Moro and Holds him in place using his angel abilities. Vegeta hits him with the final flash, Spliting Moro and 7-3 and destroys them both.

Merus is grabbed by Whis and he repromands him about what he did before the GP comes in and takes him away.

This seems like the best way to take him down and have Merus have a big role to play in sacrificing himself to make sure Moro dies.
Last edited by DiscountDabi on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:25 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:10 pm
YuseiFudou wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:37 pmOf course it has to be Merus who shows up as the last hope. What was the point of Goku's training with him and Vegeta learning his new ability at this point?
With Merus showing up as a time patroller, and Dende arriving to heal everyone, I think it's safe to say Merus will simply distract him while Dende helps Goku and Vegeta.
Correction, Galactic Patroller. But regardless, its likely Merus is a distraction while the cast get their HP maxed out. Though, I'm more concerned about them getting blitzed again since Moro seems like he's on a completely different level at this point. I'm not sure how anyone other than Beerus/angels would be doing anything to him. Defusion doesn't seem possible at Moro's current strength, he'll just beat Vegeta over his head again. Goku's best bet is the wild card that is MUI, which is a massive pain in the ass and is a costly power up, since Goku was nearly killing himself using it last time.

B-tier fighters are better off not getting involved, Saganbo wrecked them so I fail to see how any of them will be of much help against Perfect Moro. Moro will just send them flying like nothing ever happened.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:33 pm

Dbzfan94 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:17 pm
jplaya2023 wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:42 pm the ONLY thing i hope for after this arc is the Z fighters train together and learn eachothers techniques and improve their teamwork.

I would like to see the following in no particular order.

1. Goku teaches EVERYONE Kaioken, Instant Transmission & the spirit bomb

2. Gohan obtains SSJ Blue and mixes it with his mystik state

3. Goten and Trunks obtain SSJ Blue and go into Whiz staff for 8 years and become adults

4. Piccolo reads the namek book of legends and implements more magical powers into his arsenal.

5. Androids 17 and 18 learn fusion for them as well as chaozu + kriian and tien and yamcha

6. They use the dragonballs and wish for unlimited stamina, ability to breathe in space, and instant regeneration.

Coming from someone who already doesnt like the direction dbs has gone, I honestly hope none of these happen, except for the Piccolo one.
we seen this before, over confidence and arrogance leading to the Z fighters being trounced. It's obvious Gohan needs to train a whole hell of a lot more, the kids are lazy, goku doesn't share his techniques and they have a wish granting dragon that can give them anything and not once would they had said "hmmmm maybe we should ALWAYS have senzu beans"

jplaya2023
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by jplaya2023 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:36 pm

DiscountDabi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:24 pm Here is the best way I believe this can end.

Merus Distracts Moro while Dende Heals everyone. Maybe while Merus Distracting Moro we get more insight on both of these characters. With everyone healed they try to come up with a plan to take him down. Given that Vegeta is still the strongest out of all of them. And his technique could still take down Moro. So they have Goku, Gohan, Piccolo, 17, 18, and Merus to distract Moro while Vegeta charges up a Final Flash. So they do that, Moro thrashes them some more, and Vegeta eventually charges up enough and fire it. Moro Tosses Everyone Asside and try’s to dodge but Merus grabs Moro and Holds him in place using his angel abilities. Vegeta hits him with the final flash, Spliting Moro and 7-3 and destroys them both.

Merus is grabbed by Whis and he repromands him about what he did before the GP comes in and takes him away.

This seems like the best way to take him down and have Merus have a big role to play in sacrificing himself to make sure Moro dies.
vegeta isn't stronger than goku his fission technique just made moro weak enough to where vegeta would beat him down. i doubt moro would be distracted long enough by meerus using a gun to not notice dende trying to heal others he would just kill him like frieza did. I think dende is going to die here anyway. Too much foreshadowing with ESCA and popo on the lookout. Now dende will be wishback of course.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:37 pm

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:25 pmCorrection, Galactic Patroller.

Its likely Merus is a distraction while the cast get their HP maxed out.

Goku's best bet is the wild card that is MUI, which is a massive pain in the ass and is a costly power up, since Goku was nearly killing himself using it last time.
I got them mixed up. :oops:

This seems the most likely, as Merus taking care of him would be very anti climactic, and would mean Goku and Vegeta's training was for nothing.

I doubt it's as much of a pain as having someone's hand through his chest, so he'll probably be fine. At this point that's the only way he'll be able to help Vegeta defuse him.

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:37 pm

I don't know how any of you can't see that Moro73 has become a perfect Cell clone and this chapter taken some stuff from the Cell Saga (Goku's Instant Kamehameha to Gohan Punching Moro from the back like Krillin did when Cell achieved Perfection)
It also sucks that the 30 minute time limit seventhree had whenever he copied ones' abilities went out the door with Moro saying their his forever now it just made the situation much worse and IMO bad Storytelling on Toyo's part I don't see how the heroes could win now unless:

-the trick to defeating or separating Moro73 is by breaking the diamond structures in his hand and head (The ones that show images of warriors whose abilities he copies) BUT a good twist with that is Moro spitting out a dead seventhree but also retaining his youth state (the one he had when fighting UI Omen Goku and losing to Vegeta)
-Merus destabilizing Moro73 in order for Vegeta to use Spirit Separation and split the two
-Seventhree's paralysis wearing off and wanting to separate himself from Moro but Moro ends up using his magic and keeping the backup power he had in Seventhree

there's so many possibilities on where they can go now but Toyo continues to borrow ideas from the OG DragonBall Manga and it's really annoying It's cool to pay homage every once in a while but continuously doing it is bad (IMO)
Last edited by Noitsnothim on Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm

This was the 20th chapter of the arc, we are clearly having at least 3 more chapters. This will probably end by december, a full two years fighting Moro.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:42 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm This was the 20th chapter of the arc, we are clearly having at least 3 more chapters. This will probably end by december, a full two years fighting Moro.
Has it been that long?!?!

BrUh this has been around for a good period of time...
P O W E R

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 pm

TKA wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:55 pm Okay, but what does being saved because they couldn't do it themselves teach any of the cast? What's the point of this when the arc devoted so much time to Goku and Vegeta's individual growths? Wouldn't this undercut all that and render the entire arc pointless because this was always an option?

More importantly, what does that say to the viewer? Don't be invested in anything going on because outside forces can show up and end it all in an instant?
I didn't like the way Toyo handled Vegeta's fight in the last chapter, but so far the growth of both Saiyans has not been in vain. Goku learned to use the UI Omen at will and even though it was useless against Moro, that alone is a pretty big development on the way to the real UI. And this chapter showed that Vegeta's technique works on Moro73, so considering that Dende must heal all Z Fighters, this technique can still be important. With Merus being unable to use his true power, he probably won't face Moro alone.
DiscountDabi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:01 pm Alright, I’ve seen people talk about his regeneration and he’s broken and harder to take down. Its really not. He can’t regenerate like Cell. Because he doesn’t have Cells abilities. He has Piccolos. And last I checked Piccolo Can’t Do that.
But Cell's ability to regenerate also comes from Piccolo. Both Moro and Cell have the same power

Noitsnothim
Regular

Post by Noitsnothim » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:48 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:39 pm This was the 20th chapter of the arc, we are clearly having at least 3 more chapters. This will probably end by december, a full two years fighting Moro.
Moro was interesting the first couple chapters when he was introduced even later when he showed off some of his "Magic" after that he became stale and generic it really sucks because he's supposed to be an nonredeemable evil villain the kind you know should be in hell and even in hell they'd fear him but sadly he's not I really don't think he'll be remembered years after this saga ends

Broly: BR (DBS Broly) is more memorable than him

theherodjl
I Live Here

Post by theherodjl » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:07 pm

Can't speak for Vegeta just yet...but Goku's training didn't really mean dick this time around in terms of being able to defeat the villain. All he did was learn to control UIO and then raised his power by a little bit. If he can't break out MUI by the next chapter then Goku will actually remain useless for once and amusingly, we just might see Goku acknowledging how Krillin & Yamcha feel in these situations.
This might have been avoided if Goku & Vegeta had used fusion instead of trying for ambitious, individual results in the first place. Vegetto/Gogeta Blue would have made short work of Moro and been sensible enough not to let him go and absorb 7-3. It also would've prevented Vegeta from learning forced spirit fission thus Moro would never know it either to split their fusion.
It seems that the Saiyan's hubris really fucked them against this foe. Maybe this will finally shake up their philosophy of one-on-one bouts against opponents all the time?
"Why is a raven like a writing desk?" - The Mad Hatter :think:

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:09 pm

Noitsnothim wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:48 pm
Moro was interesting the first couple chapters when he was introduced even later when he showed off some of his "Magic" after that he became stale and generic it really sucks because he's supposed to be an nonredeemable evil villain the kind you know should be in hell and even in hell they'd fear him but sadly he's not I really don't think he'll be remembered years after this saga ends

Broly: BR (DBS Broly) is more memorable than him
Right on. He was interesting until he started fighting hand-to-hand, then he just became another generic brawler. The worst is his "magic", which they keep bringing up as his main method of fight but only used a grand total of one spell until the final battle.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:26 pm

-Chapter 62-

Toyotaro's creativity for new attacks run out with Vegeta's forced spirit fission, so now we have Gohan doing Gotenks' galactic donuts.
As for Moro moveset, the arc may end without he bring something new to the table.

It's so good to see blood in Dragon Ball. Makes the atmosphere feel more intense automatically. The fact we may never get something like this in the anime again makes it even more welcomed. I doubt Goku is dead, but I don't remember seeing him this fucked up since the Saiyan arc.

Merus is back as he should, now if only Buu woke up... Since Moro has a grudge against Dai Kaioshin, Buu should be there for the final round
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:59 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 pm
DiscountDabi wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:01 pm Alright, I’ve seen people talk about his regeneration and he’s broken and harder to take down. Its really not. He can’t regenerate like Cell. Because he doesn’t have Cells abilities. He has Piccolos. And last I checked Piccolo Can’t Do that.
But Cell's ability to regenerate also comes from Piccolo. Both Moro and Cell have the same power
I don’t remember Piccolo returning from a single Cell or doing anything regeneration wise on the scale of Cell.

Cell had Piccolos cells and was able to get a greater variation of the namekian ability. Moro Simply has Piccolos exact abilities. He can not do what Cell can.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm

I am already seeing people say what Vegeta learned on Yadrat is useless. The arc isn’t even over yet

Obviously I am not saying it will be used again and maybe last chapter was it for Vegeta’s new move but why are people already jumping to conclusions like they already know how everything is going to play out?

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 7:25 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm I am already seeing people say what Vegeta learned on Yadrat is useless. The arc isn’t even over yet

Obviously I am not saying it will be used again and maybe last chapter was it for Vegeta’s new move but why are people already jumping to conclusions like they already know how everything is going to play out?
Thats one issue with the fandom right now. We like to jump to conclusions. Its been happening for the entirety of this arc. Because I know with the utmost confidence that if Vegeta defeats Moro everyone who called Toyotarou a terrible writer and complained about it will say absolutely nothing.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:44 pm

Kinokima wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 6:25 pm I am already seeing people say what Vegeta learned on Yadrat is useless. The arc isn’t even over yet

It's what this fandom does best; people jump to conclusions constantly. This isn't meant to be taken literally. It does happen a lot, though. Hell, just a few days ago, when the most recent Heroes info came out, plenty of people immediately jumped to the conclusion that the limit-breaking SS4 they're introducing is a mix of SS4 and SSG, despite there not being any info about that. At the time, at least. And that's not to mention all the conclusions drawn from incomplete chapter leaks every time they appear.

There's nothing wrong with speculating, obviously, but when people jump to conclusions and start judging the artificial "whole" they've created based on them, that's no good. An example of this would be "The Moro arc suffers from weak writing in the climax, because after Moro defeats all the Z Warriors, Merus just shows up and defeats him by sacrificing himself." (This is an invented example.) The conclusion that's been jumped to in this example is that Merus will completely defeat Moro, which is something we don't know yet. Personally I'd call a premature judgment like that pretty unfair.

In short: Yes, let's wait and see what actually happens.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link