"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JulieYBM » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:50 pm

It's almost poetic that this awful arc won't end. 😆
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

OLKv3
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by OLKv3 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:51 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:40 pm I’m fucking pissed and dissapointed that we didn’t see Goku attain MUI in today’s manga draft pages... I’m very shocked and NEGATIVELY surprised. I would’ve at least liked to have gotten some confirmation on it...

Now ofcourse that in no way is proof that it won’t happen.. But I would’ve just loved to have some confirmation on it. That is all.
He starts transforming on the final draft page

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:54 pm

OLKv3 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:51 pm
GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:40 pm I’m fucking pissed and dissapointed that we didn’t see Goku attain MUI in today’s manga draft pages... I’m very shocked and NEGATIVELY surprised. I would’ve at least liked to have gotten some confirmation on it...

Now ofcourse that in no way is proof that it won’t happen.. But I would’ve just loved to have some confirmation on it. That is all.
I hope so... I hope so.

I guess my expectations were a bit too extreme. Expecting to see an already transformed MUI Goku during the draft panels. Ofcourse there’s a whole emotional process involved towards transforming ofcourse and that takes quite a few pages, which I forgot. Apologies..

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:58 pm

Why would you want the biggest moment spoiled in the draft pages?

Granted it will be spoiled anyways but they probably want to leave that moment to the actual chapter.

EGonzo
Beyond Newbie

Post by EGonzo » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:07 pm

Tai Lung wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:46 pm Does anyone consider merus and goku's friendship forced? I am not saying that gohan and android 16 had any development but it made sense due to the interests and personality of both ... peaceful people who want to protect the earth with merus and goku there is no connection outside of master and disciple for 3 days ... I think with gohan it would have worked better or beerus and goku
It was super forced, especially since all we saw of it was a flashback just before Meerus dies. I'm not sure why people try to compare them to Gohan and 16 - they weren't friends, 16 was just the trigger to Gohan's transformation. He saw everyone getting beat up but not dying, and 16's death (plus the pep talk) was that little push to send him over the edge

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:25 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:54 pm
OLKv3 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:51 pm

I hope so... I hope so.

I guess my expectations were a bit too extreme. Expecting to see an already transformed MUI Goku during the draft panels. Ofcourse there’s a whole emotional process involved towards transforming ofcourse and that takes quite a few pages, which I forgot. Apologies..
This is probably following Merus' explanation about UI from before. It's triggered after the user surpasses an emotional shock. That seems to be what those pages are conveying. Goku initially controls his anger, then reminisces about Merus and his dream of protecting the galaxy (also asking Jaco why he fought for the Patrol) and only then transforms.

EGonzo wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:07 pm
Tai Lung wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 7:46 pm Does anyone consider merus and goku's friendship forced? I am not saying that gohan and android 16 had any development but it made sense due to the interests and personality of both ... peaceful people who want to protect the earth with merus and goku there is no connection outside of master and disciple for 3 days ... I think with gohan it would have worked better or beerus and goku
It was super forced, especially since all we saw of it was a flashback just before Meerus dies. I'm not sure why people try to compare them to Gohan and 16 - they weren't friends, 16 was just the trigger to Gohan's transformation. He saw everyone getting beat up but not dying, and 16's death (plus the pep talk) was that little push to send him over the edge
Huh? We got two scenes before that. Although that's still not much, but it wasn't just that flashback.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:18 pm

I hate how uninformed Moro is in regards to GoDs and Angels. It truly seems his deity knowledge ends at Kaioshins, despite being this million years old Wizard. Zamasu, Jiren and Hit all knew about Angels yet our currently longest antagonist is now all like "Huh who was that guy why is he strong??

It takes away his badassery points, not to mention makes him look less threatening too with all those shocked faces.

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 am

Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm The drafts are out, for those who were waiting for them.
It wasn't 3 days, it was 3 or 6 months
Merus says .. that in that "rosat" 1 day was 3 days

OLKv3

Post by OLKv3 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 am

Tai Lung wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 am
Koitsukai wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:34 pm The drafts are out, for those who were waiting for them.
So it was months

Tai Lung

Post by Tai Lung » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:05 am

OLKv3 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:53 am
Tai Lung wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 12:30 am

So it was months
Last edited by Tai Lung on Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:07 am

GodVegetto91 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:40 pmI’m fucking pissed and dissapointed that we didn’t see Goku attain MUI in today’s manga draft pages.
I actually would've been surprised to see it, as I think it's too big of a moment to show in such a way.
Dbzfan94 wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 9:47 pmSo basically what happened in the ToP when Vegeta "blew hismelf up" only to be perfectly fine :lol:
Yes, come to think of it, yes. Another example is him saying he was out of power, only to fully power up in the next episode.

FrioPolar

Post by FrioPolar » Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:21 am

Merus and Goku were together for 6 months.

Image.

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 am

Slow your roll.

You'll get the actual chapter in a week's time. Previews like this one here are designed to give readers a taste of what's to come, not partake in instant gratification.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:31 am

The Undying wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:19 am Slow your roll.

You'll get the actual chapter in a week's time. Previews like this one here are designed to give readers a taste of what's to come, not partake in instant gratification.
Well to be honest, these previews are just the first pages of the chapter. If Toyotaro wanted to start it out with MUI, then these would spoil it.

HulkTySSJ4

Post by HulkTySSJ4 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 am

Dragon Ball is specifically made to be predictable.
Don't know why anyone would be surprised...

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:59 am

HulkTySSJ4 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 amDragon Ball is specifically made to be predictable.
The original manga is anything but predictable.

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 am

HulkTySSJ4 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 am Dragon Ball is specifically made to be predictable.
Because Zeno erasing the entirety of Trunks' timeline, or Frieza allying with Goku for a Tournament sure were predictable.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:20 am

As expected Goku was calm in front of what just happened.

I like how he says he has inherited the Galactic Patrol’s and Merus’ will. This may be the first time (canonically) that Goku fights not for his own sake but for the universe as well.
This surprisingly fits very well with the fact that there’s no personal connection between Moro and Goku.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:54 am

emperior wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:20 amThis may be the first time (canonically) that Goku fights not for his own sake but for the universe as well.

This surprisingly fits very well with the fact that there’s no personal connection between Moro and Goku.
Goku fought king Piccolo to avenge Krillin and Roshi. He also fought Freeza to avenge the Saiyans and Namakians.

I've been thinking how they'd make it work, and this definitely takes care of that problem. Now let's hope he gets the job done instead of messing up at the last minute only to have to wait for another fight to take place.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:57 am

Xeogran wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:03 am
HulkTySSJ4 wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 2:45 am Dragon Ball is specifically made to be predictable.
Because Zeno erasing the entirety of Trunks' timeline, or Frieza allying with Goku for a Tournament sure were predictable.
Or nobody beating Beerus in BOG, or Whis rewinding time in ROF, or Goku giving up against Hit and Hit let Monaka win with one puch, or....
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.