"Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Re: "Dragon Ball Super (Manga)" Official Discussion Thread

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:52 pm

Mister_Popo wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:44 pm
I never read these 'summaries', i think they are too insane spoilers.

Why even bother to read the chapter if you have basically read the whole script and seen a lot of the key panels?
It kinda takes away a lot from the surprise elements and enjoyment that are still in each chapter.
Seriously considering on avoiding the panel-spoilers too.
I dont mind spoilers, its all about the journey, not the destination, and all that, but its kinda silly that i can come on to discuss being excited for a chapter releasing tomorrow and have the ending spoiled for me in the topic to discuss upcoming chapters?

There needs to be a divide so people who dont like spoilers have somewhere to discuss and people who like to discuss the leaks can, because right now it seems the two groups are forced together and its screwing over the former.

FlpShimizu
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by FlpShimizu » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 pm

I think a "OPEN SPOILERS" warning in the title would help. Then a spoiler free thread could show up
"I'm never fighting a gag manga character again!"

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:13 pm

FlpShimizu wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:04 pm I think a "OPEN SPOILERS" warning in the title would help. Then a spoiler free thread could show up
I agree, it doesnt help that the thread doesnt clarify how spoilers should be handled. But aside from the simplest solution of people using spoiler tags(which they seem adamantly against), the only other option is to split the two camps.

I would make a spoiler free discussion topic, but... am i allowed, is that not a mod thing to do?

pepd
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by pepd » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:16 pm

JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:38 pm [...]
It would be nice to have a thread specifically for leaks for a bit of stricter control on the actual spoilers.
That's a good idea. It would also help to separate the actual manga discussion of these conclusive speculations.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 pm

This is the spoiler-free thread. Or at least it was supposed to be... at one point... I guess... I think. Looking back at how this thread has been these last few days, I think it'd be fantastic if it could be like that again. Or maybe it should just get straight up locked between when the drafts come out and the full chapter comes out, while there'd be a "Dragon Ball Super Manga Spoiler & Speculation Thread" that could be used in the meantime.
Rebel Instinct wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 pm As for me, I will not be giving my thoughts on the chapter - at least not until the whole thing is officially out and fully (professionally) translated and I urge others to do the same.
"Don't mess with DB fans, we complain first and read/watch later" :lol:
Really, though, the amount of premature judging that's been going on is directly silly, with some of it being proven baseless already. Once again, having a spoiler and speculation thread to siphon all that stuff out of this "main" thread would be great, so that we could have more well-informed discussion here once the chapters themselves come out. The rest of your post isn't all that far off base either.
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

The Undying
Banned Alternate Account

Post by The Undying » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:41 pm

I haven't read any spoilers outside of the drafts, but given this month's discourse, I'm in full support of having this thread routinely locked for a few days before release as it used to be.
Last edited by The Undying on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Formerly Marlowe89.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Alruneia wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 pm This is the spoiler-free thread. Or at least it was supposed to be... at one point... I guess... I think. Looking back at how this thread has been these last few days, I think it'd be fantastic if it could be like that again. Or maybe it should just get straight up locked between when the drafts come out and the full chapter comes out, while there'd be a "Dragon Ball Super Manga Spoiler & Speculation Thread" that could be used in the meantime.
Rebel Instinct wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 pm As for me, I will not be giving my thoughts on the chapter - at least not until the whole thing is officially out and fully (professionally) translated and I urge others to do the same.
"Don't mess with DB fans, we complain first and read/watch later" :lol:
Really, though, the amount of premature judging that's been going on is directly silly, with some of it being proven baseless already. Once again, having a spoiler and speculation thread to siphon all that stuff out of this "main" thread would be great, so that we could have more well-informed discussion here once the chapters themselves come out. The rest of your post isn't all that far off base either.

I mean after reading the summary my opinion hasn’t changed at all what everyone was complaining about is still awful

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:42 pm

Alruneia wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:32 pm "Don't mess with DB fans, we complain first and read/watch later" :lol:
Really, though, the amount of premature judging that's been going on is directly silly, with some of it being proven baseless already.
It's part of the fun, what's the point of being a fan if you're not going to speculate and get worked up over nothing ? :mrgreen:

Rebel Instinct
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rebel Instinct » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:44 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am GOKU TELLS MORO TO GO TRAIN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE SERIOUS ?
"I don't know what's inaccurate..."

You tell me.

Nevermind this little chestnut:
Jack Bz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 pm Goku doesn't give Moro the option of not going to prison, and actually decides to kill him.
The post-Super fandom has ruined my love for Dragon Ball.

Jack Bz
Regular

Post by Jack Bz » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:47 pm

Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:50 pm
Rebel Instinct wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 2:08 pmI feel like it's important that accurate information be used as the basis for discourse over outright lies fabricated to keep everyone as angry as possible.
I don't know what's inaccurate about saying Goku was nearly begging this goat to change his ways. Even after lying to him and attacking, he still tries to reason with Moro. You've got Jaco who probably hasn't seen a fraction of what Goku's seen telling him it's not going to work. At this point in his "career", Goku should not be acting this way, he knows better.
You were being totally hyperbolic and posted this totally disingenuous claim in all caps:
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am
GOKU TELLS MORO TO GO TRAIN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE SERIOUS ?
Which just isn't the case at all. Goku is explaining to Moro where he went wrong and why he lost, trying to get through to him one more time before deciding to kill him.

And is it Goku lecturing Moro that fucks up the situation for everyone? No. And arguably not even the senzu bean really. The actual thing that ruins everything is Goku and Jaco discussing in front of Moro that Merus had ultra instinct. That's the thing that makes Moro realise there's another way to win.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm

Don't tell me this "wait until the chapter is professionally translated and is officially released" crap. Already read the summaries, won't be much different when it comes out tomorrow. My opinion has changed from a few days ago with Goku giving Moro a senzu bean for the worse actually. It was completely and utterly unnecessary and stupid.

If you don't like us commenting on spoilers "prematurely" go kick rocks. I'm going to say whatever my thoughts are regardless.

This arc has turned into a dumpster fire and has been trash the last few chapters. Its a shame because it started out well.

Almost 2 fucking years of this shit since it debuted now, and the longest climax ever.

I'm ready for this arc to end already.

Hell, get us out of this ten year period lmao. But that's unlikely to happen.

I've come to accept that for me, the franchise ended with the end of the Buu arc, and all this new crap the last 5 years is like DLC for me, just extra shit. If i enjoy it that's cool, most of it I didn't. Nowhere near the same.
Last edited by omaro34 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

DiscountDabi
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DiscountDabi » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:53 pm

After Reading the spoilers, Goku’s decision to give moro a senzu bean wasnt what allowed Moro to recover even stronger. No, it was telling Moro that Merus had Ultra Instinct. Thats what did him in, and that makes my feelings towards Goku’s characterization much much better for this chapter

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:54 pm

omaro34 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm If you don't like us commenting on spoilers "prematurely" go kick rocks. I'm going to say whatever my thoughts are regardless.
You seem like a cool, friendly guy.

Kinokima
I Live Here

Post by Kinokima » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:57 pm

Rebel Instinct wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:44 pm
Matches Malone wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 11:36 am GOKU TELLS MORO TO GO TRAIN SO THEY CAN FIGHT AGAIN LATER!!!!!!!!!!!! IS HE SERIOUS ?
"I don't know what's inaccurate..."

You tell me.

Nevermind this little chestnut:
Jack Bz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 12:12 pm Goku doesn't give Moro the option of not going to prison, and actually decides to kill him.
I read the summary, he gives Moro a Senzu then stalls by giving him a chance. When Moro says he won’t take the chance only then does he decide to finish him except by telling Moro about Merus he gives Moro the idea to get Merus power. I will say the last part isn’t necessarily Goku’s fault but the rest is. The power is too much for Moro but again Goku takes time to finish him and then Moro merges with the Earth making the situation worse

So no it doesn’t make Goku look better at all

Goku’s speech about training is good but it still ignores that Goku gave Moro a chance that caused the situation to become more dangerous in the end.

When people say it wasn’t the Senzu that made Moro more dangerous what does that matter. The point is the Senzu gave Moro time to become a greater threat.
Last edited by Kinokima on Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 pm

JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:54 pm
omaro34 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:52 pm If you don't like us commenting on spoilers "prematurely" go kick rocks. I'm going to say whatever my thoughts are regardless.
You seem like a cool, friendly guy.
And it seems I already ruffled some feathers.

Its my opinion. After I read summaries the day before the chapter comes out I'm going to comment.

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

JewyB
Beyond Newbie

Post by JewyB » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 pm

omaro34 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 pm And it seems I already ruffled some feathers.

Its my opinion. After I read summaries I'm going to comment.
My feathers are hardly "ruffled", just calling it as i see it. You place your own opinion to a higher degree of importance than other peoples enjoyment. Again, i dont personally mind spoilers, but i'm willing to respect that other people do, seems weird you would take pride in not doing that.

Its my opinion. After i read your post, i'm going to comment.

Mister_Popo
Advanced Regular

Post by Mister_Popo » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:04 pm

I personally preferred the teasers for the anime when it was still running.
Mostly we only had the episode title and a few leaked images, but the images didn't gave away enough to take conclusions about the story.
It was mere innocent speculating. Now everything is given away, before the actual chapter is released.

omaro34

Post by omaro34 » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:06 pm

JewyB wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:00 pm
omaro34 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:58 pm And it seems I already ruffled some feathers.

Its my opinion. After I read summaries I'm going to comment.
My feathers are hardly "ruffled", just calling it as i see it. You place your own opinion to a higher degree of importance than other peoples enjoyment. Again, i dont personally mind spoilers, but i'm willing to respect that other people do, seems weird you would take pride in not doing that.

Its my opinion. After i read your post, i'm going to comment.
And exactly what did I say that ruined the enjoyment for other people? Read my posts, I said nothing specifically revealing other than my distaste for this crap.

Goku giving Moro the senzu bean is all I mentioned, which has been talked about on this forum for the last few days constantly. I didn't mention anything specific after I read the summaries.
Last edited by omaro34 on Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Femme Fatale Kikaza
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Femme Fatale Kikaza » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:07 pm

Still, I hope that Vegeta knows how to spirit fission an entire planet(or at least the part Moro is exposed on) else everyone dies(except Whis and Beerus...at least until Shin gets caught in the blast.)
The Dorkie and Ditzy member of the Trio! I'm as cute and as airheaded as you can get!

Matches Malone
Banned

Post by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 19, 2020 4:08 pm

Jack Bz wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 3:47 pmGoku is explaining to Moro where he went wrong and why he lost.
Goku: You know how you nearly killed all of us and it took the power of angles to take you down ?
Moro: Yes ?
Goku: Well, if you go to prison and somehow find a way to train, you'll get a lot more out of it then simply eating planets.
Moro: So if I go back to prison and happen to escape when you're not looking and start training, I'll be stronger ?
Goku: :thumbup:
Moro: OK then, I'll go to prison. :lol:

Do you see how bad that would be for everyone if he took Goku up on his offer ? No matter how you look at it, Goku's written terribly here.