"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6153
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 8:56 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:43 am
Am I the only one that thinks Moro's abilities he got from 73 now being permanent because reasons...is fucking dumb? I want to like the manga. And I've found Moro slowly growing on me. Not much, but moreso than he was. And I'm sorry to sound like a broken record, but this writing is seriously crap. Why is the copy ability no longer without time limit? Something that was never hinted at or alluded to that came with 73? Toyo is literally pulling threats out of his ass that had no set up or prior mention before just to make Moro more dangerous and I cannot ignore it at all.

It's good to see Dende do something though and actually head to the battlefield again. And even though it's unlikely, I'd like to think that the angel clothes in that one panel belonged to Whis (even though its most likely Merus' angel getup that he changed into his GP uniform from)
Moro's entire deal this arc has been suddenly having very specific abilities only when the plot needs him too. It's real annoying. Again, the biggest downfall of being a highlight reel of Z is that you're inheriting all the flaws of Z compacted into one arc.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Tai Lung
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm

Good
-I like the harshness of the chapter being honest it was not something that was seen in a long time at least if we talk about goku :thumbup:
-a magical ability of the Moro as that barrier, a strategy that at least gives some personality to someone who is almost always boring :clap:
-He is a very minor character but Dende's intervention and his suffering for not being able to help is really interesting taking his role as god of the earth.
-it is good that the merger is no longer an alternative

Neutral
I think it is obvious to everyone that piccolo has god level, right? :think: because I do not see sense in his strategy or that Moro has intervened in his attack

Bad
-the Moro's magic no sense ...
the problem is that he is not buu or cell ... buu can absorb anyone due to his physiology but moro no ... cell can absorb androids because it was created for that since it is part of its natural evolution but moro no .. Moro ate his minion ... to regain his power and that is something that he cannot do with others if he had not already done it with goku or vegeta ... but Moro can do it with him because at the end of the day he has his " essence "by copying it at the cellular level ok let's say it is consistent with that because it also gets the ability of that android if that is foreign to him? The solo is not supposed to be a "container" or a living USB. The funny thing is that it did not absorb its weaknesses either, only the "good points" tremendously elaborate for vegeta loses. :lol:
-the power levels only go from one side to another ... it is sacrificed to add "strategy" but without achieving anything really something that the tournament of power had sincerely done better(anime)
- so goku loses "again" .. it is no longer interesting yeah .. with beerus it was being "the first time" .. in addition to what the god of destruction represented but at least in the manga it is already an abuse .. he did not beat jiren and he did not get a single elimination in the tournament now this ... :thumbdown:
-"Merus sue" has come to the rescue ... seriously if he beats Moro .. decided he will be the worst character in super

User avatar
omaro34
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1827
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:27 pm
Location: Western Canada

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by omaro34 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 pm

Esca becomes the new guardian of Earth, and Dende fuses with Piccolo.

I would have predicted this if the spirit fission technique wasn't in Moro's endless arsenal of moves.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

User avatar
Kanassa
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 6153
Joined: Sun Apr 17, 2016 6:57 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Kanassa » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 pm

DiscountDabi wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:59 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 pm
DiscountDabi wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:01 pm
Alright, I’ve seen people talk about his regeneration and he’s broken and harder to take down. Its really not. He can’t regenerate like Cell. Because he doesn’t have Cells abilities. He has Piccolos. And last I checked Piccolo Can’t Do that.
But Cell's ability to regenerate also comes from Piccolo. Both Moro and Cell have the same power
I don’t remember Piccolo returning from a single Cell or doing anything regeneration wise on the scale of Cell.
Buu arc, that's how he survived being smashed as a statue. Cell and his regeneration work simply on a 'as long as this part of the body is intact, I can regenerate'. Cell's bullshit was just in how any part of him survived his own suicide attack.

Tai Lung wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Neutral
I think it is obvious to everyone that piccolo has god level, right? :think: because I do not see sense in his strategy or that Moro has intervened in his attack
Couldn't even slow Moro's bottom bitch down when dogpiling him with stronger characters, but he thinks him grabbing Moro's legs means anything. Really, that whole strategy felt so pointless. Piccolo can't hold Moro down, neither can Gohan, and Goku doesn't need this set up for an instant transmission kahmehameha.
When Super apparently shoves Goku down our throats:


Obligitory Fan Fic Plug: Dragon Ball - Another Road
Kanassa wrote:
FoolsGil wrote:I hope Mark is dead. But chances are the dragonballs will bring his stupid ass back. :D
- FoolsGil, Out of Context, 2017

User avatar
Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gligarman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm

omaro34 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Esca becomes the new guardian of Earth, and Dende fuses with Piccolo.

I would have predicted this if the spirit fission technique wasn't in Moro's endless arsenal of moves.
I actually really like idea of Dende fusing with Piccolo. Though I really like Dende so I'd hate to see him go. But I could definitely see him fusing with Piccolo and then Piccolo becomes the God of Earth.

TheNingen
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:00 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by TheNingen » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:36 pm

Gligarman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm
omaro34 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Esca becomes the new guardian of Earth, and Dende fuses with Piccolo.

I would have predicted this if the spirit fission technique wasn't in Moro's endless arsenal of moves.
I actually really like idea of Dende fusing with Piccolo. Though I really like Dende so I'd hate to see him go. But I could definitely see him fusing with Piccolo and then Piccolo becomes the God of Earth.
If they're going to keep true to the EoZ ending, this won't happen as Dende was there during Goku's fight with Uub in the tournament

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:41 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:36 pm
Gligarman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm
omaro34 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Esca becomes the new guardian of Earth, and Dende fuses with Piccolo.

I would have predicted this if the spirit fission technique wasn't in Moro's endless arsenal of moves.
I actually really like idea of Dende fusing with Piccolo. Though I really like Dende so I'd hate to see him go. But I could definitely see him fusing with Piccolo and then Piccolo becomes the God of Earth.
If they're going to keep true to the EoZ ending, this won't happen as Dende was there during Goku's fight with Uub in the tournament
Who knows, they might just have Dende say screw it and allow himself become part of Piccolo, even though I fail to see what Piccolo would gain, a bit of boost is better than nothing I suppose.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
DBPirate
Newbie
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jul 16, 2020 12:07 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DBPirate » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:42 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:26 pm
-Chapter 62-

Toyotaro's creativity for new attacks run out with Vegeta's forced spirit fission, so now we have Gohan doing Gotenks' galactic donuts.
As for Moro moveset, the arc may end without he bring something new to the table.
Personally, I'm hoping that the anime takes a few liberties with Moro's abilities so that his skill set doesn't come across as too generic.
Favorite sagas: Tien Shinhan (DB), Frieza (Z), Future Trunks (Super)
Favorite characters: Frieza, Future Trunks, Beerus, Android 17, Zamasu, Gohan

User avatar
Gligarman
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 400
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2015 9:04 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Gligarman » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:43 pm

TheNingen wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:36 pm
Gligarman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm
omaro34 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:21 pm
Esca becomes the new guardian of Earth, and Dende fuses with Piccolo.

I would have predicted this if the spirit fission technique wasn't in Moro's endless arsenal of moves.
I actually really like idea of Dende fusing with Piccolo. Though I really like Dende so I'd hate to see him go. But I could definitely see him fusing with Piccolo and then Piccolo becomes the God of Earth.
If they're going to keep true to the EoZ ending, this won't happen as Dende was there during Goku's fight with Uub in the tournament
Sad but true. Though it would be nice if Dende and Piccolo did some sort of training or something together or if they temporarily fused.

User avatar
Tai Lung
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1651
Joined: Wed Apr 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Tai Lung » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:43 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 pm
Tai Lung wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:13 pm
Neutral
I think it is obvious to everyone that piccolo has god level, right? :think: because I do not see sense in his strategy or that Moro has intervened in his attack
Couldn't even slow Moro's bottom bitch down when dogpiling him with stronger characters, but he thinks him grabbing Moro's legs means anything. Really, that whole strategy felt so pointless. Piccolo can't hold Moro down, neither can Gohan, and Goku doesn't need this set up for an instant transmission kahmehameha.
Image
He fought several times with Gohan against Moro or Saganbo without missing a beat unlike the androids
He prepared a final attack with which he intended to defeat Moro and this was in charge of stopping him by precaution

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:44 pm

Gligarman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:43 pm
TheNingen wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:36 pm
Gligarman wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:34 pm


I actually really like idea of Dende fusing with Piccolo. Though I really like Dende so I'd hate to see him go. But I could definitely see him fusing with Piccolo and then Piccolo becomes the God of Earth.
If they're going to keep true to the EoZ ending, this won't happen as Dende was there during Goku's fight with Uub in the tournament
Sad but true. Though it would be nice if Dende and Piccolo did some sort of training or something together or if they temporarily fused.
Vegeta could always separate them after the battle's over if Piccolo desired so....
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
ssj3kakarot
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 209
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:47 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by ssj3kakarot » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:16 pm

So Moro is the Oprah of handing out L's apparently " You get an L, and you get an L, EVERYBODY gets an L"

Worst part of this whole chapter.....Krillin. Seriously dude, eat a sensu bean and fly. You seriously have so few sensu beans you can't have one yourself?
" I swear on that faith I can never back down now" - Goku

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:22 pm

ssj3kakarot wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:16 pm
So Moro is the Oprah of handing out L's apparently " You get an L, and you get an L, EVERYBODY gets an L"

Worst part of this whole chapter.....Krillin. Seriously dude, eat a sensu bean and fly. You seriously have so few sensu beans you can't have one yourself?
Maybe Krillin only has like two or something, given how senzu beans are relied on he might not want to waste it on himself while the higher tier fighters are barley clinging to life.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
miguelnuva1
I Live Here
Posts: 2212
Joined: Wed Sep 19, 2012 9:23 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by miguelnuva1 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 pm

theherodjl wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:07 pm
Can't speak for Vegeta just yet...but Goku's training didn't really mean dick this time around in terms of being able to defeat the villain. All he did was learn to control UIO and then raised his power by a little bit. If he can't break out MUI by the next chapter then Goku will actually remain useless for once and amusingly, we just might see Goku acknowledging how Krillin & Yamcha feel in these situations.
This might have been avoided if Goku & Vegeta had used fusion instead of trying for ambitious, individual results in the first place. Vegetto/Gogeta Blue would have made short work of Moro and been sensible enough not to let him go and absorb 7-3. It also would've prevented Vegeta from learning forced spirit fission thus Moro would never know it either to split their fusion.
It seems that the Saiyan's hubris really fucked them against this foe. Maybe this will finally shake up their philosophy of one-on-one bouts against opponents all the time?
This is a massive flaw from both Goku and Vegeta. They should have attempted Gogeta or vegito several times in the series and they almost lose as a result.

Gogeta with Kid Buu
Gogeta again with Frieza
Gogeta with Jiren
Gogeta with Moro

It's luck that always pulls them out, Frieza ran out of power, Goku got pushed into UI and we'll see how they beat Moro.

Even taking Old Moro and Frieza off the table they should have fused againts Jiren for sure and they should have fused instead of trying to charge ss3 for a minute.

HeroR
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7936
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2016 11:28 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by HeroR » Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:55 pm

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 10:43 pm
theherodjl wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:07 pm
Can't speak for Vegeta just yet...but Goku's training didn't really mean dick this time around in terms of being able to defeat the villain. All he did was learn to control UIO and then raised his power by a little bit. If he can't break out MUI by the next chapter then Goku will actually remain useless for once and amusingly, we just might see Goku acknowledging how Krillin & Yamcha feel in these situations.
This might have been avoided if Goku & Vegeta had used fusion instead of trying for ambitious, individual results in the first place. Vegetto/Gogeta Blue would have made short work of Moro and been sensible enough not to let him go and absorb 7-3. It also would've prevented Vegeta from learning forced spirit fission thus Moro would never know it either to split their fusion.
It seems that the Saiyan's hubris really fucked them against this foe. Maybe this will finally shake up their philosophy of one-on-one bouts against opponents all the time?
This is a massive flaw from both Goku and Vegeta. They should have attempted Gogeta or vegito several times in the series and they almost lose as a result.

Gogeta with Kid Buu
Gogeta again with Frieza
Gogeta with Jiren
Gogeta with Moro

It's luck that always pulls them out, Frieza ran out of power, Goku got pushed into UI and we'll see how they beat Moro.

Even taking Old Moro and Frieza off the table they should have fused againts Jiren for sure and they should have fused instead of trying to charge ss3 for a minute.
Gogeta wasn’t an option for half of those since Vegeta didn’t know the Fusion Dance. Even in the Broly movie, Vegeta messed up twice and they lost an hour. Unless you mean Vegito for Buu and there was no Potara around for Freeza. Fusion also breeds dependency as seen with Goten and Trunks to the point Vegeta called them out on it.

Fusion was taking off the table in the TOP since as Whis pointed out, if the fusion lost they lose two fighters at the same time. Which is why Beerus veto fusing 17 and 18.
Kanassa wrote:
precita wrote:Goku will still be around but take a Buu saga approach backseat.
Goku barely took a backseat in the Buu saga, at best he took a leisurely stroll round back while everyone else cried for him to come back.

User avatar
DiscountDabi
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 255
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2019 2:10 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by DiscountDabi » Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:45 pm

Kanassa wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:30 pm
DiscountDabi wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:59 pm
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:47 pm



But Cell's ability to regenerate also comes from Piccolo. Both Moro and Cell have the same power
I don’t remember Piccolo returning from a single Cell or doing anything regeneration wise on the scale of Cell.
Buu arc, that's how he survived being smashed as a statue. Cell and his regeneration work simply on a 'as long as this part of the body is intact, I can regenerate'. Cell's bullshit was just in how any part of him survived his own suicide attack.
I always Considered that Scene an Outlier and Plot Induced stupidity given the fact if he could survive that then I see no reason Frieza shooting him through the chest was any problem at all.

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3183
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:05 am

I think there's a chance the angle who let Dende in wasn't Merus, but Whis. He might've agreed to Merus getting involved under strict conditions.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:05 am
I think there's a chance the angle who let Dende in wasn't Merus, but Whis. He might've agreed to Merus getting involved under strict conditions.
I have a feeling this is part of Whis's plan, seeing as even if Whis gave fuck all about the Earth, Moro is still a menace to his universe and he obviously doesn't like him existing. Seeing as the Z fighters are the only people in the galaxy strong enough to be of help if Beerus won't rise up, he probably figured that there was a way for Merus to slip in to the fight without violating the code and getting the Grand Priest's ire. This has to be part of some type of plan.

Though seriously, I feel like Dende is dangerously close to the 'character about to be killed off soon' given how close he is to the battlefield.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

User avatar
Matches Malone
I Live Here
Posts: 3183
Joined: Tue Jan 21, 2020 3:12 am

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:13 am

Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 am
I feel like Dende is dangerously close to the 'character about to be killed off soon' given how close he is to the battlefield.
He' definitely at major risk, but I think he'll manage to get Goku and Vegeta back on their feet, but just barely.

User avatar
Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 479
Joined: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:26 pm

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:16 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:13 am
Femme Fatale Kikaza wrote:
Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:09 am
I feel like Dende is dangerously close to the 'character about to be killed off soon' given how close he is to the battlefield.
He' definitely at major risk, but I think he'll manage to get Goku and Vegeta back on their feet, but just barely.
And then, Moro will kill Dende off to prevent him from healing the others cause dramatic effect. Esca can be used to replace him if needed.

Honestly, at least Krillin has senzu's, though he probably isn't going to be showing up for a bit.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Post Reply