"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Matches Malone
Banned

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:06 pm WTF is THIS???!!

Can anyone explain? Lol
I'm speechless, I seriously don't even know what to say. They're going to pull a RF/Black arc ending aren't they ?

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Block88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:13 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:10 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 2:07 pm

It has to get bad ? You seriously think what we've been getting with him is good ?

This comment explains things far better than I ever could:

You know, fandoms, especially the DB fandom, tends to treat stories like a grocery store. They walk down the pages of the isle and pick and choose what they want to put in their carts. This poster you quoted did some basket shopping. He even used coupon's to cheapen the narrative.

The poster conveniently didn't toss in Goku putting the universe in peril after breaking the Patorra against Kid Buu. Just cause Buu wasn't merged anymore.People need to let it go, Goku giving Moro a senzu bean is i ncharacter.
It’s not it’s literally bringing back a dumb ass decision from the cell saga and doing it again
Goku continued this character even after the Cell saga. So you have no point either.
Last edited by Miracles on Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:19 pm

If you can't eat a planet then become the planet

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Block88 wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:15 pm Even saying hurr durr this in his character doesn’t mean we should go through this shit again especially where there’s better ways to do it like doesn’t Moro have fucking magic?
Yeah. Apparently they couldn't just have Moro take the beans from Krillin with telekinesis cause reasons. Still, like DBNamek said, sparing and healing Moro is stupid because if Moro had decided to change at any point prior to this arc, he would've done so. It's not like Moro is some type of sympathetic and tragic villain who literally can't control himself(even then, its risky to spare someone who can't control themselves and it affects entire planets, best thing would be a mercy kill and reincarnation given the scale Moro eats)

Moro has shown himself to be a irredeemable, pure evil, unrepentant lunatic, he blew Goku's second chance, proving he'll never change. There are villains who haven't done half the shit Moro did and yet they were killed off. Moro is a menace and will plague Universe 7 if he lives past this arc, the best thing to do with him is to KILL him. Don't bring him back, end him once and for all.
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:22 pm

My prediction for the next arc: There will be a big schism between Goku and co. and the Gods. I believe the Grand Priest and his children will not forget Goku's crime. He pretty much wasted Merus' sacrifice, and let Moro become infinitely stronger, to the point that he now threatens the entire multiverse. The Grand Priest has shown himself to be very calm and patient, but regardless Goku has passed a certain threshold. I believe he will be held accountable in front of the Gods for his actions against divine law and the cosmos.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:18 pm

Can anyone explain? Lol
I'm speechless, I seriously don't even know what to say. They're going to pull a RF/Black arc ending aren't they ?
As I said earlier deus ex machina ending

I saw someone suggest that Moro may be responsible for his own demise. I wouldn’t hate that if all the build up with Goku & Vegeta wasn’t so utterly pointless

Kodoshin
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Kodoshin » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Since when could Angels do that? Where is Moro getting these powers from?
I mean, he has magic. Gotta count for something right? I'm sure he's great at parties.

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:23 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:10 pmThe poster conveniently didn't toss in Goku putting the universe in peril after breaking the Patorra against Kid Buu. Just cause Buu wasn't merged anymore.
The Potara was a permanent fusion at the time, there was no need to use such a drastic measure with the fusion dance being around. There's also the fact that Goku believed Ssj3 would be enough tot take him down, so did Vegeta.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:26 pm

Honestly this page, as weird as it is. got me more excited for the fight than any of the other leaks since it actually looks like Moro is doing something new/cool with his magic

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:34 pm

After the Tournament of Power there were so many interesting directions they could have taken Dragon Ball, but this Moro arc has to be potentially the worst direction on the table.

Just, full bore, immediately following the debut of Ultra Instinct, let's ramp right into mastering it instantly and then fighting Angel-level entities, and not even Angel-level entities out in wild new universal frontiers rich with exciting new lorebuilding and characters, but entities that just come from Universe 7's distant past and steal the power of an Angel. Not through any cunning plans or long-manipulated machinations, just because they just have that power, I guess.

Fuck me. Idk guys. This is trash. This is pure garbage. There were so many neat things they could have done from a storytelling perspective. This just throws Goku at blinding speed at the FIGHT THE ANGELS AND GRAND PRIEST, BECOME PAPI BLANCO AND DESTROY ZENO wall, where he can splatter like so many ultra instinct tomatoes for our amusement. This is serious lowest common denominator shit. Where is Toriyama's sense of wonder? His sense of humor?
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 pm

Ziegander wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pmI'm willing to see where Toyotaro goes with this. To echo what everyone's been saying about how this is like 20% of the full issue, or less, I'll go further and say that plenty of times, after reading the sample pages, I've either been surprised by where the manga issue did finally end up (for good or ill), or satisfied with the conclusion.
Ziegander wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:34 pm Fuck me. Idk guys. This is trash. This is pure garbage.
Well, that escalated quickly.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:55 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:23 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:10 pmThe poster conveniently didn't toss in Goku putting the universe in peril after breaking the Patorra against Kid Buu. Just cause Buu wasn't merged anymore.
The Potara was a permanent fusion at the time, there was no need to use such a drastic measure with the fusion dance being around. There's also the fact that Goku believed Ssj3 would be enough tot take him down, so did Vegeta.
This doesn't change the cemented fact about Goku's character. That he will put the universe at risk for a fight.

Totamo
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Totamo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:19 pm
I'm not going to lie, I have never been more interested to read a Super chapter than I am right now.
Last edited by Totamo on Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:05 pm

Can anyone explain? Lol

Moro's redemption.

ShaggyBlanco
Beyond Newbie

Post by ShaggyBlanco » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm

Totamo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 pm
I'm not going to lie, I have never been more interested to read a Super chapter than I am right now.
Same, if his orb is healed then I guess it happens after the Merus page, actually looking forward for the chapter

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:10 pm

LMAO, when fans think they have everything figured out, Toriyama/Toyotaro always find way to surprise us. I like what I'm seeing. :lol:
Just not use Zeno button again. It seems more like what General Rildo did against Goku than sky Zamasu in anime FT Trunks arc.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:23 pm

ShaggyBlanco wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:08 pm
Totamo wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:02 pm
Same, if his orb is healed then I guess it happens after the Merus page, actually looking forward for the chapter
Its like Ultra Instinct roshi. Its so beyond comprehension that it blows your mind and you become entertained.

I don't think super is bad, but if it wants to be bad, give me stuff like the spirit bomb sword, man. Be creative with your nonsense and I will forgive a ton.

Totamo

Post by Totamo » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:30 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:10 pm LMAO, when fans think they have everything figured out, Toriyama/Toyotaro always find way to surprise us. I like what I'm seeing. :lol:
Just not use Zeno button again. It seems more like what General Rildo did against Goku than sky Zamasu in anime FT Trunks arc.
...Dragon Ball is weird.

Ziegander
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ziegander » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:31 pm

Magnificent Ponta wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:40 pm
Ziegander wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 3:34 pmI'm willing to see where Toyotaro goes with this. To echo what everyone's been saying about how this is like 20% of the full issue, or less, I'll go further and say that plenty of times, after reading the sample pages, I've either been surprised by where the manga issue did finally end up (for good or ill), or satisfied with the conclusion.
Ziegander wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 4:34 pm Fuck me. Idk guys. This is trash. This is pure garbage.
Well, that escalated quickly.
What? I saw where Toyo was going with it. He surprised me alright, and it's the second (or third?) time he's done that in a way that I did not like. I actively despise this, these surprises. There were a number of reasons Goku might have had for giving a senzu bean. We got the most idiotic reason. Then we got Angel Moro on top of that.

It's fine if you're here for it for simply mindless entertainment. I'll read the chapter. Giant earth-merged Angel Moro looks fun, I guess, but it's trash. After the chapter where Goku entered Completed Ultra Instinct, I felt like Toyo nailed that, the pacing, the writing, the characterizations, all perfect. I was willing to cut him a lot of slack. But he's gone way past spending that goodwill already.
My Full Rewrite of the Moro Arc

I've begun a full-scale re-write of the Tournament of Power! Here's Ch. 1, here's Ch.
, and here's Ch.
3!

Magnificent Ponta
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Magnificent Ponta » Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:35 pm

Ziegander wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 5:31 pmWhat? I saw where Toyo was going with it.
Ah, so you've read the chapter, then? This isn't just another hot take drawn from incomplete information, just 4 days after a commitment to give the chapter the benefit of the doubt?

Listen, I don't mind what you do or don't like - that's up to you - but it is possible to be a bit more reasonable and measured about the whole thing, isn't it?